Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#1621 io

io

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

I finished my first PT at lvl 33. I was able to run through the main story line of PT2 at about the right level the whole time, saving all my side quests for 2.5

OK, someone explain to me the significance of playthrough 2.5? I keep seeing that mentioned. Why wouldn't you get everything else done on playthrough 2? I started TVHM last night and gained like 3 levels just getting to Sanctuary, so I don't think it will be a problem to hit 50. What (or why) are you saving anything for 2.5?

Also, some Wiki I was reading said you don't get the "You Will Die" (Terramorphous?) mission until you beat the game the second time. I got it after I beat it the first time. Of course it said it was level 50 and impossible so I didn't try it, but it is there in any case.

And by the way, it is not so straightforward to start up a TVHM game - thanks (not) to those who (didn't) answer my question about that earlier ;). You have to ditch your current character and then reselect it to get that option. Starting a new game doesn't give you the option. But when I started a new character, realized I didn't want to start from scratch, then went back to my last character, it finally gave me the option. So, yeah, akward UI design there, but whatever...

#1622 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

OK, someone explain to me the significance of playthrough 2.5? I keep seeing that mentioned. Why wouldn't you get everything else done on playthrough 2? I started TVHM last night and gained like 3 levels just getting to Sanctuary, so I don't think it will be a problem to hit 50. What (or why) are you saving anything for 2.5?

It's not actually another playthrough. PT2.5 just means that everything in the game levels up to 50 after you beat Jack the second time. Your quests don't change from PT2. The reason you might want to save sidequests until then is to get certain quest rewards (like Flame of the Firehawk or Law and Order for example) at their level 50 versions.

All you need to do in the future to change between playthroughs is press Y on the character selection screen. ;)

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1623 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

At 2.5 all your rewards will scale to lvl 50. So all the side quest items will be lvl 50 instead of whatever the recommended level is in pt2. You can do the others if you need the extra xp but save anything the gives items as rewards. The orange fire shield you get from Lilith early in the game is a good example.

Edit- all that typing on my phone only to be ninja'd

#1624 io

io

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

It's not actually another playthrough. PT2.5 just means that everything in the game levels up to 50 after you beat Jack the second time. Your quests don't change from PT2. The reason you might want to save sidequests until then is to get certain quest rewards (like Flame of the Firehawk or Law and Order for example) at their level 50 versions.

All you need to do in the future to change between playthroughs is press Y on the character selection screen. ;)

Yeah, well, I didn't want to change characters (which is what it says for 'Y' on the screen) so that was not obvious to me at first glance. I wanted to use the same character. But yeah, now I get it.

As for the sidequests... interesting. I was about to do the Flame of the Firehawk quest to get that shield at a much higher level than the one I got before (I'm around 39 now). But now maybe I'll hold off till I'm at 50. That makes sense. So you just power through to beat the game again, but then don't restart - you just clean up sidemissions with rewards at that point? OK...

I had asked about this before - any tips on the location achievements? I'm missing the one for Eridium Blight/etc areas (and of course also the one for all areas) even though I got all the fog cleared off each and every map (I went through them all to check). Of course, this was in PT1. On the TVHM PT it is all reset again.

#1625 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Check every map and make sure you see a border around everything and everything is showing on the map. There are a few places where you'll see a small circle that's still covered. Look close and you'll see it.

#1626 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

There are a few easily, commonly missed spots. The solutions on TrueAchievements.com were really helpful to me.

#1627 io

io

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Check every map and make sure you see a border around everything and everything is showing on the map. There are a few places where you'll see a small circle that's still covered. Look close and you'll see it.

I went through every map one by one and did this. I had a few fuzzy areas near some edges but when I went out to those they weren't new named areas - just corners I hadn't been to. The last dark circle I had was the area down in a cave in the Eridium Blight I think. The entrance is blocked by electricity and you have to shoot a fuse up above a turret to open it up. I thought for sure once I figured that out the achievements would pop but no such luck. What I was wondering was if there were any areas that were hidden but did not show as circles on the maps? I mean there pretty much has to be or my game has glitched since I checked out every map (minus the DLC where it did glitch on me - I found two hidden areas and the badass challenges for them reset afterwards).

I'll check out the link Ryuukishi and see if there's anything there.

I have yet to face Terramorphous - is he in a new "named" area? That could be it. But then I think the quest for him was in an area where I did get the location achievement (I have the Highlands/etc one).

#1628 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Unlock the Mechromancer's spooky "Stinger Missile" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H

#1629 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

What I was wondering was if there were any areas that were hidden but did not show as circles on the maps? I mean there pretty much has to be or my game has glitched since I checked out every map (minus the DLC where it did glitch on me - I found two hidden areas and the badass challenges for them reset afterwards).

I'm only midway through PT1 so don't know for sure. The Minecraft area comes to mind as I read your posts, though. I know it is outside the boundaries of the map. Maybe there are more like it (and they count toward the cheevo). Dunno.

#1630 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

io have you been to the very top of the volcano?

#1631 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Is the gaige one even worth downloading?

#1632 io

io

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

io have you been to the very top of the volcano?

Yep. Did that the other day - that was the only fog I had left in that area. That didn't even unlock as a named area (with exp like some do) but I read that the entire map has to be uncovered as well so it counted for that I guess. Looking at a guide it does seem that some named areas don't show as fog on the map. So I'll just have to go through them all in Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus, and Sawtooth Cauldron.

For example, I might have missed this one, from http://www.trueachie...tm?showguides=1:

User Ladybusiness has pointed out another hard to find location. In Sawtooth Cauldron once you reach the top of the Buzzard Nest (big platform in the middle of the map), you will need to jump off of the SW corner into a small camp to reveal an area. There is a small bit of loot in this camp as well.

#1633 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Terramorphous Peak is a named area so you probably still need that if you haven't fought him. Also the big loop in the Southern Shelf (the named area is called Ebonfloe IIRC) is easy to miss.

#1634 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

It goes into the inventory of the first character loaded after redeeming.

oops. After redeeming more of the skins I have to correct myself:

If you already created a character of that class, the skin will be placed in that character's inventory.

If you have not created a character of that class, the skin will be placed into the inventory of the character first loaded after redeeming.

Sorry for the mis-information. Hope I'm right this time. If not, I give up :)

#1635 io

io

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Terramorphous Peak is a named area so you probably still need that if you haven't fought him.

Yeah, I asked about that earlier - but where is that exactly? I have 3 of the 4 areas complete. And I don't see Terra under the "Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus, and Sawtooth Cauldron" section which is the only one I have left. Maybe it counts for the "World Traveller" achievement, though, so once I get the smaller area one done I'll look into that.

#1636 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

Sorry for the mis-information. Hope I'm right this time. If not, I give up :)

I think you were right that the skin gets added to the inventory of whichever character you load up first. But the thing is, only one skin will get added each time you load. So if you enter all five codes at the same time, like I just did, you have to load your character five times in a row to get all five items. But the class of the character doesn't matter.

Yeah, I asked about that earlier - but where is that exactly? I have 3 of the 4 areas complete. And I don't see Terra under the "Eridium Blight, Arid Nexus, and Sawtooth Cauldron" section which is the only one I have left. Maybe it counts for the "World Traveller" achievement, though, so once I get the smaller area one done I'll look into that.

Terramorphous Peak is in Thousand Cuts IIRC.

#1637 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

So I jump back on I haven't been on for a few weeks so Im lvl 19 Assassin, this one guy on my buddylist,(one of those people who's been on your list forever but you never play the same games lol) jumps into my campaign, I've never played with anyone on BL or BL2 so I didnt realize what I was looking at, but then I noticed he was lvl 150 gunzerker. He had some weapon he dropped it in front of me it had 9M damage and it sold for $64M. But I got XP for everything he killed with the weapon so I went from 19-21 in no time....thats crazy

#1638 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

So I jump back on I haven't been on for a few weeks so Im lvl 19 Assassin, this one guy on my buddylist,(one of those people who's been on your list forever but you never play the same games lol) jumps into my campaign, I've never played with anyone on BL or BL2 so I didnt realize what I was looking at, but then I noticed he was lvl 150 gunzerker. He had some weapon he dropped it in front of me it had 9M damage and it sold for $64M. But I got XP for everything he killed with the weapon so I went from 19-21 in no time....thats crazy

Hope he didn't give you the graveyard.sav glitch modders can give people.

#1639 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Yeah that's a modded weapon. I would stay away from anything modded. Check your saves and make sure you don't have the graveyard file and back up your characters to a USB if possible.

#1640 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

How do I go bout checking that?

#1641 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Go to your hard drive and look in your borderlands 2 file. If you have a slot that's named graveyard.sav then you have it. I don't know if deleting it rids you of any future problems.

If you don't have it, backup your characters to a USB if you have one. Using cloud won't work to backup FYI

#1642 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Not sure if Im in right place but I see

BL2 Compatiblity Pack 198MB
Creature Slaughterhouse 60KB
Mechromancer 86MB
Premiere Club 60KB
Zero-Level 21-Sanctuary 72KB
saved game

#1643 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Looks like you're fine

#1644 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Yea he wasn't a random random, he's been on list for a cpl of years just we never played the same games

#1645 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

I still have my 14 gold keys too lol

#1646 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Yea he wasn't a random random, he's been on list for a cpl of years just we never played the same games

It doesn't matter if he wasn't a random. There's something that tries to counteract the modders by activating some internal file called graveyard.sav( supposedly) when you mod a save file when your character dies it can never come back.

#1647 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

It doesn't matter if he wasn't a random. There's something that tries to counteract the modders by activating some internal file called graveyard.sav( supposedly) when you mod a save file when your character dies it can never come back.

Somewhere buried in the code of the game is a Hardcore mode, similar to Diablo where if your character dies you lose them forever. Something the developers either decided against including, or were planning to complete and introduce in a future update. Modders figured out how to turn it on for their characters, which, bully for them, but because it's not a feature that was finished or tested, it turns out that the setting propagates to characters you play online with. Oops.

#1648 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

I loved HC DII. I don't think I would run that mode if it was on disc too scary in this game. ah good ol memories of DII

#1649 One From Zero

One From Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I think you were right that the skin gets added to the inventory of whichever character you load up first. But the thing is, only one skin will get added each time you load. So if you enter all five codes at the same time, like I just did, you have to load your character five times in a row to get all five items. But the class of the character doesn't matter.

Thanks. That explains it. I redeemed skins for Zer0 and Gaige at the same time and must have loaded the characters in the same order as redemption. I had expected to see both skins in the first character I loaded.

Since you answered my questionable answer to your original question, did you in fact answer your own question?:lol:

#1650 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Terramorphous Peak isn't needed for the achievement.