Photo
- - - - -

3DS $19.99: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries, DoA Dimensions, Blazblue & More at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#31 DoubleJG

DoubleJG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

Your "gf" ;)

Damn, cover = blown. :cry:

Posted Image

#32 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

Really tempted to bite on RE:Mercs and Nintendogs... One of those is a more likely scenario though.

Edited by Mixer236, 22 August 2011 - 11:59 PM.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#33 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

I already have RE, Nintendogs and DOA. But I'm tempted to check out that Blazblue game.

#34 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:06 AM

Even at $20 I can't bring myself to buy this junk. The 3DS needs some games that are worth my time & money.

Yeah I thought I'd be happy to buy this game for $20 but alas, I am not.

But Dead or Alive: Dimensions is a really solid fighter. The story mode is awful but the gameplay it self is really strong. I enjoyed it more then SFIV but I know many of you will disagree.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#35 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

DOA:D is great for anyone that do not have the console version.

#36 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

doa is ok. worth $20. not worth $40. not as good as ssf4 though.

#37 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

I couldn't find DoA at the local Best Buy, so I ordered it on Amazon instead.

#38 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

I was thinking about getting the RE game, but the fact that you can only play the game once, then it's rendered useless because of the one save-lock-out, is going to keep me from buying it...ever.

you can't trade the game, you can't replay it because the save file is basically a one time use thing.

phuck that noise.

Nope. From what I understand, while the save is locked, this just means that high-scores and unlockables cannot be reset. You can still play the game as many times as you want.

#39 MotzCTG

MotzCTG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

Anyone here play Nintendogs or Super Monkey Ball 3DS?

I recently bought my girlfriend a 3DS and am wondering if either of these two are worth biting on.

I tested out super monkey ball and it was not good at all.

#40 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

Got a $5 credit from amazon due to my Layton games still not being here when they were due last Thursday. I used them to get DOA D for $15. Also picked up RE M & Nintendogs...for myself :P

#41 ceve2001

ceve2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

Not sure if BB will pricematch a gift card offer, this is in thier FAQ:

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

It really depends on the Best Buy you go to. Some are fine with price matching gift card offers, or allowing buy 2 for $.

#42 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

Dead or Alive: Dimensions is a really solid fighter. The story mode is awful but the gameplay it self is really strong. I enjoyed it more then SFIV but I know many of you will disagree.

I'm totally with you on that one, I was pleasantly surprised at how good DOA actually was.

Also, for those of you complaining, I thought I read somewhere that there actually was a way you could delete the save file for RE, you just had to jump through a hoop or two to do it.

*EDIT*

After a quick search on google, I found out I was right. But, you have to use a NDS adaptor plus(which you have to buy separately for about $20). So, for those wanting this game on the cheap who don't already have one of these it pretty much cancels it out. But, at least it can be done if you have, have, have to delete the save data.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#43 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

picked up mercenaries and doa. Glad amazon matched bb makes life so much easier.

#44 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

Thanks OP. I picked up DOA at Amazon instead of wasting gas to go to BB. I don't even have a 3DS yet but I'm going to be picking it up soon.
----
Posted Image

#45 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:07 AM

I was thinking about getting the RE game, but the fact that you can only play the game once, then it's rendered useless because of the one save-lock-out, is going to keep me from buying it...ever.

you can't trade the game, you can't replay it because the save file is basically a one time use thing.

phuck that noise.

What? You can trade it in ($13 @ BB, $6 @ Amazon). If you are referring to GameStop's stance: "Retailer GameStop has reversed its decision in not accepting trade-ins for Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D." GameStop is currently offering $12.
Posted Image

#46 SkyMasterson

SkyMasterson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

phuck that noise.

Wtf are you talking about?

It's an arcade shooter, not a story centric campaign.

#47 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

lol@electricsheep81

I ended up buying the game, for $20 I have no problem justifying any drawback. I was hoping for Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion on the list but it wasn't. ='( I know it's on sale at GS, I think I have till tomorrow to pick it up or just wait on it again.

#48 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:14 AM

I tested out super monkey ball and it was not good at all.

It seems like Sega is completely clueless as to why people ever liked Super Monkey Ball. With every sequel since the original GameCube game, they have changed it in ways that make it worse. For instance, in this 3DS game, they place extra emphasis on the fighting and racing modes, 2 of the least enjoyable mini-games from previous versions of the game, and they reduce the main mode in both length and difficulty.

At this point, they should just re-release the original game with updated graphics and then give up.

And why isn't Amazon matching the price on Ghost Recon?
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#49 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

Punch time will drop below 20 fast
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#50 Mattx510

Mattx510

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:20 AM

Anyone know how long this will last? Is a week deal or what, reason is I just traded in a couple games to amazon and it has 1 business day left before it gets to them, then probly a day or so later I'll get my credit which I would love to use on this. But if the price will be gone very soon, I'll bite anyways.

#51 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:37 AM

see zelda for 29 on amazon now. vary tempted! :)

#52 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:51 AM

I JUST finished playing RE. If you liked Mercenaries from RE4 and RE5, you'll enjoy this game. It's a bit watered down, but it mixes the two worlds and has a ton of unlockables, which is fun. The online process mostly works smoothly, too, unless the other guy quits. But overall, a solid game.
Posted Image

#53 Mexico619

Mexico619

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

i'm thinking of buying DoA but i just got SSF4 for ~$18, should i return it for DoA cuz i heard lots of good things about it.

#54 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:05 AM

i'm thinking of buying DoA but i just got SSF4 for ~$18, should i return it for DoA cuz i heard lots of good things about it.

i wouldn't return ssf4. its the superior game of the 2. at $18 its even better. doa is good at $20, but not worth returning ssf4 to get.

#55 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:06 AM

Picked up DoA, thanks for the info OP.

#56 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

Are Resident Evil and DOA good games?

#57 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

i dont have a 3ds yet, but i would really like to start building my collection

is it worth buying some of these now...or will games like doa/resident evil drop in price even further to 15 or even 10?

#58 Mexico619

Mexico619

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:31 AM

i wouldn't return ssf4. its the superior game of the 2. at $18 its even better. doa is good at $20, but not worth returning ssf4 to get.

thanks, i feel more at ease knowing that i got a good or even better game then DoA and can just wait for it to come in the mail. it was actually $15 but shipping made it almost $19.

#59 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:31 AM

Punch time will drop below 20 fast

I have no doubts in that which is why I haven't bit the bullet yet, here is to hoping it's sooner than later.

i dont have a 3ds yet, but i would really like to start building my collection

is it worth buying some of these now...or will games like doa/resident evil drop in price even further to 15 or even 10?

DoA has been this price and maybe even cheaper a few times already, how far down the road I have no clue but I'm sure we would at least see them for $15 at some point in time.

#60 buffcorp

buffcorp

Paingression

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:40 AM

Bought RE for $30 a week ago from them. Would they do a price adjustment and give me a $10 credit?

I just got s price adjustment on nintendogs that I bought for friend ..keep trying