3DS $19.99: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries, DoA Dimensions, Blazblue & More at Amazon

[quote name='MotzCTG']I tested out super monkey ball and it was not good at all.[/QUOTE]

It seems like Sega is completely clueless as to why people ever liked Super Monkey Ball. With every sequel since the original GameCube game, they have changed it in ways that make it worse. For instance, in this 3DS game, they place extra emphasis on the fighting and racing modes, 2 of the least enjoyable mini-games from previous versions of the game, and they reduce the main mode in both length and difficulty.

At this point, they should just re-release the original game with updated graphics and then give up.

And why isn't Amazon matching the price on Ghost Recon?

Anyone know how long this will last? Is a week deal or what, reason is I just traded in a couple games to amazon and it has 1 business day left before it gets to them, then probly a day or so later I'll get my credit which I would love to use on this. But if the price will be gone very soon, I'll bite anyways.

I JUST finished playing RE. If you liked Mercenaries from RE4 and RE5, you'll enjoy this game. It's a bit watered down, but it mixes the two worlds and has a ton of unlockables, which is fun. The online process mostly works smoothly, too, unless the other guy quits. But overall, a solid game.

i'm thinking of buying DoA but i just got SSF4 for ~$18, should i return it for DoA cuz i heard lots of good things about it.

[quote name='Mexico619']i'm thinking of buying DoA but i just got SSF4 for ~$18, should i return it for DoA cuz i heard lots of good things about it.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't return ssf4. its the superior game of the 2. at $18 its even better. doa is good at $20, but not worth returning ssf4 to get.

i dont have a 3ds yet, but i would really like to start building my collection

is it worth buying some of these now...or will games like doa/resident evil drop in price even further to 15 or even 10?

[quote name='gmsick']i wouldn't return ssf4. its the superior game of the 2. at $18 its even better. doa is good at $20, but not worth returning ssf4 to get.[/QUOTE]
thanks, i feel more at ease knowing that i got a good or even better game then DoA and can just wait for it to come in the mail. it was actually $15 but shipping made it almost $19.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Punch time will drop below 20 fast[/QUOTE]

I have no doubts in that which is why I haven't bit the bullet yet, here is to hoping it's sooner than later.

[quote name='proKoyeon']i dont have a 3ds yet, but i would really like to start building my collection

is it worth buying some of these now...or will games like doa/resident evil drop in price even further to 15 or even 10?[/QUOTE]

DoA has been this price and maybe even cheaper a few times already, how far down the road I have no clue but I'm sure we would at least see them for $15 at some point in time.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Bought RE for $30 a week ago from them. Would they do a price adjustment and give me a $10 credit?[/QUOTE]

I just got s price adjustment on nintendogs that I bought for friend ..keep trying

[quote name='abhinav']But Dead or Alive: Dimensions is a really solid fighter. The story mode is awful but the gameplay it self is really strong. I enjoyed it more then SFIV but I know many of you will disagree.[/QUOTE]
As a huge DOA fan, I can honestly say that this statement is false. It's kind of fun to dick around with, especially if you've never played a game in the series, but it doesn't hold up as a solid fighter, even compared to previous DOA games.

DoA has been my favorite 3DS game so far. I bought it at launch at $40, since I just HAD to be able to get all of the DLC costumes (would have nagged at me if I missed them), and have been perfectly happy with it ever since. If you frequent conventions, it makes a great time killer waiting in between events with fighting the Streetpass AI avatars. Amazing buy for $20 for anyone that doesn't have it yet.

But anyways, is Nintendogs worth it for $20 if I am mostly just interested in the cats?

[quote name='DeskLaser']But anyways, is Nintendogs worth it for $20 if I am mostly just interested in the cats?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the cats aren't available from the start, there are only three breeds to choose from, and they can't do a lot of the things the dogs can do. Still, I'm tempted, but I haven't touched my original copy of Nintendogs in a long time...

[quote name='trent82']It seems like Sega is completely clueless as to why people ever liked Super Monkey Ball. With every sequel since the original GameCube game, they have changed it in ways that make it worse. For instance, in this 3DS game, they place extra emphasis on the fighting and racing modes, 2 of the least enjoyable mini-games from previous versions of the game, and they reduce the main mode in both length and difficulty.

At this point, they should just re-release the original game with updated graphics and then give up.

And why isn't Amazon matching the price on Ghost Recon?[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I loved the first one. The core gameplay was great and the added mini games were pretty good, like monkey fight. But ever since then it has been all down hill, which is a shame. It could be good on the 3DS too, but they won't get it right.

I don't know which to wait for....I have played DoA on my 360 and it was fun to play around for, for a while. However it lost interest to me after about a week of trying to get "good" (relatively). However, I didn't have Live so maybe that didn't help it being good....but being on a handheld I feel the WiFi lobbys will be empty within a few months....but do you think that it is better than SSF4:3D? I read the prior posts yet I don't know which I should get or just get the console versions (dropped Arcade SSF4?) and save my money/credit/time....

Anyways, thanks OP for giving me something to think of during my sleep...mostly vollyball related ;)

damn, i just used my $20 3ds promo credit from OoT 3ds (yes, i still had it) on blazblue on sunday

i dont plan on playing it and was just gonna sell it right away, but i shouldve known amazon would price match best buy and waited for nintendogs. i wouldve just opened that up for the club nintendo code and then traded it back to amazon for a $17 gift card. thats almost a 1:1 trade. oh well

im just rambling now. anyways, this is a pretty good sale but my backlog is preventing me from buying anything.

is Re worth it for $20?
of the ones on sale that is the only one i am interested in.
fighting games on hand held do nothing for me
and monkey ball/nintendogs cats are not my cup of tea

I picked up RE: Mercs so that I could return the still-sealed copy I paid $30 for at Target. I got it as a buy 1, get 1 50% off along with Zelda. I don't think I'll have to worry too much about seeing Zelda for less than $30 during the return window.
Honestly, the only thing that stopped me from picking up DOA as well was that Devil Survivor Overclocked came out today :D

Strangely the Nintendogs French Bulldog and Toy Poodle have almost doubled in price back to $37-$38 each. The Golden Retriever stayed at $19.99 though.

oddly only Golden Retriever is on sale of Nintendogs + Cats

I might have bought French Bulldog if it had been $20 since it has German Shepherds and Siberian Huskies in it (which are my two favorite dog breeds)

[quote name='buckythekat']oddly only Golden Retriever is on sale of Nintendogs + Cats

I might have bought French Bulldog if it had been $20 since it has German Shepherds and Siberian Huskies in it (which are my two favorite dog breeds)[/QUOTE]

I don't have the game, but, from the reviews I've read (I think on Amazon), I believe that all of the dogs are in all of the games, but that you just have differing initial dog choices based on which title you chose.

Blazblue I wouldn't mind, except I own a PSP so would get that version.

Resident Evil fakes me out...I see that and for a split second go "YES!" and then remember "oh, right...not a real Resident Evil".

Hope that and the current gen online thing don't trash the series' good will :(

Got RE. Thanks! For $20 I'll give it a shot. The bad reviews are from the one save thing and that's it, just read them on Amazon. Read the 5 star ones and you'll get a better idea of how it is. People were saying it should have been a bonus mode on Revelations, but that doesn't come out until April.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Is DOA better than Street Fighter on the 3ds? Does it have the touch screen attacks like Street Fighter?[/QUOTE]

I'm bias when it comes to this question because I've been playing SF all my life. With that said I think SSF4 is the better game. DOA has combos on the touchscreen and does the combo when you press it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Resident Evil fakes me out...I see that and for a split second go "YES!" and then remember "oh, right...not a real Resident Evil".
[/QUOTE]
I'm the same way.

[quote name='eliter1']I know RE has received the best reviews around but how are the controls?[/QUOTE]
Surprisingly solid controls. I'm using the default control layout ("Type A"). Move with circle pad. Hold R to pull gun and aim with circle pad. Aiming is fluid and precise. If you have your gun pulled and hold L you can move, marking the first time you can aim and shoot at the same time in a RE game. R+Y shoots, R+B reloads, circle pad down + B turns around, A heals, Y interacts (open door, tap again to kick open door, climb ladder, melee), and d-pad up/down or tap the weapon on the touch screen to change weapon (I use touch).

[quote name='lilman']Surprisingly solid controls. I'm using the default control layout ("Type A"). Move with circle pad. Hold R to pull gun and aim with circle pad. Aiming is fluid and precise. If you have your gun pulled and hold L you can move, marking the first time you can aim and shoot at the same time in a RE game. R+Y shoots, R+B reloads, circle pad down + B turns around, A heals, Y interacts (open door, tap again to kick open door, climb ladder, melee), and d-pad up/down or tap the weapon on the touch screen to change weapon (I use touch).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I want to order RE but I know RE 4 HD is coming out soon :roll: and I still have not seen a decent deal on SSFIV 3D.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Is DOA better than Street Fighter on the 3ds? Does it have the touch screen attacks like Street Fighter?[/QUOTE]

Because street fighter lets you map moves to 4 touch controlled buttons, i heard playing online is a big spam fest because you can keep tapping the same button to perform say a hadoken over and over.. etc.

In doa there is a touchscreen moves list and I think you can click on a move to execute it but the text is way smaller and discourages this spamming. Also you cant assign four big buttons to specific moves like in ssf4, you have to actually scroll through the moves list and click on a move or combo to do it which is hard in the heat of battle. Its much easier to just take a quick glance at the list.

Street fighter is a very technical fighter where touch screen buttons do come in handy but they are overused it seems.

Dead or Alive is more of an arcade type fighter that has a rock paper scissors mechanic and is all about the reversals. I believe its more accessible to people new to fighting games .

[quote name='Magicman103']Because street fighter lets you map moves to 4 touch controlled buttons, i heard playing online is a big spam fest because you can keep tapping the same button to perform say a hadoken over and over.. etc.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, a Hadoken isn't hard to do no matter what. If someone needs to use the touchscreen to pull it off, and it's faster for them than just doing the motion, they haven't played a lot of Street Fighter, and shouldn't be too hard to beat. If they're spamming it, that means that it's easy to predict their moves, which in a fighting game is a death sentence.

I will admit, though, that I used the touch screen rather than memorizing supers and ultras.

[quote name='heraymo1']man im so worryed about the 3ds future[/QUOTE]

Nintendo aims to soothe your worry on September 13.

[quote name='zeonmx']Does anyone know when the deal ends?[/QUOTE]

Likely on Saturday like BB & Target's offers.

picked up nintendogs, I was too embarrassed to go pick it up when it was $30 at kmart, and im glad because now I don't have to go through the humiliation of buying it in front of someone lol and I get another $10 off. Im not expecting much from it but I wouldn't mind a dumb casual game

[quote name='heraymo1']man im so worried about the 3ds future[/QUOTE]

don't be. Early sales reports since the price drop show a huge surge. Long term still remains to be seen but the install base has more than doubled I believe

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Bought RE for $30 a week ago from them. Would they do a price adjustment and give me a $10 credit?[/QUOTE]
sometimes...if it was within 7 days. worth a try.

[quote name='heraymo1']man im so worryed about the 3ds future[/QUOTE]

Don't be, they're releasing super mario 3d land by the end of the year, thats all they need

bread's done
Back