CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1681 replies to this topic

#91 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

Not entireley relevant but i though i would share since this thread needs some more motivation. This is kind of a before and after post. This is about a Year and a Half after my lifestyle change. Results and Pics from my weekend event this past Saturday.

Before:

Iron Crusader 2011 [link]
Placed: 146 out of 1014
Distance: 3.5mi (3.25mi via GPS Watch)
Time: 31:33

Fire:
Finish Line:
Mud Pits:

For The Record:
Height: 6'
Starting Weight: 255 lbs
Current Weight: 178 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 77 lbs

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#92 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Weekly Weigh-In

Height: 6'2"
Starting Weight: 300 lbs

Last Week: 287 lbs
This Week: 284 lbs

Total Weight Loss: 16 lbs

I started to plateau after the first 10 lbs, I was going right up the the caloric intake every day, but never went over. About 5 weeks in though the weight started coming off again and I dropped 3 lbs this week.

#93 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

Great job to everyone in here. Really great to see.

#94 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

I've just discovered a stupid easy tool to help me be better about my health. I'm not sure about the food consumption part of this device, but I've ordered one. Warning though, it's not cheap. I feel it's worth it though. I've been looking for something to tell me about my sleep (well lack of it). Check it out.

www.fitbit.com

I got it but... I decided to return it. Just don't know if it's worth it after all.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#95 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

I got it but... I decided to return it. Just don't know if it's worth it after all.

Oh well. I'm about to buy an iPod Nano because of the stopwatch and Nike+ features. I can't decide on whether to get the 4GB or 8GB one though - it's only a $20 difference so I'll probably go for the 8GB but my 1GB shuffle has been PLENTY for exercising purposes.

Any of you guys used a Nano before? My one concern is that I might not be able to skip a song while I'm running without looking at the screen. The shuffle has actual buttons you can feel making it easy. Any thoughts?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#96 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Oh well. I'm about to buy an iPod Nano because of the stopwatch and Nike+ features. I can't decide on whether to get the 4GB or 8GB one though - it's only a $20 difference so I'll probably go for the 8GB but my 1GB shuffle has been PLENTY for exercising purposes.

Any of you guys used a Nano before? My one concern is that I might not be able to skip a song while I'm running without looking at the screen. The shuffle has actual buttons you can feel making it easy. Any thoughts?

Can't speak for the Nano (I have a Shuffle), but, are you going to be using Apple earbuds with the controls on them? If so, you can skip that way. I'm not even sure if a Nano comes with that type of earbuds. (The iPhone does.)

#97 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

I have an older style nano that I use with the wheel. I got one of the arm bands and I have no problem skipping songs without looking at it.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#98 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

Can't speak for the Nano (I have a Shuffle), but, are you going to be using Apple earbuds with the controls on them? If so, you can skip that way. I'm not even sure if a Nano comes with that type of earbuds. (The iPhone does.)

Nah, I use 3rd party (Sony) in-ear headphones. I cannot stand the Apple ones that don't fit, fall out easily and don't exclude outside sounds. I didn't think of that though - maybe I can invest in a new pair of Sony headphones if they sell them with those features...

I have an older style nano that I use with the wheel. I got one of the arm bands and I have no problem skipping songs without looking at it.

The new Nanos are all touch screen based, right? The old ones have the wheel which is definitely workable for skipping songs without looking. Maybe I need to go to the Apple store and play around with one...

#99 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

The new Nanos are all touch screen based, right? The old ones have the wheel which is definitely workable for skipping songs without looking. Maybe I need to go to the Apple store and play around with one...

My mistake, I don't keep up with the Apple products. Didn't even realize they switched all of them to touch screens. I'm not even sure how old mine is, it was an unclaimed lost and found item.

#100 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

Nah, I use 3rd party (Sony) in-ear headphones. I cannot stand the Apple ones that don't fit, fall out easily and don't exclude outside sounds. I didn't think of that though - maybe I can invest in a new pair of Sony headphones if they sell them with those features...

Yeah, I don't use them either...I'm not sure if there are third-party ones that have similar features.

#101 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

Not entireley relevant but i though i would share since this thread needs some more motivation. This is kind of a before and after post. This is about a Year and a Half after my lifestyle change. Results and Pics from my weekend event this past Saturday.

Before:

Fire:
Finish Line:
Mud Pits:

For The Record:

you look amazing :applause:

#102 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

Went below my target weight this morning.

Starting weight: 198.0 lbs (July 11, 2011)
Today's weight: 174.2 lbs (October 28, 2011)

Target weight: 175 lbs.

What the heck do I do now? =)

#103 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:12 AM

Went below my target weight this morning.

Starting weight: 198.0 lbs (July 11, 2011)
Today's weight: 174.2 lbs (October 28, 2011)

Target weight: 175 lbs.

What the heck do I do now? =)

Start packing on the muscle.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#104 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Before:

Fire:
Finish Line:
Mud Pits:

For The Record:

Wow dude. I bet you feel awesome all the time. So how long did the last 10lbs. take for you to lose? That's where I'm at. I'm currently 189 (6'-0") and I'd like to get to the 177-180 range. If I can continue to lose about 2 lbs. a month I think I'd be happy with that knowing by next spring I'd hit my goal. The last 10 are the hardest though - plus I've got about 9 years on you and the older you get the harder it is. Ugh.

I need to sign up for one of those races. One of my friends keeps talking it up and after seeing those pics it looks like a lot of fun.

#105 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

Start packing on the muscle.

Yep - weight conquered, now time to put a little back on.

Bosu Ball is pretty much the bomb for abs. Gotta get used to the kettleball swing, though.

#106 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

you look amazing :applause:

Thanks. Hard work pays off

Wow dude. I bet you feel awesome all the time. So how long did the last 10lbs. take for you to lose? That's where I'm at. I'm currently 189 (6'-0") and I'd like to get to the 177-180 range. If I can continue to lose about 2 lbs. a month I think I'd be happy with that knowing by next spring I'd hit my goal. The last 10 are the hardest though - plus I've got about 9 years on you and the older you get the harder it is. Ugh.

I need to sign up for one of those races. One of my friends keeps talking it up and after seeing those pics it looks like a lot of fun.

I lost the first 65lbs all by changing my diet and eating. But after 65lbs I leveled off so then I figured I would start running. Let me start by saying that I Loathed running, and I basically decided to make it a new hobby (easiest and fits any budget). The goal I gave myself was to be able to run a 5k Comfortably. I started small by running around a mile or so and being gassed, but each time i would run I would push myself further and further.

I was running pretty heavily about 5-6 days a week when i started. In about 2.5 weeks the last 10lbs fell off like nothing, and within a month I went from barley being able to run 1 mile to running over 7 miles at one time. At that point I realized I became a runner, I then went out and bought proper shoes and clothing and haven't looked back since. I've since scaled back and run 3-5 times a week and I switch up my distances and speed, but I run a 10k once a week usually on a Saturday or Sunday. This has also all been accomplished in 3.5 months, so I am confident anyone can do it if they are willing to push themselves.

If you have a smartphone I highly recommend using Runkeeper or similar apps. It helps with the metrics and gives good motivation when you get to see your progress you've made. Keep in mind its not always accurate and often states your run further and faster than you actually are. Within a month I upgraded to a proper Garmin GPS Watch.

Personal Records (Link)
Furthest Ran: 10.1mi
Best Week: 24.1mi
Best Month: 55.7mi

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#107 jousley

jousley

10yr Member of CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

tag

#108 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:53 AM

Dipping into the 150's, after changing portion sizes. I'm now eating three meals with two or so healthy snacks in. Still lifting nighty with a run tacked on. I'll be quite happy to hit 150 pounds. Just gotta lose a bit more around the midsection.

#109 silentevil

silentevil

Most evil man ever!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:49 AM

I'm a little late to the party but I'm 6' 3''. I actually started last week but I didn't post here.

Starting weight as of (10-21): 215
Goal: 190
As of today (10-30): 210

I use Lose It to count calories it's very helpful and better than carrying a pen and paper everywhere. I also use an app called JEFIT. It's a work out app I use it to keep up with my work outs and create routines for certain days. It's a big help if it weren't for it I would be working out randomly getting nowhere.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#110 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

starting weight: 175 (as of feb)
Current weight: 140
height: 5'9"
goal: I actually want to hit about 160 but get rid of the very tiny bit of fat I have and start packing on some more lean mass.

I find it hard to diet this semester with my busy school and work schedule but I'm running everyday and lifting every other and have slowly been shredding off the rest of my fat. I'll focus on bulking in January I figure.

#111 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Weekly Weigh-In

Height: 6'4"
CAG Challenge Starting Weight: 223.8

Last Week: 208.0 lbs.
This Week: 205.4 lbs.

Total Weight Loss from CAG Challenge: 18.4 pounds

Getting there. Should be in the 190's by the end of the month. I'd like to be at 190 by the end of the year.

The cold weather is starting to limit my workouts though. My weights are outside in a small covered area, so I've been having to wait until the day warms up enough and even then I've been wearing full sweats and an extra layer if necessary.

Running outside has also been frustrating because it's just slower paced maintenance running; can't really work on speed when it's cold like this. Getting the clothing just right so I'm not too cold but also not overdressed has been a pain in the ass. I'm either under dressed and it's too cold or I'm wearing too much and I sweat way more than I should.

I have an exercise bike if it gets too cold, but I hate using it because it's nearly impossible to keep the intensity up like when I'm running.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#112 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

It's not the cheapass thing to do but I suggest joining a gym. I pay like $14 every 2 weeks for Bally's and I couldn't go without it in the cold weather.

#113 silentevil

silentevil

Most evil man ever!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

It's not the cheapass thing to do but I suggest joining a gym. I pay like $14 every 2 weeks for Bally's and I couldn't go without it in the cold weather.

I joined Youfit $15 a month and a pretty good gym.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#114 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Sadly, I live in the middle of nowhere and my only option for a gym is a 40 minute drive away and costs $50 a month plus a $75 sign-up fee. Between the gas to drive there at least three times a week and the high fees, it would be extremely expensive for me. Not to mention the time it would take to go between the driving and a good workout.

I already looked into getting a membership to the gym back when I started and really needed access to a squat rack, but after I figured out how much it would cost me to go to the gym I just built my own instead. I just don't have enough room inside my house to keep my rack/bench inside. I don't even think the rack would fit if I had the room, since I had to build it extra tall for a pull-up bar I could actually hang from. If it weren't for the zoning laws and having to get the proper permits, I probably would have built a small shed to use as a weight room by now. So I'm basically stuck with outside weights and no other options.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#115 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

That homemade rack is awesome. I'd be scared that my angles weren't 90 degrees and the entire thing would come crashing down.

You need to move! Seriously - who wants to spend their life in the Middle of Nowhere? 40 minutes for the closest gym? I bet there are 100s of gyms within 40 minutes of me and I can't even go east for 40 minutes or I'd be in the ocean.

#116 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Anyone got any good (and quick) ab exercises? Something I can power through in 10 minutes or so. I do crunches, side crunches, leg lifts and then upright leg lifts using a machine at the gym. I'm looking to switch it up a little. The top muscles are pretty much there and now I'm starting to see the line on both sides of my abs but I need to hit the bottom middle area - there is still some nasty fat showing there so I know I need to continue to run and watch what I eat but I'd really like to speed things up, if possible.

#117 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

That homemade rack is awesome. I'd be scared that my angles weren't 90 degrees and the entire thing would come crashing down.

I just followed the plans on that site, it really wasn't too difficult but drilling all the holes was the biggest pain in the ass. Measure twice, cut once :).

It's much sturdier than you would probably think with it being made out of wood. The heaviest I've had it loaded up to so far was 340 lbs. for standing calf raises. Once I get some more plates, I'll be able to test it with more weight.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#118 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

Anyone got any good (and quick) ab exercises? Something I can power through in 10 minutes or so. I do crunches, side crunches, leg lifts and then upright leg lifts using a machine at the gym. I'm looking to switch it up a little. The top muscles are pretty much there and now I'm starting to see the line on both sides of my abs but I need to hit the bottom middle area - there is still some nasty fat showing there so I know I need to continue to run and watch what I eat but I'd really like to speed things up, if possible.

You're doing plenty already. You could do exercises that work the total core (like deadlifts) but honestly, getting ripped abs has far more to do with BF% then your ab routine.

#119 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

You're doing plenty already. You could do exercises that work the total core (like deadlifts) but honestly, getting ripped abs has far more to do with BF% then your ab routine.

Sad but true. I'll just keep on keeping on. Ugh.

EDIT: Also, I had my weekly weigh-in this morning. I lost 0.2 lbs. for the week bringing me down to 189.0. I'm actually pretty happy with this all things considered. Last Friday I closed a major deal I had been working on around the clock so when I got home Friday night we ordered Chinese food which we do like once a year. I ate leftovers all weekend. Monday was Halloween - trick-or-treating was bad. I probably had 7 or 8 pieces of candy when I was out with the kids. Tuesday and Thursday of this week I had closing dinners to go to (mmmm.... Morton's) so that was bad (but the steak was good). I didn't miss any exercise sessions and I was eating well during the day all week though so I was happy just to keep my weight around even. Oh my God I've turned into a chick.

Edited by Javery, 04 November 2011 - 01:26 PM.

#120 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

EDIT: Also, I had my weekly weigh-in this morning. I lost 0.2 lbs. for the week bringing me down to 189.0. I'm actually pretty happy with this all things considered. Last Friday I closed a major deal I had been working on around the clock so when I got home Friday night we ordered Chinese food which we do like once a year. I ate leftovers all weekend. Monday was Halloween - trick-or-treating was bad. I probably had 7 or 8 pieces of candy when I was out with the kids. Tuesday and Thursday of this week I had closing dinners to go to (mmmm.... Morton's) so that was bad (but the steak was good). I didn't miss any exercise sessions and I was eating well during the day all week though so I was happy just to keep my weight around even. Oh my God I've turned into a chick.

Yeah, this past week was bad for me too. With Halloween and going out to eat a couple of nights, I'm back up to 197.4. It's less than a pound though, so I should be able to get back on track.

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif