Photo
- - - - -

CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1691 replies to this topic

#1231 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

we could do nfl.com or yahoo, I'm familiar with either one.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1232 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

While I love football and it sounds like it would be fun, I don't have time between now and the start of the season for a draft, unfortunately. Have fun!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1233 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

Pulled 270 x5 on deadlifts today. 315 will be here before I know it.

#1234 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

holy god almond butter

#1235 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Weighed in, I'm at 171.4 now.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#1236 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

10 hours of busting up a foot thick concrete porch with a sledge and jackhammer today. holy workout batman. i'll be weighing in to see my fake weightloss today lol.

#1237 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

Damn - 170 is the dream but I'm still a long ways off (~15lbs give or take). I think my no weights tons of cardio is working though. Weigh-in is Friday so we will see...

#1238 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Ran 11 miles today in 1 hour 44 minutes. Maintained 8:30 pace for the first 6 miles but then started getting into some steep hills and it killed my speed. Definitely put my 3 liter camelback to use today, but it made my traps pretty sore for a for a while.

I don't get how distance/marathon runners do it. I can only run at a sub 7 minute mile pace for 3 or 4 miles and then I'm done. I had to dial it way back for the 11 miles today. I think I'd pass out if I tried to run a marathon.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1239 kobra90

kobra90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Any of you guys live in or around myrtle beach? Looking for a workout partner

#1240 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

holy god almond butter

Almond butter pancakes are amazing
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#1241 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Damn - 170 is the dream but I'm still a long ways off (~15lbs give or take). I think my no weights tons of cardio is working though. Weigh-in is Friday so we will see...

You worry too much about your weight. Ignore the scale and focus on body composition.

Cardio is great, but you're doing yourself a disservice by skipping the weights.

#1242 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

You worry too much about your weight. Ignore the scale and focus on body composition.

He's right, you know. I can't get below 186, but I'm developing pretty impressive abdominal definition myself. Numbers vs appearances, my friend.
Posted Image

#1243 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Cardio is great, but you're doing yourself a disservice by skipping the weights.

LOL - I know. I also can't stay away from the weights even though I want to. I lifted a bit this morning and I'll probably work in some super-light/high-rep weightlifting most mornings. Gotta keep the tone!

#1244 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

Happy Birthday, Jav!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#1245 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Thanks man! How did you know?

#1246 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

It's on the Fourm Board at the bottom...and one of the mods name dropped in the OTT. :lol:

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#1247 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Happy late birthday Javery. Lifted for the first time in almost two weeks yesterday, man am I feeling it today. Gained a few pounds over that period, I'm at 175 now. Not really too worried about it.

#1248 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Happy belated, Javery.

My birthday was 9/3. I posted a pic of me on my facebook page, as it was my last day of cutting. I'm on a clean bulking cycle now.

Here was 158 pounds (flexed, obviously):
Spoiler

Clean bulk has been going pretty well so far. I'm excited to get stronger again.

#1249 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

Thanks guys.

Rig - your abs look awesome. I would kill for that shit. How did you get all the way down to 158? Are you hungry all the time? Damn. Great job.

#1250 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thanks guys.

Rig - your abs look awesome. I would kill for that shit. How did you get all the way down to 158? Are you hungry all the time? Damn. Great job.

Thanks!

Workouts have stayed very similar for me on both cut/bulk cycles. Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday are lift nights. Monday and Friday (sometimes Saturday morning) I'd go on a 5-8 mile run with my girlfriend. We'd usually run 8:15 or so miles...mainly because she's marathon training and doesn't want to go too fast. (If if run on my own I stay in the 7:00's.)

And nope, no real energy change. On the cut, I was taking 2,005 calories per day. Always breakfast/lunch/dinner, a snack around 10:30 AM and a snack around 3:30-4:00 PM. And a post-workout shake at night (shortly before bed; I workout at night).

The *only* difference I had at 158 when compared to a usual 165-175 weight is that I couldn't lift as much weight/pound out as many heavy reps.

Starting my bulk at 2,300 calories. Changing the cardio to more HIIT. I'm thinking MWF for maybe 25 minutes or so on those days. I'm likely going to have to increase cals even further before I start putting on weight; this one is gonna be clean and very slow though.

#1251 piche666

piche666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

i would have won... 2 years ago i lost about 30 kg in 6 months! and i stayed at that weight until now !

eBay FeedBack: eBay Link
MercadoLibre FeedBack: Link
Users i have bought games to: Heavyd814life - Topaz - bastiartadi - cobolatrix - jimjones - harleymandvdson - Jokerkun890 - evilboi, etc...

#1252 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Starting Weight: 300lbs (January)
Current Weight: 220lbs
Total lost: 80lbs!!!

This morning I weighed in at 220lbs. I started at 300lbs in January and with 80 lost I have not hit my 2nd milestone. I am going to push to get down to 200lbs next and see how I feel from there. 200lbs with some tone is my goal I think. What's been cool is that anytime I meet new people in the past there has always been someone who decides to call be Big Jake. I don't get that nickname anymore. In fact at work there is a different Big Jake now. :D

My camera in my cellphone broke and I lost the charger for my Canon. I will share progress though when I get a chance to take a picture for ya guys. I owe a lot to this thread and the advice I have seen in here. You guys are the best.

#1253 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Dang nice job man! Can't wait to see the progress pics, they always make losing weight that much better :)

Rig, I know the exact feeling of losing strength when you start to lose weight. I used to hate it, now I embrace it as just one more transformation I've made.

#1254 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Eff yeah Habbler! You can get to 200 - just keep chipping away at it a little at a time. Slow and steady wins the race. Awesome job man.

#1255 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

This morning I weighed in at 220lbs. I started at 300lbs in January and with 80 lost I have not hit my 2nd milestone. I am going to push to get down to 200lbs next and see how I feel from there. 200lbs with some tone is my goal I think. What's been cool is that anytime I meet new people in the past there has always been someone who decides to call be Big Jake. I don't get that nickname anymore. In fact at work there is a different Big Jake now. :D

My camera in my cellphone broke and I lost the charger for my Canon. I will share progress though when I get a chance to take a picture for ya guys. I owe a lot to this thread and the advice I have seen in here. You guys are the best.

I hope you don't mind my asking but how did you lose so much? I've been able to drop some weight since I started looking here but my husband doesn't seem to have any luck losing. He's got a desk job and can usually keep under 1500 calories a day but doesn't get a lot of exercise. He wants to drop about 50lbs.

Thanks for any suggestion or advice.

#1256 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

That's awesome! I love to read the stories like this! Keep up the good work!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#1257 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

I hope you don't mind my asking but how did you lose so much? I've been able to drop some weight since I started looking here but my husband doesn't seem to have any luck losing. He's got a desk job and can usually keep under 1500 calories a day but doesn't get a lot of exercise. He wants to drop about 50lbs.

Thanks for any suggestion or advice.

Your husband needs to exercise. It is so important not just for losing weight but for living a healthy lifestyle in general. He will feel better, look better and is likely to live longer - it's not easy but he's got to just make time for it.

#1258 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

I've moved back to a 5x5 and things are going well. As a result I've been eating more, so I'm bound to put on some fat too but I want the strength gains. I'm eating clean to minimize that.

After about 6 months I'm going to try lean gains.

#1259 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Your husband needs to exercise. It is so important not just for losing weight but for living a healthy lifestyle in general. He will feel better, look better and is likely to live longer - it's not easy but he's got to just make time for it.

Any ideas on how to convince him to exercise? He really hates it and I feel like I'm just nagging at this point. I used to be able to get him to go out for walks but lately with the thick humid air of NJ he is no longer willing to go. Plus when I do get him to exercise he overdoes it. He'll pick up weights that I know are too heavy and just ends up getting hurt. :-(

#1260 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

Do a routine you both find fun. My fiancé and I do a powerlifting routine. Maybe you can take classes together? Hike? Bike?

seanr1221.png