CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1681 replies to this topic

#1621 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

First Men's Physique show is this Saturday! Not nervous (yet). I'll definitely post up a pic or two.

Haven't weighed in this week, because I've been super low-carb. The numbers would likely look silly.

Carb up begins tomorrow! BRING ON CARBS! :)

#1622 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

First Men's Physique show is this Saturday! Not nervous (yet). I'll definitely post up a pic or two.

Haven't weighed in this week, because I've been super low-carb. The numbers would likely look silly.

Goodluck buddy :D

#1623 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

Haven't posted in a long time.

I had a herniated disk that I'm still nursing back to normal. It was caused by overtraining. I was doing heavy Deads and high rep Deads one day, heavy squats and high rep squats another. I was also introducing power cleans on my Deads day and high rep pendlay rows on my bench day.

Needless to say, waaaaay too much volume and I injured myself. Spent a month in physical therapy and now I just have light back discomfort instead of shooting lower back pain that traveled into my leg and made my toes numb.

Unfortunately I can only dead and squat 50% of what I used to but I'm slowly working back up.

Here's a progress picture update.

Left is from the start of this thread at 175lbs right is today at 205 pounds

C54E577A-8FC3-4B69-9604-58706348C1F0-334

Bring up dem delts and you'll be an official beefcake. How much were you limited in shoulder work because of the herniated disc?

Anywho, for my own stuffs, I was down to about 205 in early August. Added an extra meal (usually chicken and a sweet potato or something similar), back up to 220. Think I'll just keep eating clean and let my weight do what it's going to do. If my ankle ever heals I'll start playing basketball again and probably end up dropping 10 or so pounds. If it doesn't heal, I'll start riding a bike or something.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#1624 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

I've been hovering in the 170-175lb area for a while now.

I got this nasty looking bruise on my forearm this week. Don't recall slamming it against anything though. I'm Wondering if I blew up a vessel when doing curls the day before or something like that. ..

#1625 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Best of luck!

Bring up dem delts and you'll be an official beefcake. How much were you limited in shoulder work because of the herniated disc?

Anywho, for my own stuffs, I was down to about 205 in early August. Added an extra meal (usually chicken and a sweet potato or something similar), back up to 220. Think I'll just keep eating clean and let my weight do what it's going to do. If my ankle ever heals I'll start playing basketball again and probably end up dropping 10 or so pounds. If it doesn't heal, I'll start riding a bike or something.

My strict ohp dropped pretty badly because I couldn't stabilize my back on the lift. I also had a hard time doing any seated shoulder work :/

Just a couple days ago I squatted 225. Should be deadlifting 275 in a couple weeks. Not bad considering I couldn't squat the barbell without pain 6 months ago.

Small steps :)

seanr1221.png

#1626 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

You ever try zercher squats?

So here's my story I was a fat fucking pig until last year when I saw myself on a scale in shock I did something about it and in a year and almost 6 months time i've managed to lose 150 lbs legit without lapband or steroids. I'm also able to run a mile in under 8 mins not bad considering I'm 230 and plan to be >220 by the end of december

Thank you.

#1627 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Did not place as high as I would have hoped at the show.

It's time to slow/clean bulk.  My long-term goal:  200 pounds.  (That's with a low bodyfat, not something like 10+%.)

Here's a few pics from the night before the show, and some at the show. 

I'm a pale white guy everyday; it was awesome seeing muslces with a tan!  (I bake in the sun!  :/ )

Spoiler

#1628 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

Did not place as high as I would have hoped at the show.

It's time to slow/clean bulk.  My long-term goal:  200 pounds.  (That's with a low bodyfat, not something like 10+%.)

Here's a few pics from the night before the show, and some at the show. 

I'm a pale white guy everyday; it was awesome seeing muslces with a tan!  (I bake in the sun!  :/ )

Spoiler

Think 5 pounds a year, and you'll be stacked in 7 years. You about 5'11"?

#1629 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

I'm 5'10".

#1630 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

You'd be a monster at 200 pounds and being stage lean. What's the time frame you're looking at? 10 years?

#1631 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

I'm just dropping in again.

I had a visit with a nurse at my gym in July. My bf% was 11% then and I was 138 then. Just the other day I weighed in at 135, I lost 5 pounds of fat but gained 3 pounds of muscle. Must be the squats since I'm up to 260. Nurse measured my BF% at 7.5%. I really don't feel like this is is right because although I can see all rows of my abs they are still somewhat obscured. I mean they're not prominent like rigs. Heh. I'm also overhydrated so iv. Been trying to drop some water weight too.

Either my abs are underdeveloped or the BF % I was given was off. Which I can definitely see. I mean I can still pinch a very small amount on my mid section. Pics soon

#1632 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Obnoxious happenings in the gym today. Sunday's my leg day, and it's typically empty mid day (everyone's watching football or at church). Not today. Huge ass steroid monkeys (5'10", 220ish lean guys) were all lined up on the leg press machines, pushing bitch weight, taking their time between sets, and sitting on the equipment while resting.

Seriously, if I were working out a small-framed girl and she was doing the weight they were doing, I'd tell her to call me when she's serious about working out and leave. I bench more than these morons were leg pressing. I'm 6'4" with long legs, and I rep a set of 10 at 700 pounds on leg press as my last set.

I'm still raging over it.

#1633 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

Everyone else get blitzed today, to prime our bodies for feasting tomorrow?

#1634 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

Yeah I'm fully prepared to see my weight go up 5  lbs

#1635 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

Everyone else get blitzed today, to prime our bodies for feasting tomorrow?

I lifted. Hit a new PR on the back squat (low-bar) at 235lbs, preceded by triples at 230. Still baby weights, but it felt good all the same.

Nailed a single at 195 on my front squat a couple days before, which was awesome (200 is soooo close).

Lifting today as well, though I'm not adding weight to anything other than my bench, which I had to deload recently.

I'm considering switching to Wendler's 5/3/1 for a while (at least six cycles) since things are getting pretty tough. I've been doing my own thing for a long time, focused on heavy triples. I'm thinking something more structured might help me go farther. Anyone here have experience with it?

#1636 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

I lifted. Hit a new PR on the back squat (low-bar) at 235lbs, preceded by triples at 230. Still baby weights, but it felt good all the same.

Nailed a single at 195 on my front squat a couple days before, which was awesome (200 is soooo close).

Lifting today as well, though I'm not adding weight to anything other than my bench, which I had to deload recently.

I'm considering switching to Wendler's 5/3/1 for a while (at least six cycles) since things are getting pretty tough. I've been doing my own thing for a long time, focused on heavy triples. I'm thinking something more structured might help me go farther. Anyone here have experience with it?

I'm a huge fan of 5/3/1. It's really helped my bench. The important part is having the right program to compliment 5/3/1.

What is your height/weight and 1rm on the big 4 lifts besides squats?

I can also send you the PDF if you want.

seanr1221.png

#1637 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

I'm just dropping in again.

I had a visit with a nurse at my gym in July. My bf% was 11% then and I was 138 then. Just the other day I weighed in at 135, I lost 5 pounds of fat but gained 3 pounds of muscle. Must be the squats since I'm up to 260. Nurse measured my BF% at 7.5%. I really don't feel like this is is right because although I can see all rows of my abs they are still somewhat obscured. I mean they're not prominent like rigs. Heh. I'm also overhydrated so iv. Been trying to drop some water weight too.

Either my abs are underdeveloped or the BF % I was given was off. Which I can definitely see. I mean I can still pinch a very small amount on my mid section. Pics soon

How is she measuring your bodyfat?  Calipers?  While they can be accurate, more often than not, they are inaccurate.

If you have access to a DEXA or Bod Pod (or Hydrostatic Weighing), that'd give you a more accurate %.

Ab prominence can also be determined by how dry you are.  If I really carb up and the water is not high, I spill over my abs for sure (carb bloat).

#1638 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm a huge fan of 5/3/1. It's really helped my bench. The important part is having the right program to compliment 5/3/1.

What is your height/weight and 1rm on the big 4 lifts besides squats?

I can also send you the PDF if you want.

The best I can give you are estimates based on what www.strstd.com tells me, which I also use to calculate the weights for the 5/3/1 sets.

6'1" ~190lbs (bodyfat a bit on the high side since I've been bulking for a while, though no idea the %)

Squat 250

Bench 180

OHP 120

No deadlift unfortunately, since I work out in an apartment and I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't like a heavy barbell hitting the floor repeatedly (or worse still, my grip slipping and simply dropping it). The hamstrings still get plenty of work though with heavy RDLs and nordic curls.

I'm currently doing Wendler's 3-day beginner's variation with some assistance mixed in (pull-ups, rows, dips, and front squats). According to Strength Standards I'm still a novice, so I figured the additional bench and squat exposure would do me good (and I love squats).

Just finished my first week and it went really well. Love going all out on those last sets, and I can't wait for the next workout.

#1639 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

How is she measuring your bodyfat? Calipers? While they can be accurate, more often than not, they are inaccurate.
If you have access to a DEXA or Bod Pod (or Hydrostatic Weighing), that'd give you a more accurate %.

Ab prominence can also be determined by how dry you are. If I really carb up and the water is not high, I spill over my abs for sure (carb bloat).

She was using a wand looking thing attached to a small machine and just running it through my arm. I believe it's either I or biometric impedience type of test. I know these tests aren't super accurate but I didn't think they were generally that off

#1640 SIUfan

SIUfan

Amber Lamps, get dem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

I'm new to this thread so I'm not sure what new members post, but I have lost 41 pounds so far.  I weighed 336 last summer (the most I've ever weighed), now I weigh 295 and am addicted to being healthy.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Tradelist

I don't think its a problem with the battery because the lights and radio come on. .

#1641 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

I'm new to this thread so I'm not sure what new members post, but I have lost 41 pounds so far.  I weighed 336 last summer (the most I've ever weighed), now I weigh 295 and am addicted to being healthy.

Nice work dude, and welcome to the thread! I think most of us here can relate to being addicted to being healthy, which certainly an addiction worth having ^_^

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#1642 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Awesome!  Keep at it, and, keep checking in here!

#1643 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

So what are the thoughts on creatine? Ordered BSNs Cell Mass yesterday and kind of wanted some peoples opinion

#1644 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

As far as I can see it should be pretty good, haven't used it myself but I might try it when my mono creatine runs out

#1645 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

I use creatine daily. It's one of the most researched supplements you can buy.

#1646 Brady_The

Brady_The

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Guess I gonna use the new year to start another attempt to lose weight (no illusionary New Year's resolutions, some real shit.) (2)

#1647 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

Damn I'm getting old. I took a month off from running and I'm paying for it now. So sore. I'm also going to do another (modified) round of Insanity for the next 2 months to try and jump start things. I've been slipping over the last 12 months. It is getting tougher and tougher to get up in the morning though.

#1648 zman73

zman73

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

well, with one of our family cars out of commission, I have been having to carpool with the wife to and from work... which has kept me from the gym and other workouts more than I would like, because honestly, when I get home, I want to rest, not get back out and drive out of the way to the gym, but early part of the year the gym is slam packed with all the damn new years resolution members that NEVER last... pretty sad.. when you have to use an excuse like the new years to get your ass up and do something, you are destined for failure. I myself saw myself get to a higher weight I had ever been, and was embarrassed at how I looked at the water parks last summer, it started soon after... I was around 185 but have always liked to run, but the extra weight put stress on my joints and heels

Fast forward to the new year, I still eat things I want to, cut down a lot on sweetened drinks as I drink water mostly. I was around 158 this morning, which is a good weight for me to run in, I fit easily into my size 30 jeans again and all at the age of 40. I am also much more religious in trying to keep track of how much I eat through my fitbit force app on my phone

Been doing nice long sunday runs every week, generally between 8-11 miles. I generally am wearing an extra 5-7 lbs just in gear when I step out

"...and I was so anxious to get out of bed I stepped on her face"
from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Coming to you from the home of Mardi Gras... Mobile Alabama
http://mardigras.new...m/history.shtml

http://gulfcoastrunn...ace=mcm&yr=2008
November 29 2008... my first marathon... 26.2 miles of hell

#1649 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

I'm going to start doing curls again so it'll be easier to carry around a new partner in crime. Just need to find a good lower back exercise to help with a front carrier.

Any tips from the CAG fitgroup dads?
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#1650 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

I'm going to start doing curls again so it'll be easier to carry around a new partner in crime. Just need to find a good lower back exercise to help with a front carrier.

Any tips from the CAG fitgroup dads?

Deadlifts. Just make sure you have good form or you'll mess your back up.