Amazon PCDD - $5 DRM Free Ubisoft Games+BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6736 replies to this topic

#31 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

Do you plan to make any notations if a title can be activated on Steam?

I'm a noob with Steam. What does activating do?

#32 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:24 AM

I'm a noob with Steam. What does activating do?

It puts the game in your Steam library and permanently ties it with your Steam account. It makes it as though you purchased it on that platform.

#33 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:28 AM

Yeah, I honestly think that game is a sleeper title. I'm going to fire it up tonight and check it out, but it looks interesting.

Have you started playing yet? What do you think?

I played Sacred 1: Gold a while back - yeah, it's good.

But, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is awesome.
Just make sure if you play that, that it's all patched-up.

I wish Sacred 2: Ice & Blood [expansion] got a USA release, but CDV [US Sacred 2 publishing right owners] and Deep Silver [Sacred series IP owner + owned International publishing rights of Sacred 2 series] never came to an agreement to get it released here, since they blocked USA version of FA from working w/ International version of I&B.
Same goes for Sacred 2: Gold [Sacred 2: FA + Ice & Blood], as well - it never got a USA release.
You'd have to Import it, if you could find it.

#34 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

It puts the game in your Steam library and permanently ties it with your Steam account. It makes it as though you purchased it on that platform.

Oh cool. Thanks for telling me. :D

#35 chsty

chsty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Crap... Looks like I missed out on the 2.50 Magica. Was it stated that it was a one day only deal and I missed it?

#36 fyrtoes

fyrtoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yesterday 10Am: wth is this Disciples II? Its an isometric RPG? I could give it a shot for 1.99. How bad could it be

Today 3AM: I HAVE TO RECRUIT MULTIPLE DISPOSABLE LEADERS IN A ROW IN ORDER TO PLOW THE MOVING PARTY AND THE DEFENSIVE PARTY OF THAT LAST CITY. GOOD THING I HAVE 9999 GOLD.

Disciples II is amazing and addictive. Reminds me a lot of civilization 3, and galactic civilization 1 & 2

#37 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yesterday 10Am: wth is this Disciples II? Its an isometric RPG? I could give it a shot for 1.99. How bad could it be

Today 3AM: I HAVE TO RECRUIT MULTIPLE DISPOSABLE LEADERS IN A ROW IN ORDER TO PLOW THE MOVING PARTY AND THE DEFENSIVE PARTY OF THAT LAST CITY. GOOD THING I HAVE 9999 GOLD.

Disciples II is amazing and addictive. Reminds me a lot of civilization 3, and galactic civilization 1 & 2

Glad you are loving it :) this community helped build the deal!

#38 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Added Sengoku to the list of new releases for 20% off

#39 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

According to the reviews for disciples II, The software that downloads from amazon is not the entire gold edition. Is this true? or is it fixed yet?

So this question was just ignored? I was wondering the same thing, hesitating because of it.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#40 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

So this question was just ignored? I was wondering the same thing, hesitating because of it.

My apologies, the question was not ignored, I assumed that the endorsement from your fellow CAG above was good.

I just ran down the answer with our QA group, we just downloaded the game and here is the answer:

When you download the game you'll get:

1. The Base Game
2. Dark Prophecy - which is packaged to include the content (read expansions) listed on the page.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if there is still confusion.

Cheers,
Tony

#41 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

My apologies, the question was not ignored, I assumed that the endorsement from your fellow CAG above was good.

I just ran down the answer with our QA group, we just downloaded the game and here is the answer:

When you download the game you'll get:

1. The Base Game
2. Dark Prophecy - which is packaged to include the content (read expansions) listed on the page.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if there is still confusion.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry if that came of as me being an ass, didn't mean it that way at all. I seen that post, but it didn't necessarily address the issue of whether the pack included the expansions that were supposed to be included. His post was an endorsement that the game worked, but not necessarily that it included the proper expansions. Sorry for coming off in a negative way, and thank you for clearing that up. Sold! :D

One more question, if you will. All of these games being offered, have you (not necessarily you personally) checked the downloads to ensure that they are all working properly? Also, these downloads will be available forever right?

#42 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:02 AM

Sorry if that came of as me being an ass, didn't mean it that way at all. I seen that post, but it didn't necessarily address the issue of whether the pack included the expansions that were supposed to be included. His post was an endorsement that the game worked, but not necessarily that it included the proper expansions. Sorry for coming off in a negative way, and thank you for clearing that up. Sold! :D

One more question, if you will. All of these games being offered, have you (not necessarily you personally) checked the downloads to ensure that they are all working properly? Also, these downloads will be available forever right?

Sorry for the brevity, responding from my mobile. Our QA team tests all games to make sure the content described is there and your downloads can be accessed at any time from your digital locker.

#43 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

Sorry for the brevity, responding from my mobile. Our QA team tests all games to make sure thecontent descrtal lockeribed is there and yourdownloads can be accessed at any time from your digital locker.

Despite the gibberish, which isn't a problem =], I appreciate you answering my questions, gonna go ahead and grab Jagged Alliance 2, Sacred Gold, and Disciples II Gold. Thanks again, it's really a great feeling to have an Amazon representative here that's as down-to-earth as you are. Responding from your phone, and even stating it! This is what I like to see, a company that isn't afraid to linger among the common folk as one of our own. =] Keep it up! :D

#44 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:22 AM

i just bought dead island its downloading now hopefully its good

#45 RColaUAB

RColaUAB

CAG-tastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

Is there any chance of the DOTW getting extended? I would love to pick up Dead Island but I really want to use my $20 Gears of War 3 coupon to bring the price down a little further.

Also, (like most people) I think its great that there is an Amazon downloads rep on CAG now. I spend a few grand at Amazon every year and I plan to start throwing some more money their way if these deals keep coming.
19291.png

#46 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

Is there any chance of the DOTW getting extended? I would love to pick up Dead Island but I really want to use my $20 Gears of War 3 coupon to bring the price down a little further.

Also, (like most people) I think its great that there is an Amazon downloads rep on CAG now. I spend a few grand at Amazon every year and I plan to start throwing some more money their way if these deals keep coming.

Glad the community here is as excited to have me as I am to be here. Dead Island isnt't a deal of the week. We regularly discount many new releases by 20%. You can see what titles this applies to here:

www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=bt_atcg_mine_mm?ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&docId=1000718431&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TRCMWR4H9XXPJFNKYFN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1317604222&pf_rd_i=979455011

We haven't announced when we will change the price on any of these titles yet so I would just check back when you are ready to pull the trigger on DI.

Cheers,
Tony

#47 RColaUAB

RColaUAB

CAG-tastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Glad the community here is as excited to have me as I am to be here. Dead Island isnt't a deal of the week. We regularly discount many new releases by 20%. You can see what titles this applies to here:

www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=bt_atcg_mine_mm?ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&docId=1000718431&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TRCMWR4H9XXPJFNKYFN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1317604222&pf_rd_i=979455011

We haven't announced when we will change the price on any of these titles yet so I would just check back when you are ready to pull the trigger on DI.

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome- Thanks for the late night response.
19291.png

#48 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

Awesome- Thanks for the late night response.

You're welcome :) awesome avatar by the way. My brother and I had epic fights over who got to use Yoshi in MarioKart 64.

#49 solaris389

solaris389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

F1 2011 comes out in a couple of days, any chance of seeing it added to the 20% off list? Just going to go ahead and buy it on Steam tomorrow, if we don't hear anything.

Doesn't look like this one is even getting a disc release on PC, so you aren't competing with the Amazon retail side if you announce something.

#50 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

Updated with new Deal of the Week: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $7.99 (60% off)

#51 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

Amazing price. Thanks.

#52 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

F1 2011 comes out in a couple of days, any chance of seeing it added to the 20% off list? Just going to go ahead and buy it on Steam tomorrow, if we don't hear anything.

Doesn't look like this one is even getting a disc release on PC, so you aren't competing with the Amazon retail side if you announce something.

Sorry, I was out of town this weekend, and although I was checking and trying to respond to the community here in a timely fashion, I must have missed this. It sounds like you likely already made a purchase though. If you did, I hope you're enjoying the game!

Funny that you were asking about a racing game in a thread that was about to be updated with a deal for a different racing game.

Cheers,
Tony

#53 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:29 AM

Amazing price. Thanks.

Glad you're excited about it :) We were excited to bring it to you!

I'm kicking around the idea of starting a "here's how I'm enjoying the games I got on sale" thread in general discussion, I'll let you know if I do.

Cheers,
Tony

#54 solaris389

solaris389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:32 AM

Sorry, I was out of town this weekend, and although I was checking and trying to respond to the community here in a timely fashion, I must have missed this. It sounds like you likely already made a purchase though. If you did, I hope you're enjoying the game!

Funny that you were asking about a racing game in a thread that was about to be updated with a deal for a different racing game.

Cheers,
Tony

I didn't purchase it yet, I was giving you a chance to answer. I still didn't really get one, so I'll take it as a no.

Great price on Test Drive Unlimited 2. Going to buy a second copy of that one for my daughter's gaming pc. She's 10, and did the entire build herself (with supervision of course).
Only trust people who like big butts, for they cannot lie.

#55 solaris389

solaris389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

A very good choice, this was a somewhat under loved game when it released. My little girl has loved it all along, and I have enjoyed tooling around the city on it as well.

#56 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

I didn't purchase it yet, I was giving you a chance to answer. I still didn't really get one, so I'll take it as a no.

Great price on Test Drive Unlimited 2. Going to buy a second copy of that one for my daughter's gaming pc. She's 10, and did the entire build herself (with supervision of course).

Your 10 year old daughter built her own Gaming PC? I don't think I started on any hardware work until middle school...and even then with heavy supervision. That's impressive.

Sorry for the lack of an answer. To be more direct, I checked our release calendar and it doesn't look like we'll be carrying F1 2011 at launch.

Glad to hear you'll be picking up TDU2, and I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to respond. Hopefully next time it will be with "Yes, we have that game, and here's the awesome price we are selling it for"

Cheers,
Tony

#57 solaris389

solaris389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:41 AM

Your 10 year old daughter built her own Gaming PC? I don't think I started on any hardware work until middle school...and even then with heavy supervision. That's impressive.

Sorry for the lack of an answer. To be more direct, I checked our release calendar and it doesn't look like we'll be carrying F1 2011 at launch.

Glad to hear you'll be picking up TDU2, and I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to respond. Hopefully next time it will be with "Yes, we have that game, and here's the awesome price we are selling it for"

Cheers,
Tony

I appreciate the response. Still got me in under the pre-order window, $5 off at Steam is better than full price.

She did in fact build it herself, starting from just the bare components. We used the newer AMD chipset with crossfire across the cpu/video card, and one of those smallish cases. I didn't want to destroy expensive components if we had an accident or two. ;)

#58 immanewb

immanewb

i haz custom?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

Only one game this week? You guys are slacking here. :booty:

Just kidding, of course. ;) I'm not much of a racing fan, so I will have to pass this week. I'm still saving up as much Amazon gift card monetary as I can to apply towards my Guild Wars 2 pre-order (saving a whole 5% at the moment! :lol:). And I'm sure you might not know at the moment, buttttt.. you wouldn't happen to know if GW2 will be one of those "20% New Release" down the road, would ya? :lol::lol::lol:

And I agree with a lot of others above: it's definitely great to have a representative from Amazon hanging around here (and quite frequently, at that!). Perhaps that second place you guys got last year in the Customer's Choice Award was well-earned. :) Surely you guys will claim first place this year, yeah? ;)

#59 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Gotta give Amazon (aka you guys, if you're reading it) credit: darn good deal this week. Thanks for mentioning the Steam compatibility right next to it too. Guess I'll be picking it up, especially since I have Amazon credit anyway.

#60 unclenebber

unclenebber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

TDU2 is an awesome game. I look at it as a less arcade and more detailed version of Burnout Paradise. Buy it if that intrigues you.