Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD - $5 DRM Free Ubisoft Games+BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6736 replies to this topic

#6661 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

The Haunted: Hell's Reach is a bit of a guilty pleasure, though I'd strongly recommend reading the control info before you start and get overwhelmed.

I'd also not recommend anything Medium or above your 1st time through unless you want to die. You might also want to consider looking at a youtube video of the boss if you're serious about beating it.

I personally like to use Jacob and hear all the stuff he shouts out as I'm killing everyone.

#6662 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

The Haunted: Hell's Reach is a bit of a guilty pleasure, though I'd strongly recommend reading the control info before you start and get overwhelmed.

I'd also not recommend anything Medium or above your 1st time through unless you want to die. You might also want to consider looking at a youtube video of the boss if you're serious about beating it.

I personally like to use Jacob and hear all the stuff he shouts out as I'm killing everyone.

It also activates on steam.

For those on the fence, here's a nice short video showing gameplay.
http://www.moddb.com...ls-reach/videos

#6663 RyonanGT

RyonanGT

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

BF3 for $29.99. Check it out.

I hope Kingdoms of Amalur price at USD30 soon... :P

#6664 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

KoA going down to $30 would be awesome!

On another note, I ran into an issue patching The Settlers: Rise of an Empire which a moderator from Ubisoft's forums seems to have solved.

Instead of using the Update launcher, I grabbed the 1.71 patch and deleted the s6patch.ini file before running it.

#6665 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

Dungeon defenders is ALWAYS on sale LOL

I haven't played it since they made nightmare mode impossible and tabbed the user base as their in-game police force. It gets old having 12 year olds cry that you are a hacker because you worked your butt off to find a 240 upgrade set of gear on Misty NM Surv and your tower attack and speed are both 1300-ish.

Then they report you to Trendy and on and on it goes.

Such a great game with an absolutely horrible user base. About like Left 4 Dead 2 these days.

#6666 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

KoA going down to $30 would be awesome!

On another note, I ran into an issue patching The Settlers: Rise of an Empire which a moderator from Ubisoft's forums seems to have solved.

Instead of using the Update launcher, I grabbed the 1.71 patch and deleted the s6patch.ini file before running it.

If you also have the expansion, you will need to delete the s6patch.ini from it's folder as well. If you look at the details running during the patch, it actually hangs after finding an error with the .ini. This is the .ini in the expansion folder. It looks as if it patches fully, but the amount of data that scrolls past after deleting the expansion .ini is obviously much more, also there isn't the error message, and the patch completes successfully. Delete both .ini files,then run the patch again.

How the file structure appears on my Win7 x64:

Program Files X86\Ubisoft\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\base\bin\s6patch.ini
Program Files X86\Ubisoft\THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire\extra1\bin\s6patch.ini

I just did this yesterday.

#6667 kwirl

kwirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Just got confirmation, we'll have Sonic Gen at $7.49, Sonic 4 Episode 1 at $4.99 and that huge grouping of Sega Genesis games at $7.49 very soon. We'll have some other Sega stuff for sale at the same time, I'm just finalizing everything.

Cheers,
Tony

wait - so you mean all 4 bundles for 750? or they are 750 each and thats the sale?

#6668 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

wait - so you mean all 4 bundles for 750? or they are 750 each and thats the sale?

The bundle of all 4 (plus a couple of standalones) is $7.50. So you get 48 games for $7.50.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#6669 icefiresr

icefiresr

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

Yo Tony, some of us mentioned Dead Island. Any news on it? You did not quoted a single one of us on this for a reply.

#6670 ginjaninja88

ginjaninja88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

Back to Karkand DLC is $7.49, as well.

Me, still waiting for price-drops.
TOO many more DLC's planned...

God, I miss the old days of releasing full-blown awesome expansion packs...

BF3 is a fantastic game and to be fair their map packs or more like expansion packs with 4 new maps 10 weapons and variety of vehicles and 10 new assignments which took me a while to complete. The disappointing thing is the next DLC isn't due out til June.
Posted Image

#6671 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Tony ,
you guys, not thinking of doing a promotion for Dead Island?:)

We are, I just don't have a solid date yet :).

Also,

Any Football Manager fans out there? We'll have it on sale for $5.99 starting tomorrow!

Cheers,
Tony

I don't think much has changed in a week w/ regard to dead island.

#6672 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

::anxiously awaits Sonic sale::

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#6673 icefiresr

icefiresr

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I don't think much has changed in a week w/ regard to dead island.

Oh, thanks, I did not saw this reply before.

#6674 Kamakazi010654

Kamakazi010654

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

On a side note, I regret not picking up SWTOR for 50% off last week.

And that Generations price is nice.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#6675 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Anyone know how the online is on Street Fighter 4? $20 is REALLY tempting!

Its not steamable, the single player ranked was good to me. Its gfwl.

#6676 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

It kinda sucks that giftcards are automatically applied and even if you choose a cc as the payment option it reverts to using the giftcard/promo balance. I was saving it for something big and between this and a few mp3 purchases it's been chipping away at it. It only seems to happen with digital purchases and not physical ones, odd.

#6677 Freedom Fries

Freedom Fries

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

THQ is having a 75% off sale. Possible price match?

Link
Posted Image

#6678 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

STEAM has Dungeon Defenders for $7.50
http://store.steampo....com/app/65800/

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#6679 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Link

Oh please, please, please match.

Metro, Frontlines, Homefront, etc. would be awesome for those prices.

#6680 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'd also like a pricematch for the THQ sale. My friend is interested in Darksiders and missed out the last time amazon had it for $5.

#6681 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Link

75% off on DoW 2 Retribution + 75% off on Sonic Generations will dry my wallet! There's also the D&D master collection on GG at 6$!!!

#6682 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yo Tony, some of us mentioned Dead Island. Any news on it? You did not quoted a single one of us on this for a reply.

Link

Oh please, please, please match.

Metro, Frontlines, Homefront, etc. would be awesome for those prices.

I'd also like a pricematch for the THQ sale. My friend is interested in Darksiders and missed out the last time amazon had it for $5.

75% off on DoW 2 Retribution + 75% off on Sonic Generations will dry my wallet! There's also the D&D master collection on GG at 6$!!!

Hey guys, FYI as I've stated before we're in deep conversation around price matching. We're taking a hard look at all cases where the publisher is slashing prices on their own products. This is one that we aren't going to match. To give you insight into how the business works, we still pay the publisher $X for every unit sold...obviously this isn't case with publishers selling their own stuff so it sometimes make it cost prohibitive to match this stuff.

Again, just being 100% transparent here.
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#6683 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hey guys, FYI as I've stated before we're in deep conversation around price matching. We're taking a hard look at all cases where the publisher is slashing prices on their own products. This is one that we aren't going to match. To give you insight into how the business works, we still pay the publisher $X for every unit sold...obviously this isn't case with publishers selling their own stuff so it sometimes make it cost prohibitive to match this stuff.

Again, just being 100% transparent here.

I was talking about THQ DoW2 sale + Amazon Sega Sale + GG D&D sale... ;)

Too many GREAT sales for my wallet!!!

#6684 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

I was talking about THQ DoW2 sale + Amazon Sega Sale + GG D&D sale... ;)

Too many GREAT sales for my wallet!!!

Bah, reading comprehension fail! Sorry about that :(.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#6685 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

FYI Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior (the first one), is now live and part of the promo. Got done testing it late last night and put it up this AM. Also confirmed language support and added to OP for those curious.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony,
I picked up 10 games on the first day of the Ubisoft promo, would like to get GRAW1 also, but now I don't have a good option for the free game. Any chance that you'll include more games before this ends on saturday?
BTW, keep up the good work!

Edited by Garbanzo, 15 March 2012 - 10:01 PM.
pat on the back to Tony

#6686 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

Tony, much appreciated about the transparency. That kind of insight will gain you alot of fans around here. Of course these deals will too. Thanks for the Ubisoft BOGO.

#6687 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

I think the thread is glitching, I can't find the post about Chaos Theory resolution fixes. In the search it goes to the last page no matter what.

#6688 thegreatest

thegreatest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

It seems like it is always showing there is another page of posts when there isn't. Like right now it says "Page 335 of 336" but there is not a page 336. Maybe it IS time for a new thread and I was wrong before lol

#6689 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

It seems like it is always showing there is another page of posts when there isn't. Like right now it says "Page 335 of 336" but there is not a page 336. Maybe it IS time for a new thread and I was wrong before lol

For some reason that bugs the hell out of me.

#6690 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

The thread has been showing an extra page for a while. It glitches whenever the mods delete X amount of posts over time and with the length of the thread I assume that X amount has been reached. It causes issues with the search when it directs you to the wrong page, then you usually have to go back one page to find the post. But my search works fine otherwise.