Amazon PCDD - $5 DRM Free Ubisoft Games+BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6736 replies to this topic

#61 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

Just bought TDU2 via the link in the OP, the serial I'm given in my games library didn't register on Steam: "Invalid Key". What gives? :cry:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#62 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

Gotta give Amazon (aka you guys, if you're reading it) credit: darn good deal this week. Thanks for mentioning the Steam compatibility right next to it too. Guess I'll be picking it up, especially since I have Amazon credit anyway.

Just bought TDU2 via the link in the OP, the serial I'm given in my games library didn't register on Steam: "Invalid Key". What gives? :cry:

Thanks for the feedback and glad you all are enjoying the deal.

I edited the original post and wanted to clarify, this is one of those games that provides you with the serial number and the download that you can then add to your Steam library. Sorry if that was confusing. I'm going to revise my statement there to make sure it is clearer in the future.

Again, sorry about that, and fixed as soon as I noticed it. PM me if there is still an issue please.

Cheers,
Tony

#63 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for the feedback and glad you all are enjoying the deal.

I edited the original post and wanted to clarify, this is one of those games that provides you with the serial number and the download that you can then add to your Steam library. Sorry if that was confusing. I'm going to revise my statement there to make sure it is clearer in the future.

Again, sorry about that, and fixed as soon as I noticed it. PM me if there is still an issue please.

Cheers,
Tony

It isn't a Steam Activation code? So basically, you download the game via Amazon, install it, and then add it as a non-Steam game to your library?

#64 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

It isn't a Steam Activation code? So basically, you download the game via Amazon, install it, and then add it as a non-Steam game to your library?

This is correct.

#65 solaris389

solaris389

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

Even if you had Steam, pretty sure this game does it's own server thing anyway. It auto updates when there is a patch, which there hasn't been one for quite a while. Probably won't be any more.

#66 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

Added an update:

We dropped the price on this an additional 20% so the game is now $3.99 for the rest of this week.

If you purchased the game at the previous price I've got the ball rolling to get you a $4 credit so you don't feel like you missed out by taking advantage of the Deal of the Week early.

As always please reach out with any questions, and feel free to provide any feedback you have around the new offer!

Cheers,
Tony

#67 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

anyone else having problems with Amazon today? any page that requires you to login doesn't seem to want to load

#68 deletion

deletion

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

thanks tony. will be checking this thread quite a bit. again, good to have your sir!

#69 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Wow - now that's a deal!

#70 RColaUAB

RColaUAB

CAG-tastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

At that price I can't resist even though I probably won't play it for more than an hour
19291.png

#71 p5ych0

p5ych0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

This seems like a really good deal (I don't know how the game is, only played the first TDU). I know its got alot of negative things things said about the game but for 3.99 I'll take a chance on a game I'm semi-interested in. I was going to wait for the steam version to go on sale, but at this price point I'll jump on it. Keep up the good deals!

#72 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

At that price I can't resist even though I probably won't play it for more than an hour

This seems like a really good deal (I don't know how the game is, only played the first TDU). I know its got alot of negative things things said about the game but for 3.99 I'll take a chance on a game I'm semi-interested in. I was going to wait for the steam version to go on sale, but at this price point I'll jump on it. Keep up the good deals!

Thanks! Glad you think this is a better deal :). In the interest of getting honest feedback, if you two do try the game, I'd love for you to let me know what you thought.

After playing it, was $3.99 the right price point? And is it more about the actual price or the relative price to the cost of the game?

Cheers,
Tony

#73 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:13 AM

Bump because someone posted this without seeing this. Sorry if it annoys anyone.

#74 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:19 AM

I have to admit that I'm very tempted by this price point as well.

Hope people have good things to say about it. Reviews have been very mixed, to say the least.

#75 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:23 AM

$4?

Sure, I'll bite (even though I suck at all driving games)
Posted Image

If it's not 75% off, or less that $10, I ain't buying it!

#76 argyle

argyle

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

$4?? Sold! :D
Posted Image

#77 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

So just to clarify, as I have never brought a non-Steam game into Steam. If I by this an register with Steam will I be able to get the achievements and use Steam overlay to meet people in game?

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#78 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:32 AM

So just to clarify, as I have never brought a non-Steam game into Steam. If I by this an register with Steam will I be able to get the achievements and use Steam overlay to meet people in game?

No, you will not be able to get the achievements, but you will be able to use the overlay. Not quite sure if it will enable you to meet people in-game. My guess is no, since adding non-Steam games to your library is basically just enabling you to run it via Steam and therefore being able to use the overlay. Otherwise, nothing is added to the game, and you gain no features from Steam besides being able to use the overlay, which doesn't work with the game.

#79 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:42 AM

I already had this game from a 7-11 promotion, but it was a direct download from Atari without a system to redownload and I wiped my hard drive with a Windows install recently. It's easier for me to pay $4 than try to retrieve my back up copy off an external HDD. You've made a sale, Amazon. Keep up the good work.
BTW : It's playable with a 360 controller, thank God.

decker%2001.jpg

#80 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:17 AM

I'm tempted, but does the Amazon version use the same Securom DRM that it sounds like the digital download copies had? Or something else?

I'll buy in a heartbeat (just built a new gaming PC :) ) if it's not going to install Securom but I'll pass if it does.

Amazon: Including info on the DRM involved on your game listings would make me much more comfortable buying-- both this deal, and in general. Right now I don't buy anything PC unless I can confirm what sort of DRM it's using. (and if I don't like it, I usually will just go for a console version)

Edited by Justin42, 22 September 2011 - 06:58 AM.

#81 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

Thanks Tony, couldn't pass it up at this price. I was trying to hold out on finding a deal on Dirt 3 somewhere but this will hold me over until then.

#82 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

I'm tempted, but does the Amazon version use the same Securom DRM that it sounds like the digital download copies had? Or something else?

I'll buy in a heartbeat (just built a new gaming PC :) ) if it's not going to install Securom but I'll pass if it does.

Amazon: Including info on the DRM involved on your game listings would make me much more comfortable buying-- both this deal, and in general. Right now I don't buy anything PC unless I can confirm what sort of DRM it's using. (and if I don't like it, I usually will just go for a console version)

I'm running down the answer to this question right now.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get back to you on this as soon as I have an answer.

Cheers,
Tony

#83 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the update, Tony. One thing I think Amazon.com desperately needs to do with their digital download service is to list the version of a game they're selling. Sometimes I simply avoid buying the digital version because I have no idea how updated the game is. Even a link to the latest patch at the developer's or publisher's site would be a step in the right direction.

#84 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

To be honest I had no interest in tdu2 until now. I wonder if I can run it.

#85 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Sorry if this has been asked, but can you use Amazon credit on these digital downloads?

CBrownsT10.png

#86 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

Sorry if this has been asked, but can you use Amazon credit on these digital downloads?

I don't see why not.
Posted Image

#87 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

I don't see why not.

I think he's probably asking about the Amazon Gaming Credits that were from preorders of games and such, I am not sure that it works with the downloads, it would be good to know.

#88 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

I'm running down the answer to this question right now.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get back to you on this as soon as I have an answer.

Cheers,
Tony

I asked our QA team to test this, here's the answer:

Yes, this game has SecuRom on it, it requires the key and an internet connection to authenticate.

Also we're updating the page to make this clearer.

Can anyone who has purchased comment on the DRM? I haven't gotten any complaints on the boards here so I'm assuming it isn't an issue.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tony

#89 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

I think he's probably asking about the Amazon Gaming Credits that were from preorders of games and such, I am not sure that it works with the downloads, it would be good to know.

The answer to this question is "yes". Promo credit given by Video games should be redeemable against Digital Video Games.

Cheers,
Tony

#90 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

I asked our QA team to test this, here's the answer:

Yes, this game has SecuRom on it, it requires the key and an internet connection to authenticate.

Also we're updating the page to make this clearer.

Can anyone who has purchased comment on the DRM? I haven't gotten any complaints on the boards here so I'm assuming it isn't an issue.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for getting back to me! Sadly it means I have to pass on this game. I'm sure many people have no problems with Securom, but I have no interest in finding out whether or not my computer is one of those that it chooses to really mess with. :/

But my other point stands, type of DRM does strongly influence my purchasing decisions so knowing that up front would be really, really helpful.