Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Game Downloads - Magicka $4.99 (50% off)

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would you pay for Magicka?

How much would you pay for Magicka?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

Just played the demo. It's insanely fun! Picked up a copy. Thanks!

#62 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

In for one- started up the game to try it out, and it looks like it's going to be as fun as I've heard. Thank you for the heads up Tony.

Anybody want to play together? Co-op sounds like it could be fun. Look me up on Steam if you'd like: teknikalei

On a somewhat related note- Anybody play Magic: the Gathering, Duels of the Planeswalkers? It's on sale for $5, with a bunch of DLC (extra decks I guess?) for another $5.

Edited by teknikalei, 15 September 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#63 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:49 AM

I have $10 credit listed under SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES on Amazon. It's the same pop-up window that also shows other credit available like for Kindle and MP3. When I attempt to buy Magicka it doesn't deduct anything. It doesn't appear to work on physical game purchases either. How do I use it then?

Around Christmas they were given out $10 credits with select purchases towards a digital delivery year XBL subscription.

#64 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:49 AM

I got this from Amazon a few weeks ago when it was $5 and it was well worth it. This game has a great sense of humor and once you get the controls down it's a blast.
Spoiler

#65 beeman07

beeman07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:33 PM

Looks like the price is back to $4.99.

Still a deal, though for that price you might as well pick it up directly from Steam and skip the middle man.

#66 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

Was going to ask something about how the game downloads worked for Amazon, but since the price changed nevermind.

#67 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:48 PM

OP should update the thread title to reflect the new price and apologize for getting my hopes up and then smashing my dreams to ribbons...as if I don't already have enough trust issues.

#68 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

Not sure where to post this, so I will here.

As a predominately PC gamer (also play some PS3), it is good to see Amazon taking on Steam et al.

In addition to deals like this, it would be nice to see download deals on complete packs like many have mentioned in this thread.

But what I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see is all of the pre-order credits for 360/PS3 to also apply to PC preorders.

Please make it happen :)

#69 jedik

jedik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:25 PM

But what I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see is all of the pre-order credits for 360/PS3 to also apply to PC preorders.

Please make it happen :)

This!! +1

#70 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

OP should update the thread title to reflect the new price and apologize for getting my hopes up and then smashing my dreams to ribbons...as if I don't already have enough trust issues.

Sorry about that! I just updated the thread to reflect the changes in price. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Tony

#71 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

Sorry about that! I just updated the thread to reflect the changes in price. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Tony

I was just kidding about it being a big deal.

As a suggestion, itd be cool if Amazon could implement the deal timers, similar to those seen on the Golden Deals for limited time offers. People will still miss out, but it may keep the number that do to a minimum.

Also, has Amazon ever done Golden Deals on digital content? From an econ standpoint, itd be a neat experiment to negotiate lower prices on a set number of licenses that would be an even bigger sale than the sale price. In other words, you take something like Magicka and put it on sale for 50%, but then have a set number that are 75%. I think it would generate some buzz and reward those who check your deals frequently.

#72 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

I can't believe this game is as graphics heavy as it is, not to mention I'm only running it in 800 x 600 in window. I heard game hates onboard graphics. I've got a nvidia 9200, bit still has a bit of trouble

#73 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

I can't believe this game is as graphics heavy as it is, not to mention I'm only running it in 800 x 600 in window. I heard game hates onboard graphics. I've got a nvidia 9200, bit still has a bit of trouble

All games hate onboard graphics.

In fact, I'mma just say everything hates onboard graphics.

#74 wageslave

wageslave

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

All games hate onboard graphics.

In fact, I'mma just say everything hates onboard graphics.

My first wintel computer was cool enough to have a discrete graphics card, and one megabyte of video ram. My choices were something like 640 by 480 with 65535 colors, or 800 by 600 with 256 colors (this probably isn't right, but pretty close). But man, when I dropped $320 to upgrade from 8 megs of RAM to 16 megs of RAM it was totally bad ass.
Tier Pargon Pargon Redgormor Pargon Pargon Mantorok

#75 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

I am running a Radeon 4200 myself. I was surprised too as all of my Source engine stuff on Steam runs fine.If you can find your PC's stats online, see what the PSU is, if you have enough power, it may be as simple as a $50 discrete card to see a huge improvement (10-15x the power).

Unfortunately for me, my PSU is only 250W so any GPU upgrade involves an even more expensive PSU upgrade.

#76 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

I am running a Radeon 4200 myself. I was surprised too as all of my Source engine stuff on Steam runs fine.If you can find your PC's stats online, see what the PSU is, if you have enough power, it may be as simple as a $50 discrete card to see a huge improvement (10-15x the power).

Unfortunately for me, my PSU is only 250W so any GPU upgrade involves an even more expensive PSU upgrade.

Yoiks, 250w?? Is it a micro case? If not, I just got a sweet 700w PSU for my rig for $30 at directron.com . It was recommended by the guy who built it for me. The 500w it started with wasn't cutting it.

#77 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

Yoiks, 250w?? Is it a micro case? If not, I just got a sweet 700w PSU for my rig for $30 at directron.com . It was recommended by the guy who built it for me. The 500w it started with wasn't cutting it.

No its a full-size. I was amazed myself. It was the one thing not listed on the box, but given the insides, I assumed it had a matching PSU.

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually have a 550W sitting around from my last computer, but I want something quieter, which means I am waiting for a deal on those modular Corsair HX models that are a bit pricier.