• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 optomechanical

optomechanical

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hi Guys,

I was at the Costco tonight and found a bin of assorted Wii, 360, PS3, and DS games. All of the Wii/DS games were $14.99, and the 360/PS3 games were $24.99. There was a lot of garbage, but there were a few stand outs I noticed, which were GREAT deals. I've listed what I recall below.

Wii - 14.99
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Metroid: Other M
Kirby's Epic Yarn

PS3 - 24.99
Sly Collection
Uncharted 2

360 - 24.99
blur
Thor

Peace.

Edited by optomechanical, 29 September 2011 - 02:01 AM.
added Uncharted 2 & kirby's epic yarn

#2 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

Good deal on the Wii games.

Quick question, if my parents have a Costco card can I use their card at checkout or do they need to bee present when I buy something.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#3 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:34 AM

I might have to go to Costco for like the 2nd time ever to pick up DKC. Thanks OP.

#4 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

Ahh, If someone has a costco near them and are going to pick some of these up, could you pick up an extra Mario Galaxy 2 ill pay you plus shipping of course! I have no costco near me!
Posted Image

#5 Sir Daniel Fortesque

Sir Daniel Fortesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:42 AM

Anyone knows if this is true for all costcos?

#6 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

Must have DKCR

#7 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hi Guys,

Wii - 14.99
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Metroid: Other M

Peace.

You must have meant Galaxy 1, right? That is dirt cheap.

#8 droider

droider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

In for metroid, thanks OP!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

Anyone knows if this is true for all costcos?

Yeah, is this a new nationwide sale/promotion? I was at Costco last week and those particular Wii games definitely were not 14.99. The 14.99 Wii games I saw were basically shovelware

#10 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

I'll check my local store(s) sometime this week. If I can get DKCR, I can take it over to WalMart and get my $25 back.

#11 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

No luck at my Costco seems YMMV.

#12 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

Nothing at the COSTCO in Fort Lauderdale either. Only item on sale was Wii Party for &19.xx.

#13 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

I should be able to call and get an answer right?? The nearest one is a little far, and I don't want to go for nothing.

#14 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

Maybe I'll end up putting my foot in my mouth, but I find this very hard to believe. The few times Costco has clearance bins, it's almost always exclusively filled with third party shovelware.

#15 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

In the OPs defense, this is the time of year that Costco usually puts out its holiday selection of games. In years past, it has been mostly junk and a few gems with lots of DS and Wii shovelware and a coupon that brought the games down to $10 for a few weeks in late October. This may just be a store that put their selection out early. Everyone should give it some time and see if other reports trickle in.

#16 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

I just paid $35 for DKCR, damn! Great price at $35 though.

#17 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

Good deal on the Wii games.

Quick question, if my parents have a Costco card can I use their card at checkout or do they need to bee present when I buy something.

I don't think the cashiers really care or pay attentions. Wasps the harm in trying?

#18 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

I might fly over to Costco and see if I can be part of this sting.
www.bighugenerd.com

#19 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

I'm at Costco right now as I write this on my phone, and turned up nada. I call BS on this. Costco isn't the type of place to have YMMV deals, or put displays out early. $14.99 for Mario Galaxy 2 would be fantastic, but just a fantasy for now.

#20 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

I'm assuming this is Extremely YMMV so I won't be driving to my nearest Costco.
Lakers for Life!

#21 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

I'm at Costco right now as I write this on my phone, and turned up nada. I call BS on this. Costco isn't the type of place to have YMMV deals, or put displays out early. $14.99 for Mario Galaxy 2 would be fantastic, but just a fantasy for now.

Actually, you are wrong on both accounts. Costco frequently has YMMV sales on games as manager's specials when they have a couple of copies left of older titles that didn't move. Similarly, when they had their holiday sales last year, two Costcos near me put their games out almost a month before the other local store I shop at. I shop at Costco twice a week and have been doing so for almost 15 years, so I am very familiar with how it operates. I have no idea if the titles mentioned in the OP are just manager's specials to clear old inventory or part of the holiday bins, but I would repeat my call for people to wait and see how this turns out over the next few weeks instead of calling BS on an OP that appears to be trying to share a deal.

#22 optomechanical

optomechanical

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

My Costco is in anchorage, ak. It was indeed super mario galaxy 2.

I picked up smg2 and dkcr. I haven't even opened them yet, so if anyone really needs to see pics with the 14.99 still in the gray plastic guards I can throw them up on imgur when I get off work.

opto

#23 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

Anyone know of any flight deals to Alaska?

#24 MinatoKun

MinatoKun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

I really want to know if this is true, if it is, I might have to flip SMG2 at Amazon and get a pre-order on the Kindle Fire.....

#25 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

I should be able to call and get an answer right?? The nearest one is a little far, and I don't want to go for nothing.

You can try, but most stores won't give prices over the phone. I suppose it's worth a shot, though.

#26 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

Only game I saw that OP mentioned was Sly Collection for $24.99.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#27 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:07 AM

I didn't see SMG2 or DKCR, but I did see Other M and Kirby Epic Yarn for $15. Kirby had a generic UPC sticker over its barcode and said "Great Value" under the price so it would be hard to locate specifically. But I also saw Blur and Sly Collection at the OP's prices.

#28 natboy

natboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

My Costco is in anchorage, ak. It was indeed super mario galaxy 2.

I picked up smg2 and dkcr. I haven't even opened them yet, so if anyone really needs to see pics with the 14.99 still in the gray plastic guards I can throw them up on imgur when I get off work.

opto

I'll be back in Anchorage on Saturday, which Costco did you go to?

#29 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

I didn't see SMG2 or DKCR, but I did see Other M and Kirby Epic Yarn for $15. Kirby had a generic UPC sticker over its barcode and said "Great Value" under the price so it would be hard to locate specifically. But I also saw Blur and Sly Collection at the OP's prices.

Sounds identical to how the holiday value games were restickered last year. Pretty amazing that Nintendo is actually allowing first party games to be sold at such a steep discount by Costco.

#30 0_0

0_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

SMG2 at that price! If only there were Costco's within 40 miles