Super Mario Galaxy 2 = $14.99; Sly Collection = $24.99 (and others) at Costco

optomechanical

CAGiversary!
Hi Guys,

I was at the Costco tonight and found a bin of assorted Wii, 360, PS3, and DS games. All of the Wii/DS games were $14.99, and the 360/PS3 games were $24.99. There was a lot of garbage, but there were a few stand outs I noticed, which were GREAT deals. I've listed what I recall below.

Wii - 14.99
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Metroid: Other M
Kirby's Epic Yarn

PS3 - 24.99
Sly Collection
Uncharted 2

360 - 24.99
blur
Thor

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spmahn']Costco sells liquor? That's a new one on me, never seen that at the stores here. Maybe it's a west coast thing?[/QUOTE]

Work at a Costco in South Carolina and we have a liquor store here.

And a no go here at the Charleston, SC Costco on the games.

Just got back from Costco and the only game from the OP that was there was Metroid. I was really hoping for Sly Cooper but I guess I can wait for it to go cheaper.

[quote name='spmahn']Costco sells liquor? That's a new one on me, never seen that at the stores here. Maybe it's a west coast thing?[/QUOTE]

No it's not West Coast thing. It depends on the town the Costco is in. I live in Jersey and one Costco sells alcohol while another less than 20 miles away (also in Jersey) does not sell alcohol-- second one could not get liquor license approved from town.

[quote name='KotnmthKng']Orland Park, IL had several copies of Kirby and Metroid for $15, but no Mario or Donkey Kong :([/QUOTE]

Congrats, any chance you could post the UPS or SKU on your receipt?

[quote name='donut']Congrats, any chance you could post the UPS or SKU on your receipt?[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy either, I was looking for the 2 they didn't have.

closest costoco to me is like 60 miles and dont want to go that far to check...anyone able to pick one up for $15 on mario galaxy 2 i would pay that + shipping and tax

Here's an alternate plan (for those who can't find it at Costco):

(1) Mario Galaxy 2 will surely enter the "Nintendo Selects", in some time.
(2) Follow the "Nintendo Selects" page on Nintendo's site, as well as Wikipedia.
(3) When they first announce that it will enter the selections, buy
a copy at Fred Meyers. (just make sure that the NS version comes out
within 30 days of purchase)
(4) The games have the same barcode, so this should work.
(5) After you confirm that the NS version is in stock, return to the store,
and ask for a return of the difference.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Here's an alternate plan (for those who can't find it at Costco):

(1) Mario Galaxy 2 will surely enter the "Nintendo Selects", in some time.
(2) Follow the "Nintendo Selects" page on Nintendo's site, as well as Wikipedia.
(3) When they first announce that it will enter the selections, buy
a copy at Fred Meyers. (just make sure that the NS version comes out
within 30 days of purchase)
(4) The games have the same barcode, so this should work.
(5) After you confirm that the NS version is in stock, return to the store,
and ask for a return of the difference.[/QUOTE]

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Here's a better plan: go to your closest fountain and try to pick up the pennies, nickels and quarters that people throw at it for wishes. Save $5 and just buy the game.

I went to Costco yesterday. At first I couldn't even find the gaming section. They had it up front before, but moved it to the middle of the Christmas section. It is about 1/2 the size it used to be and they had almost nothing. About the only Wii game they had was 40+ copies of Wii Party. There weren't any empty spaces or anything either - I'm gonna say they never had these other games (or at least not recently). So strange that they contracted the game section so much though - looks like it is being phased out (I know it's not, but that's the way it looks).

Costco has been shrinking and phasing out its DVD/Bluray/Video Game/Music/Software inventory all summer. Last time I was at Costco there was just one table for DVD and BluRay combined, half a table for video games, half a table for software which was mostly Microsoft products, and no music.

The explanation is that those items basically don't sell well over the summer when people are off on vacation and outdoors, so they downsize and use the space for things that will sell. But come holiday shopping season, everything should be back full force.

I'd imagine within the next month or so you should see larger quantities of everything.

Stopped by Costco yesterday and they had a ton of copies of Kirby and Metroid for $14.99 (I already have both). Almost everything else was junk. They had some good stuff like Sly Collection, but most of it wasn't what I would consider cheap. If anyone's curious, here's what the clearance/sale section looked like at our store:
costco.jpeg

Black = PS3
Blue = DS
Green = Xbox 360
Yellow = Wii (har har, get it?!)

[quote name='kodave']Costco has been shrinking and phasing out its DVD/Bluray/Video Game/Music/Software inventory all summer.[/QUOTE]
Ours seems to have expanded. Games and movies used to be lumped together...along with music as well, I believe. Now there's a big section for DVD's and Blu-Ray along with books and a tiny bit of music. Games have their own section. Behind the games in the picture above, there are just as many new releases and then beyond that, there is a section for consoles and peripherals. I believe there was also a section for semi-new games, but I don't recall 100%.

It may be worth noting that where I live, the last thing you want to do during summer is go outside. It is much safer and more comfortable indoors, so that might be when we have an increase in movie/game sales.

Went back to the same stores I checked earlier and they had definitely received this shipment within the last few days. However all the copies of Mario Galaxy 2 were gone and only a few copies at each store of KEY and Metroid.

Just left my local Costco, they had plenty of everything, but zero Mario Galaxy. It definitely didn't appear to be the case that it was sold out either, the shelf was packed full as though it had just been put out. My guess is that Mario Galaxy 2 is only available in extremely limited numbers here, or they have excess stock in the back to replenish the display each week, and it's a crap shoot when it gets put out.

[quote name='io']I went to Costco yesterday. At first I couldn't even find the gaming section. They had it up front before, but moved it to the middle of the Christmas section. It is about 1/2 the size it used to be and they had almost nothing. About the only Wii game they had was 40+ copies of Wii Party. There weren't any empty spaces or anything either - I'm gonna say they never had these other games (or at least not recently). So strange that they contracted the game section so much though - looks like it is being phased out (I know it's not, but that's the way it looks).[/QUOTE]
LOL Must be the Staten Island one, there was od amounts of wii party and that was all.

[quote name='Lordd_G']Only members... you can pay $50 to sign up but, that kinda beats the point of this deal.[/QUOTE]

Can i take my mothers card and use that? Tell her she's sick and I'm doing her emergency... video game shopping ;)

And it depends. If you can find three games like DKCR, Galaxy 2, and Kirby for 15 each, that ends up 95 bucks with the membership, for an average of under 32 bucks per game with a membership for 364 more days. So if I can find 3 those three games, it's worth it. You can also buy 2 or 3 Galaxies and trade them in or sell them. That right there should pay for the membership as the Amazon TIV is close to 30 bucks.

Will check this out tomorrow. Thanks for the confirmation photo, cause frankly, Galaxy 2 for 15 bucks really did not sound believable

My closest Costco had many Kirby's, a few Metroids and no Mario Galaxy 2 (the only one I want) :cry:. I would have picked up Donkey Kong as well, but none there either.

F.Y.I. I just received the latest Costco coupon mailer that has the following stated:
'Wii, DS, PS3, Xbox 360 Catalog Game Assortment' $5 off from October 13 to November 6, 2011; No Coupon Necessary'

In the ad, there's pictures of 'Captain America: Super Soldier' for Xbox 360, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time for PS3, along with other Wii & DS crap. Knowing the sale that they had last year, this will include any games in the dumpbin....

Has anyone other than OP found DKCR for $15? (Not saying I don't believe him, but not sure if I want to waste time running around to various Costcos).

[quote name='spmahn']Just left my local Costco, they had plenty of everything, but zero Mario Galaxy. It definitely didn't appear to be the case that it was sold out either, the shelf was packed full as though it had just been put out. My guess is that Mario Galaxy 2 is only available in extremely limited numbers here, or they have excess stock in the back to replenish the display each week, and it's a crap shoot when it gets put out.[/QUOTE]

My store fairly recently had a ton of copies of Donkey Kong and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Then, when this deal was first posted, I went back to the store and all the copies were gone. The entire game section is also a lot smaller than before.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Mario Galaxy 2 will surely enter the "Nintendo Selects", in some time. [/QUOTE]

I must criticize Nintendo for being quite late to the party here. Sony and Microsoft both had budget Greatest/Platinum Hits lines out several years ago, and Nintendo is just now offering older first party titles at a reasonable price?!

I'm also upset that my local Costco had no Super Mario Galaxy 2 in stock. :(

Dang I wish I still lived near a Costco :(

Well anyway, Super Mario Galaxy 1 is brilliant. IMO Sunshine and 64 aren't worthy of the name, but Galaxy gets it right like the mainline Super Mario Bros. series. Haven't played 2 yet (though own it), but $15 is a no brainer!

bread's done
Back