$65 Brutal Legend Pack of Brutality

Found this while browsing the Double Fine shop pretty sweet deal if you are a fan of Brutal Legend.
http://shop.doublefine.com/brutallegendbundlepack.aspx

It’s a Brütal Blöwout! Everything Brütal must go! We need to make room! Double Fine is just making too many games per year now and we’re going to run out of room. Ergo and henceforth, we are having one crazy sale here. Better take advantage of us before someone shoves our brains back in our head.

This pack includes:

• A copy of the game in either Xbox 360 or Playstaion 3 platform
• The strategy guide
• The Brutal Legend 3/4 Raglan Tee
• Never before released promotional record
• 3 differnt Brutal Legend stickers
• 5 different Brutal Legend notecards
• Brutal Legend Onsie
• Mini-poster signed by Tim!
• Brutal Legend Zippo Lighter

Which is more than $130 worth of stuff. But right now it’s only $65! When we run out of stock, the deal is off! This is too insane. I have to stop typing right now because they need to fasten the arms on this straight jacket.

Skipped brutal legend at 5 dollars because of a complaint about it locking up at the end, so sure as heck going to skip it at 65 dollars.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Wtf. Onesies?[/QUOTE]

Guess its the parent in me but thats the one thing out of the bunch I actually like

[quote name='Brother Daz']Guess its the parent in me but thats the one thing out of the bunch I actually like[/QUOTE]

Lol cause Brutal Legends screams family values...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Lol cause Brutal Legends screams family values...[/QUOTE]

hey man, my son is metal through and through ;). We used to put our son in all sorts of "over the line" onesies. Like " I can kick your kids ass", " I'm only 1 and I alreay know how fucked up my family is" ," I am this many" (with a drawing of a middle finger). not to mention all the band onesies we had as well.

I will sheepishly admit that I didn't like Brutal Legend. The action parts were great and the presentation stellar and awesome, but those RTS parts where I had to control mobs of people sunk the game for me. Made me sad because I really wanted to love the game.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I will sheepishly admit that I didn't like Brutal Legend. The action parts were great and the presentation stellar and awesome, but those RTS parts where I had to control mobs of people sunk the game for me. Made me sad because I really wanted to love the game.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I wish it would have stayed purely a hack'n'slash. The RTS parts killed it for me.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Guess its the parent in me but thats the one thing out of the bunch I actually like[/QUOTE]
Same here, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay that much money for a onesie and stickers. Besides, my son has outgrown them anyway.

I paid $5 for it at Best Buy, and didn't encounter the freezing (which I was worried about), but like others have said...hated the RTS. Glad I didn't pay more, even though I'd say it was pretty good.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Same here, I wish it would have stayed purely a hack'n'slash. The RTS parts killed it for me.[/QUOTE]

Me too, I immediately stopped playing it and traded it in after the first RTS mission.

LOL.

I liked how they used the phrase, "Double Fine is just making too many games per year now and we’re going to run out of room." No, Brutal Legend was just a terribly mediocre game that you were left with ton of stock when it sold like hot turds. ^_^

I guess I am one of the only ones who actually liked the RTS portion of the game. I felt the game blended the action and RTS quite nicely. I would have preferred the entire game was action based, but I didn't mind the RTS elements at all.

[quote name='DoubleFine']

Which is more than $130 worth of stuff. But right now it’s only $65[/QUOTE]

LOL, $135 worth of stuff!!? I only counted $8 worth of stuff!!

[quote name='Jedah Doma']LOL.

I liked how they used the phrase, "Double Fine is just making too many games per year now and we’re going to run out of room." No, Brutal Legend was just a terribly mediocre game that you were left with ton of stock when it sold like hot turds. ^_^[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much more tongue-in-cheek they could have made that statement, but I suppose it still went over the head of some people.

That said $65 for what amounts to an LE of a two-year-old game isn't really worth it to me.

why are people insulting this? no need to attack when the OP was offering a new deal. If this was labeled "collectors edition", a lot of people would be happy to see it.

and btw: NEVER SAY "IN FOR 50!".

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I will sheepishly admit that I didn't like Brutal Legend. The action parts were great and the presentation stellar and awesome, but those RTS parts where I had to control mobs of people sunk the game for me. Made me sad because I really wanted to love the game.[/QUOTE]

I agree also, if it had just stayed hack n slash and metal I woulda loved the game. I loved the humor and all the dialog and of course music.

I'm sure this has a place, but most CAGs on the forum have seen this Brutal Legend available for $5-$10 for over a year now. Some like it, some don't, but almost anyone here would already own it.

10317617.jpg

[quote name='Logain8955']I'd be interested if it had the badass art book.

Personally, I adored the game, but it's definitely not for everyone.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely more with you than anyone else in this discussion. I enjoyed the game (didn't "adore" it), but it was definitely worth at least $40 to me.

[quote name='Drclaw411']why are people insulting this? no need to attack when the OP was offering a new deal. If this was labeled "collectors edition", a lot of people would be happy to see it.

and btw: NEVER SAY "IN FOR 50!".[/QUOTE]

Because the game cost many people under $10 between all the various clearances and sales over the past two years? I don't want to be a jerk, but what the heck would anyone including a parent of an infant do with a onesie or a bunch of stickers for a game that only some of us enjoyed and probably very few people would consider in their top 100 games of all time? It's not a collector's edition, it's just a bunch of left-over promo junk that they are charging us $65 to purchase. If you can't handle discussion of deals, feel free to only ever click on the OP in any given thread.

I for one really enjoyed this game. Obviously many people didn't like it much but not every game is made for everyone. I applaud double fine for making a wide variety of games. It keeps the industry fresh. I liked brutal legend, I liked costume quest, and I have heard great things about stacking.

As for all the goodies in this package, I already own the game, the signed poster, and the stickers so I'll have to pass on this one.

Love Brutal Legend. Those who didn't probably never liked, probably my favorite PC game, Sacrifice. Love the humor, style, rts and hack and slash. Got it for $5 and love it.

[quote name='D.Choy']I for one really enjoyed this game. Obviously many people didn't like it much but not every game is made for everyone. I applaud double fine for making a wide variety of games. It keeps the industry fresh. I liked brutal legend, I liked costume quest, and I have heard great things about stacking.[/quote]
I applaud all those who make different games but I have to cheer that much harder for people that buck the trend and make GOOD games.

I was really enjoying it on PS3, but the game locked up and my save was corrupt after 7 hours of play. Haven't gone back to it since, don't exactly have the heart to try again. Single autosave-only games are so bad

[quote name='Logain8955']I'd be interested if it had the badass art book.

Personally, I adored the game, but it's definitely not for everyone.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, also

[quote name='D.Choy']I for one really enjoyed this game. Obviously many people didn't like it much but not every game is made for everyone. I applaud double fine for making a wide variety of games. It keeps the industry fresh. I liked brutal legend, I liked costume quest, and I have heard great things about stacking.[/QUOTE]

Well said. While I mentioned that the game wasn't for me earlier I certainly respect those who did enjoy the game. Despite my dislike of the RTS segments I could still see that there was a whole lot of heart and soul in the game.

I liked BL a lot but gotta agree with the general consensus that the RTS segments subtracted from the game. A smoother complexity curve and a more traditional RTS camera view would've fixed my problems with the RTS portions.

As someone who never got into metal, Brütal Legend made me appreciate the genre much more. Could've done without the inclusion of Mötley Crüe though, yuck.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']I also got it for $5, but it's still in the shrink wrap on my shelf and at the very bottom of my backlog.[/QUOTE]

In the same boat as this guy. May never actually end up playing this. Sitting right next to Dark Void in the veryh end of the backlog

I absolutely loved this game - until the RTS as well.

it was so boring and mediocre - the hack and slash was great, the graphics fun, the music awesome, I loved it.

They could have had a franchise, instead they have coaster material.

Yea the RTS rocked, everyone else just sucked at it ;D Sad this game is down to 5 bucsk now, really was a great game. I wish Tim would've made a second one but I heard it sold bad. 2nd one would give great closure with the ending from the first. And i would've love to have been able to go in the past or something THere was a great amount of backstory that wasn't really visited inside the game itself.

Same here, I picked up this game for $8, loved the atmosphere, loved the voice acting, loved exploring the world, loved the hack and slash combat. But the RTS parts are just confusing and frustrating. What a shame.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']LOL.

I liked how they used the phrase, "Double Fine is just making too many games per year now and we’re going to run out of room." No, Brutal Legend was just a terribly mediocre game that you were left with ton of stock when it sold like hot turds. ^_^[/QUOTE]

First, it's been *2* years since the game was released on October 13th, 2009. It is not unusual that they'd want to dump stuff from a game that is no-longer being sold.

General critics score was 7-8s, 830K units for 360, 730K for PS3. Comparatively, Psychonauts did 119,988.

Given the dev costs (and the fights over rights, etc.), the game was definitely not what they expected. The fact that they didn't cross 2M was likely the reason the sequel wasn't greenlit. Jack Black, Metal, and the RTS element (which I can't imagine being the death of purchases, maybe some reason for people being turned off) --- it seemed like a perfect storm. Using 09 as an example, all music based games died that year, so you can also attribute Brutal's demise to some of that.

Comparatively, Rock Band 3 (2010) did less than 1M in units sold Worldwide (PS3/Xbox 360). Green Day Rockband (June 2010) did less than 1M across all 3 consoles (PS3/Xbox/Wii). BEATLES Rock Band on PS3/Xbox 360 combined did barely over 2M (v. Rock Bank 2 which did 2.1M alone on 360).

The main character looks a lot like the rocker character from Guitar Hero and there's plenty of elements surrounding assumptions that it would be a music based game. 09's Guitar Hero entry had 870K for the PS3 and 940K for the 360. That was WITH the promotion of a free game.

I know we're saying apples-to-oranges with those comparisons, but whenever I previously brought up Brutal Legend to people, they assumed it was a music game and didn't want t bother with a Metal version.

The point is, perspective is fun and kills trolls.

Edit: On topic, $65 is still too rich for any bonuses, especially given the game is 2 years old. The goodies for sub $40 might be worthwhile.

bread's done
Back