CAGcast #256: RoboCast

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Shipwreck reviews Rage, Wombat pretends to be a robot, and CheapyD becomes a robot.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]165[/podcast]
Download - 68 minutes, 41MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro: Robocop theme - Outro: Won't You Charleston With Me - The Boyfriend

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Audible is taking too long to download Jim Breuer, your up cagcast! Hope your as bunned about iphone 4s as I am.

Copied from Rebel FM Episode 115 (based on Wombat's suggestion):

1. 7c16fa036da1377f93db0d3c9bdc0d27
    eot says:
    September 24, 2011 at 2:04 pm
    I think Diablo 2 had stamina because in the original Diablo there wasn’t even an option to run, so when they introduced it they probably felt like they had to limit it somehow.
  2. 7a46186200fc555f7b5b8acdf53d57f6
    Blade says:
    September 24, 2011 at 5:24 pm
    Was that the new Batman AC Song at the end?
  3. e59673c4145ec213cb6f7d9bf0d6cb61
    Gert says:
    September 25, 2011 at 2:05 am
    I’m not a big fan of the F-YEAH stuff in Gears Of War 3 but damn that game has amazing visuals.
    The entire world is mangled and beautiful at the same time. It looks like a world instead of a collection of arenas.
    Any chance Gears Of War is ever getting ported to PS3? I mean it’s UE3 so it’s technically possible… right?

• 5c5f03db235923829e911c0281cfb664
      Sulik2 says:
      September 25, 2011 at 8:38 am
      Its a first party Microsoft produced game. There is zero chance it will ever end up on PS3.

• 44e80bb7be983fcaa96073868b2c76d2
        troubled_merc says:
        September 25, 2011 at 7:06 pm
        I’m with you Gert, but Sulik is right. I had a cousin visit me 2 years ago from england and he had Gears of War 2. I already knew the series and was a fan but could not pony-up the money to just buy a new console for 1 game. Long story short I played the hell out of Gears of War 2, even on insane mode with the output only in black and white (I dont know why the xbox was doing that to my tv screen)and enjoyed it. However, with all the talk about Gears of War 3…I might cave and just buy a low end xbox and get the triple pack (includes Gears of War 1, 2 and the DLC) and buy Gears of War 3. I must say Gears of War 3 is the only reason why I would get an xbox360. I’m not talking shit about other xbox’s games or xbox live (I agree it is a better service), but I just simply can’t commit to xbox360.
        PS: I still miss the dick and fart jokes =D Long Live REBEL FM

Loved your podcast, brest feeding is hard at first especially when you've just give birth but it gets easier and its the best thing in the world when you get the hang of it an wen you've got over the pain. my daughter is 3 an half month old and i will carry on brest feeding untill she has teeth lol im 19 its a shame ev
(Comment from Lacstation podcast)

Quite a few chuckles during this podcast. It's a shame with Rage. I'm sure if it came out before Fallout & Borderlands it would be received better. Maybe we are just spoiled. Based on your review and from this podcast it doesn't sound all that great. Glad I didn't waste the $.

I don't think I'm going to bother with Dark Souls either. I bought Demon Souls, popped it in, played 15 minutes and never touched it again. What a waste of $. Fine line between challenging and frustrating. Challenging to me is when it is so fun you don't mind doing it over and over, especially if it starts you over right where you died. Frustrating is starting over 30 minutes behind and saying "I have to do all that over again!?!" When I want to throw the controller at the tv the game just crossed the border into frustrating.

Why don't you use the theme songs any more?

Every day I'm cheap as shit...
CAGS on news, stirring up controversy...

OH SHIT Cheapy. I was in that play in highschool too and I couldn't dance for shit. I was also one of the leads and they pretty much had to hide me in the back. I remember one scene being a beach scene and I used one of the girl's parasols to hide behind when we were dancing.

What a nightmare!

Forget Subway. Jack in the Box has the Jacks Got Game promotion going on right now where you can win real DLC for Assassin's Creed Revelations, Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3. I just wish there was a Jack in the Box in my area.

P.S. - If anyone who's won a spare Gears3 Liquid Green Metal weapons skin code and wants to DM it to me, I'd appreciate it from one CAG to another.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Porksta']Why don't you use the theme songs any more?

Every day I'm cheap as shit...
CAGS on news, stirring up controversy...[/QUOTE]

Great show, but bringing back CAGS on news would make it even better.

Shipwreck was right, Gran Turismo is Sony's biggest exclusive seller worldwide sitting at 6.37 million as of December 2010, more than double what Uncharted 2 sold and triple what Forza 3 could manage.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

I just wanna reference back to last week's cagcast because cheapy's soda segment has made me give up fizzy drinks. I now drink water with ice and it is super refreshing and I don't get thirsty after drinking

So, CheapyD, you ready for Forza next week? Congrats on yoru first LCE game. Forza 4 will be my second, Forza 3 was the first. You do much online racing? Need a average to sucky competitor to race with? Hit me up, my gamertag is same as my CAG user name.

Also, no the demo does not support kinect at all, and give the rivals mode a chance, it can be addicting trying to beat your friends times.

P.S., if you want to buy me a fanatec wheel and pedals go for it. I'll appreciate it.

Wombat, I think you might be onto something regarding that X-Men game and contractual obligations. Why else would they ship an unfinished game unless they had a deadline like that.

I always dreaded this time of year when I managed a GS. Now that I don't manage anymore I still dread this time of year because of all the titles that come out. I actually get happy when something gets pushed from this time of year.

reguarding the ICO and shadow colossus Best Buy Sale. I trotted down to the local best buy. I saw the game for $24.99 Awesome! remembering the +10dollar coupon deal on the @gamer mag Awesome! I grab the mag cut the coupon out hit the register and didnt read the small writing on the back of the coupon. as it turns out I need to be a 'gamer zone member' to use any coupons on that magazine its simular to the gamestop yearly thing. The magazine was a -$4.99 loss when it could of been avoided.

Great show, but you guys didn't talk about the BF3 beta! I need to know what you guys think or my week is shot!

I kind of think Wombat was right that Activision did what they did to hold on to the X-Men rights but then you realize they skipped doing the obvious tie-in game with X-Men: First Class. It's kind of strange. Love to hear how Destiny came about.

I didn't get a chance to ask in the CAGbag what you guys think they should do with The Avengers movie game license since THQ let the rights revert back to Marvel. I wrote a blog post about it, What To Do About The Avengers Movie Tie-In Game, given the limted time they have. What do you guys think?

[quote name='NegativeZero']glad i checked for this early, thanks guys, will make that ride on the N train that much more interesting.[/QUOTE]

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Same train too! :)

If you guys want more show feedback all you need to do is say something negative about the PS3 or have another segment of Shipwreck analyzing the upcoming PS3 games again. Instant 20 page thread right there.

Hey, here's me commenting on the CAGcast without having anything to say about it!

I was hoping the Dark Souls supply problem was going to be addressed. It's sad that you are encouraged to preorder a product with the promise of bonuses, only to have the publisher fail to deliver at the last minute. In any case, Shipwreck should do his best not to break any controllers over the game!

Regarding Activision and early review copies...apparently they held a Black Ops "review event" last year.

Where is the handheld love.
In the last 3 weeks we had Persona 2: Innocent Sin remake for the PSP and for the DS the new Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

Also you may wanna tell the CAG that they can also get $100 off certain eletronic products including iPod Touchs if they get Audible for a year.

Audible Deal

Great podcast

I love the CAGcast. I'm sorry I don't post more often in the show threads. I listen while I'm away from the computer and think of all sorts of things to say. Then I get to the computer and forget everything....

Maybe you could actually post the show notes (or the outline)? Or Wiki these threads so someone else can post the notes?

Anyways, the show is awesome. Everything the haters say is fucking BS, the show is great as is. Oh, Wombat, turn off your pr0n torrentz while the show is on. And you better all be wired by now. My offer still stands from a few shows back for free ethernet cords in whatever length you need.

I LOVE THE CAGCAST SO MUCH THAT I AM LISTENING TO THEM ALL. Right now I'm on CAGcast #6, and I gotta say... I think the earlier CAGcasts I've listened to were better only because Wombat talked more.

suggested question for next weeks show: im patiently waiting for Skyrim to come out so i can start raising hell and killing dragons. what is one thing each of you are excited for when it releases? also which system will you pick it up for PS3 or Xbox 360?

Great Podcast again guys. Though I'd put this thought here on the drones that have been appearing. A few listeners commented on why they hadn't attacked Novus. Although the Novuns didn't know what the drones were when they attacked the settlement, wouldn't be ironic if they were a product of the destiny descendants that had been shelved as they had turned on them on other planets. As the one that they visit it Blockade. They haven't attacked Novus as they know it was there home world. Although you could argue that they would protect it. Why haven't they destroyed the seed ships. Or did the seed ships pass through the galaxy before their creation. Have they followed the seed ships as they lay gates? To much to consider!!!!!!!!

Oh c'mon Cheapy, $4.99 for PS2 classics? If Nintendo is charging $5-8 for NES/SNES games on Virtual Console and MS is charging $15 for Xbox 1 games like Halo on Games on Demand, $9.99 for PS2 games on PSN is a pretty good deal. And they happen to be very good games. $10 is a great price point.

I'm really glad Sony chose these niche games as a starting point. They are not easy to find and not exactly super cheap. C'mon Cheapy, COME ON.

Great show. I wish you guys would bring back the segment where you make predictions or sales predictions. I'm really shocked and bummed about Rage. Hard to believe that a game which won E3 Best in Show turned out so lame and mediocre. It's hard to feel motivated to get to the end when I keep hearing how the ending sucks ass.

Xmen got more talk time on the CAGcast than Gears of War 3 did. Bet a crappy Aquaman game would be good for a half hour conversation

[quote name='GOTA']Xmen got more talk time on the CAGcast than Gears of War 3 did. Bet a crappy Aquaman game would be good for a half hour conversation[/QUOTE]

Gears of War 3 is a week older, and was already discussed before.

I actually liked X-Men. Yes it was repetitive and the graphics where ugly but I like super hero beat em ups. I wish it was longer and had more than 3 different bosses but it wasn't terrible. Id recommend it at $15 maybe $19.99. I haven't played much of Spider-man to give my thoughts on it but I did really like Shattered Dimensions, my main complaint with that game was that the collectables took away from the game and I just end up not caring about them. Great Show. Thug-Life

I really enjoyed this episode. I would like to comic book stuff from wombat and enjoy book stuff from cheapy. Now I didn't really love hunger games I found felt a little childish. But it was a solid read.

Thanks for putting out an episode early instead of skipping a week, appreciate it!

While in comparison to the Wii virtual sales of NES/SNES/N64 prices of $5/$8/$12, and Xbox1 games, $9.99 PS2 games seems ok. But I was never ok with the other prices, as I already owned some of the games and don't feel like paying again. Some PS1 games are $9.99 still. So the "good" PS2 games will probably come out at $15-$20, provided it didn't get a HD-remake.

I still would prefer the HD-remakes, because those physical copies go on sale more often, and easy to find on clearance.

Let me tell you why Demon's souls and Dark souls kick ass. I mainly play jrpgs and the triple A western games, and I always play on normal difficulty. So I don't like these games just because they are hard.

For one thing they are refreshingly different than anything else out there. They have a dark and eerie atmosphere. Whenever you see a new enemy you haven't encountered yet and it starts charging at you and they hit you for 70% of your hit point bar, you feel fear. This is a game that if you put the work into mastering the combat, you will feel very rewarded of the progress you make.

The combat is simplistic and yet very complex. You have a shield to block, you have a strong attack, and a fast attack. Each weapon type handles differently with attack speed/weapon length/attack types/etc. Timing is the most important thing to master. You need to spar with each new enemy you encounter and learn its movements and get the timing for your attacks down. Properly utilizing your stamina bar is also very important. It takes stamina to make attacks and you lose stamina when you get hit while blocking and when the stamina bar runs out they break through your block. So you have to balance attacking and blocking and keep an eye on your stamina bar. It refills slowly when blocking and faster when you are not blocking. This is a player skill based combat system.

For the most part when you die, it will be because you messed up and not because of some cheap game mechanic. It took me 2 hours on demon's souls to just begin to start getting used to the battle system. Once I got good at the game, I died a lot less, mostly just on bosses. I stuck with it and eventually beat the game. It was worth it. Definitely in my top 5 games of this generation.

bread's done
Back