Halo: CE Anniversary edition - 29.99 @ Newegg.com

fuck new egg. THey probably wont get any in and will just cancel it on you without even sending you a damn email. They lost tons of cred with this whole Darksouls thing. I may be done with them for pre-orders.

[quote name='Kenshindono']fuck new egg. THey probably wont get any in and will just cancel it on you without even sending you a damn email. They lost tons of cred with this whole Darksouls thing. I may be done with them for pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they give FREE MONEY to people who got their preorders cancelled?

Why exactly are you angry about receiving FREE MONEY?

That makes zero sense to me.

[quote name='pdjones']Didn't they give FREE MONEY to people who got their preorders cancelled?

Why exactly are you angry about receiving FREE MONEY?

That makes zero sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly 'free money' - it's a discount code that applies only to DS reg edition or 'other' games. I have tried to use it three times and all three times an error came up that said the code was valid but not on this order? Apparently if a game is already discounted or has another discount code applied the DS code won't go through? When a company puts restrictions on a code that limits its use I can't exactly call that 'free money.'
'Free money' is like Amazon's promo credits that apply to any game and stack.
And because of the DS screw up I'm avoiding any newegg preorder no matter the 'deal.'
A deal is useless if they can't deliver.

BTW - Has anyone actually gotten the DS code to work? What game did you get it to work with. I want to use it and be done with newegg.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Newegg shot my dog, fucked my mom, and burned down my house.

:-({|=[/QUOTE]

Apparently now you can't wait until they fuck you since you seem so eager to bend over for them. I prefer to pass.

[quote name='chunlirocks']On the fence. Lol @ the newegg haters. They Free ship faster than Amazon and not tax.[/QUOTE]Preordered this from them last time they had it at this price... and, frankly, I'm not too worried about it.

The games going to have a huge print run and its a MS product not Namco Bandi who seemed to be screwing the pooch in all regards to the DS CE. (Honestly, it wasn't just newegg who had issues with the CE of DS.)

That said... I have no problems with people being pissed/mad at newegg.

Newegg? Yuck. Messed up multiple pre-orders by either sending the wrong edition, or cancelling them outright without proper notice to get them elsewhere. No thanks.

[quote name='chunlirocks']They Free ship faster than Amazon and not tax.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the kind of anger that the above posters do, but their shipping has been slow as shit in my experiences. Last time I ordered something was almost a month ago.

It probably depends on where you live in relation to their shipping centers, but Amazon has always been much better than Newegg.

I don't know if you can use two coupons at the same time, but if you can, it's basically $10. I'm saving the $20 coupon for something else though.

I agree Newegg messed up, but $20 coupon for the trouble is fairly reasonable. I'm not defending Newegg by any means, Amazon messed up orders too...

[quote name='blindinglights']I don't have the kind of anger that the above posters do, but their shipping has been slow as shit in my experiences. Last time I ordered something was almost a month ago.

It probably depends on where you live in relation to their shipping centers, but Amazon has always been much better than Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Shipping is definitely YMMV. In New York, I've place orders in the morning and received it same day afternoon with the free shipping due to their New Jersey warehouse. As for the Dark Souls thing, it was a clusterf**k in general across multiple retailers, so for myself at least, I'm not going to get all pissed off about it.

Since Amazon charges tax for us now as well, for me at least, Newegg > Amazon in both price and shipping.

Geez Newegg messes up on a video game deal and people are ready to leave them to hang. Didn't they apologize and give a $20 gaming credit towards the dark soul issue. I'm sure it didn't make up much for your collector's edition but it was something to lessen the blow. Besides it's Atlus' fault for not printing enough collector's edition of the game to meet the demand if you want to get technical.

Anyhow this is a good deal I just preordered

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies & $20 credit (but only on certain orders - apparently you can't use it on preorders) didn't get me my CE on release day did it? And - geez - this is not the first time they've screwed up on preorders. And why would anyone whine about poor newegg being left to hang? Geez.
I don't 'hate' newegg - I just finally realized they cannot be trusted to come through on preorders so I'd prefer to spend my money elsewhere and be sure I get what is promised.

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']
BTW - Has anyone actually gotten the DS code to work? What game did you get it to work with. I want to use it and be done with newegg.[/QUOTE]

I got it to work for Disgaea 4.

^ Thanks. I tried for Rage last week but I guess because of the other promo it wouldn't take. I tried Gears 3 this AM and it worked.

Everyone's bitching about newegg's service, so I guess I'll be the first to bitch about Bungie releasing the original fucking Halo game again with updated graphics. The Xbox Original is $15, or $7.50 during a sale, if you're one of the few who hasn't played it. This over-hyped cash cow is a waste of money, as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I love newegg :D[/QUOTE]

Same here. Never had a problem with them. I value their service as much as Amazon.

[quote name='Blade']Everyone's bitching about newegg's service, so I guess I'll be the first to bitch about Bungie releasing the original fucking Halo game again with updated graphics. The Xbox Original is $15, or $7.50 during a sale, if you're one of the few who hasn't played it. This over-hyped cash cow is a waste of money, as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll be the first to say: Bungie has nothing to do with this re-release/update. Microsoft's Halo-centric studio 343 Industries is and has been the only studio working on this. If you want to yell at someone, yell at Microsoft. Of course then you have to yell at Sony, Capcom, and many others for doing the same thing. At least this game has new story elements and updated maps for multiplayer in Reach, for less than full price.

I don't think the fans care as long as It was priced right. $40 is a bit steep imho, but $30 is probably around just the right price.

I don't get the Newegg hate either. They've screwed up on my Ghost Recon 2 order years ago and sent a re-sealed used game. What did they do for me? Gave it to me for free by crediting my credit card. How the hell do you beat a free game?

Shipping speed? I get most of the eggsaver shipped games in 3 days, but I live in CT so maybe that's why? I've heard new release pre-orders with free shipping are pretty slow and take about a week. So if you want the game one at the discounted price your going to have to wait it out.

The Dark Souls thingy? I think a lot of retailers had issues, hell even Amazon had issues with the limited edition. I think that's more of a Namco thing, fuck em.

I've always found their free shipping to be pretty decent, 4-5 days usually and you get a tracking number.

I like throwing some business Newegg's way now and again, they have some good deals.

[quote name='Blade']Everyone's bitching about newegg's service, so I guess I'll be the first to bitch about Bungie releasing the original fucking Halo game again with updated graphics. The Xbox Original is $15, or $7.50 during a sale, if you're one of the few who hasn't played it. This over-hyped cash cow is a waste of money, as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE]

Considering you're not educated enough about the item to not even know who made it you're not educated enough to offer your opinion if it's worth buying.

I'm sure the Xbox Original isn't going away, so that's still a valid option for someone who only wants to pay $15 and doesn't think the re-release adds anything to the experience. $15 more for completely redone graphics, additional maps, achievements, etc., seems like a pretty decent deal to me.

I'll never buy from Newegg again after how badly they fucked up on my Dark Souls preorder. No e-mail re cancellation, no $20 GC, and no response to either of my two e-mails about the lack of any communication concerning their voiding of my preorder. I'll take the slightly higher price at Amazon any day since it means I'll actually get customer service that doesn't ignore me.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Considering you're not educated enough about the item to not even know who made it you're not educated enough to offer your opinion if it's worth buying.[/QUOTE]

Cuz 343 is so far removed from Bungie right............

Isn't there armor abilities in this MP too or did I just see Reach and people were playing on the CE remakes?

Last time I checked this thread was for Halo and not Dark Souls.

[quote name='shibaraski']is there a multiplayer mode in this game? like basic team deathmatch?[/QUOTE]

The multiplayer in this is just maps for Halo: Reach. Like how in ODST it was just more maps with Halo 3 multiplayer

[quote name='hustletron']Cuz 343 is so far removed from Bungie right............

Isn't there armor abilities in this MP too or did I just see Reach and people were playing on the CE remakes?

Last time I checked this thread was for Halo and not Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

Halo: CEA doesn't have its own MP component. There are 7 maps(1 firefight map) that will be for Halo: Reach.

OT: I think this is a great deal for which New Egg had this several times before. Although it's pretty much the same thing as Amazon because Amazon offers a $10 credit.

Wow if the DS issue bothers you this much then you are screwed and limited to using gamestop since they where the only company that handled the whols DS debacle correctly..

Don't order from newegg, who really cares? Also, you shouldn't risk another screwup using that FREE $20 , somehow I bet you will shop there again..

I preordered the Dead Rising 2 Off the Record for 29.99 from them, I think I'll wait and see if that goes through alright this week...if it does, I'll probably jump on this deal too. Newegg is starting to steal a lot of my Amazon business.

Thanks OP, grabbed one. I never played the original Halo, so the remake works out well for me.

I did not order Dark Souls through Newegg, but they came through just fine with Rage and Dead Rising: OTR (which shipped today). I've always considered their quality of service comparable to Amazon's.

Bitch to 343/Microsoft not Bungie.

I don't see how this has been over hyped?

Hi there luxarific,

First and foremost, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please know that we would never do anything to intentionally dissatisfy you. We have made one of our agents aware of your situation and if you send him an e-mail at [email protected], he will gladly make sure that this gets resolved.

pretty good deal. I preordered over the summer when this came up and then cancelled since I still own the original Halo...but now I'm tempted again.

[quote name='Newegg Support']Hi there luxarific,

First and foremost, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please know that we would never do anything to intentionally dissatisfy you. We have made one of our agents aware of your situation and if you send him an e-mail at [email protected], he will gladly make sure that this gets resolved.[/QUOTE]

damn. good move by CS, not many other companies would make an account here.

man, you should feel special luxarific. first post by newegg support. (no sarcasm intended)

[quote name='yahoosale14']damn. good move by CS, not many other companies would make an account here.

man, you should feel special luxarific. first post by newegg support. (no sarcasm intended)[/QUOTE]

newegg awesomeness +100

I'll probably stick with my Amazon preorder as I get the $10 gaming credit and with having the Amazon Visa card I can instantly use my reward points, which'll knock the price down to $15 for me.

Newegg is the best, to be honest I been using them for a long time and I have never had one problem, and if you do run into a problem they are usually really great in helping solve the problem, also free shipping and no tax is a bonus.

You guys can hate NewEgg all you want, but it's frankly your loss. They're an incredible company and right up there with Amazon in terms of quality and customer service. And yes, their free shipping is usually faster than Amazon, because they ship UPS while Amazon ships USPS.

Unfortunately I'll still be getting this from Amazon since I have credit there.

[quote name='Newegg Support']Hi there luxarific,

First and foremost, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please know that we would never do anything to intentionally dissatisfy you. We have made one of our agents aware of your situation and if you send him an e-mail at [email protected], he will gladly make sure that this gets resolved.[/QUOTE]

How about passing along some exclusive deals for CAG :D

how is this any different than all the ps2 hd updates being pushed on everyone, i mean who hasn't played ico or the tomb raider trilogy??

not to mention , no one is making you buy it so why do you care?? dont buy it.. seems logical to me.

when littlebigplanet got recalled because somebody complained about a song that may or may not have offended muslims, i immediately went online and ordered a copy for overnight delivery. they sent me the game and i didnt have to wait for sony to remove a song from it. i like newegg.

bread's done
Back