Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals ** New DLC Day! - BachSmith - 5 songs for 5 bucks, what are you waiting for **

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3632 replies to this topic

#2191 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

The sale was $3/lb, which I thought sounded both weird and expensive. But when all was said and done I walked out with 19 books for $48 +tax; about $2.50 a book and at a total savings of 87% off cover price.

Damn, How to Make your Electric Guitar Play Great! is awesome. I've slowly been going thru it as a need arises. Nice haul, and that's a killer find

There are still nice axe deals in mine... And I haven't even mentioned the pedals and stuff still out there... :)

Well, prove it then... pick me up a '72 surf green pawn shop and ship it over at cost:-| Pretty Please:pray::lol:

#2192 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Link to the Epiphone Les Paul Special for $89 mentioned above:
http://www.guitarcen....gc?icid=400248
Too bad the yellow isn't included in the sale, it's the coolest looking of the three.

#2193 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Too bad the yellow isn't included in the sale, it's the coolest looking of the three.

Nice, how long is that going to be on sale for?

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#2194 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm guessing the sale lasts thru Monday, but I'm not 100% sure.

#2195 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

Yea this sale goes on through monday

#2196 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

Well, prove it then... pick me up a '72 surf green pawn shop and ship it over at cost:-| Pretty Please:pray::lol:

If it gets down to $300, shipping to you would be pretty manageable. I'd do it for you. 2 of my 3 stores still have 1.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#2197 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

So I went in to a local music store to look for a Smashing Pumpkins tab book only to find the store in complete disarray. They were moving or remodeling I guess. The guy said he couldn't look any stock up but to have a look myself and directed me to the "tab section", a giant set of piles all along one wall. They were having a sale so I figured I'd have a go at it. I didn't find what I was looking for but came away with a massive haul none the less. The sale was $3/lb, which I thought sounded both weird and expensive. But when all was said and done I walked out with 19 books for $48 +tax; about $2.50 a book and at a total savings of 87% off cover price. I wish I had time to keep looking for more. I have found tab to be much more difficult than Rocksmith but now I have so much to choose from. Btw, still looking for a Smashing Pumpkins tab book if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of. eBay and amazon are too expensive.

Here's my haul. All brand new

Dangs I wish I could have found that many books over at my BB. I am :drool: over some of those, and would love to take a peek at the one from Satriani. Saw him at G3 twice and solo twice, and it was freaking awesome.

#2198 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

I took the plunge with the Black!

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#2199 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

Anyone ever heard of the Badaax brand? They have a Tele copy on Amazon for $75 shipped. I love the look, but I'm guessing there is a good chance the quality may be questionable.
http://www.amazon.co...9410573&sr=1-44

Edit - price has increased now, not such a crazy deal anymore.

Edited by DJP519, 24 May 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#2200 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

It bears reminding that this weekend is "The List" events at Guitar Center - basically, they collect all the "1 left", discontinued colors, too much stock, etc. and blow it out on a list... You have to go to the store to get your list. In recent years, there hasn't been the same kind of deals. In past years, I got an American Highway 1 Strat for $349, an Ovation A/E that was 299 the day before for $89.xx and some other stuff at crazy discounts. If you happen to be near a GC, it might be worth checking...

Currently Playing:
Rocksmith 2014

Titanfall, Forza 5

#2201 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

I took the plunge with the Black!

Congrats :beer:

It bears reminding that this weekend is "The List" events at Guitar Center - basically, they collect all the "1 left", discontinued colors, too much stock, etc. and blow it out on a list...

Last few lists sucked for me. Don't know if I should kill a morning and go or wait to see if there's any good chatter on the inturwebz

#2202 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

Returned the Line 6 HD500 to my local store. Tones were great, but I figured I could justify the HD300 better price wise... Walked in on a whim yesterday and the had the HD500 I had brought back out on the shelf as an open box for about 60 bucks less. Went from a $367 purchase to a $302 purchase. I bought the damn thing back :)

Do you use this much? Would you recommend it?
Posted Image

#2203 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Do you use this much? Would you recommend it?

Haven't played with it again... From all the videos I've seen and all that I've read, the unit is amazing, BUT you have to make your own tones. The stock tones are not exactly awe inspiring... There are literally thousand of videos, though, that show you how to program tones. Everything from AC/DC to Coldplay, people have tones for songs and artists. Nice thing is, the HD500 can plug into just about anything and it goes quite nicely straight to a PA system, if you're playing live.

Currently Playing:
Rocksmith 2014

Titanfall, Forza 5

#2204 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Not a bad deal might pin this for later

#2205 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

FYI, another site mentioned that their local GC was selling the Yellow model at the same $89 price. Obviously this is super YMMV as the store would hafta have it in stock. Did a quick search in my area & the closest store with stock was over 400miles away.

And here's a vid to give you an idea of what this guitars all about.

#2206 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

Glad to see this thread getting some interest again.

Not saying its as good as the hd500 but here is a nice programmable pedal. As a added bonus if you got amott's bloodstorm guitar from amazon last year. You can get his signature pedal to go with it. Same thing as the $200 zoom 2.1 pedal for $74.

www.avalive.com/Zoom/G21MA/169009/productDetail.php

#2207 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Not saying its as good as the hd500 but here is a nice programmable pedal. As a added bonus if you got amott's bloodstorm guitar from amazon last year. You can get his signature pedal to go with it. Same thing as the $200 zoom 2.1 pedal for $74.

I have this same pedal, except it the 2.1DM. Same exact pedal but with megadeth presets. It's fantastic and you can go online and switch out the presets for another set. For example if you bought this Amott pedal, but would rather have the mustaine presets, they can just be switched when you hook it to your pc. Fantastic for the price

#2208 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Thanks! Decided to get one since I don't have any effects pedals and had been looking for one at a good price. Read several reviews of this one and they were all pretty good. I was about to buy this from Amazon since it was only $7 $ more and I could use some credit I had, but then I realized I'd be paying another $8 or so in taxes, so ended up going with avalive for $74, free ship and (hopefully) no tax. I did get that deal on the $300 MA Bloodstorm guitar so I figured why not ;)

I have this same pedal, except it the 2.1DM. Same exact pedal but with megadeth presets. It's fantastic and you can go online and switch out the presets for another set. For example if you bought this Amott pedal, but would rather have the mustaine presets, they can just be switched when you hook it to your pc. Fantastic for the price

Can you provide a good site for getting the other signature presets, as well as other presets?
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#2209 deathb10w

deathb10w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

Can you provide a good site for getting the other signature presets, as well as other presets?

This will take you to those compatible with your pedal: http://guitarpatches...s.php?unit=G2Nu

#2210 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

This will take you to those compatible with your pedal: http://guitarpatches...s.php?unit=G2Nu

Excellent, thanks for the quick response!
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#2211 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Walked in to a WalMart on my way to a call this morning and found the Rocksmith Bass + Guitar sitting in front of the 19.99 price tag for the old RS... I was still deciding if I would force the issue or not when the hipster kid in white skinny pants and big glasses asked me if I needed help, sounding exasperated to talk to me. I said I'd like to get a game from the case. He says "Ummmmmmm... What game? It's not like I can read your mind." Yes, I made him call a manager and adjust the price. Hipster bitch. How you like my 19.99 Rocksmith???? :)

Oh, BTW... 2 things...

1. Has everyone bought plenty of MS points from the coupon sale to buy more DLC????

2. ToymachineSH, who runs Riff Repeater, found a picture from a photographer that was thanking the Rocksmith 2014 team for the photo shoot... So it looks like Bandfuse is going to come out to some competition from the Rocksmith sequel... More to come, I'm sure.

Edited by crazedracerguy, 28 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.

Currently Playing:
Rocksmith 2014

Titanfall, Forza 5

#2212 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

New DLC Day!!!
And it's coming at ya from the 80s. So bust out your best Jordache jeans and your hairspray, LOTS of hairspray (like the Ozone layer ever stood a chance)

*Call Me - Blondie
*Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
*867-5309/Jenny - Tommy Tutone

#2213 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Rock Springfield, bitchezzz!!!!!! Hell yeah!!! And I added over $250 of MSPs this weekend, so I'm good to go for DLC for the foreseeable future! ;)

Currently Playing:
Rocksmith 2014

Titanfall, Forza 5

#2214 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

2. ToymachineSH, who runs Riff Repeater, found a picture from a photographer that was thanking the Rocksmith 2014 team for the photo shoot...

There WAS a thread on the UBI forums, but it got taken down.
Guess it hit a little too close to the mark:lol:

Can't wait for them to make the official announcement @ E3. Really wanna know how they'll handle the transition to the new release. Also curious 'bout the "2014" moniker. Are they gonna EA-ify it?

#2215 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

Just bought Rocksmith and waiting on my guitars...a Squier Classic Vibe 60s in Candy Apple Red. Also purchased a Squier Classic Vibe 50s in Lake Placid Blue. Going to see which is nicer to my ear and to play and sell the other. :)
Posted Image

#2216 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Just bought Rocksmith and waiting on my guitars...a Squier Classic Vibe 60s in Candy Apple Red. Also purchased a Squier Classic Vibe 50s in Lake Placid Blue. Going to see which is nicer to my ear and to play and sell the other. :)

Nice choices for starter guitars. You'll get plenty of use out of whichever you choose. The Classic Vibe series is nice.

Currently Playing:
Rocksmith 2014

Titanfall, Forza 5

#2217 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Nice choices for starter guitars. You'll get plenty of use out of whichever you choose. The Classic Vibe series is nice.

Thanks! Actually the seller for the CV60 flaked but I found someone selling a Squier VM for $100 so I snatched it. I'm about to put some new D'Addario strings on it and set it up.

Also, I bought Rocksmith on Amazon for Steam and was looking for the cable. Found out Gamestop was selling it for PS3 for @ $29.99 (and the cable alone is $27+ on Amazon so I figured why the hell not get it for PS3 too for $2 more). Anyway, they gave me the Guitar and Bass version for $29.99 when that version is still $59.99 on their site! Nice!

Also waiting on my Fender Mustang I amp to come in.
Posted Image

#2218 rperez1025

rperez1025

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

OK guys, I just recently started playing this game and have some questions.

I'm playing a song and then it throws in a new type of note (ex. chords) that I haven't previously played. Is the only way to learn these from the techniques section? Because even then they aren't in the order that they are first introduced in the songs from the main journey.

During the techniques section besides pausing the game at the end of the section and hitting restart, is there a faster way to restart it but still save your score? I hate that if I restart that section it then wants to tune and then load the video and go over everything again. I just want it to save my score but yet repeat the section right away.

What is the best way to progress with the emphasis on learning? It seems like when I hit "Continue Journey" it keeps trying to introduce me to new stuff (without telling me what it is) and it is too advanced. Yet, it will then sometimes say "want to lower the score for the event?" and I will accidentally press A thinking I am just restarting. That is a big pet peeve because it will just pop out out of nowhere and I don't know how to readjust the setting back to the normal score. I'm OK with failing the song and having to practice it over and over til I get good enough without lowering the 'score'. Anyway to default where it doesn't do this?

Any other advice is appreciated as well. I like the game but it doesn't flow as smoothly as I think it could. I would like to learn the lesson and then practice a song and keep building on that but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for the help!!

#2219 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

For chords the guitarcade night of the chord head is good for general practice. Then there is rift repeater. You can just pick a small section of the song with that chord in it.
Then it gives you 30 tries before it makes you restart and retune your guitar.

This is one of my major issues with this game. It doesn't let you just practice a song over and over if you want. To many load screens file saving and menus to sort through. They should know its going to take tons of practice why make it so needlessly complicated.

Don't know about how to disable that prompt. Its really annoying me. Even if I just miss by a few hundred ponts it prompts me. Then like you I don't notice it and try to play the song again and accidentally lower the score.

#2220 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

OK guys, I just recently started playing this game and have some questions.

I'm playing a song and then it throws in a new type of note (ex. chords) that I haven't previously played. Is the only way to learn these from the techniques section?
*Couple of ways to practice chords. From the journey screen hit Start>Techniques>Chord Book. Then choose the song you're working on and it'll show you all the chords in that specific song. Second option is to go thru Riff Repeater. That'll let you replay specific sections of the song. This'll also give you the added benefit of leveling-up the song, section by section

During the techniques section besides pausing the game at the end of the section and hitting restart, is there a faster way to restart it but still save your score?
*been a while since I've done the Technique challenges so don't remember too well. But I think pausing is the fastest way to go. It just means losing the score on that run

What is the best way to progress with the emphasis on learning? It seems like when I hit "Continue Journey" it keeps trying to introduce me to new stuff (without telling me what it is) and it is too advanced. Yet, it will then sometimes say "want to lower the score for the event?" and I will accidentally press A thinking I am just restarting. That is a big pet peeve because it will just pop out out of nowhere and I don't know how to readjust the setting back to the normal score. I'm OK with failing the song and having to practice it over and over til I get good enough without lowering the 'score'. Anyway to default where it doesn't do this?
*Sounds to me like you'd be better off skipping the journey mode at first. I say, play the songs you want thru riff repeater. This way you focus solely on the one song as you gradually level-up the song to the full version. This should help you avoid the score reduction screen (it pops up after 3 failed attempts to hit the goal/score)

In my case, I was the opposite. I liked journey mode as it gave me a bunch of variety. Can't really stand grinding on stuff. And as the journey continued, songs would roll around again and I'd have this huge improvement from my last attempt. Just a byproduct of the time put in on other songs.

But hey everyone's different about what they like. So do what you think will keep you more motivated

Any other advice is appreciated as well. I like the game but it doesn't flow as smoothly as I think it could. I would like to learn the lesson and then practice a song and keep building on that but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for the help!!
*Best advice is to play every day. If you hit a roadblock, change things up by trying the guitarcade games. Just do something every day. BTW, try unlocking Scale Runner ASAP. It'll really help a lot with picking between the strings

Rocksmith has its flaws. At least there's more good than bad and I know I would never have gotten as far as I have without it

And Have Fun!:D