Rocksmith 2014 Deals ** New DLC Day! - The White Stripes **

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3725 replies to this topic

#1681 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Rocksmith is in a goldbox deal for 29.99

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008982OUO?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Just click the gold box offer button

Dayum, wish I'd jumped on this. :(

#1682 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

crazedracerguy

I know its now a snowflakes chance in hell. I would still be willing to spot you a $100 or so in case you were to find another one of those fender deals. You seem to have the magic touch in finding those fenders. I have the money to buy one new but can't justify $1300+ for a guitar. Heck I barely can justify the 3 I have. But this is one of the few things I have found that i get obsesive over instead of quickly getting bored and loosing interest in.

If you found one I promise you wont be stuck with it because I have always wanted a fender I just never see them on sale.

#1683 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Got another question for people the people thatvl got a schecter special last year. Since my guitar seemed to have skipped the setup process. I was wondering what height you neck/bass pickup was set to. Pickup height is something I have yet to try out. My neck pickup is flush with the adjustment screw ie abou as low as it can go. With the bridge pickup being about 1-2 mm under the strings gives me a massively unballanced and bright sound.

Any idea you can give me about what schecter thinks is best would be greatly appreciated.

#1684 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

the CAG formerly known as rbarba4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Sup everyone. Hope it was a good holiday break.

Since I didn't see it posted, Rocksmith (new version) can still be had for $39.99 thru Bestbuy as part of their 3-day sale. But Thursday is the last day so don't delay.
Posted Image http://www.bestbuy.c...smith&lp=8&cp=1
Posted Imagehttp://www.bestbuy.c...smith&lp=5&cp=1

And the web's copycat is matching the deal; who knows for how long
Amazon link http://www.amazon.co...UTF8&me==

Plus Steam download (only) is $19.49, in the US anyway
http://store.steampo...com/app/205190/
and they also have the DLC songs on sale at 35% off. For example: 2.99 songs are down to $1.94

EDIT: American Musical's weekly deal is for the ESP-LTD worn strat @ $199.95
http://www.americanm...eeklydeals.aspx

Funny how since I feel bad for only getting one guitar over the season.

Nah, just makes you sane;)
If I'm not careful, I'll end up with more guitars than fingers. Feet fing'rs count too. Right, right...:-#

Yeah I'm debating getting this to move to PC version and selling the original PS3 version or just waiting for a download only sale and keep the cable.

Funny, saw a post over on the Ubi forums about a steam sale for RS: game and DLC

Decided to DL the demo for the hell of it, expecting it to not work on my laptop. Well, surprised that it ran so smoothly and now debating a PC buy:-k. Of course, there's a chance the cake/demo is a lie

I was just wondering if anybody was experiencing lag using just HDMI cables and If I should invest in a pair of component cables if this is true? Thanks fellas and ROCK ON!!

Zero HDMI is the best way to avoid lag. But there's always the possibility that your sis' setup would work fine. Really depends on the set. Some tv's do a good job minimizing lag and others are lousy.

Be prepared to make some tweaks and happy if you don't hafta do a thing

Edited by rbarba4, 27 December 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#1685 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

I thought I had missed out on the Akai pedal deals and was kicking myself. Well today I came away with a good haul. Three phone calls and two successful orders later I managed to get five pedals from music123 with the 123% price match (sort of).

My first order was for one each of the Tri-Mode Distortion, Fuzz, and Overdrive pedals, priced at music123 at $179 and $40 at akaipro.com. Price matched price should have been $8.02 ea. They wouldn't go for it but came back with an offer of $10.73 ea. I didn't argue and placed my order.

Next order was for the Deluxe Distortion and Phase Shift (love me some phase shift). The first time I called for this order they tried to tell me the 123% ended on the 23rd. I pointed out that it still shows on the site and does not indicate an end date. They say ok but then tell me Akai is out of stock of the deluxe distortion (they aren't) and he'd check to see if he could still do it and call back (instead if place me on hold? Weird) Anyway, on my next try they approved it and for the full discount. Deluxe Dist for $22.17 and Phase Shift for $26.42.

In total, $80.77 for 5 analog pedals. It took time and convincing to get these prices though. And they had to be reminded of the 123% price match on all three phone calls. But if your willing to put in the work, I think I got a pretty smokin deal

#1686 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

Crap, those are some awesome deals on the pedals and I'd love to get some, but I'm just way to busy with a new kid in the house to take the time to do that sort of price matching. If anyone can get some extras on any of those deals, I'd be willing to pay you a 25% service charge + shipping for distortion, fuzz, distortion or phase shift pedal. PM me if you're interested in helping out a fellow CAG. If not, oh well, I guess I'll save the money.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#1687 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

I'm thinking about buying a new bass. I have a really cheap Silvertone I bought about 8-9 years ago, looking for a slight upgrade. My wishlist is: Have a full 24 reachable frets, be any color other than solid black, and be a respectable brand name/quality while still being under $250. I found this Yamaha RBX170 on Amazon, looks like it's $153 after discount. What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger, or wait for a better deal on a slightly better model? Thanks!

http://www.amazon.co...pd_sim_sbs_MI_6

#1688 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

A couple AXL guitar deals thru Amazon:
AXL Headliner strat for $82.50
http://www.amazon.co...6676130&sr=1-28
AXL Marquee strat for $89.94
http://www.amazon.co...6676130&sr=1-38

I'm thinking about buying a new bass. I have a really cheap Silvertone I bought about 8-9 years ago, looking for a slight upgrade. My wishlist is: Have a full 24 reachable frets, be any color other than solid black, and be a respectable brand name/quality while still being under $250. I found this Yamaha RBX170 on Amazon, looks like it's $153 after discount. What do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger, or wait for a better deal on a slightly better model? Thanks!

http://www.amazon.co...pd_sim_sbs_MI_6

You just missed out on a couple of bass deals on Amazon from 12/24. There were a couple schecter omens around 200. They also put the yamaha 374 model at about 195 + the extra 15% discount (making it 175)

But if ya go for the RBX170, check out Bestbuy. They were clearing out the silver and red models for 125-135 (varied by color). At this point, you'll hafta see if it's in stock locally. Or at least try to PM the Amazon price at someplace like Music123 to get it for a little less.

You could also research the BC Rich Eagle masterpiece bass. Hello music has'em for $268. And I there's a 25off coupon floating around: XMAS25.
http://www.hellomusi...rpiece-sunburst

EDIT: here's another bass from Musicians Friend; Schecter Raiden deluxe in silver for $199
http://www.musicians...423754000001000
Good luck

Edited by rbarba4, 28 December 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#1689 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

In total, $80.77 for 5 analog pedals. It took time and convincing to get these prices though. And they had to be reminded of the 123% price match on all three phone calls. But if your willing to put in the work, I think I got a pretty smokin deal

And, from what I've played through them, they are some good sounding pedals. Really pretty amazing that these kinds of deals are out there on analog pedals. I have 2 overdrives, a distortion and a fuzz. Probably going to price match a deluxe distortion and a phase shifter today to get all the ones that are super cheap. I bought 3 through M123 and the fuzz through MF because they were still doing the 50% price match. So that one I spent $40, but am getting $70 in certificates. The only issue I had with any of the phone matches I did with M123 are they they took a LONG time on the phone. They were good about it, though.

Between the Best Buy guitar clearance, the Amazon straps and picks and these pedals, I'm set for a while on music stuff :) Until the next crazy deal comes along, anyway ;)

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#1690 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Wow am I glad the musciansfriend 150% price deal is over. Looking back at the totals I feel like a jerk now. Paid 193.39 for four pedals and got $265 in gift certificates. Then through some miss charges and finding even cheaper prices I got $58.36 back and an additional $30 in gift certificates.

In the end I spent $133.97 got 4 pedals and $295 in gift certificates. I gave away a few of my certificates and one of the pedals. So I feel a little better.

#1691 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

crazedracerguy

Would you say the best strat is the SSS style? I got three humbuckers guitars and to single coil on my ibanez I really weak. So I figured an all single coil stratocaster would be the way to go.

Also wich would you choose
$41 fendard standard strat +40 for noiseless pickups alo new

OR

An american standard for $325

Trying to figure out what to get and other than a schecter bass and gibson nighthawk or some random semi hollow the strat is the only thing I really want. None of the colors really do it for me so would probably get Olympic white or charcoal frost.

By chance have you seen a charcoal frost metalic. The dean I had was metalic black but really just had little sparkles in it that really did not like. If the fender is like that I would definetly go with the white. I just wished they had seafoan green sonic blue or daphne blue in them other than the squires.

Edited by drastion, 29 December 2012 - 01:13 AM.

#1692 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

In the end I spent $133.97 got 4 pedals and $295 in gift certificates. I gave away a few of my certificates and one of the pedals. So I feel a little better.

Yeah. I only did $80 of stuff, but I got $135 in GCs, which will all but cover the cost of my SKB case for the Jaguar! Nice! I bet they don't do that next year ;)

crazedracerguy

Would you say the best strat is the SSS style?

Also wich would you choose
$41 fendard standard strat +40 for noiseless pickups alo new

OR

An american standard for $325

By chance have you seen a charcoal frost metalic. The dean I had was metalic black but really just had little sparkles in it that really did not like. If the fender is like that I would definetly go with the white. I just wished they had seafoan green sonic blue or daphne blue in them other than the squires.

I like the SSS configuration. That's what mine is. As far as pickups, I'm kind of a traditionalist. I like SS in strat and lipstick and hb in a tele.

Are those your costs after GCs? If it only cost me $325, I'd go American.
TBH, noiseless pickups are taking away part of the allure of a Strat. It's supposed to be noisy. Unless you're Eric Johnson or something.

I'd want that Charcoal Frost Metallic. My Tele is Agave Blue Metallic. I like the little bit of metallic flake in the paint. I will always go for the weird color if given the chance. Unless you find a black American Tele for $475, then I was fine with black :) I just like to stick out, I guess.

Currently Playing:

#1693 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

EDIT: Here's a deal for any lefty players
AXL Headliner (left handed) @ $81.60
http://www.amazon.co...6753356&sr=1-23
EDIT 2: here's a deal for any Thor fans
http://www.amazon.co...d_sim_sbs_MI_48
Not bad for $97.45, since it looks to be the full-size model instead of the shorty ones. Probably gonna need alot of TLC to get it to play nice

http://www.music123....ove-leather-pad

Got my two straps today and pretty nice overall.

The padding is stitched on and solidifies things up quite a bit. And it pretty much makes it into a 2.5" wide strap. Only gripe is around the ends (where there's NO padding). Seems too flimsy. Don't know how durable they'll be. Guess there's only one way to find out

I'd want that Charcoal Frost Metallic. My Tele is Agave Blue Metallic. I like the little bit of metallic flake in the paint. I will always go for the weird color if given the chance. Unless you find a black American Tele for $475, then I was fine with black :) I just like to stick out, I guess.

Nice.
Kinda the same way with me in wanting the more unique/oddball models. The silverburst firebird hit both points for me. Liked it so much that I even thought of grabbing another FB just to drop some p90s into it

Out of the BB deals, I was most interested in the montego black strat, blizzard pearl tele and LPB bass

Traditional teles, strats, LPs don't excite me as much. Maybe that'll change as I improve. Knowing me, not likely:cold:. Hafta like what I'm buying or else I won't use it

Edited by rbarba4, 29 December 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#1694 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

looks like that best buy deal is good enough for me...time to crack out my fender p bass :)

596772.png

#1695 iwannadie

iwannadie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Figures amazon drops the price, I just ordered it a few days ago. I emailed and they refunded me the $20 though no questions, love amazon.

Now to actually practice my bass ha.
Posted Image

#1696 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

LOL... So $84 total got me from Musician's Friend:

SKB Jaguar Hard Case 139.99
Akai Fuzz Pedal 179.99
Perris Italian Suede Black 44.99
Perris Italian Suede Brown 44.99
Perris Italian Suede Tobacco 44.99
Planet Waves Celluglow 100 pk 27.99

That's an 83% discount from retail :applause:

Thank you, Musician's Friend!

Currently Playing:

#1697 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Anyone else noticed that Monoprice is selling cheapy guitars now? 90 for a Strat clone, 130 for an LP clone, both are basswood bodies with bolted necks. Only the Strats are available now but the 20% coupon if you signed up for their mailing list or whatever that expires 12/31 works on them too.

#1698 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Never saw those before. The best clones/bang for the buck guitars I have read about are strats - jay turser les paul - agile

Some of those guitars at rondomusic.com look amazing for the price. If I had not gotten such a deal on my prs I would have gone with an agile.

#1699 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

I just love guilted maple

www.rondomusic.com/photos/electric/hawkerwilkensontribalgreen1.jpg

www.rondomusic.com/hawkerwilktribalgreen.html

www.rondomusic.com/photos/electric/al3110tribalpurple1.jpg

www.rondomusic.com/product5532.html

#1700 DeSquared

DeSquared

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Picked up Rocksmith (original version) no bass today for $19.95. Looks like they're clearing it out.

http://www.walmart.c...th-PS3/16637674

Shows instore only for me.

#1701 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Amazon has the PC version of Rocksmith on sale for $38
http://www.amazon.co...words=rocksmith
This is the retail PC version, which means it comes with the cable. Just be aware that there was a problem at launch with the PC version missing cd unlock keys. So you may hafta call Ubi to get the unlock key

Anyone else noticed that Monoprice is selling cheapy guitars now? 90 for a Strat clone, 130 for an LP clone, both are basswood bodies with bolted necks. Only the Strats are available now but the 20% coupon if you signed up for their mailing list or whatever that expires 12/31 works on them too.

That's crazy and awesome at the same time. Wouldn't mind trying either the strats or LPs. And Monoprice is good about replacing faulty items so I'd chance it if I was in the market for one

Hey, if any CAGs want to, you get a group buy going and get'em for a discounted rate:lol:

#1702 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Also a small PSA, if anyone bought into the $50 MF voucher at Living Social back in November it expires on 1/7/13, so start thinking about how you're gonna use it if you haven't.

#1703 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Psybuster

Was that a unique code for that 20% discount? I need to get some pedal patch cables and for the price the monoprice ones look to be the best deal especially if I could get that code.

#1704 aFrostyONE

aFrostyONE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Also a small PSA, if anyone bought into the $50 MF voucher at Living Social back in November it expires on 1/7/13, so start thinking about how you're gonna use it if you haven't.

Man, forgot about the deadline on those cuz I didn't wait too long to use mine up:). First one went towards and SG case for my Wilshire. And used the other on BF for the Greta amp. Didn't do too bad; about 110 real world money got me about 200 in stuff and all before the crazy Holiday PM policy

Would need to double-check but I think you lose the bonus amount and not the original amount you paid. So your 50gc kinda reverts to a pre-paid 25 card

Psybuster

Was that a unique code for that 20% discount? I need to get some pedal patch cables and for the price the monoprice ones look to be the best deal especially if I could get that code.

It was an old deal where you pay $25 for a 50giftcard. It popped up in Sept or Oct, I think

#1705 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

The Monoprice coupon is not unique, it's just "Incentive"

YMMV on whether it actually works without signing up for their mailing list thing. Try to sign up here if it's needed.
http://www.monoprice...centive_q4_2012

#1706 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Hmm... I put my account in and signed up for the news letter but it didn't seem to work. Tried the link you posted didn't seem to do much. Did you get an email right away with the code?

I have tried umpteen times I think it might be my browser.

Edited by drastion, 31 December 2012 - 06:11 AM.

#1707 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Picked up Rocksmith (original version) no bass today for $19.95. Looks like they're clearing it out.

http://www.walmart.c...th-PS3/16637674

Shows instore only for me.

A local store had 1 and I picked it up for $20. Thanks for the heads up!

#1708 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Drastion I can't pm from phone for some reason but I couldnt get it to work for you either, that link came from my own email so it may have some kind of tracking to it that makes it invalid for others.

#1709 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for trying. I will be borrowing my friend my amp for a while since he has a house and I have a paper made apartment. That and for some reason I like playing unplugged. Convient quiet and helps me concentrate on how I am playing.

#1710 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Total impulse buy but I have one of those Monoprice strat clones in red coming soon...will give impressions later of playing it out of the box since they claim every one of them is set-up before shipping and since I only live about an hour away from them there shouldn't be any undoing of said set-up by the time it gets here.