Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals ** New DLC Day! - various Yacht Rock (like the Pina Colada song) **

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3583 replies to this topic

#2041 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

damn it sold out before I could ask if it would fit my ultracure :cry:

I have the one with black and red stitching from HM. Fits my PRS... Would have liked this purple one. Would have looked wicked with my Paul Allender SE...

They're nice cases. It fits a little weird because of it being universal. The pillow helps to stabilize the axe, though, it seems.

#2042 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Opinion on the Ibanez AX 120? I can get one used for $50-70.

#2043 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Amazon has the Jay Turser 300 strat for $73.xx in ivory
http://www.amazon.co..._cmu_pg__header
Mighta put in an order for the silver one.
2bucks after credits... why not:)

And like others already posted, Rocksmith (new version) is $30 this week at Gamestop.
Available for 360, ps3, PC
Amazon has it for $30 on 360 only

Opinion on the Ibanez AX 120? I can get one used for $50-70.

Never played one, but here are a bunch of opinions:

http://www.ultimate-...x120/index.html

Edited by rbarba4, 22 February 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#2044 drastion

drastion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Anyone looking for some strings. Ten sets for $17. Great deal at less than $2 a set.

www.bestbuy.com/site/D'Addario+-+Nickel+Super+Light+Electric+Guitar+Strings+(10-Pack)/9378764.p;jsessionid=A1A11C8ED9DA0040ADA6D460B50746D0.bbolsp-app04-115?id=1218109006152&skuId=9378764

#2045 bar2112

bar2112

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Quick question. I just bought RS last week at gamestop with some store credit for $60 bones. Any chance I can get the $30 back, since it went on sale this week for $30?

Wishful thinking I know, but I ask because I know BBY and such give you back the difference. I would assume GS would tell me im S.O.L. right? Don't laugh to hard if this is funny to you!

#2046 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

If they don't just buy a new copy then return it using the old 60 dollar receipt.

#2047 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Here's a nice one-off deal:
Rocksmith guitar bundle
http://www.ebay.com/...=item5653516666
current bid's at $22
Not sure, but game version looks like the PC. Pretty sweet pickup if it doesn't go all wacko.

#2048 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

http://www.music123....h-free-baseball

Fender 3 pack of strings with free baseball for 9.99. Pretty good price for 3 sets of strings... The ball is cool... $33.49 shipping if you buy it alone. Amazon seller is selling for $14.95 + $6.95 Shipping.

Musicians Friend is the same price, if you have credit there or something.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#2049 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

A sorta half-ass
New DLC Day!!!
*Anna Molly - Incubus
*Wish You Were Here - Incubus
if there's a third song, let me know cuz I'm not seeing it.
EDIT: thanks to Not_Taken for finding 3rd song
*Love Hurts - Incubus
So if you want the song pack discount, wait for them to release the 3rd song

---------- ---------- ----------- ------------
Got my silver Turser last night. I'll post pics, eventually but here's the one I'm talking about.
http://www.amazon.co...8517221-3027634
Only real gripe are the fret ends. They're not sharp but could use some more smoothing.
Otherwise, it's really nice: good action, solid tuners, D'addario strings (and they're still fresh).
Happy NGD to me and it was only 2bucks, after my credits;). Played it for a few songs and so far so good.

Really a good buy and you should pick one up if you're on the fence. The ivory model is still in the 70 range. Only real diff is the rosewood fretboard.

Edited by rbarba4, 28 February 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#2050 Not_Taken

Not_Taken

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Third song is Love Hurts from Incubus, it's available on the PC, but it got delayed on the consoles.

http://theherofeed.c...lc-226-incubus/

#2051 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

For those of you that might be interested in it, Costco has this set for $19.98 in store. If it's anything like the lessons on jamplay.com, they're probably pretty good.

http://www.amazon.co...rds=jamplay dvd

Posted Image

I think that here in a couple of weeks, I may just splurge and do the monthly membership for a few months to see how much I like it.

Currently Playing:

#2052 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Gamestop sale is over. But Amazon and Target-online are stepping up with a Rocksmith sale at $39.99 for the 360 & PS3 versions.This is for the guitar+bass release, aka New Version.

For those of you that might be interested in it, Costco has this set for $19.98 in store. If it's anything like the lessons on jamplay.com, they're probably pretty good.

Checked my local CC last night and didn't find it. Gonna see if the other location has it
Curious to see what it's like.

#2053 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image

I think that here in a couple of weeks, I may just splurge and do the monthly membership for a few months to see how much I like it.

Jamplay is great when you're first starting. Still sign up for a month here and there.

#2054 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'm curious to hear what you guys used your $20 musicians friend gift cert on. I was trying to get a pedal or a powered pedal board. The only pedals in the $20-30 range were Fab & Behringer, which I've read mostly very bad reviews on. And the cheapest pedal boards were $100. Even after $20 that isn't the best deal I've seen. So I got a mic boom, two 6" patch cables, a dozen Clayton pics, and a pack of 6 "bass" pics. I'm curious how different those will be.

My free $20 wound up costing me $7.95.

#2055 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

I'm curious to hear what you guys used your $20 musicians friend gift cert on. I was trying to get a pedal or a powered pedal board. The only pedals in the $20-30 range were Fab & Behringer, which I've read mostly very bad reviews on. And the cheapest pedal boards were $100. Even after $20 that isn't the best deal I've seen. So I got a mic boom, two 6" patch cables, a dozen Clayton pics, and a pack of 6 "bass" pics. I'm curious how different those will be.

My free $20 wound up costing me $7.95.

I forgot about my free $10 is what happened :-#

#2056 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Anyone in here near Charlotte, NC or Sandusky, OH (and still interested in trying out a Squier Rock Band guitar)???

I got a $10 GC from a survey a while back. It ended up costing me an extra $25 because I bought 3 books... I didn't get one of those $20 GCs... Like Rbarb4, I guess they figured I didn't need one since they just shipped me a $150 SKB Jaguar case for $5 out of pocket due to price match certs ;)

Currently Playing:

#2057 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

I didn't even think about books. I could have got my mic boom and this Dethklok Dethalbum Tab & DVD instead of pics I don't need

#2058 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Mickey Fickey, Amazon went and dropped the trans-blue Jay Turser to $66 and change.
http://www.amazon.co...2382595&sr=1-35
That's lower than my silver model. But hell, couldn't resist the sparkle.

Speaking of which, the issue I mentioned with the fret ends disappeared. Seems like it just needed more moisture than it could find in that Arizona warehouse.

#2059 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Scored an Epiphone Les Paul Goth with Gator hard case and Fender Mustang Mini amp for $200! I'm pretty stoked as the amp and hard case alone are $200 bnew. So it's like getting the les paul for free! :bouncy:

Everything was in like new condition. It was an impulse buy by the seller and he just really couldn't get into playing the guitar.

Really loving the Goth's all black satin finish and it's plays great! I was pleasantly surprised that it had a killpot switch built into one of the tone pots too!

#2060 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Scored an Epiphone Les Paul Goth with Gator hard case and Fender Mustang Mini amp for $200! I'm pretty stoked as the amp and hard case alone are $200 bnew. So it's like getting the les paul for free! :bouncy:

Everything was in like new condition. It was an impulse buy by the seller and he just really couldn't get into playing the guitar.

Really loving the Goth's all black satin finish and it's plays great! I was pleasantly surprised that it had a killpot switch built into one of the tone pots too!

I have that guitar as well and it's just awesome. It plays as well as the mid level Gibsons, except the highs are just a little bit dimmer. The pictures they put on the websites don't do it justice at all.

That's an awesome deal. I got mine for like $280 for the guitar alone. Nicely done!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2061 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Anyone in here near Charlotte, NC or Sandusky, OH (and still interested in trying out a Squier Rock Band guitar)???

Holy crap. . . another Charlotte CAG? I think there are only about 5 of us. I have my own p.o.s. rock band squier, though ;)

#2062 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

The pictures they put on the websites don't do it justice at all.

Exactly. It's much much better in the flesh so to speak. Good thing I didn't bite on Guitar Center and Sam Ash's promos last week (which will make it ~$300 + tax for the guitar alone). I also prefer using the bridge pup so far.

Got it from Craigslist. He was originally asking $240 for the bundle, but I was able to negotiate it down to $200.

Price seemed too good to be true, that the night before meeting up, I had a nagging feeling that he might be selling a fake Epiphone. MyLesPaul.com has an extensive thread on fake Epiphones so I read up on that arming myself knowledge on how to spot a fake one.

Let's just say I was both relieved and excited that it was genuine and in like new condition. Also when I got home, I opened the Gator case compartment and I found a pack full of Fender picks, a set of Ernie Ball Slinkys, the guitar manual, strap and allen wrench. :)

Edited by Chedeng88, 04 March 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#2063 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Holy crap. . . another Charlotte CAG? I think there are only about 5 of us. I have my own p.o.s. rock band squier, though ;)

No - I just searched for every store up to about 7 hours away for the Squiers... I won't get to Charlotte for a looong time... Figured someone else may want to try out pro mode. I looked in RB this weekend and saw that I have 87 songs with Pro Guitar... Figured what the hell, why not try it out? Not like it's going to cost me a dime to do so.

Currently Playing:

#2064 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Don't know how many of you are flippers... I looked at the PUR website yesterday just to see what points I had and what I could get They have 1 month unlimited JamPlay memberships for 3,000 points. May not be a bad option if you're interested in seeing what it's all about. Usually, a month costs $19.99...

Currently Playing:

#2065 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

This is the completionist edition of
New DLC Day!!!
*Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
*Cult of Personality - Living Colour
*Burnin' for You - Blue Oyster Cult
and this third B.O.C. song triggered a song pack (which includes two previous DLC songs by Blue Oyster Cult).
xbox link: http://marketplace.x...15-d80255530873

#2066 thecatinthehat

thecatinthehat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

*Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes

Totally buying this one.

Does anyone know how long Rocksmith will continue to support DLC songs? Also, is there anywhere that these DLC listings leak before the songs are released?

#2067 Tabe

Tabe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Totally buying this one.

Does anyone know how long Rocksmith will continue to support DLC songs? Also, is there anywhere that these DLC listings leak before the songs are released?

I imagine they'll be doing DLC for quite awhile.

If you're friends with Rocksmith on Facebook, they leak all of the DLC songs in the days prior to the release on Tuesday.

As for me, I'm all over the "Cult of Personality" and "Burnin' For You" DLC.

Tabe

#2068 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

I don't think you'll see the end of RS DLC for a while. There's no talk of a sequel and no talk of porting to the PS4 or 720... They just released to Europe a few months back. I figure we're good through the end of the year, at least.

Currently Playing:

#2069 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Gonna throw out a few bass deals if anyone's still interested:
AMS's deal of the day is for the Kramer Striker bass, in red, at $149.95
http://www.americanm...Feeds/Ndnd.aspx
Amazon has two Jay Turser bass guitars out there.
First there's the p-bass copy at $85 (looks to be 3/4 size bass)
http://www.amazon.co...jay turser bass
Second there's the jazz bass copy at $105.56
http://www.amazon.co...jay turser bass

And if you wanna play a joke on someone, buy the Demon Blade bass guitar @ $10:)
http://www.amazon.co...d_sim_sbs_vg_10

I don't think you'll see the end of RS DLC for a while. There's no talk of a sequel and no talk of porting to the PS4 or 720... They just released to Europe a few months back. I figure we're good through the end of the year, at least.

Yeah, and it's also a good sign that they're doing DLC releases every week now. Used to be they'd release DLC every 2-3 weeks

#2070 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, and it's also a good sign that they're doing DLC releases every week now. Used to be they'd release DLC every 2-3 weeks

This week was the end of weekly DLC. Back to bi-weekly now (hence the lack of hint this week)...

Currently Playing: