Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rocksmith 2014 Deals** This weeks DLC is Garbage, don't believe me? See for yourself :p**

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

• Please log in to reply
3369 replies to this topic

#2071 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

This week was the end of weekly DLC. Back to bi-weekly now (hence the lack of hint this week)...

D'oh!!!#-o

#2072 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Looks like a Cure pack 8-)

#2073 Esoteria

Esoteria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yay, Burnin' for You. I was hoping they'd release this after seeing the (inferior) Godzilla and Reaper come along.

Now if they'll just put out some more of Boston's stuff from their original record. Who *doesn't* want to play Peace of Mind, Smokin', or Foreplay/Long Time? And we know they can get it done since More Than a Feeling is already available.

Also, anyone else at the beginner/intermediate level finding No Rain is a lot of fun?

#2074 YoJoeCool

YoJoeCool

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

The digital PC copy is $19.49 on Steam and Amazon right now. Of course you'll need the cable, but not a bad price for those who missed out when it was $15 a couple months ago.

#2075 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Steam leaked more DLC.

Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
Billy Idol - White Wedding
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Rise Against - Good Left Undone
Vines - Get Free
Modest Mouse - Float On
Sweet - Ballroom Blitz
Allman Brothers - Southbound
CCR - Have You Ever Seen The Rain

Upcoming DLC packs - not in any order... Some may skip weeks in between, but this is a good part of it...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#2076 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

):Why are all the good DLC songs ones I already know how to play
A chilled bottom is the root of all illness.

#2077 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Steam leaked more DLC.

Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
Billy Idol - White Wedding
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Rise Against - Good Left Undone
Vines - Get Free
Modest Mouse - Float On
Sweet - Ballroom Blitz
Allman Brothers - Southbound
CCR - Have You Ever Seen The Rain

Upcoming DLC packs - not in any order... Some may skip weeks in between, but this is a good part of it...

Ooh... interesting mix there.

Wonder if they're working on band 3-packs for any of those

#2078 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Looks like a Cure pack 8-)

It's official,
New DLC Day!!!
*Just Like Heaven - The Cure
*Lovesong - The Cure
*The End of the World - The Cure
and there's a Cure 3-pack for a slight discount

And if you're still on the hunt for any of those Akai pedals, today's Stupid Deal is for the Deluxe Distortion pedal at $50
http://www.musicians...id/?icid=200510
You can try to PM somewhere else, just harder to do with these special offers

#2079 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I downloaded Lovesong and Just Like Heaven...End of the World does nothing for me and I'm a huge Cure fan.

#2080 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

I downloaded Lovesong and Just Like Heaven...End of the World does nothing for me and I'm a huge Cure fan.

Yup, see whatcha mean. I remember "love" and "heaven" songs; just didn't remember their titles. "World" is bleh.

Did a quick run of Lovesong last night and scored ok for a song I hadn't ever played. Think it'll be real fun once I learn it.

I'll get to "heaven" once I load up some more MS points

#2081 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Sometimes, you have to love the ineptitude of best buy employees... Drove up north to the music BB 60 miles out to pick up 2 $150 SKB Fender cases that were on clearance for $79 each. They had 2, but no tags anywhere on them. The guy said "how much you want to pay?". I laughed it off. He said "No really, how much do you want to pay?" I said I thought they were like 50 bucks. He said "how about 40 a piece?"...

After a little Shopkick love, I paid $75 out of pocket for $300 worth of SKB hard case goodness. Is it any wonder I love Best Buy?

#2082 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Shamelessly stolen from another site:
Fender mustang 1 amp for $79 (normally 110).
http://www.bestbuy.c...=5145721&loc=01
I have the g-dec3 amp, which is similar in that they both can access FUSE software. Basically lets you dial in any tone you want

Is it any wonder I love Best Buy?

Nice score. Why don't I get that same love around here.

#2083 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Sometimes, you have to love the ineptitude of best buy employees... Drove up north to the music BB 60 miles out to pick up 2 $150 SKB Fender cases that were on clearance for $79 each. They had 2, but no tags anywhere on them. The guy said "how much you want to pay?". I laughed it off. He said "No really, how much do you want to pay?" I said I thought they were like 50 bucks. He said "how about 40 a piece?"...

After a little Shopkick love, I paid $75 out of pocket for $300 worth of SKB hard case goodness. Is it any wonder I love Best Buy?

I was recently at a BB and there were hardly any employees on the floor (unlike my typical experience where I'm asked if I need help every other aisle). I suspect they may be laying people off due to poor sales and those that are left don't give a damn because they assume they are next. Then again, who really knows.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#2084 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

I took another look at the last really good Fender deal they had - my one store had a '50's Classic Series Road Worn Stratocaster for $405. I don;t know what they did to it - my guess is that they hung it up high and the heat from the can light they had up there warped the pickguard - but warped it SO badly that when it buckled, it ripped the screws out that were holding the middle pickup. What a waste - it'd probably be $100 or more to fix all that damage. I won't be buying that one...

Currently Playing:

#2085 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Welp, it's another
New DLC Day!!!
but only for one song (which helped trigger an Incubus song pack.
*Love Hurts - Incubus
Incubus 3-pack now available too(Wish you were here, Anna Molly, Love Hurts)

Guitar Center's weekly IN-Store deal is for the Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 @ $385
http://www.guitarcen...eal-g25903t0.gc

Also noticed that BestBuy reloaded their in-store clearance of Musical Instruments. More good deals to be had, just not insanely good;). Saw a couple MIM Fenders that were $130 off; would be good if it weren't for Fender's current sale which has most stores knocking $100 off similar models
Might be a sign that they're finally gonna do away with the MI dept.

I What a waste - it'd probably be $100 or more to fix all that damage.

Could be worth it if they'll drop the price by at least that much and there isn't any other damage

#2086 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Could be worth it if they'll drop the price by at least that much and there isn't any other damage

Not sure what was underneath the pick guard. Problem is, it's a road worn pick guard, you'd have to replace that with something else ($40 for an original Fender one). ALL the pickguard AND pick up screws would have to be cored and redrilled. I can't even imagine doing all that...

I saw where BB had restocked a bit. Some of the deals are not as good as the same guitars were in November, but they appear to be more available. May be one or two I'd consider... Will probably wait to see if they drop further. I really need to get a multi effects pedal, at this point. Probably an HD500... They seem to be well reviewed and very versatile.

Currently Playing:

#2087 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

ALL the pickguard AND pick up screws would have to be cored and redrilled. I can't even imagine doing all that...

For the right price and if I liked it enough to keep, I'd just use the ole toothpick+elmers glue trick and be happy.

But yeah, who knows what else may be messed up.

#2088 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Finally! Rocksmith deals are popping up again:

Both deals are for the Guitar+Bass version (aka NEW version)
Amazon: $30 each for the 360 & PS3 versions, sorry PC
http://www.amazon.co...words=rocksmith
Target On-line: $30 each for 360 & PS3 versions
http://www.target.co..._sbox_rocksmith

And Amazon has another Jay Turser on sale. This time it's their take on the telecaster @ $90
http://www.amazon.co...jay turser tele

#2089 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

I swear I remember somebody talking about this guitar a while back. Amazon warehouse has the Dean Vendetta XM w/tremolo for $59.05 and $62.33. They are listed as used in good and like new condition, respectively. Not something I'm interested in, but maybe somebody else here would be

#2090 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

(in your best announcer voice)
"Today's New DLC Day is brought to you
by Wayne's World... Party on Wayne aaand Party on Garth"

*Ballroom Blitz - Sweet
*Have You Ever Seen the Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival
*Southbound - The Allman Brothers Band
and Southbound triggered an Allman Brothers DLC pack

I know which one I'm downloading ;)

#2091 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

Some kind of Guitar Center sponsored NAMM-like show tomorrow in Long Beach, CA, called Musician's Expo. 10 bucks to get in, first of its kind...debating whether it's worth spending the day there as the dealers supposedly will sell stuff there too.

#2092 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Found a PS3 bundle at Sam's Club for only $62.71!

Posted Image

#2093 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Posted Image

dang, would buy that just for the guitar:drool:
A chilled bottom is the root of all illness.

#2094 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Nice deal! I would have picked that up, definitely. So did you get it?

Currently Playing:

#2095 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Nice deal! I would have picked that up, definitely. So did you get it?

Yup, the guitar alone is worth 90 bucks at least.

#2096 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yup, the guitar alone is worth 90 bucks at least.

It's certainly a capable starter guitar. Have you played before?

Currently Playing:

#2097 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

Went to the musicians expo...feel like I paid 20 bucks to enter a supersized guitar center, guess I shouldnt be surprised given it was hosted by them. Best deal was 100 off limited color choices for mim starts :( I actually went hoping to score a decent drum e-kit at a discount but Roland didn't want to give any out, just a free battery pack or something...not that drum kits are exactly portable in the first place. I like the new mystic blue and red fender colors though, very sparkly metallic colors that fade into darker shades pike their midnight colors.

#2098 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

It's certainly a capable starter guitar. Have you played before?

Yes, I've been playing for a while. My main axes are an ESP/LTD EC-1000 and Epiphone Les Paul Goth.

#2099 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

Nice find8-)

Have a cherryburst and transblue and dig'em both.
Don't know how the quality of these pack-in models compare. But worth finding out at that price

Went to the musicians expo...feel like I paid 20 bucks to enter a supersized guitar center, guess I shouldnt be surprised given it was hosted by them. Best deal was 100 off limited color choices for mim starts :( I actually went hoping to score a decent drum e-kit at a discount but Roland didn't want to give any out, just a free battery pack or something...not that drum kits are exactly portable in the first place. I like the new mystic blue and red fender colors though, very sparkly metallic colors that fade into darker shades pike their midnight colors.

Was thinking of going but had to work part of the day. Sooo, guess I didn't miss much.
Sorta reminds me of some mega-vendor sale at the Shrine maaany years ago. Turned out to be a bunch of swap-meet sellers and a few mom&pop shops who were overpricing most things

#2100 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm feelin' BASS-y

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Just saw that M123 has the Rogue bass for under 100.
Rogue LX200b http://www.music123....tar?src=ZTP3D8A
The metallic blue is $96
The black is $99

Might be worthwhile as a starter bass

And I'm finally gonna get my Roadrunner graphite case from WWBW. Ordered the damn thing last summer, when they priced'em around $40. Only took'em 8months, + a couple of attempts by them to cancel the order, to get it:roll:
Only put up with it for sooo long cuz it was paid off with store credit (from some of their other screw-ups)
If you're curious, it's this one
http://www.wwbw.com/...7-i2007948.wwbw

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rocksmith, Rocksmith 2014, Guitar, Bass, real guitar, real bass