[PS Vita] Gravity Rush - June 12th, 2012

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
gravityrush.png

OVERVIEW:

Prepare yourself for a new perspective in Gravity Rush. Take gravity into your own hands as you take the role of a heroine seeking her past and the means to protect her future in a world that's falling apart. Shift from streets to walls and buildings as you manipulate gravity to save a city from its enemies and perils.

Developer: SCE Studios Japan
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Genre: Action
Release date:
  • June 12th, 2012

PREVIEWS:

SCREENSHOTS:

VIDEOS:

[youtube]Ecp-RTtmtX8[/youtube]

Amazon DLC for all preorders...
Military Costume and 4 Missions
B0050SW1WW.pt10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JDTAY']Do want.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My list of game is ever growing as we close in on the NA release...still 2 months left, my wallet already weeps.

I prefer to original name "Gravity Daze," but it still looks no less epic!

Though a small touch, I'm a big fan of the 3D comics. I hope you can dodge without needing to swipe the screen every time....

[quote name='Pend']Want this more then the others.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Hot Shots Golf the other day, but right now I'm eyeing Gravity Rush/Daze closely. I'm between that or Persona 4. I'd like some sort of RPG to be honest so depending on the RPGs available in Feb. I may get Gravity should options prove limited.

[quote name='SynGamer']I ordered Hot Shots Golf the other day, but right now I'm eyeing Gravity Rush/Daze closely. I'm between that or Persona 4. I'd like some sort of RPG to be honest so depending on the RPGs available in Feb. I may get Gravity should options prove limited.[/QUOTE]

Persona 4 won't be out for a while. It's not coming out until Spring in Japan.

[quote name='jello44']Persona 4 won't be out for a while. It's not coming out until Spring in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Ouch...I just checked known PS Vita games and most of the currently announced RPGs are slated for release "sometime" in 2012. Looks like I'll be getting Gravity Rush then.

Definitely looking pretty cool. The animations look great and everything, looking to be pretty promising.

Added preorder bonus from amazon to OP.

Can a mod change the title please? Apparently you cant from the wiki editor.

For all you guys in the US, there is a way to play an English demo that honestly doesn't take too long to accomplish. I've already completed the demo and it is rather short but at least you can get a taste!

Video for creating a Japanese PSN account on PC (the video shows how to to a Japanese account, but you can actually do the exact same thing but create an account for Hong Kong instead so that everything is in English): http://youtu.be/0nNSVg-O5uI

Video for activating the new JP account on your Vita: http://youtu.be/bPrepSGkZeo

[quote name='Binary001']For all you guys in the US, there is a way to play an English demo that honestly doesn't take too long to accomplish. I've already completed the demo and it is rather short but at least you can get a taste!

Video for creating a Japanese PSN account on PC (the video shows how to to a Japanese account, but you can actually do the exact same thing but create an account for Hong Kong instead so that everything is in English): http://youtu.be/0nNSVg-O5uI

Video for activating the new JP account on your Vita: http://youtu.be/bPrepSGkZeo[/QUOTE]

thanks. probably going to try this later tonight.

[quote name='DCpinoy']is the gamestop preorder DLC the same as the one from Amazon? Right now I have a 12 dollar pre-order at gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I made sure to ask the last time I went into the store since I had already preordered on Amazon and they confirmed that they are the same.

[quote name='Binary001']I made sure to ask the last time I went into the store since I had already preordered on Amazon and they confirmed that they are the same.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks for the info bro.

[quote name='Binary001']For all you guys in the US, there is a way to play an English demo that honestly doesn't take too long to accomplish. I've already completed the demo and it is rather short but at least you can get a taste!

Video for activating the new JP account on your Vita: http://youtu.be/bPrepSGkZeo[/QUOTE]

Thanks downloaded it. Super short. But cool.

The only thing that kinda rubs me the wrong way is my near miles traveled will get wiped (right?). I just went to Europe and all those meaningless miles will be gone! :lol:

[quote name='humidore']The only thing that kinda rubs me the wrong way is my near miles traveled will get wiped (right?). I just went to Europe and all those meaningless miles will be gone! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes. All near info will be wiped. For some that may be a problem or a big deal. Luckily most of us don't care. :D

The demo literally gives you a tiny taste and nothing more, but it was still worth it to take a max of 30 minutes to do the process on the Vita. Enjoyed the Ragnarok demo too.

ShopToNews Review - http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/05/24/gravity-rush-review/

As soon as you lay eyes on Gravity Rush you’ll be begging for Sony to release more games like it on the PlayStation Vita. It’s the title that the machine has been begging for ever since it hit our shores. Sure there are great games out there, but there is nothing like this. Gravity Rush is beautiful, inventive, unique and a must have game for Vita owners.

Rating: Outstanding

Cannot wait for June 12th-ish. So glad I pre-ordered through Newegg for $30.

GamesRader Review - http://www.gamesradar.com/gravity-rush-review/

With a nondescript name like Gravity Rush, you wouldn’t be the first to mistake this game for a low-budget title worth skipping. But it’d be a crime to overlook – this adventure has such a vibrant world, exhilarating gameplay systems, and a delightful narrative that it deserves a spot in every Vita owner’s library. It’s the kind of game that wouldn’t exist on any other platform, and honestly, it’s so perfect for the medium that it wouldn’t need to.

Verdict: 9/10

Felt this thread deserved a bump. The Gravity Rush demo is finally out on PSN. Couldn't find it listed under demos so I had to do a manual search for it. Gonna play the demo again to make sure I really wanna pick it up ( already have it fully paid off at Gamestop). Oh yeah the Resistance demo is out but its 3.1 GB haha.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Felt this thread deserved a bump. The Gravity Rush demo is finally out on PSN. Couldn't find it listed under demos so I had to do a manual search for it. Gonna play the demo again to make sure I really wanna pick it up ( already have it fully paid off at Gamestop). Oh yeah the Resistance demo is out but its 3.1 GB haha.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god it is, that's excessively high for a demo.

I wonder if they accidentally released the full game as the demo version...

[quote name='jello44']Oh my god it is, that's excessively high for a demo.

I wonder if they accidentally released the full game as the demo version...[/QUOTE]

maybe when you purchase the game, all it does is "unlock" it without having to download any additional things. that's what im guessing. either way, i don't have space for it on my 8 GB card.

[quote name='DCpinoy']maybe when you purchase the game, all it does is "unlock" it without having to download any additional things. that's what im guessing. either way, i don't have space for it on my 8 GB card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a possibility.

I guess I'll find out in about an hour or two. PSN is so god dammed slow.

Ugh, the demo came out today in the US store but I lost power this morning from severe thunder storms and ever since my internet has been extremely slow. I'm talking 1MB/s when it's usually around 19ish. So can't even download it right now.

[quote name='Miami_13']Ugh, the demo came out today in the US store but I lost power this morning from severe thunder storms and ever since my internet has been extremely slow. I'm talking 1MB/s when it's usually around 19ish. So can't even download it right now.[/QUOTE]

ouch, that sucks. played through the demo again today and it got me excited for the launch. can't wait!

bump, can't wait for Tuesday! btw, stopped by walmart tonight and guess what i saw? i was half-tempted to try and buy it but i have mine paid off at gamestop already. probably wouldn't even be able to be sold anyways. but yeah this was at the union city, ca.

IMG_20120607_212045.jpg

Usually the POS system has a notice in it and when the cashier rings it up, it should alert them not to sell it before the street date.

Mine is already paid off at GS, can't wait til Tuesday!

[quote name='jello44']Usually the POS system has a notice in it and when the cashier rings it up, it should alert them not to sell it before the street date.

Mine is already paid off at GS, can't wait til Tuesday![/QUOTE]

Haha yeah. That's also why I didn't try. My friend that works at best buy accidently sold a coupon yesterday without problems.

SO pumped for this game I just bought a vita with all the $50 gift card promotions going on. Really wish August was here just tried out the Ragnarok Odyssey demo off the Japan PSN store amazing.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...today-on-ps-vita-get-the-inside-scoop-on-dlc/
With Gravity Rush launching today in the U.S., I wanted to not only take this opportunity to reflect on my experience creating the game, but look to the future and share that we have a great lineup of DLC on the way. First, I’m pleased to announce that if you purchase Gravity Rush for the first week on PSN for $35.99, you’ll also receive the Military DLC Pack for free (this promotion will run from 6/12 to 6/19).

In addition, on June 26th we’ll be releasing the Spy Pack. For just $3.99 you’ll receive a Spy Costume as well as two exciting new Side Missions and two Challenge Missions to unlock.

Then, on July 10th, you’ll be able to download the Maid Pack. Priced at $3.99, the Maid Pack offers a stylish Maid Costume and two additional unlockable Side Missions and Challenge Missions.

If you miss out on the Military Pack during launch week, you will also have the opportunity to purchase it starting on July 24th for $3.99.

I ordered one yesterday from eStarland (had credit there) along with MGS HD Collection. Played the demo of Rush...liked what I played so I'm looking forward to this. Demo was a bit short though.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Picked up my copy along with MGS :D good day today![/QUOTE]

Nice. Let us know what you think of them when you get some solid play time with them.

bread's done
Back