[PS Vita] Gravity Rush - June 12th, 2012

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Can this come out any sooner? The Vita needs more games STAT.

#32 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

ShopToNews Review - http://www.shoptonew...ty-rush-review/

As soon as you lay eyes on Gravity Rush you’ll be begging for Sony to release more games like it on the PlayStation Vita. It’s the title that the machine has been begging for ever since it hit our shores. Sure there are great games out there, but there is nothing like this. Gravity Rush is beautiful, inventive, unique and a must have game for Vita owners.

Rating: Outstanding

Cannot wait for June 12th-ish. So glad I pre-ordered through Newegg for $30.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#33 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

GamesRader Review - http://www.gamesrada...ty-rush-review/

With a nondescript name like Gravity Rush, you wouldn’t be the first to mistake this game for a low-budget title worth skipping. But it’d be a crime to overlook – this adventure has such a vibrant world, exhilarating gameplay systems, and a delightful narrative that it deserves a spot in every Vita owner’s library. It’s the kind of game that wouldn’t exist on any other platform, and honestly, it’s so perfect for the medium that it wouldn’t need to.

Verdict: 9/10

#34 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Felt this thread deserved a bump. The Gravity Rush demo is finally out on PSN. Couldn't find it listed under demos so I had to do a manual search for it. Gonna play the demo again to make sure I really wanna pick it up ( already have it fully paid off at Gamestop). Oh yeah the Resistance demo is out but its 3.1 GB haha.

#35 jello44

jello44

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Felt this thread deserved a bump. The Gravity Rush demo is finally out on PSN. Couldn't find it listed under demos so I had to do a manual search for it. Gonna play the demo again to make sure I really wanna pick it up ( already have it fully paid off at Gamestop). Oh yeah the Resistance demo is out but its 3.1 GB haha.

Oh my god it is, that's excessively high for a demo.

I wonder if they accidentally released the full game as the demo version...

72768.png

#36 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Oh my god it is, that's excessively high for a demo.

I wonder if they accidentally released the full game as the demo version...

maybe when you purchase the game, all it does is "unlock" it without having to download any additional things. that's what im guessing. either way, i don't have space for it on my 8 GB card.

#37 jello44

jello44

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

maybe when you purchase the game, all it does is "unlock" it without having to download any additional things. that's what im guessing. either way, i don't have space for it on my 8 GB card.

Yeah, that's a possibility.

I guess I'll find out in about an hour or two. PSN is so god dammed slow.

72768.png

#38 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Ugh, the demo came out today in the US store but I lost power this morning from severe thunder storms and ever since my internet has been extremely slow. I'm talking 1MB/s when it's usually around 19ish. So can't even download it right now.

Miami_13.png

Go Dolphins!

#39 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

Ugh, the demo came out today in the US store but I lost power this morning from severe thunder storms and ever since my internet has been extremely slow. I'm talking 1MB/s when it's usually around 19ish. So can't even download it right now.

ouch, that sucks. played through the demo again today and it got me excited for the launch. can't wait!

#40 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

bump, can't wait for Tuesday! btw, stopped by walmart tonight and guess what i saw? i was half-tempted to try and buy it but i have mine paid off at gamestop already. probably wouldn't even be able to be sold anyways. but yeah this was at the union city, ca.

Posted Image

#41 jello44

jello44

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Usually the POS system has a notice in it and when the cashier rings it up, it should alert them not to sell it before the street date.

Mine is already paid off at GS, can't wait til Tuesday!

#42 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

Usually the POS system has a notice in it and when the cashier rings it up, it should alert them not to sell it before the street date.

Mine is already paid off at GS, can't wait til Tuesday!

Haha yeah. That's also why I didn't try. My friend that works at best buy accidently sold a coupon yesterday without problems.

#43 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

SO pumped for this game I just bought a vita with all the $50 gift card promotions going on. Really wish August was here just tried out the Ragnarok Odyssey demo off the Japan PSN store amazing.

#44 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

Pre ordered it at amazon last month and ETA is June 19-23. Ugh :/

#45 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

http://blog.us.plays...e-scoop-on-dlc/

With Gravity Rush launching today in the U.S., I wanted to not only take this opportunity to reflect on my experience creating the game, but look to the future and share that we have a great lineup of DLC on the way. First, I’m pleased to announce that if you purchase Gravity Rush for the first week on PSN for $35.99, you’ll also receive the Military DLC Pack for free (this promotion will run from 6/12 to 6/19).

In addition, on June 26th we’ll be releasing the Spy Pack. For just $3.99 you’ll receive a Spy Costume as well as two exciting new Side Missions and two Challenge Missions to unlock.

Then, on July 10th, you’ll be able to download the Maid Pack. Priced at $3.99, the Maid Pack offers a stylish Maid Costume and two additional unlockable Side Missions and Challenge Missions.

If you miss out on the Military Pack during launch week, you will also have the opportunity to purchase it starting on July 24th for $3.99.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#46 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Todays the day! Who else is picking up their copy today?

#47 EdgeOfThorns

EdgeOfThorns

God of RPGs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

Picked up my copy along with MGS :D good day today!

#48 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

I ordered one yesterday from eStarland (had credit there) along with MGS HD Collection. Played the demo of Rush...liked what I played so I'm looking forward to this. Demo was a bit short though.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#49 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Picked up my copy along with MGS :D good day today!

Nice. Let us know what you think of them when you get some solid play time with them.

#50 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

just got back from picking up Gravity Rush from GameStop. still watching the opening video and damn it looks good.

#51 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

An hour in and I'm really impressed with Gravity Rush so far. I'm digging the 3D-esque comic book panel cutscenes.

Also, kinda lame that the DLC is only a 100 kb download but $4 each isn't that bad, I guess.

godlyone.gif

#52 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

An hour in and I'm really impressed with Gravity Rush so far. I'm digging the 3D-esque comic book panel cutscenes.

Also, kinda lame that the DLC is only a 100 kb download but $4 each isn't that bad, I guess.

Hmm, what's out there for DLC that wasn't included with preorder bonuses?

#53 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hmm, what's out there for DLC that wasn't included with preorder bonuses?

It's the preorder bonus, plus the future DLC packs.

godlyone.gif

#54 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

still waiting for amazon to ship mine

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#55 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Had to cancel my pre-order. Money is tight and it was this or DiRT Showdown ($39.99 + $10 credit). Hoping for a sale soon-ish so I can apply that $10 credit towards GR. Almost every review makes the game sound amazing... *drools*

#56 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

It's the preorder bonus, plus the future DLC packs.

nice thanks for the info, sorry i just downloaded the preorder bonuses then started Gravity Rush right away.

So far, I'm loving it. Sometimes you can get disoriented but it's not too bad. The controls take a little getting used to but i've only played about an hour and i'm starting to get the hang of it all. So far it's great and i hope it gets even better.

#57 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Had to cancel my pre-order. Money is tight and it was this or DiRT Showdown ($39.99 + $10 credit). Hoping for a sale soon-ish so I can apply that $10 credit towards GR. Almost every review makes the game sound amazing... *drools*

Sucks to hear, hopefully you get a copy soon-ish. Going from looking at the crummy character models in Mortal Kombat Vita, I'm adore how good this game looks.

The only knock I have against it right now is the fact that the story revolves around the main character having both amnesia and mystical unknown powers. :roll:

nice thanks for the info, sorry i just downloaded the preorder bonuses then started Gravity Rush right away.

So far, I'm loving it. Sometimes you can get disoriented but it's not too bad. The controls take a little getting used to but i've only played about an hour and i'm starting to get the hang of it all. So far it's great and i hope it gets even better.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the motion controls when I'm trying to aim at something. Wish they could've added an option to toggle that off.

godlyone.gif

#58 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Sucks to hear, hopefully you get a copy soon-ish. Going from looking at the crummy character models in Mortal Kombat Vita, I'm adore how good this game looks.

The only knock I have against it right now is the fact that the story revolves around the main character having both amnesia and mystical unknown powers. :roll:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the motion controls when I'm trying to aim at something. Wish they could've added an option to toggle that off.

hmmm, have you tried turning down the motion sensitivity all the way so that it barely affects the aiming?

#59 GodlyOne

GodlyOne

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

hmmm, have you tried turning down the motion sensitivity all the way so that it barely affects the aiming?

Yeah, I was thinking about that. By turning it down means that I can't feverishly pan the camera in and around during the comic book panel parts. I'll probably get used to it anyways.

godlyone.gif

#60 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Got my Newegg copy today, about 3 hours in and its pretty cool so far, but there are a few "what the heck!?" moments scattered into the story, here's one of them (spoiler free):

http://redd.it/uyptf