Photo
- - - - -

Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#571 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

Wow, very nice on the TV! You lucked out pretty hard haha!

#572 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

I just got lucky with my Wasteland. I picked it up while sifting through books at Salvation Army and got it without knowing anything about it but I loved the artwork and wanted to show my kids 5" disks. I was busy and never looked it up. If I could've gotten $50 for it at the time . . . I would've taken it.

When the Wasteland II announcement was news my son mentioned it (he reads constantly but isn't a gamer--although he is addicted to Minecraft) . . . and I went "hmmm, what was that game that I found last year?" I put it on Amazon for $250 and I had an interested buyer (from Norway) but he said I was overpriced . . . but would buy it for $170. He also said I should watch ebay to see how overpriced I was. So, I saw a PC version top out over $400 and put mine on ebay.

I caught a BIN at $350. I think I undersold it but I can't complain.

Fuck! I sold mine for around $50 shipped. :cry:

I loved the artwork on it and had a sneaking suspicion that I should have kept it.

#573 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Orgazmo DVD - $1.50

Nice, I knew a guy who was in that movie. Haven't spoken to him recently. As far as I know, he could be dead.

Honestly it looked like someone bought out a store and got these in a lot, if that is not the case, then I really don't want to know what was going on in that house especially since there were so many..

They could just be retailers. Some people do it with toys or makeup, some people do it with adult products. I know this gal who runs a business out of her van and she drives around selling various dildos and vibrators. The town won't let her open up a storefront, but she's probably better off this way anyway.

#574 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

Nice, I knew a guy who was in that movie. Haven't spoken to him recently. As far as I know, he could be dead.

They could just be retailers. Some people do it with toys or makeup, some people do it with adult products. I know this gal who runs a business out of her van and she drives around selling various dildos and vibrators. The town won't let her open up a storefront, but she's probably better off this way anyway.

We have several stores here that deal in these sorts of things, so maybe they got a discount on the store's older merchandise, or the store just gave it to them, as these boxes appeared to be older, or they were just retailers of that sort of thing at one point in their life and wanted to get rid of remaining stock. Now if it was used items that would be a different story... fortunately I have never seen anyone around here trying to sell used ones..

I agree that she is probably better off just driving around, it costs gas money but opening up a store here if you are not a major retailer or a business that has already established themselves in the area 30 years ago seems to be something that does not last and becomes very costly very quickly. Most new independent businesses close up here within just a few months of opening.

#575 PKGarep

PKGarep

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

I got this Xbox along with 5 controllers (one is missing from the picture) all for $5.

http://puu.sh/uiE6

#576 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

Nice pickup on the Xbox. I've been looking for one myself. The only one I've seen this year had the cables and one controller, no games, for $50. Kind of hard to haggle that down.

#577 PKGarep

PKGarep

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

Thanks man. I've been meaning to rebuild my Xbox collection and I was in the right place at the right time. I couldn't believe that someone would sell an Xbox with a bunch of controllers, all for 5 dollars.

#578 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

Nice pickup on the Xbox. I've been looking for one myself. The only one I've seen this year had the cables and one controller, no games, for $50. Kind of hard to haggle that down.

What price when u looking for? I have one that I barely use. its in great condition. Im not sure how many controllers, but i do have the S and the big controllers. PM me.

PS, how much would it cost to ship it?

#579 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Funny. I've played my copy of the Arcade Party Pak on at least my two PS3 slims.

I figured out the deal with Party Pack: Smash TV and Rampage work okay (as well as the developer interviews) but the screen gets muddled / locks up on Toobin' and some of the no-name games. It reminds me a lot of how an NES game behaves with dirty contacts--really weird since it's not like how ps1 games usually freeze.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#580 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Ugh, yard sales have been super lame for me this year. Only thing I've got so far is a pink GBA with case and Kirby's Dream Land 2, one of the Game and Watch collections, and a few crappy GBA games for $10.

I'm holding out for the big annual yard sale on July 4, where in the past I snagged Earthbound for $5, a Turbo-Grafx w/Keith Courage for $2, and a complete Odyssey 2 for $20.

#581 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

I've just picked up some random stuff the last few weeks...including this.

Bravo on the Bravia!

Not much going on here. I hit over 40 sales last week buying maybe 100 books and media items but only these games of note:

Posted Image

$1 each at separate sales.

Happy to find a Game Boy player disc (which I can wed to a player I have) and

Posted Image

The 3 PS1 games came at a last sale on Sat. that I almost drove right past (looked slim) but I did spot a grungy looking PSX with some poor-looking games but then I spotted the MK4 and Crash (amongst sports games) and then the FF. I pitched $3 for all . . . seller asked $3 each . . . so we settled on $6.

#582 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Bravo on the Bravia!

Thanks schultzed. It really is an inspiration to start going through the backlog, heh. You got some nice games too...these days I'm looking for anything developed by From Soft so I'd love to find King's Field.

Sales have been pretty miserable around here (well, besides the TV lol) but if I get anything at all this week I'll post up my recent games and media finds.
76561197996844513.png

#583 C0dy

C0dy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

Last weekend's goods, $15. Game Gear sadly doesn't work, needs new capacitors. Maybe I'll try the repair some time.

Posted Image

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

#584 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

not bad at all for what you paid, nice!

#585 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

That TV was a really good find, I find that most people don't know about their warranty options for things at all, their loss is your gain.

#586 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Got up at 7:45...can't motivate myself to go to sales...Missed the last 2 weeks because of family emergency and travel. Been hitting up thrifts more often since it is easier and I befriended a book scanner who is giving me tips.

I am still deciding if I am going to my friend's mom's wake today. She was a nice lady, but I would have to get my haircut and it may be awkward since my friend's wife (GF when I knew her) doesn't like me. I also haven't seen my friend for about 10 years, but I would see his Mom once a week at the library.

#587 alexkidd4

alexkidd4

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

I am still deciding if I am going to my friend's mom's wake today. She was a nice lady, but I would have to get my haircut and it may be awkward since my friend's wife (GF when I knew her) doesn't like me. I also haven't seen my friend for about 10 years, but I would see his Mom once a week at the library.

You should go. Despite his wife's gripe with you, he would really appreciate it.

#588 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

went to like 40 or sales myself today. passed by a few interesting items, like an original xbox, the halo green one with like 10 games(mainly crap aside from halo 1 and 2) for $50, but all id be interested in is the system and they wanted to sell it as a package deal...and wasnt going to pay $50. Then saw a Pikachu N64 system with like 6 games. Was interested in this but there was no price on it. Asked the lady if she would take $10. she said she would have to ask her son who ewasnt available at the time. Gave her my number. She said she would call back when she finds out how much her son wants for it. I'd be willing to go up to $20.

Went to another sale and sadly saw a lady walking away with an xbox 360 and a stack of like 20 games.......good titles too as for what I could see..halo 3, soul calibur, rock band...didnt et a glimpse of the others too good but didnt see any blaring white spines indicating no sports titles. Didnt get to find out how much she paid...im hoping she paid a lot because I would feel even worse if she got it cheap. Hell even if she paid $100 itd be nice flip for the majority of the items.

Came across a sale with like 20 ps1 games..$1 a piece. I grabbed the non sports titles...7 of them and asked if they'd take $5. They agreed. this was the same sale with the halo xbox.

Another sale had like 10 360 games..alll marked $10..........nothing to point out really except they wanted $10 for Kinect Adventures........lol.............good luck with that. Only game that interested me in the pile was Lost Planet...I asked if theyd take $5 and they did...not a super deal..but decent.

Final sale worth noting is one that had ps3 and ds items. Apparently there were like 20+ ps3 and ds games earlier in the day including new super mario bros. wish i had gotten there earlier. :(

though the prices werent the greatest. the games that were left were marked $5,$10,and $15. 4 games caught my eye.....pokemon heart gold, pokemon heart silver, mario and luigi: bowser's story, and little big planet goty. The 3 ds games were marked $15 each and LBP was $10. Ased if she would take $40 for the 4 and she did...........decent deal..again nothing spectacular but better then buying them at say gamestop. Oh and also bought a ds lite for $20...in great condition...so that made it all worth it.

Hoping I get a call back on that Pikachu n64 though and that its a good price. oh and thats a Green Day cd I bought for $1 pictured with the ps1 games

Posted Image

Posted Image

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#589 Floopy

Floopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

Considered going to a fairly promising sale an hour away on Saturday, but reconsidered and ended up sticking close to home. Can't complain too much with my decision, as I had a decent day.

Posted Image

DS Lite was $12, Grandia, Squirtle, and sealed Creepy Crawlers set were each $1. All from different sales, nothing really noteworthy about any of them. Passed on a lot of junk xbox/ps2 games, and got beat to a pokemon card collection by about 3 or 4 minutes.

Posted Image

Thanks to this thread for pointing this Hero Quest game out recently; I probably would have passed on it otherwise. It's complete with all pieces (1 or 2 are chipped, but its in great, complete shape otherwise). Will try to Craigslist it for $60.

Same sale, I dumbly passed on a Teletubbies plush lot that I could have made $50 or $60 on (realized after looking it up later). So I stop by Monday after work and see that a lot of their stuff is left in their yard under a big tarp. I ring their doorbell and ask if I can take a looksie, they say go for it. They also go on to say that everything is going to the dump, so take whatever I want. Though the teletubbies are long gone, I proceed to haul all of the books and cds left to the local used book store for $120 in credit.

I normally try to sell items on my own without trading them into middlemen, but these items were low value books and CDs. I don't have time to list, pack, and ship a book/CD to make $2 or $3 on it. Instead, i'll convert the credit to games (their game prices tend to be fair for a physical store, at or a little less than online), and sell those. This find ended up being my find of the week; hope I can beat it this Saturday.

#590 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

Wow, lots of Hero Quests poppin up lately lol

#591 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

Nice find on the Hero Quest. Since reading about it I've been keeping an eye out for it! This weekend is going to be insane, there are 11 town-wide sales within an hour of me this weekend!

#592 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

Man I remember creepy crawlers. I think I made about a million scorpions and put them everywhere. My parents definitely regretted getting me that.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#593 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

You know, I have been researching prices on that halo green xbox, only because I want one really bad, but it seems like it honestly isn't worth much more than an original xbox. Its only worth more (maybe about $75-100) if its mint in the box with everything, obviously sealed in the box its worth a lot as are most old systems. Otherwise its worth like $40-50. I would think it would be worth more than that, but it really isn't. You also have to make sure you get the green controller and halo game with it.

#594 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Man, I really need to find a book store that takes trade-ins. It's hard enough just trying one that isn't for Christians.

And I'm totally envious of the Creepy Crawler find. A lot of the newer stuff either isn't as cool or isn't compatible with my set.

#595 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

My buys for today. SNES games were $4 each, 50 cents each for the GBA games, and PS1 games were $3 each. Everything works!

Posted Image

Bought this Electrolux XXX Vacum cleaner for $10. Works :)

Posted Image
Bought a Creative 4.1 speaker system and a Creative Extior Sound card for $7 total.

And bought a PS2 slim with 2 DDR Mats for $10.

#596 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Great score on the DKC3. I'm always on the lookout for a box to go with my copy. That Electrolux looks sweet! I was reading an old Mental Floss issue the other day and there was a bit about how when Electrolux first came to the states they marketed with the phrase "Nothing sucks like Electrolux." The Swedes didn't realize the negative connotation 'sucks' has here.

#597 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

Posted Image

F Zero GX $2
Super Smash Bros Melee (no manual) $2
Double Dragon 2 $1

Went to about 15 sales or so today, and not much in the way of games. Passed on some $5 PS2 games and a $40 slim PS2.

There is a sale tomorrow that is an extra 20 minutes away advertising a nes, snes, and ps1 with games. Hoping I can get there early and not waste a trip.

Also, nice finds this week! Those DKC boxes are nice.

#598 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Good luck today everyone!

#599 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'm at work now and right across the road is the quarterly indoor yard sale at the community center. What torture.

Worse yet, it will probably be over before I get off work.

#600 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'll start off. I managed to pick up a teal Game Boy Color in decent condition with a battery cover and Brain Bender for $1.

Also got a Casio 2-inch LCD TV-980 with a traveling case and headphones for $1.

Posted Image

Thinking about flipping them both. From the research I've done I think I can sell the Game Boy for about $25-35 and the TV for $10-15. Not sure about Brain Bender since it doesn't seem to be found many places on the internet. Any ideas?