Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#1231 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

Very nice you two. Especially jealous of that DS for $5. They sell so easy, Im buying another one tomorrow from craigslist.

#1232 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Very nice you two. Especially jealous of that DS for $5. They sell so easy, Im buying another one tomorrow from craigslist.

Thanks, it was an extra, and just sold on craigs with one game for $50...
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1233 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Try Retron 3. I bought one because my tv has 1 rca input and I got tired of constantly having to unplug and replug different consoles.

I love it. You can even use the oringinal sega,snes,and nes controllers with it.

You can purchase a system selector or AV selector to solve this problem. I purchased one for a dollar at a yard sale last year. I have seen multiple of them this year for very cheap prices too. I don't even know what these are called but you will recognize them because it will be the box with a ton of colored inputs. Just make sure if it needs an AC Adapter that it comes with one.

If you have a lot of stuff you can chain system selectors together to get more inputs, I need to do this so I can get more inputs.

#1234 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

How much do you usually buy them for?

#1235 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

How much do you usually buy them for?

Usually get bundles for a good price, 3 total DS so far.

Red / black DS lite with pokemon fire red for $30

Black DS lite in excellent condition, with gameboy advance SP, and about 25 DS / Gameboy games or so for $70 Ended up keeping the black DS for myself and selling my uglier white one.

And today, Pink DS lite with pokemon pearl, mario kart, uno, phantom hourglass, call of duty world at war, wall / car charger, really nice case Im keeping for myself, and pair of nintendo ear buds for $45

Edit: These are craigslist deals. I usually catch ads within a half hour of them posting it.

#1236 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

^^ good stuff, I quit checking craigslist a long time ago cause everyone in my city likes to overprice things on there.

#1237 Floopy

Floopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

It's been a few weeks since I posted anything. One week I was in Florida, a couple of weeks I went out and found nothing noteworthy, and I actually slept in for the past 2 weeks. I'm glad I did that actually; it really recharged my yardsaling battery for a strong second half of the year.

It was really hot in my area on Saturday. I only hit about a dozen sales. My first two stops advertised games but were busts. Third sale was unadvertised and I stumbled upon it randomly, but it's exactly why I chase the dragon... it's been at least a month since I made a good yardsale find.

Anyways, I got everything below for $30.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This sale didn't advertise games, and I didn't even have it on my list of sales to hit. I just stumbled upon it at about 7:30am... no gaming stuff was out when I got there. I asked about games and the seller (17 yr old kid) brought out the Nintendo handhelds and gameboy/ds games.

I then asked about any older console games and he brought all of the gamecube/xbox/ps2 cases. When we looked inside each case, they were literally all empty. I almost shat myself in disbelief. He initially was not sure where the game booklet holding each of the discs was, but his older brother was nearby and reminded him where it was (thankfully, big sigh of relief there). He had the discs to almost every good game that I was interested in (the only disc he couldnt find was Paper Mario for GameCube). Overall, a big recovery there.

This was literally the yard sale that kept on giving. He went in one or two more times, and each time brought out a few more worthwhile items, such as the two wavebirds w/receivers, and the n64 expansion pack). Oddly enough, he scrounged up Mario Party 3, but sadly he said he had gotten rid of all of his other n64 games years ago, and couldn't even believe he had one left. If he could only find a single n64 game, Mario Party 3 is definitely on the short list.

Overall, a lot of value in the lot. The DS Lite works but has a cracked hinge. Pokemon Crystal needs a new save battery. Still, a great find, and my best yard sale find in probably 2 months or so. All of the disc games were complete, to boot. Took my gf to Outback for dinner to celebrate, lol. Good times.

#1238 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

Some people had some really nice finds . . . but not me :-(

It was a slow weekend. I did manage to hit a sale that advertised games right at open and got this stuff:

Posted Image
Funny the PS2 games were .50 each but only Kingdom Hearts 2 was worth flipping . . . so I left a bunch behind.
Posted Image
The DS games were $3 each asking price.
Posted Image
Both DSs have broken hinges.
We haggled a little and I paid $35 for everything in the 3 pics.

Edited by schultzed, 10 July 2012 - 04:48 AM.

#1239 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Wow $30 for everything there? Thats really great. I thought you had a good buy when I saw the first picture.. but everything in the second pic too? Curious, did he come up with that $30 price?

Hell, Id of been happy to get the 3 pokemon games for $30

And $35 for that bundle is really nice too. Congrats guys.

#1240 ChicagoCubz

ChicagoCubz

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

Still doesn't seem like there's much in the paper again this week. I'll most likely check out a few tomorrow morning, but it'd be nice if it picked up soon.

#1241 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Still doesn't seem like there's much in the paper again this week. I'll most likely check out a few tomorrow morning, but it'd be nice if it picked up soon.

I primarily check CL, as well as pennysaver. Rarely see an ad for friday with games advertised. Actually never have. Most people post for a saturday yard sale on friday it seems.

#1242 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

Went to a sale advertising games this morning. Had some stuff for a good price, but it was junk or super commons. Had some stuff over priced, still junk. The one thing I wanted, the N64 system, was already gone even though I showed up 30 minutes early...

I did hit another sale on the way home that I just happened to pass and found:

Donkey Kong Classics
Klax
Tetris

All for NES. Did 3/10. Overpaid on Tetris but I wanted Donkey Kong and they wanted 5.00 a piece. I figured the other 2 are worth 5.00 combined, I'd pay that much for shipping online.
www.vg-force.com

#1243 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Out late today but happened upon sign pointing to a 10 am sale...

$20

PS2 slim
DS lite with case/4 games
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1244 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Out late today but happened upon sign pointing to a 10 am sale...

$20

PS2 slim
DS lite with case/4 games

Nice find!

I'm jealous of you people who can go out on Fridays for sales haha.

#1245 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

I got some stuff last week including a go video VCR for $3 (if you don't know look it up) which I really wanted and a disc only new super mario bros. wii for like 50 cents or something I hate the game so now I have to figure out how to maximize my profit on it.

Also saw yet another sale that looked like the sale of a former ebay seller since it had a lot of sellable items and some ebay books, they had a ton of reallky cheap fisher price stuff but most of it was beyond destroyed condition wise, but they were selling really cheap most things under $1, and would be large and awkward to ship, last time I checked most of it is hardly worth anything on ebay anyways especially in extremely poor condition and there are no more children in my family to use it. Might have been a killer haul for someone who wanted it though. I did pick up a FP karaoke player for 50 cents that will probably clean up and 2 vintage handheld's from the 70's for $1 each.

#1246 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

I got to this sale that advertised video games that was in its second day. My find of the year or at least so far.
Posted Image
I asked about the video games advertised. The friend said she had them at her house in the next suburb over. Said she didn't mind getting them if I would wait. Glad I waited. She asked $10 for everything in the box. I gave her $12 for her going out of her way to get this. I still robbed them. 8-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

At another sale all for $0.25
Posted Image
The ladybug has an Xbox logo on it (?)

and some manga all for $2
Spoiler

As others have said on this site I need to study up on my Legos. I passed up on a box of underwater Legos I think I had as a kid for $5.

#1247 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

WOW today was my best day so far this year! Lots of cool stuff for extremely low prices.

$10- Sylvania 20 inch HDTV. No HDMI sadly.
Posted Image

Star Trek stuff. The bigger box is a limited edition collectors set. Both are NIB. $5 total.
Posted Image

SNES system and controller, PS2 fat- FREE. The owner wasn't sure if either work. I will test them soon.
Super Mario All Stars, Mortal Kombat 1,2,3 for SNES- $8
JBL Creature 2 speaker set- $10. Amazing speakers o_0
2 receivers- a really nice Yamaha 6.1 receiver was $15, and a very old Kenwood 5.1 receiver for $10.
Power Pad for the NES- $2
Lego Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark Temple Escape (7623)- $20
Lego Bionicle #8998 Limted Edition Toa Mata Nui- $3
Some Knex roller coaster( forgot the name )- $3
A Lego Ninjago set- $2
Posted Image

And EASILY my favorite buy so far this year- An Apple IIe computer with a floppy drive and monitor, Flight Simulator II, and Work Perfect. FIVE ****ING DOLLARS!!! No sure if the floppy drive works, can't seem to get either program to work. I'll have to take it apart and hopefully find the issue.
Posted Image

#1248 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

I got to this sale that advertised video games that was in its second day. My find of the year or at least so far.
Posted Image
I asked about the video games advertised. The friend said she had them at her house in the next suburb over. Said she didn't mind getting them if I would wait. Glad I waited. She asked $10 for everything in the box. I gave her $12 for her going out of her way to get this. I still robbed them. 8-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

As others have said on this site I need to study up on my Legos. I passed up on a box of underwater Legos I think I had as a kid for $5.

I believe that the lady bug thing was from when the 360 came out from cereal boxes you could get things like that.

#1249 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

I'd pop a boner right there in the middle of the yard sale if I saw a NES package like that for $12. Nice find!
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1250 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

I believe that the lady bug thing was from when the 360 came out from cereal boxes you could get things like that.

Yeah, they were just crappy little LCD games (6 total) that came in boxes of Apple Jacks. From what I've heard, they usually didn't work.

#1251 ChicagoCubz

ChicagoCubz

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Nice job on that NES haul.

I didn't find anything worth buying gaming related this morning, but I did pick up Don Quixote and To Kill a Mockingbird to add to my ever growing to-read shelf.

#1252 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Man, another crappy Saturday for me. Literally didn't even see anything game-related, and I couldn't even find a set of speakers for my dorm room after seeing a crapload of sets last week.

#1253 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Today was religious crap day. So much damn religious junk.
Did find me a Invidia Geforce 5500 OC for $3 - EDIT: just checked box is for a fx5500 but it's a different card inside - Fuck me
Also found xenogears scratched real bad both sides, don't think it works. - $1

#1254 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hit a neighborhood sale nearby in a decent/mixed middle class to upper middle class area called Longwoods Highlands, no game comic or toy scores except for some legos but I got a couple grand worth of books, records, DVDs, CDs, sealed board games etc. for under $40 total.

Mostly in books to resell on amazon with a focus on kid's books and coffee table type hardcovers all in new/unread condition. Just giving the stuff away it was awesome. Of course there were also some pro type flea market resellers, the kind who sell shitty reproduction antiques/furniture for way too much at the rose bowl etc.

They even had a bunch of the gourmet food trucks at the event.

Example of the scores was one guy I got about 20 hardcover 1st edition art books and coffee table books for $5, and about 20 kids hardcovers good ones plus 8 DVDs including sealed plus a bag of Legos with the space shuttle set for another $5. Edit just re built the shuttle using online instructions and it's complete, starting to sort the two boxes there's a mix of city star wars castle and some other stuff so far...

Another place got 2 big oxes full of Legos (about 15 pounds) including instructions plus a bunch of kids books for $12

Edited by karkyco, 14 July 2012 - 10:32 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1255 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Today was religious crap day. So much damn religious junk.
Did find me a Invidia Geforce 5500 OC for $3 - EDIT: just checked box is for a fx5500 but it's a different card inside - Fuck me
Also found xenogears scratched real bad both sides, don't think it works. - $1

Did the Xenogears have the case? If it doesn't work, I'll buy the case off you, i need it for my copy so it'll be complete.

#1256 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

Saw a ton of nice cart only n64 games. How much each? $10-$40 depending on the game.

#1257 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Saw a ton of nice cart only n64 games. How much each? $10-$40 depending on the game.

Someone used eBay...

On my CL someone posted an "ad" posting a link for a website that would show the values of games based on an average from Amazon/eBay/internet...

#1258 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Had an awesome find. Pictures tomorrow likely.

I saw a bunch of sales by my work yesterday but had no time to stop, I was running late. Due to this, I decided to leave early for work today and hit them. Ya, I don't work until like 2:15 but you never know. About 1:15 I left, only a 20 minute drive to work so that left my 40 minutes. Well, just as I got to the area it started POURING. Everyone was closing up. I stopped for a drink and when I got out though, 20 minutes before I had to work, I stopped raining. I only had time for one sale which I had seen closing 20 minutes earlier as I drove past. Stopped and saw only one game (I asked, all they had) but what a game. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. FACTORY SEALED. I asked how much and they said $5.00. I offered $3.00 and they took it. There is a small tear in one corner, but I figure I should be able to get $50.00 easy for it, or trade it for something else. I would love to play this game, I may actually do so... but I dunno, opening this when I can get a fair amount for it would be tough.
www.vg-force.com

#1259 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Did the Xenogears have the case? If it doesn't work, I'll buy the case off you, i need it for my copy so it'll be complete.

Disc only.

#1260 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

Had an awesome find. Pictures tomorrow likely.

I saw a bunch of sales by my work yesterday but had no time to stop, I was running late. Due to this, I decided to leave early for work today and hit them. Ya, I don't work until like 2:15 but you never know. About 1:15 I left, only a 20 minute drive to work so that left my 40 minutes. Well, just as I got to the area it started POURING. Everyone was closing up. I stopped for a drink and when I got out though, 20 minutes before I had to work, I stopped raining. I only had time for one sale which I had seen closing 20 minutes earlier as I drove past. Stopped and saw only one game (I asked, all they had) but what a game. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. FACTORY SEALED. I asked how much and they said $5.00. I offered $3.00 and they took it. There is a small tear in one corner, but I figure I should be able to get $50.00 easy for it, or trade it for something else. I would love to play this game, I may actually do so... but I dunno, opening this when I can get a fair amount for it would be tough.

I'd just sell it and then buy a used copy for myself to play, it's what I do whenever I find a sealed game.