Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#1321 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Here is what I have learned to say, I think my age helps give it credit though (twenties). Im trying to get back a lot of the games I had when I was a kid, because I usually would buy 3 games, then after I beat those, trade the 3 in for 1 new game.

Edit: Is it really worth $30? Surprisingly this is actually the first NES Ive found while yardsailing, I don't really know too much about NES values yet as I haven't encountered many games sailing. Didn't know they were that valuable even without a power source. That's good to know.

I can't imagine you'd get that much for a nes incomplete... $10-$15 imo..
maybe an snes but without power.. even that's a stretch...
track down a cheap power supply and then you might get $25-$30
GL either way... hope I'm wrong...

"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1322 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Wait, is soul blazer a valuable game? Please tell me it isn't. Is it?

It is about $30-$40 cart only.

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#1323 sevenfold

sevenfold

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

I can't imagine you'd get that much for a nes incomplete... $10-$15 imo..
maybe an snes but without power.. even that's a stretch...
track down a cheap power supply and then you might get $25-$30
GL either way... hope I'm wrong...

That didn't sound right to me so I spent about 4 seconds checking Amazon (here is a link for you). The cheapest used NES as I write this is over $50 with no power cord and the description says the console needs a new 72-pin.

I wouldn't personally pay that much, but that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't.

#1324 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

That didn't sound right to me so I spent about 4 seconds checking Amazon (here is a link for you). The cheapest used NES as I write this is over $50 with no power cord and the description says the console needs a new 72-pin.

I wouldn't personally pay that much, but that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't.

check what has sold ...
like this one

http://www.ebay.com/...=item564b306628

and now factor in (subtract) the fees

Amazon? well, I would hesitate to sell an incomplete system on EBay and even more so Amazon... I'd just stick locally with craigs...oh and now there is a complete one on Amazon with a game for $39 (which means about $30 net - extra shipping over what they allow - $3.99)

Sorry, but sellers can ask for the moon, always search what has sold and then subtract fees and now with EBays new shipping ceilings, how much more you may pay to ship...

again, I hope you get $30

#1325 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

Amazon? well, I would hesitate to sell an incomplete system on EBay and even more so Amazon... I'd just stick locally with craigs...oh and now there is a complete one on Amazon with a game for $39 (which means about $30 net - extra shipping over what they allow - $3.99)

I'm pretty sure it's technically against the terms to sell an incomplete system on Amazon.
Amazon is pretty strict in regards to it's used conditions. If something is missing anything that makes it unusable (power/av cable) it would be Used-Unacceptable, which means you can't sell it.
I've heard about someone selling, I think a router, several years ago without a power cable, clearly stating in the description that it didn't have a power cable and marking the price as such, but the buyer complained and pretty much screwed the seller out of money and item.

#1326 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

I'm pretty sure it's technically against the terms to sell an incomplete system on Amazon.
Amazon is pretty strict in regards to it's used conditions. If something is missing anything that makes it unusable (power/av cable) it would be Used-Unacceptable, which means you can't sell it.
I've heard about someone selling, I think a router, several years ago without a power cable, clearly stating in the description that it didn't have a power cable and marking the price as such, but the buyer complained and pretty much screwed the seller out of money and item.

I hear ya... but there is an nes on there now (which doesn't mean it will sell or not have the issues you describe...) Nothing is worse than having a dissatisfied Amazon buyer... hence why I would just opt for craigs...

#1327 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

So then after going to a lot of sales and completely striking out I had one more on the way home that advertised "Playstation Games" that their son left behind when moving to college. They weren't high on my priority list because I figured they'd be PS1 sports titles or something if a gamer left them behind. So I got there and there were no Playstation games to be found, so I ended up asking. Apparently it rained pretty hard while they were setting up, and worried about more rain they were only selling the stuff that was already wet. The mother ran into her house to grab the box and brought it to me:
Posted Image
She said "These must be pretty bad games if my son left these behind because he took pretty much everything, so I just priced them a quarter a CD"

I did end up giving her $5 because I only had $3 left in $1's and I have to have some kind of a conscience, right?

You did nothing wrong and I would've done the same . . . but can you imagine when the son finds out.

"Mom, have you seen that little box of Playstation games that I left in my room?"

"What do you mean, you sold them?"

"Jesus, I told you I was getting rid of all the rest but this little box was going to stay here."

"Those were my favorites . . . I'll have to replace them . . ."

"SO, how much did you get for them?"

"$5 fucking dollars . . . Mom you can be such a moron!"

#1328 RenoTurk11

RenoTurk11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

How much should I pay for a Dreamcast in great condition with 2 controllers, all the cords and one game (not sure what game). He is asking for $25 and will have it for me tomorrow. Was seeing if I should go lower. He also has a Sega Saturn with the same (2 controllers and cords and a game) for $25.

Also what is a good price to pay for a Sega Genesis with 2 controllers, all the cords and Sonic the Hedgehog? He is asking for $30.

Also- (lol sorry, figured I'd ask on 3 three)- SNES with 2 controllers, all cords and a random SNES game. He was asking for $30.

Not sure if I should bite or not. I feel so lost :(

Thanks guys. It was funny bc I was talking to one of the vendors at the flea market I went to today and he said he actually goes very early in the morning and actually buys all the other vendors games (at 6 AM!) and then resells them at his stand! That sucks ;(
A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool. - Reno, FFVII

#1329 sevenfold

sevenfold

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

check what has sold ...

Stuff on Amazon DOES sell, even if it's more expensive than the same item on eBay.

Besides, finding an example of something selling for way below (or above) it's market price isn't exactly hard. There are plenty of similar auctions that ended much higher. Here is an auction for two broken consoles (no cords, just the broken consoles) that sold for $27 + shipping.

Considering there are at least two sellers selling used N64 consoles fulfilled by Amazon that are console only I think it's safe to assume that rule isn't strictly enforced.

I think we also all know by now that Amazon's rules on things like that are completely irrelevant. If a buyer wants to screw a seller out of their item and get their money back an A-Z claim will accomplish that about 99% of the time whether a rule was broken or not.

When I was fairly new to Amazon I sold a copy of Luigi's Manson that looked absolutely pristine, tested it myself before shipping it, and about 3 1/2 weeks after it arrived and the woman had already left me positive feedback she filed an A-Z claim. I wrote her about half a dozen emails offering a refund if she'd send the item back to me all of which she ignored, and Amazon ended up refunding her money and eating the cost themselves without making me pay it. I was pretty stunned but that's just how they do things. Knowing what I know now, I just feel lucky they didn't make me pay it.

#1330 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

Considering there are at least two sellers selling used N64 consoles fulfilled by Amazon that are console only I think it's safe to assume that rule isn't strictly enforced.

I think we also all know by now that Amazon's rules on things like that are completely irrelevant. If a buyer wants to screw a seller out of their item and get their money back an A-Z claim will accomplish that about 99% of the time whether a rule was broken or not.

When I was fairly new to Amazon I sold a copy of Luigi's Manson that looked absolutely pristine, tested it myself before shipping it, and about 3 1/2 weeks after it arrived and the woman had already left me positive feedback she filed an A-Z claim. I wrote her about half a dozen emails offering a refund if she'd send the item back to me all of which she ignored, and Amazon ended up refunding her money and eating the cost themselves without making me pay it. I was pretty stunned but that's just how they do things. Knowing what I know now, I just feel lucky they didn't make me pay it.

True... Amazon's seller support is basically a random number generator as to how they decide cases.
Just saying I see selling something with missing power cables is asking for a claim.

#1331 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

A lot of people ask me if I am a collector of video games and its hard to make up an excuse as to why I am buying them if I am not.

I just tell the truth. I can't recall a time when that has ever caused someone to change their prices. Most people just ask why I collect them, so I explain that I simply like games and I'm trying to track down a lot of the old ones that I don't have. You don't need an elaborate story or anything. You could just say that someone gave you an old console and now you're trying to find games for it.

Edit: Is it really worth $30? Surprisingly this is actually the first NES Ive found while yardsailing, I don't really know too much about NES values yet as I haven't encountered many games sailing. Didn't know they were that valuable even without a power source. That's good to know.

I don't know if it's worth $30, but $10 is definitely a good price for all of that stuff. I thought you were going to say you paid that much for one of the games. And for what it's worth, not many people take their retro games sailing because the moisture can cause rust.

and now factor in (subtract) the fees

In all fairness, they don't charge very much if you don't get the extra bells and whistles. And if you've been selling long enough, you don't pay a listing fee.

Edited by ZombieToast, 16 July 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#1332 CRAZY93NiS

CRAZY93NiS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

found this awesome looking action figure at one house $2

Posted Image

and from another house

paid $6 for this stuff

n64 console w/ 2 controllers
grey contoller and green controller
n64 brand rf modulator

9 games

California speed
ken griffy
madden 2001
nba court side
turok - rage wars
waverace
wresltmania 2000
wcw nitro
xena

from a different house

chihuahua dog was 50 cents

you put it on your leg and it humps you

Posted Image

#1333 sevenfold

sevenfold

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Money well spent.

#1334 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

@boyboy1080 Cool find on Beast God Liger. There's even a wrestler with that name.

Batsugunner.png

#1335 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

That dog toy is probably the best thing that has even been posted in this thread.

#1336 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Stuff on Amazon DOES sell, even if it's more expensive than the same item on eBay.

That Amazon price seems higher than in the past. At $50, I've got to put together some systems. I try to only sell working systems with hookups on Amazon (you can pick up replacement parts pretty cheap). I find that you can get a system with cords and controllers and a few pack-in games (junk) into a flat-rate Priority box . . . so you know your costs up front.

Amazon is often higher in value than ebay. For most customers, its like the difference in shopping at Wal-Mart vs. Target or Aldis vs. a real grocery store. The Amazon buyer will pay more just doesn't they want to deal with ebay anymore.

BTW, if you put a nice and well-described system out on Amazon at around the market low price . . . it will sell within a day.

#1337 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

That Amazon price seems higher than in the past. At $50, I've got to put together some systems.

I know right , I was thinking the same thing. I got a few to get rid.

#1338 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

How much should I pay for a Dreamcast in great condition with 2 controllers, all the cords and one game (not sure what game). He is asking for $25 and will have it for me tomorrow. Was seeing if I should go lower. He also has a Sega Saturn with the same (2 controllers and cords and a game) for $25.

Also what is a good price to pay for a Sega Genesis with 2 controllers, all the cords and Sonic the Hedgehog? He is asking for $30.

Also- (lol sorry, figured I'd ask on 3 three)- SNES with 2 controllers, all cords and a random SNES game. He was asking for $30.

Have 3 $20s and try to CIF $60 for all (Cash In Face). Have 5 singles in your pocket and make $65 your walkaway point.

#1339 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Thanks guys. It was funny bc I was talking to one of the vendors at the flea market I went to today and he said he actually goes very early in the morning and actually buys all the other vendors games (at 6 AM!) and then resells them at his stand! That sucks ;(

i agree. $60 tops. the Genesis is def overpriced (especially if a model 2), the others are decent prices

#1340 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a reseller. Your normal gamer will panic and immediately buy. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the reseller-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1341 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

$60 seems high...

I'd just buy the Dream and SNES and try $40 then use those extra ones Shu suggests... the genie is just way too high ....

you'll find a cheap genie sooner than later ...

GL!

#1342 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

$50 for everything, if he says no leave the genesis.

#1343 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

I sold a Dreamcast bundle similar to that on CL for about $50. I had 3 memory cards and 3 games, but was pretty much the same.

Best part was the buyer gave me the price they'd pay, I was only gonna ask 30.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#1344 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

It is about $30-$40 cart only.

The one I picked up looks more like this 8-)

Posted Image
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1345 RenoTurk11

RenoTurk11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Thanks Schultz and uiengineer- Will try that, going over there now. I'll let you know how I make out.

Invicta- Thanks. My impulse is to buy but I've actyually been good with not buying anything. In fact, I saw a Sega Genesis with 25 games and 5 controllers for $30 and passed on it bc I didn't need it (This was 2 months ago before I started getting into this). Been kicking myself and wanting to find that gem deal ever since.

Donut and slow- Thanks guys. What would the dreamcast fetch if I resold it? I noticed on the boards that some people sell them at some pretty good prices. I read every single page of this thread :P I'm going to try $50 for everything to see if he bites.

Burrito- Thanks. I honestly have no idea on values other that PS1 and some Sega Games. I need to learn a lot, fast :P

By the way guys- Another guy has an Atari 2 Flash back with the disc with 40 games for $25. I don't even know what that is, is that worth getting?
A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool. - Reno, FFVII

#1346 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

found this awesome looking action figure at one house $2

Posted Image

and from another house

paid $6 for this stuff

n64 console w/ 2 controllers
grey contoller and green controller
n64 brand rf modulator

9 games

California speed
ken griffy
madden 2001
nba court side
turok - rage wars
waverace
wresltmania 2000
wcw nitro
xena

from a different house

Posted Image

Damn just getting Wrestlemania 2000 for $6 is a SUPER steal, so to get all that aswell, well like my friends borat would say, "VERRY NICEEEE!" :applause:

#1347 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

By the way guys- Another guy has an Atari 2 Flash back with the disc with 40 games for $25. I don't even know what that is, is that worth getting?

nope. it is only worth maybe $15 anyway.

#1348 RenoTurk11

RenoTurk11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

nope. it is only worth maybe $15 anyway.

Thanks!

#1349 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

Invicta- Thanks. My impulse is to buy but I've actyually been good with not buying anything. In fact, I saw a Sega Genesis with 25 games and 5 controllers for $30 and passed on it bc I didn't need it (This was 2 months ago before I started getting into this). Been kicking myself and wanting to find that gem deal ever since.

I was trying to channel Hunter S. Thompson. Guess that didn't work out too well.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1350 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Not a very big weekend for me, but not bad considering I wasn't planning on going out at all. I only went out on Sunday for a few hours.

Picked up the Following -

4 CIB Genesis games for $5.
- F1 Formula Racing
- Streets of Rage
- Streets of Rage 2
- Joe Montana NFL 95

For $2 the following:
- Cars PS2 Game - CIB
- SNES Video cable hookup.

That was it for gaming related items.