• Please log in to reply
2495 replies to this topic

#1711 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

^^ Very nice!

Lol just found out that my mom threw out a big box of old SNES games (actually about two years ago) she remembered seeing zelda and mario games. Estimated about 20-30 games. Straight to the trash can!

Edit:
Wow, jedikiller. Didn't think you would break the record of my favorite find someone posted here (previous favorite was a working psp with a fwe games for $1
But $5 for a working ps3... you cant beat that.. I am officially jealous.

#1712 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

$5 PS3?

Damn.. very cool.

#1713 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

I actually got caught up for the second time with these fake craiglist
yard sales ads this past weekend. Don't really get to go to many Saturday sales anymore since i work every Saturday now, so anytime I actually see
a decent one for Sunday, I try make my way to one. Sale said it had stuff from atari, to old nes stuff, to current games. Took the 20 minute trip
to find no sale. Guess someone had a good time with making me waste 10 bucks in gas yesterday....

#1714 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

$10? Damn, you need car with better MPG.

#1715 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

$10? Damn, you need car with better MPG.

Got a jeep, it eats gas, but it's paid off, so I'll stick with it for a while longer. But next car, yeah definitely going to go for better mileage.

#1716 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Wow $5 PS3!? crazy!

#1717 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Damn, I haven't had time to post--two weeks of weak finds. I don't know if I will catch up on pics.

When I first read about the fake ad, I thought it was a cool idea. After some thought, I have to come down on the critical side. I think the biggest factor is karma because you will affect some "innocent" people as well as some scumbags.

Edited by schultzed, 14 August 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#1718 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

But if you don't believe in karma, then all's well!

#1719 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

But if you don't believe in karma, then all's well!

Plus you can do anything you like if you don't give a Fuck about anybody but yourself :-)

#1720 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Damn, I haven't had time to post--two weeks of weak finds. I don't know if I will catch up on pics.

When I first read about the fake ad, I thought it was a cool idea. After some thought, I have to come down on the critical side. I think the biggest factor is karma because you will affect some "innocent" people as well as some scumbags.

I think that is the conclusion we all agreed on when it was brought up in the past. I think it was 2 years ago, but I could be wrong.

I am months behind on my posts and I may not even bother anymore. The thread lives without me. It may be time to pass the torch...

#1721 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

I hardly find any video game stuff anymore especially since I aim for classics. But I do find stuff to buy every weekend. But because they ain't video game related I don't bother posting.

#1722 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy
Shadowgate
8 Eyes
$5

Ninja Gaiden III
Mega Man IV
Kirby's Adventure
$12

TMNT Fall of the Foot Clan
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
TMNT III Manhattan Project
$12

#1723 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

I am months behind on my posts and I may not even bother anymore. The thread lives without me. It may be time to pass the torch...

I miss your posts. It hasn't been as much fun this year. Last year there were many more "off topic" finds (like cool comics). It seemed we were all learning quite a bit.

#1724 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

I hardly find any video game stuff anymore especially since I aim for classics. But I do find stuff to buy every weekend. But because they ain't video game related I don't bother posting.

About the same for me. This weekend I bought a movie project for $15 . . . turns out it is exactly this one:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec0a66369

I don't think I can get as much for mine . . . it works but the take up reel isn't working (I had to turn it by hand as I ran a film). I wonder if the guy who reconditioned the ebay one would buy mine to flip. I don't know if I can find someone to fix mine . . .

#1725 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

About the same for me. This weekend I bought a movie project for $15 . . . turns out it is exactly this one:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec0a66369

I don't think I can get as much for mine . . . it works but the take up reel isn't working (I had to turn it by hand as I ran a film). I wonder if the guy who reconditioned the ebay one would buy mine to flip. I don't know if I can find someone to fix mine . . .

I ran by one of those style projectors the other day. Didn't know they had any value. Value is probably determined by the brand and model. The one I saw was yellowish.

#1726 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

I ran by one of those style projectors the other day. Didn't know they had any value. Value is probably determined by the brand and model. The one I saw was yellowish.

It looks like the variable speed control is valued for film transfer.

Honestly, I just bought it because it was kinda cool. I had this old 8MM film that I picked up in a thrift . . . "D Day on Mars" and I wanted to run it. Turns out the film in the box was actually a very dull home movie . . . I had it sitting on the shelf for a few years and didn't know . . . Fuck

This is what it looks like:

http://www.etsy.com/...cludes[1]=title

#1727 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Off the wall question

Bought a Assassin's Creed Harlequin in the box missing the key.
I do not have the "doc" version but wondered if anyone here has both...
and if you do have both will the key for the doc version, fit (close/lock) the harlequin version?

It seems like it would...

Thanks

here's a link to a picture like the one I have

http://www.google.co...9QEwAQ&dur=3877

and the doc picture for reference

http://www.google.co...iw=1280&bih=582
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1728 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

I think that is the conclusion we all agreed on when it was brought up in the past. I think it was 2 years ago, but I could be wrong.

I would honestly find it hard to believe in my area that someone has everything from atari to PS3 and is putting it out on their lawn for sale, so that type of pitch would reek fake sale to me. I think you have to read the ad very closely and just try to spot the fake ones. But I think the one posted here about the guy having some boxed NES games and wanting to get rid of them for $1 each because he had a kid and didn't have time to play them anymore would be much more believable than a totally outrageous posting like having a ton of rare video games and putting them out for $1 each.

No one in my area has money to collect video games from atari to PS3 and if someone did have that kind of money they wouldn't be putting them out on a lawn for $1 each that is for sure if they needed to get rid of them. The people that usually put out games here have 1-2 old systems and a few games for each. They simply do not have a whole collection that they will put out for sale. I understand the need to pitch to the resellers when doing it but that type of pitch is just so far out that it is not even believable. No I am not saying it cannot happen, its just that there is probably a 1% chance of someone in my area doing that, same as there is about a 1% chance of a seller in my area putting out dozens of rare PS1 RPG's for $1 each.

#1729 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Okay, we get it. You live in a poor area.

#1730 swim83

swim83

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

I would honestly find it hard to believe in my area that someone has everything from atari to PS3 and is putting it out on their lawn for sale, so that type of pitch would reek fake sale to me. I think you have to read the ad very closely and just try to spot the fake ones. But I think the one posted here about the guy having some boxed NES games and wanting to get rid of them for $1 each because he had a kid and didn't have time to play them anymore would be much more believable than a totally outrageous posting like having a ton of rare video games and putting them out for $1 each.

No one in my area has money to collect video games from atari to PS3 and if someone did have that kind of money they wouldn't be putting them out on a lawn for $1 each that is for sure if they needed to get rid of them. The people that usually put out games here have 1-2 old systems and a few games for each. They simply do not have a whole collection that they will put out for sale. I understand the need to pitch to the resellers when doing it but that type of pitch is just so far out that it is not even believable. No I am not saying it cannot happen, its just that there is probably a 1% chance of someone in my area doing that, same as there is about a 1% chance of a seller in my area putting out dozens of rare PS1 RPG's for $1 each.

Lord I was born a ramblin' man...

#1731 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

same as there is about a 1% chance of a seller in my area putting out dozens of rare PS1 RPG's for $1 each.

Wow, there is a 1% chance of this happening! Fuck that's pretty high . . . so for every 100 sales you go to, 1 puts out PS1 RPGs?

The fact that there is any chance of finding good games for cheap keeps me going.

Or to put it another way:

"Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1."

"Never tell me the odds."

#1732 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Exactly. I hit at least 10 sales for every good one. Sometimes more. But when I find a sealed Star Fox 64 for 10.00, or a 3DO for 10.00, or a Turbografx 16 with a few games for 25.00, or 26 PS1 games (including a few RPGs) for 9.00, where else are you going to get that?
www.vg-force.com

#1733 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

Exactly. I hit at least 10 sales for every good one. Sometimes more. But when I find a sealed Star Fox 64 for 10.00, or a 3DO for 10.00, or a Turbografx 16 with a few games for 25.00, or 26 PS1 games (including a few RPGs) for 9.00, where else are you going to get that?

crap I missed the turbografix post. link please!

#1734 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

That was in Georgia before I moved here, lol. I have actually yet to buy anything off Craigslist since moving here, though I've thought about a couple of lots. Had an agreement on a nice n64 lot and then the guy stopped responding. Posted it again a week later... for less than I'd offered... dunno what was up there...
www.vg-force.com

#1735 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

crap I missed the turbografix post. link please!

i hit a nice TG16 lot for cheap in early 2011 in your area :)

#1736 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

got these at a random 5pm Garage Sale. the SNES game is actually sort of rare:

Posted Image

#1737 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Stone Protectors isn't very common, but I don't know if it's all that valuable. As far as I know, there has never been much demand for it. Damn good game, though. I played that sucker almost as much as TMNT IV and Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle. I'm tempted to go track down the old cartoon series.

#1738 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Stone Protectors isn't very common, but I don't know if it's all that valuable. As far as I know, there has never been much demand for it. Damn good game, though. I played that sucker almost as much as TMNT IV and Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle. I'm tempted to go track down the old cartoon series.

i agree. not much value...maybe $5-10. It is a fallacy of some to equate rarity with value. That isn't always how it works. (It is clear you are aware of that, so I am not knocking you).

#1739 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

i hit a nice TG16 lot for cheap in early 2011 in your area :)

Wait are you the guy I met at BestBuy with the gogamer shirt? I am not good with names.

#1740 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Wait are you the guy I met at BestBuy with the gogamer shirt? I am not good with names.

nope.