The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Exclusive

I'll be getting the one on your list from Amazon, thanks.

Have you no shame, incredipinoy? There's not even a steelbook to cover your tracks this time...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dodgeme']Steelbooks are the only reason I own any of the movies myself.[/QUOTE]

I use to think I was the biggest steelbook whore ever....until I read this post. There is no way I'll ever own any of these..even for a steelbook. I still can't understand how the hell these movies keep making $700 million worldwide.

Great, now I need to buy this blu-ray 3 times. #-o

[quote name='dodgeme']Steelbooks are the only reason I own any of the movies myself.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I have any sex is to cuddle afterwards. 8-[

Edit: I lied... Jacob's abs are the only reason I own any of these movies myself.:whistle2:$

[quote name='Snowball21']Just read this tidbit for the Target exclusive:

"Target is also planning a special 'Part 1' set for DVD and Blu-Ray with "authentic prop flowers from the movie set encased in a collectible keepsake.""

Source - http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/22820/target-gets-breaking-dawn-2-sneak-peek[/QUOTE]

My woman was talking about this garbage... Target.com exclusive it says, but my wife was telling me they will have it in store as well according to the article she read..
Link

13964556.jpg

13964556_Alt01

13964556_Alt02

OpenZoomLayer
OpenZoomLayer

god its a flower pedal in plexiglass and it will probly cost twice as much as the regular blu ray release. On another note why is this thread listed as RIP?

I was in FYE today and saw that they are going to have an exclusive for the DVD version (did not state 1 or 2 disc) that will come with a framed wedding picture. Yes, you read this correctly boys and girls, a framed wedding picture. Sorry I did not get a chance to take a picture since I left my phone in the car. When I go back this coming week I'll take a picture of the signage. This is not the one that is listed on the website saying "Valentine Packaging". Again, this is for the DVD version only - $24.99

(If I remember correctly the framed picture is the same as picture that is used with the Target exclusive with the prop flower but I'm not 100% on that).

[quote name='buster90']People are actually buying this? It was one of the worst movies I saw last year.[/QUOTE]

It'll probably only sell 6 or 7 copies. Total box office bomb.

[quote name='GizmoGC']It'll probably only sell 6 or 7 copies. Total box office bomb.[/QUOTE]

Is that good or bad? I'm surprised how much people pay for steelbooks at times.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']CONFIRMED!

Best Buy will get the steelbook treatment. :D

4674972.jpg
4674954.jpg
4674972.jpg
4674954.jpg
4674972.jpg
4674954.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Do you know which ones we should be ordering to make sure we get the Steelbooks?

When I do a Blu-Ray search I see two item #'s:

4674972 - for $29.99 / list price $40.49
4674927 - for $24.99 / list price $33.99

4674927 used to say "2 Disc" in the item description, but doesn't anymore and doesn't carry the Blu-Ray banner in the cover art, but does in the item details.

4674972 does have the Blu-Ray banner on the top of the box and also says it's a Blu-Ray disc, but never mentioned 2 discs.

I just want to make sure I grab the steelbook that's 1) actually going to be Blu-Ray and 2) has any exclusive extras should BestBuy get any.

I always have to do a retailer trek on Twilight release days because last year for Eclipse - Wal-Mart, Target and BestBuy all had exclusives so I had to make my rounds at opening of each one to make sure I got a copy of all of them.

If you do the search, one of them has a steelbook image next to it but not in the main page. In this case, higher pricetag should the steelbook.

4674972 - for $29.99 / list price $40.49

The one without the Blu-ray Banner is incorrect.

[quote name='Taco5']I was in FYE today and saw that they are going to have an exclusive for the DVD version (did not state 1 or 2 disc) that will come with a framed wedding picture. Yes, you read this correctly boys and girls, a framed wedding picture. Sorry I did not get a chance to take a picture since I left my phone in the car. When I go back this coming week I'll take a picture of the signage. This is not the one that is listed on the website saying "Valentine Packaging". Again, this is for the DVD version only - $24.99

(If I remember correctly the framed picture is the same as picture that is used with the Target exclusive with the prop flower but I'm not 100% on that).[/QUOTE]

As I posted earlier the framed wedding picture was only for DVD. I did get confirmation today that it will indeed be available for both Blu-ray and DVD. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Nothing was mentioned about rebates though but I'm thinking if there is a rebate, it will be $5.00 for DVD and either $7.00 or $10.00 for Blu-ray.

Thanks to neoz @ Blu-ray .com

WM Exclusive for Breaking Dawn, credit goes to White Rat @ SCC.com

Per White Rat

"Here's the Walmart exclusive breaking dawn box thingy. I'm very disappointed in it. I thought it was going to be a slipcover but it ends up being a stupid box that has the movie and the poster insside it. There a bit of embossing on the cover of the box but the quality overall feels pretty crappy."

WMDB2.jpg

WMBD1.jpg

WMBD3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very disappointing indeed!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']FYI, Target BD Exclusive won't be selling in-store, you have to order online.[/QUOTE]

That is yet to seen. It was the same with the "IRON MAN 2" exclusive if you recall. Online only yet it was sold in stores on release day...

I still can't believe my Target is doing a midnight release for this garbage. Like there's that many people going to come in at midnight to buy the damn DVD. We have NINE cashiers scheduled.

Why isnt the the BLuRay Price 19.99 and the DVD price 15.99?

I really liked the books.... the movies were ok but I picked them all up for 6 bucks each...

[quote name='WingsDJY']Based on the pictures, it looks like the BR steelbook is DVD sized. Am I the only one who hates when they do that?[/QUOTE]

I do too, I just pre-ordered the Steelbook from Best Buy and in the past several have been G1 (DVD) sized. If it is I'll cancel it and buy the non-steelbook. I hate DVD sized steelbooks. I'm guessing they do that so they don't have to make 2 different sized cases.

[quote name='Taco5']That is yet to seen. It was the same with the "IRON MAN 2" exclusive if you recall. Online only yet it was sold in stores on release day...[/QUOTE]

I wrote to Target to ask them about this and they confirmed the Blu-Ray exclusive will NOT be in stores. Take it for what it's worth, but I pre-ordered online just to be sure.

[quote name='chris100185']I still can't believe my Target is doing a midnight release for this garbage. Like there's that many people going to come in at midnight to buy the damn DVD. We have NINE cashiers scheduled.[/QUOTE]

Yes there will be. I've gone to Wal-Mart to get Twilight releases in the past and there's easily 100 - 200 people in line at my store to get the DVD at midnight. Target will have folks there since they are showing the exclusive Part 2 scene. I only wish there was a store closer to me showing it so I could get to see it. :whistle2:(

[quote name='sdcranford']I do too, I just pre-ordered the Steelbook from Best Buy and in the past several have been G1 (DVD) sized. If it is I'll cancel it and buy the non-steelbook. I hate DVD sized steelbooks. I'm guessing they do that so they don't have to make 2 different sized cases.[/QUOTE]

I hate that the Steelbooks are DVD sized too, but at least they will match New Moon and Eclipse in being huge. LOL Have to complete the set! I just wish they went back and did a Twilgiht Steelbook for BestBuy in the US.

[quote name='Taco5']That is yet to seen. It was the same with the "IRON MAN 2" exclusive if you recall. Online only yet it was sold in stores on release day...[/QUOTE]

With that you do run the risk of having another cowboys and aliens steelbook online only from Target.

[quote name='ITDEFX']retailers will find any way to milk this shit.....and women will still get us to buy it for them...blah.[/QUOTE]
sooo true well according to my gf who just asked if I'm buying it for her

[quote name='xbox_mole']I wrote to Target to ask them about this and they confirmed the Blu-Ray exclusive will NOT be in stores. Take it for what it's worth, but I pre-ordered online just to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Seems like discrimination to me. Just because the twi-teens probably don't have BD players doesn't mean they should not sell the BD version in-store.

This is slightly off topic, but still related to a Twilight star.... When Abduction (Taylor Lautner) came out Target stores supposedly got an exclusive with bonus material like deleted scenes, but it wasn't advertised in the circulars. I've seen DVD copies with the Target sticker, but NOT any Blu-Rays at the few Target stores that I've searched. Does anyone know if there ever were Blu-Rays that had the exclusive material, or was it limited solely to DVDs?

[quote name='xbox_mole']This is slightly off topic, but still related to a Twilight star.... When Abduction (Taylor Lautner) came out Target stores supposedly got an exclusive with bonus material like deleted scenes, but it wasn't advertised in the circulars. I've seen DVD copies with the Target sticker, but NOT any Blu-Rays at the few Target stores that I've searched. Does anyone know if there ever were Blu-Rays that had the exclusive material, or was it limited solely to DVDs?[/QUOTE]

I looked for this, but could not find any Blus with the exclusive stuff. I'm guessing it was DVD only.

[quote name='xbox_mole']This is slightly off topic, but still related to a Twilight star.... When Abduction (Taylor Lautner) came out Target stores supposedly got an exclusive with bonus material like deleted scenes, but it wasn't advertised in the circulars. I've seen DVD copies with the Target sticker, but NOT any Blu-Rays at the few Target stores that I've searched. Does anyone know if there ever were Blu-Rays that had the exclusive material, or was it limited solely to DVDs?[/QUOTE]

Yes. A couple Target stores in my area DID have the Blu-ray. Not many copies but they were out there.

bread's done
Back