Fable 2 for $2.99 at GameStop (Xbox 360, used)

f4t4lfury

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Crazy good deal at GameStop for Fable 2!

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fable-2/70785

Not sure if the deal is online only. The email says offer is valid 1/25/2012 - 1/31/2012. Seems to be live now.

I don't think it's a misprint...

Other sales, if curious, including Fable 3 for $12.99.
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale?cid=eml_10000440

Edit: Deal works in store and online! Thanks for all the feedback from various posters. Some people say they have trouble getting the deal in store, so you may have to specifically ask for it--or you could just buy online and use pick up in store and be good.

Edit 2: Now $4.99 on GameStop.com, but people are still getting it fro $2.99 in the stores. Also found that it's on sale for $4.99 + free shipping at Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the platinum hits is the same price?

Edit- well looking at gs.com the platinum hits is still $17.99

Since I'm sure a lot of people have already played this, how good is it? I got it in the BB b2g2 sale and haven't opened it. I'm looking into what to play next after I finish skyward sword, and its either Fable II, LA Noire + DLC, Final Fantasy 13, Darksiders, or Crackdown 2. Thoughts?

I thought Fable 2 was really good and entertaining some graphical and gameplay glitches here and there like getting stuck in trees and walls occasionally but very fun and lots to do. it's def worth 2.99

[quote name='KtMack23']Since I'm sure a lot of people have already played this, how good is it? I got it in the BB b2g2 sale and haven't opened it. I'm looking into what to play next after I finish skyward sword, and its either Fable II, LA Noire + DLC, Final Fantasy 13, Darksiders, or Crackdown 2. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
Darksiders

when gamestop lowers the price this much, does that mean they have a millon used copies of the game?

most of their older used games are between 10 - 18 dollars

[quote name='KtMack23']Since I'm sure a lot of people have already played this, how good is it? I got it in the BB b2g2 sale and haven't opened it. I'm looking into what to play next after I finish skyward sword, and its either Fable II, LA Noire + DLC, Final Fantasy 13, Darksiders, or Crackdown 2. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

+1 for Darksiders

Now go return Fable II, buy it for $2.99 and pick up something else as part of the BB sale (if you can).

Yeah defiantly Darksiders. Epic ending leading into the new one coming out this year.

It's nothing amazing but you can play through it rather quickly if you go through the main story. For $2.99, though, it's well worth a try.

[quote name='Barry Burton']when gamestop lowers the price this much, does that mean they have a millon used copies of the game?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Wasn't this game bundled with consoles? It's like Jet Set Radio Future / Sega GT 2002 with the original Xbox, there are millions of copies of those games.

Defenitely recommend Darksiders, One of the few that I 1000/1000, required 1 1/2 playthru's but loved every second.

EDIT:
I had to share this:

http://www.destructoid.com/how-darksiders-is-blatantly-better-than-zelda-160748.phtml

[quote name='Kylearan']+1 for Darksiders

Now go return Fable II, buy it for $2.99 and pick up something else as part of the BB sale (if you can).[/QUOTE]

Too much driving and hassle for $2 lol

Fable 2 is ok, I got mine when it was free on XBL, but I probably wouldn't pay more than 5 for it now. It has an ok story, but it definitely didn't stick in my mind more than the original dragon age.

very meh game. It was addicting, but the combat was boring and too easy, the story very meh, and worst of all the morality system is a total joke, as the choices suck, and I don't like games that change you looks based on choices (I was kind of mad ME2 did it too since I thought some of the renegade choices weren't evil at all but actually the choice that made more sense morally, so why the scars? at least it wasn't as horrible-looking though) I would give it a 6.5/10.

[quote name='KtMack23']Sounds like I'm playing darksiders.[/QUOTE]

http://www.destructoid.com/how-darksiders-is-blatantly-better-than-zelda-160748.phtml

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']http://www.destructoid.com/how-darksiders-is-blatantly-better-than-zelda-160748.phtml[/QUOTE]

This is ironic not only because I'm playing Zelda, but because Dtoid is my go to gaming news site that I read on the daily.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I wonder if the platinum hits is the same price?

Edit- well looking at gs.com the platinum hits is still $17.99[/QUOTE]

I've purchased fable 2 vanilla on two separate occasions and each time I've received the platinum hits version. Not sure why.

If you like adventure games or RPG-lite games, I think Fable 2 is a great play. I paid $30 back in the day and (to me) it was worth every penny. There are 3 possible endings, you can make your character all good, all evil, or in between. Character's appearance and weapons changes as you progress which is kind of neat. Your choices affect how the townspeople interact with you. Personally, I've bought much crappier games for much more than $2.99. :p Just my two cents.

my gf just picked this up for me and says the one she got is pristine/complete (i'm out of town for work so i couldn't get it myself).. great deal. plus, she says theres an unused voucher card for a free 48hr Gold subscription. would be awesome if it still worked lol, gonna try it on wednesday..

Fun little game. I picked it up during BBY B2G2 a couple weeks ago in my 4 games for under $10 steal and I would say pick it up if you haven't. The only reason it is so cheap is because it came with consoles (like MUA) so the market is flooded or else it would still be going for more.

use "CAG16" for a discount... once u use that code and chose the cheapest shipping it comes to a total of of 6.02. U save .48 cents... is this game worth it? ive never played it

Fable 2 is way better than Fable 3. I did EVERYTHING in Fable 2 and was looking for more. Never even beat Fable 3. Might have to eventually get around to that one day.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Did you have them scan it or was that just someone reading the price tag?[/QUOTE]

We both just looked at it he didn't scan it

[quote name='starmask2k3']We both just looked at it he didn't scan it[/QUOTE]
well I dont know how this sale works but in the past some games need to be scanned into the computer for the sale price to show up.

Wednesday is national price change day for Gamestop. They probably just haven't put all the newer price stickers on the cases yet.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Wednesday is national price change day for Gamestop. They probably just haven't put all the newer price stickers on the cases yet.[/QUOTE]

Lol, do they actually call it that ? Sounds like an actual holiday of sorts.

I picked this up for that price. Took it home, game would not install on hdd, so the disc was messed up. Returned it and they gave me the Platinum Hits version as a replacement!!

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Lol, do they actually call it that ? Sounds like an actual holiday of sorts.[/QUOTE]

No they don't call it that, just the way it is. It's also why their weekly ads start on Wednesday's.

Maybe we should have a thread on here for Gamestop used game sales that are actually good like this.

On that note, while browsing their site, I found out that Perfect Dark Zero is $2 used. It's definitely worth it for anyone looking for good 360 exclusives.

I have Fable 3 from my console purchase, so I might as well see if I can find Fable 2 and start there. But then if I'm doing that I guess I ought to get Fable 1 as well. LOL.

There are a few other games for pretty solid prices too. At the B2G1 sale, I picked up Fable 2 for that price, Stranglehold for $3.99, and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter for ($1.99) free.

I really like the Fable series, but I'd say go LA Noire, Fable II, Crackdown, then whatever else from there. Definitely entertaining enough to want to play through.

bread's done
Back