Daytona USA 50% Off On PSN Via Completely Random PSN Message ONLY

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 ptuck874

ptuck874

It's me bitchez!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

i would love to see die hard arcade or dynamite cop on xbl or psn.

+1

#32 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:13 AM

Posted Image

#33 czissis

czissis

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

Sucks. I want to get it but I didn't receive a message.

#34 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'm curious, did you get the message as a regular or psn+ member? Im a plus member and got it for 30% off (the week it came out) and still got this message from Sega.

#35 themidgardknight

themidgardknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

Thanks OP for the confirmation! I thought it was a scam or something. But it's not! Bought my copy :) even if I didn't want it that much, haha. It had caught my attention jussssst enough for $5 to be a great price.

Btw, to the question above, I'm not a Plus member. I wonder if it's just because I spend a decent amount of money on PSN? Idk...

#36 hecaitomix

hecaitomix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

i got the message with 50% off. not sure if buy or no buy.

3DS friend code: Hecaitomix: 2380-3115-6693
Safari: Ground Type: Trapinch, Nincada, Gastrodon message me if you added me.
142265.png

#37 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

Oh my dear god, now every stupid PSN message purportedly from Sony or a company offering a deal will be given legitimacy. I'm blocking all PSN messages in three minutes.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#38 PerryD

PerryD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

I really enjoyed playing Daytona again after years since my Saturn days. I also tried out Space Channel 5 Part 2, and had a lot of fun too, although I don't know why Sega didn't offer Part 1 with it.

#39 hecaitomix

hecaitomix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

Thanks OP for the confirmation! I thought it was a scam or something. But it's not! Bought my copy :) even if I didn't want it that much, haha. It had caught my attention jussssst enough for $5 to be a great price.

Btw, to the question above, I'm not a Plus member. I wonder if it's just because I spend a decent amount of money on PSN? Idk...

probably the reason why some only got 30% off and some 50% off.

i buy most psn games as well and got 50% off.

3DS friend code: Hecaitomix: 2380-3115-6693
Safari: Ground Type: Trapinch, Nincada, Gastrodon message me if you added me.
142265.png

#40 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

Oh my dear god, now every stupid PSN message purportedly from Sony or a company offering a deal will be given legitimacy. I'm blocking all PSN messages in three minutes.

You can easily tell which ones are bullshit and which ones are legit.

I don't think many regular users can send messages with attachments that take you directly to a discounted item on the store.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#41 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:26 AM

Anyways, no message for me.

#42 x1Bocephus1x

x1Bocephus1x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

I already own the game and got the message. Makes no sense to me.
[URL="http://card.mygamercard.net/x1Bocephus1x.png"][/URL]

#43 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

It was cool of them to send this out (I got one), but it doesn't sound like they thought it out very well.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#44 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

Are you able to forward the message? Maybe people here who already have the game can share the deal.

#45 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:07 AM

Are you able to forward the message? Maybe people here who already have the game can share the deal.

That'd be cool, but I don't think it's possible. I wish PSN had a gifting feature. I have no interest in buying this for my main account, but would gift it to someone that does.

#46 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:21 AM

Only gamers could complain about an unannounced discount.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#47 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

I ended up getting a message and promptly purchased the game. Daytona was always one of my arcade favorites and I played the heck out of it on my Saturn. I'm sure it will be $5 with one of the inevitable Sega sales down the line but it's nice to have it a little early for that price.

I wonder how they filtered who to send these to? Is it from buying something from Sega in the past or just completely random?

#48 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

I have the 360 version and I'm shocked that there's only about 15k people worldwide that bought it on 360. I've been wondering why Sega hasn't released any Model 2/3 arcade games on XBLA or PSN but now with sales numbers like these I guess I get it. I'm sure the PSN version sold better thanks to Japan but still I doubt it sold good. Do people not have arcade nostalgia? I for one would gladly buy Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Scud Race, and others if they were available.

The port of Daytona is amazing, it's the true arcade version in HD, it looks and plays great especially if you have a force feedback wheel. If you can get it for 5 bucks don't hesitate.

ostzsk.jpg

#49 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

I received the message and i already own the game. Kind of pointless marketing.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#50 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Those are some depressing numbers, Roy, and doesn't bode well for future releases. It seems like people don't really put their money where their mouth is for these classic re-releases. I saw clamoring for both Daytona USA and X-Men Arcade, for example, for years but when they actually get released they're largely met with apathy.

This release, unlike straight arcade ports like TMNT or X-Men, is really superior in that Sega added widescreen support, online multiplayer, and a Mission mode. Oh, and if you care, it's an extremely easy 100% for trophies as most Sega releases are. The Karaoke mode is just bizarre and doesn't really serve much purpose. Daytona would be a lot of fun online but sadly the lobbies are barren.

It's an extremely short and simple game with only 3 tracks but it serves up a great nostalgia trip if you were a fan of the arcade/Saturn version and is still a lot of fun as an early 3D racer with simple mechanics. If you didn't play the original or aren't a fan of outdated '90s racing games you probably won't like it.

Anyone for Virtua Racing next? I discovered while running through this that I was blending a lot of memories between the two games. Now I need to play VR to complete the nostalgia trip.

#51 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

I received the message as well. I have no interest in the game so I'm not buying it...

#52 mis0

mis0

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Wish I got an e-mail..

[mis0's tradelist]

#53 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Early last year I received one of these messages from I think it was gameloft offering to sell Modern Combat for $2.99. As I had already enjoyed playing the demo of MC; I went ahead an made the purchase and have been happy with the deal because MC is a fun game to play from time to time. Totally worth it.

#54 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

I received the PSN mssg, but have no intentions of making the purchase.

#55 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I have the 360 version and I'm shocked that there's only about 15k people worldwide that bought it on 360. I've been wondering why Sega hasn't released any Model 2/3 arcade games on XBLA or PSN but now with sales numbers like these I guess I get it. I'm sure the PSN version sold better thanks to Japan but still I doubt it sold good. Do people not have arcade nostalgia? I for one would gladly buy Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Scud Race, and others if they were available.

The port of Daytona is amazing, it's the true arcade version in HD, it looks and plays great especially if you have a force feedback wheel. If you can get it for 5 bucks don't hesitate.

People these days only want games with guns in hands and running around like idiots shooting people down. All other genres take a backseat. Sad.

#56 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

code was waiting for me when I got home, bought it instantly! I'll do this anytime they run a promo like this and I don't have the game already..I played it, it was ok, gave it to my 5 year old, he practically cried when he saw he came in 40th :lol: Quick speech about the golden years of gaming and trying to explain an arcade to him..he forgot.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#57 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:54 AM

Didn't get a message, would have wanted this game too.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.