RAGE 360/PS3/PC $19.99 NEW/$17.99 USED @ Amazon & GameStop B&M/Online

Oh really, I had printed off a $10 PUR coupon I was going to use towards Dungeon Siege III but I think I want to get this instead. Thanks for posting!

Clickable links

PS3
Xbox

[quote name='Brother Daz']Oh really, I had printed off a $10 PUR coupon I was going to use towards Dungeon Siege III but I think I want to get this instead. Thanks for posting![/QUOTE]

Your Welcome, I'm waiting on this thread to turn into the Versus/This game sucks debate lol. It never fails, lens of truth links, hardware gripes, just all types of negativity with a sprinkle of love.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Your Welcome, I'm waiting on this thread to turn into the Versus/This game sucks debate lol.[/QUOTE]lol, along with the inevitable gamestop sucks posts

[quote name='Brother Daz']lol, along with the inevitable gamestop sucks posts[/QUOTE]

QFT, SMH it never fails, you forgot the gutted/new rants. In all honesty; Yes, GS is a crappy retailer with questionable practices. However, I've never seen the employees usher people in with shotguns. People on here know when and how to exploit them aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played the game through once. It's a good FPS. Don't expect a full blown open world game like they market it as however.

Gamestop sucks.

But I have to admit, they have been sucking less lately.

I too have some coupons so this is going to be as cheap as I wanted it to be before I bought it.

Thanks OP!

I'll wait till this hits rock bottom like brink and duke nukem (it won't be much longer). I have lots of points for discount coupons but those are being saved for the vita

i didn't have a backlog though I'd probably pick it up if it were part of a B1G1 50% off $19.99 games deal...if there was in fact a game for $19.99 that I was interested and willing to pay that much for.

Personally I think this is one of the best fps of this generation. Even with the texture pop you get sometimes it is also one of the best looking games this generation. The controls are so smooth...going from this game back to COD, BF3 and bulletstorm made them seem clunky and inaccurate. I would say buy it new to support Id but you wont be missing much if you don't do the sewer missions or get the anarchy stuff.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Does the PS3 version still have the texture pop-in crap?[/QUOTE]

Yes it still does and It's horrible, really ruins the experience IMO. Overall this game was the biggest disappointment for me last year.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Yes it still does and It's horrible, really ruins the experience IMO. Overall this game was the biggest disappointment for me last year.[/QUOTE]

Try Duke Nukem then, You'll love it...

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Yes it still does and It's horrible, really ruins the experience IMO. Overall this game was the biggest disappointment for me last year.[/QUOTE]

Well I played in on the 360 and it is only noticeable at certain times and barely a factor after you stop looking for it. As far as the opinion of biggest disappointment last year I would have to say it is only because expectations were built too high for this game. People thought it was going to be more "open world" which it is more pseudo-open. It is more like Borderlands than MW3 though. You are not required to do things in order other than the storyline which then opens up more side quests which can then be done at your leisure. There is an end game so you must do everything before accepting the final mission or else everything gets closed down.

If you like driving games also, RAGE has a very competent driving element that you will only need for the most minimal of things. There were plenty of games last year that were much much worse...Duke, Brink, Call of Juarez:The Cartel, and BodyCount just in the FPS category alone. This game is worth $20 without a doubt.

EDIT: FYI if you have a buddy to play the CO-OP missions in they are worth it. They are not part of the actual game but new scenarios and sometimes new areas to go through. They are pretty intense and a lot of fun.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Does the PS3 version still have the texture pop-in crap?[/QUOTE]
I just started the PS3 version, about 3 hours in and see absolutely none of the issues I saw in videos @ launch. The game runs as smooth as silk and looks phenomenal. I'd venture to say graphical issues have been fixed.

Ooh..maybe I do have one of those b2g1 free coupons still. I've been waiting for a few 18-25 range games to use it.

I've played and beaten rage and I loved it honestly. I will say though the only thing I hated about the game was the ending. Other than that the game is amazing and I have the ps3 version.

The sewer missions in Rage are worthless. You need a guide to even find most of them and they're just single runs against the game's most boring enemies for swag. There's no reason to get the game new unless you really, really want it.

The Anarchy Edition includes a fist upgrade that is unique and always there. It also lets you choose a super suit with all three buffs when the game makes you pick a suit to give you a buff that sticks all game. The double barreled shotgun it includes isn't worth anything though. New car too, but that's not worth it. Just another thing to upgrade that gets replaced when you tier up.

Great fun game though. The overworld is garbage, it's just a beautiful thing to separate out linear mission doors. The game is imaginative, beautiful, and fun, but it's a shame they spent so much time on dialogue and none of it on plot. Also the racing is a waste of time.

My biggest recommendation is to definitely spend on Fatboys and Fatmamas for your pistol in the late game to turn it from a peashooter into a magnum death machine. That said, the game isn't hard to figure out. That's about the only trick I recommend, and that's just to keep that cool looking pistol relevant and add a magnum to your arsenal.

Also, if you don't have a co-op buddy, you should at least do the co-op missions alone to extend the life of the title.

Brink for worst game last year. Not Rage(havent even played it yet).

Jesus Christ, can Bethesda make anything besides Fallout and Elder Scrolls games?

amz had it for this price before and the used/like new copies in the warehouse went down to $12-$13 in case anyone wants to go that route. just a matter of being patient i suppose.

[quote name='BartToby']Brink for worst game last year. Not Rage(havent even played it yet).

Jesus Christ, can Bethesda make anything besides Fallout and Elder Scrolls games?[/QUOTE]
Brink was made by Splash Damage Rage was made by id, Bethesda just published these two. Just unoptimal buisness decisions.

Hmm. I think I'll play it safe by getting this used, and get a refund if I don't like it within 7 days.

I have a free copy for Steam that I'm waiting to play...I need a new graphics card and power supply for my rig. Maybe I'll do that project over the summer. Who knows?

[quote name='strait edge follower']I'll wait till this hits rock bottom like brink and duke nukem (it won't be much longer). I have lots of points for discount coupons but those are being saved for the vita[/QUOTE]man GS could really get me to buy my vita there if they offer the same deal that's been made avail to Canada
Trade in a PSP/PSPgo & I think just 4 games worth at least $8 & get $100 off the Vita, I was hoping for the PS1 to PS2 deal that I scored when I got my PS2 though. Trade in the PS1 & $10 games & get the PS2 for $100 off but I can live with this one, hopefully BB matches one of these deals that way I don't spend any $ OOP & my cash can go towards games.

Oh, OT
Got the game for $30 after pm using the 5 for $100 deal & it's still in the backlog

[quote name='BartToby']Brink for worst game last year. Not Rage(havent even played it yet).

Jesus Christ, can Bethesda make anything besides Fallout and Elder Scrolls games?[/QUOTE]

As stated before they just published the two you said but honestly do they need to make anything else Fallout 3 was amazing Elder Scrolls are always GOTY talks...

[quote name='benjamouth']Can anyone rate my chances of getting an Anarchy Edition if I order the 360 version from Amazon ?[/QUOTE]

There are so many copys of that edition at every retailer so I think your chances are high

[quote name='superman37876']Great game and an excellent price![/QUOTE]

Any thoughts on PS3 version vs. Xbox version in terms of which is better?

[quote name='strait edge follower']There are so many copys of that edition at every retailer so I think your chances are high[/QUOTE]

Friend of mine just picked up an Anarchy Ed. @ Union Square GS in NYC, So they're defenitely still out there.

bread's done
Back