Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop B&M Gameboy Advance Games 75% off YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#121 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Well, the two stores that I found admitted they had some but 'they were in the back and not out for display'. Which is why I'm asking. I don't really like calling GSs at all so if someone has been to one in my area with them out, I'd prefer that.

#122 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

my local GS had crap games left... tsk! totally missed out.
hope in the near future, game cube ones gets this kind of deal too.

#123 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

The one store I've been to in the KC Metro area that actually had quite a few just printed off a list of what they had in stock since they weren't on the floor to look through.

I'm hoping for an eventual PSP drop at some point.

#124 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

my local GS had crap games left... tsk! totally missed out.
hope in the near future, game cube ones gets this kind of deal too.

I was talking to my local gamestop employee and they were talking about clearing out inventory of gamecube games within the next couple of months actually...

#125 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

I was talking to my local gamestop employee and they were talking about clearing out inventory of gamecube games within the next couple of months actually...

Nice to know!! now the only thing left is to be the first to get into the deal in my local store before every good copy of the game im eyeing on is sold. hehe!

#126 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

Nice to know!! now the only thing left is to be the first to get into the deal in my local store before every good copy of the game im eyeing on is sold. hehe!

I was told they'll stop taking trade-in's sometime in April while in Gamestop tonight.

Also, if anyone is willing to sell me Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, please pm me!

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#127 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

Ya same here, want to pick up some first party titles dirt cheap \\:D/

#128 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

FWIW the used systems are NOT part of the sale. I scanned the refurbished AND the regular pre owned and neither were at 75% off.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#129 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

My local GS said they didn't have any games. Told me to go to a collectible/toy shop.
Posted Image

#130 sevenfold

sevenfold

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

Several of the stores around here have had their Gamecube games in boxes in the back for weeks now waiting for word on when and where to ship them so they're definitely on the way out.

#131 leylines

leylines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Saw that they had pokemon emerald online at my local store and called only to find out it was accidentally shipped to the store and that it was for a customer in another state. :(

#132 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Grabbed Puffy AmiYumi Kaznapped today for $1.25. I was happy just to find a store near me with a few games left out in the display case. All the ones closer to me were apparently pretty much cleaned out in one shot by a hoarder according to the employees. Aarrgghh.

#133 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Several of the stores around here have had their Gamecube games in boxes in the back for weeks now waiting for word on when and where to ship them so they're definitely on the way out.

I heard from a Gamestop Manager (a friend of mine) that sometime in April, Gamestop will officially stop taking Gamecube in trade. Just a FYI

#134 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:06 AM

I heard from a Gamestop Manager (a friend of mine) that sometime in April, Gamestop will officially stop taking Gamecube in trade. Just a FYI

One store I went to looking for GBA games actually had a sign out saying they stopped taking Gamecube games this past Monday. It's great news to me, since I only have three Gamecube games right now and I would love to get some more cheap.

More on topic, I actually found quite a bit of decent GBA games today when I went to return a few things to Gamestop. This store said they were being sent GBA games from a bunch of other stores, so that's why they still had a decent selection. I think most notably I got Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku 1 & 2 double pack, which on Ebay would cost >$20.

#135 zinks

zinks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

Since this turned into a little bit of a gamecube discussion here is the message from the gamestop website. It is at the bottom of this page: http://www.gamestop....ection/trade-in

#136 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

The one store I've been to in the KC Metro area that actually had quite a few just printed off a list of what they had in stock since they weren't on the floor to look through.

I'm hoping for an eventual PSP drop at some point.

Thought all the stores in the KC Metro area didn't have anymore GBA games. Tried the online store locator for the Pokemon games and it said nothing within a 100 mile radius of the zip code I punched in.

#137 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thought all the stores in the KC Metro area didn't have anymore GBA games. Tried the online store locator for the Pokemon games and it said nothing within a 100 mile radius of the zip code I punched in.

I only checked out the stores in the Independence, MO area. The only one that had more than 10 GBA games (that weren't all shovelware) was the Gamestop out off 40 Highway. That's where I ended up getting the games I picked up.

I asked about Pokemon, and all they had was some Pokemon Pinball or Dungeon Mystery game. Clerk checked the nearest locations that might of had some and they were all 2-3 states away.

#138 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

One store I went to looking for GBA games actually had a sign out saying they stopped taking Gamecube games this past Monday. It's great news to me, since I only have three Gamecube games right now and I would love to get some more cheap.

More on topic, I actually found quite a bit of decent GBA games today when I went to return a few things to Gamestop. This store said they were being sent GBA games from a bunch of other stores, so that's why they still had a decent selection. I think most notably I got Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku 1 & 2 double pack, which on Ebay would cost >$20.

Wasn't there a note earlier in the thread about the DBZ double pack possibly being a counterfeit game? Might want to double-check it.

#139 savagepastry

savagepastry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

99% of stores that still have gba games were sold out of the normal pokemon games a long time ago. They're the most popular games for the system - they're not going to last to 75% off.

#140 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

99% of stores that still have gba games were sold out of the normal pokemon games a long time ago. They're the most popular games for the system - they're not going to last to 75% off.

If you are really looking for some, you can occasionally see them for fairly cheap on Craigslist from people that don't necessarily understand their value.

On the side-note of the upcoming Gamecube trade-in retirement. Is a refurbished system worth the 29.99 they are listing on the website? I have some Gamecube games (primarily the Resident Evil games), and I just play them on my Wii. Not sure if I really need the Gamecube in that situation, or would it be a decent system to just collect?

#141 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

The main reason to have an actual Gamecube over using the Wii is for Gameboy Player or system link. If you aren't planning on doing either of those things with it then everything you could want from a gamecube can be served by the Wii.

#142 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

The main reason to have an actual Gamecube over using the Wii is for Gameboy Player or system link. If you aren't planning on doing either of those things with it then everything you could want from a gamecube can be served by the Wii.

Personally, I picked up a cube because things like a purple console probably aren't gonna happen again so why not. That and i picked up a cheap gameboy player at gamestop ($10).

#143 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Unless you have one of the newer Wii consoles that's not backwards compatible.

#144 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

Unless you have one of the newer Wii consoles that's not backwards compatible.

It's always good to keep a backup Gamecube if someone has a good amount of gamecube game plus GBA.

I just a gameboy player and rocking final fight!

#145 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Wasn't there a note earlier in the thread about the DBZ double pack possibly being a counterfeit game? Might want to double-check it.

I checked all of the GBA games I bought for the Nintendo seal on the chip, so I'm pretty sure it's real. Unless there's something else I need to be aware of?

#146 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

I checked all of the GBA games I bought for the Nintendo seal on the chip, so I'm pretty sure it's real. Unless there's something else I need to be aware of?

Nope, you're good.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#147 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I have a couple times bought Gamecubes, usually with multiple controllers and games on Craigslist for around $20. So I think $30 at Gamestop is a bad deal.
But your local market may vary. :)
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#148 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Probably best to call a local Gamestop for the price of the Gamecube console. 'Call? Aghhh!!!' I think a person would be fine calling about 1 of those. $25 was a price I was told when I went to get my Gameboy player. Sounds like a good price for a refurb. I may get 1 if/when they go down. For now, this Gameboy player will collect more dust...lol

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#149 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

So I ended up picking up a Gamecube with a gameboy player attached at a thrift store for 10 bucks. Any clue on where I can find the disc needed to boot the gameboy player? I called around to all of the local gaming places...

#150 2000man

2000man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

I bought 10 plus games for my kids today. Thanks. So far, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! and Drilldozer are the biggest hits.