Twisted Metal preorder- with $10 coupon to 1800-Flowers!!!

Duh, the flowers are an instant fix for the "You just spent how much $$$ for Christmas on video games and then you bought this!!!" conversation.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I guess cus valentines day is close? I guess.[/QUOTE]

Video Gamers don't have girlfriends, what is GameStop thinking?

This is a great marketing idea. Hey gamers, you know that girlfriend you don't have? Why not buy her flowers? No? Give them to your Mom then, she's downstairs making you a sandwich and she deserves to be treated nicely for putting up with you for 30 years.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Oh, I see! I can use the flowers to distract the wife so she'll leave me the fuck alone while I play TM! This isn't a bad preorder bonus after all.[/QUOTE]

Or it could serve as a gift for peoples fake video game girlfriend.:lol:

Between this and the thread on Bieber doing a remake of Home Alone I'm beginning to feel like it's April.

Flowers are overhyped. Save yourself the money and just give her some leaves. Why?

1. They're abundant AND free!
2. Bitches love leaves, go to a Michaels sometime if you don't believe me.
3. Leaves are basically tree flowers anyways so its not like there's a big difference.

[quote name='iamsmart']Flowers are overhyped. Save yourself the money and just give her some leaves. Why?

1. They're abundant AND free!
2. Bitches love leaves, go to a Michaels sometime if you don't believe me.
3. Leaves are basically tree flowers anyways so its not like there's a big difference.[/QUOTE]

Nice schtick, is this part of your open mic night routine?

I don't understand though. The game comes out on Valentines Day. So I assume the code is on the receipt, so you won't be able to order these flowers and have them for Valentines Day anyway. This should of been done with games released on the 7th if anything.

[quote name='SteveGo']Nice schtick, is this part of your open mic night routine?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but I don't see what that has to do with anything

[quote name='iamsmart']Yes, but I don't see what that has to do with anything[/QUOTE]

Well, you may not want to quit your day job.

I just played the demo and ... it was lame. It felt really dated to me. I'm 30 - and I first played TM games way back on PS1. The concept is boring now after all these years. It feels very 90's to me.

Frankly, I'd rather do takedowns in Burnout Paradise.

I want to meet the person who felt the best thing to pair with Twisted Metal and Sweet Tooth the Clown was a bouquet of roses, and I'd also like to meet the people in the corporate meeting who all agreed with him, and then I want a recording of the phone call between GameStop and 1-800-flowers in which this was discussed.

Played the demo a decent amount tonight and WOW! I disagree with the "same old thing" comment. The strategy involved in the gameplay now really takes it to another level from when I was playing it on split screen all night looooong ago.

Nuke mode is incredibly deep. Twisted Metal meets Battlefield. Different classes of cars with multiple offensive and defensive options, an amazing amount of teamwork involved, etc. If you think this is your grandfathers battlefield, you ain't played NUKE!

I also think the demo was amazing. But I also think burnout paradise was boring compared to the older splitscreen ones.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I want to meet the person who felt the best thing to pair with Twisted Metal and Sweet Tooth the Clown was a bouquet of roses, and I'd also like to meet the people in the corporate meeting who all agreed with him, and then I want a recording of the phone call between GameStop and 1-800-flowers in which this was discussed.[/QUOTE]

Needy little guy, aren't you.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I think i am going to tweet this link to Jaffe and count the # of expletives he has to say about it.[/QUOTE]

I have to say, from what I know of Jaffe, and from the simple fact this game has been slated for a Valentine's Day release for months, I'll bet he has no issue with it whatsoever. In fact, he probably appreciates that their promo is in the sick, "Twisted" spirit of it all. He probably feels it really 'drives' home the dichotomy. No doubt some people will be a wreck on the 14th...okay, I'm done.

Full disclosure: A few years ago, I got called out by Jaffe for my Kotaku comment (and username) about Brett Ratner potentially directing a "God of War" movie. Jaffe's not the Patron Saint of Righteous Gamers, believe it or not. He's got a 'righteous rant' streak, to be sure, but he's got an even thicker sadistic one.

[quote name='Kerig']Between this and the thread on Bieber doing a remake of Home Alone I'm beginning to feel like it's April.[/QUOTE]

.... in HELL.

sidenote: i agree that jaffe would prob think it's a funny idea, though i'd suggest something more tangible than basically a coupon i'm sure you can already find online with about 20 seconds of googling. how about a gun that shoots rose missles?

So not only will I be able to get Twisted Metal on Valentine's Day but I can save $10 and buy myself flowers too.

U51z1.jpg

So it looks like the thought is "Pick up your 2/14 release, get your girl flowers, she will forgive you for buying a new game."

Big Problem, other than it wouldn't work: The game comes out ON VALENTINE'S DAY, meaning you'd never be able to redeem it in time to order flowers for 2/14 delivery. In fact, if you order online, the code is emailed to you AFTER VALENTINE'S DAY.

Also, there are online codes that are almost just as good.
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/1800flowers.com

[quote name='understar']so not only will i be able to get twisted metal on valentine's day but i can save $10 and buy myself flowers too.

u51z1.jpg
[/quote]

lol

bread's done
Back