2012 MLB Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#571 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

Matt Kemp came up with a game winning homer in the 9th after the Dodgers blew a 6-0 lead in the bottom of the 8th to Washington. Man I was worried this could've been the season for us. After losing the first of a doubleheader a loss would have put us 3 games back with Stl. Cards for the 2nd wild card and the cards game still isnt final yet.

#572 GBH

GBH

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

Oakland is going to win it all.
I Didn't Mean To

#573 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

The Rangers *may* have put the final nail in the Angels coffin tonight. However, they are still in the hunt and anything can happen. Beltre coming back from his intestinal problem to hit the go-ahead 2-run blast was awesome.

Rangers have an easy (I hope) series in Seattle over the weekend then it's home for 4 to put away the A's and wrap the division up.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#574 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Pirates have really collapsed. Looked like they were finally going to have a winning season, but are a game under .500 now after being 10+ games above a month or two ago.

#575 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Pirates have really collapsed..

You are right in more than one way

#576 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

I am really excited for the Orioles this season. All of us in Baltimore are glad they are doing so well. Usually Orioles stuff is discounted cheap right now, but it's still at full price.

I'm always ready to BUCKleUp in extra innings.
Posted Image

#577 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Braves got a walk off homer from Freeman and have clinched a playoff berth.

Magic number to clinch homefield for the 1 game wild card play in is 3. Also 4 back from the Nats in the division, but unlikely they can make that up with games remaining.

Braves have also now won 22 straight games started by Kris Medlen, matching the all time record held by the Yankees/Whitey Ford. Got to like their chances in the wild card play in since he'll likely be on the mound.

Edited by dmaul1114, 26 September 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#578 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

Angels struck out a club record 20 Mariners' tonight, including Greinke's 13 in only 5 innings.

#579 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Former Cy Young closer Eric Gagne alleges in his new biography that 80 percent of his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates were using performance-enhancing drugs.

So says the dude. I don't find myself questioning it at all.
Posted Image

#580 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

So says the dude. I don't find myself questioning it at all.

That's probably what the league-wide rate was for anabolic steroid use, I don't have much of a reason to doubt it either.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#581 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

Oakland is going to win it all.

And the A's just won another in walk-off style!

#582 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

http://www.mlb.com/v...7916013768-1047

Because everyone should watch it. Weirdest call ever.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#583 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

And the A's just won another in walk-off style!

The atmosphere in that stadium is positively crazy. It reminds me quite a bit of the nuttiness in Oakland during the Warriors/Mavs series in 2007. I'm half contemplating making the trek up from the southern half of the state to see a game there while the getting is good.

ThroneofSeth.png

#584 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

That's probably what the league-wide rate was for anabolic steroid use, I don't have much of a reason to doubt it either.

The best was when someone said 50 percent of the league was on steroids and Rickey Henderson said "well I'm not, so it's more like 49 percent"
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#585 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

The best was when someone said 50 percent of the league was on steroids and Rickey Henderson said "well I'm not, so it's more like 49 percent"

Rickey Henderson is a beautiful human being.

ThroneofSeth.png

#586 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

http://www.mlb.com/v...7916013768-1047

Because everyone should watch it. Weirdest call ever.

That was fantastic, I love the swing of an nonexistent bat. :lol:

#587 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Atlanta wins another Medlen start. That makes 23 in a row now, which is the new record.

#588 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

It took all season, but the real Mike Napoli has finally shown up. He has activated beast mode. Hopefully he can keep it up for the rest of the year and stay hot through the playoffs.

I also read that Mike Adams is going to be out for nearly two weeks. He got hurt at exactly the wrong time, but at least Uehara has been pitching well enough to take over his spot.

Edit: and I guess Beltre got dinged up again. I hope it isn't anything major.

Edited by CaseyRyback, 01 October 2012 - 02:32 AM.

Posted Image

#589 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Atlanta wins another Medlen start. That makes 23 in a row now, which is the new record.

Yep. Really playing well down the stretch. Took 2/3 from the Mets this weekend, swept the Marlins before.

Up to 93 wins, with 3 games in Pittsburgh remaining. Best season they've had since winning 96 games in 2004.

#590 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

The Dodgers finally decide to hit but is it a little to late. We won the last 5 in row average a little less than 7 runs a game but only made up 1 game to the Cardinals. 2 games out with 3 games left. Still got hope.

#591 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

We are a few days away from the great debate in Southern California: who was the biggest disappointment, Dodgers or Angels?

SHAKING MY FUCKEN HEAD. :wall:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#592 JJSP

JJSP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

We are a few days away from the great debate in Southern California: who was the biggest disappointment, Dodgers or Angels?

After playing like absolute shit all of April, I'm amazed the Angels are even still in it. The Dodgers traded for half of Boston's roster as well as Hanley Ramirez and it didn't change a thing.

I vote Doyers.

#593 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

No way. The Dodgers weren't expected to do shit this year anyway. The Angels on the other hand...

#594 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

Don't forget to include the Padres in that conversation!

#595 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

No way. The Dodgers weren't expected to do shit this year anyway. The Angels on the other hand...

You can't reason with Dodger fans. They missed the playoffs in 2010 and didn't even give McCourt another year before they ran him out of town (this is after making the NLCS in 08 and 09). I know he was a shit owner, but they act like those two NLCS runs took place in the 50's or 60's.

Posted Image

#596 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Quarter billion in salary for one player?

#597 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Quarter billion in salary for one player?

That was for three players. The Angels spent a quarter billion on one player.

#598 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

The Dodgers might not have had big expectations going into the season, but they had one of the best records in the game for the first couple of months of the season, and then took on all of that salary with the Red Sox trade.

#599 JJSP

JJSP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

Pujols is getting paid to play. Crawford is getting paid to sit.

#600 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

And while the Angels and Dodgers spend like one-percenters, the Oakland A's just clinched a playoff berth!