2012 MLB Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#721 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

I'm sure A-Rod would have hit those 2 homers if he had the chance.

#722 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Looks like Orioles pulled another Baltimore Ravens and choked another playoff game down the drain like idiots :applause:. They must feel real stupid by now knowing this series should have been over by now and thus they should be.

How exactly did they "choke away" game 1? The Yankees came up with clutch hits when they needed them. Can't blame the O's for the Yankees coming up big. Somebody has to lose.

I'm sure A-Rod would have hit those 2 homers if he had the chance.

Doesn't he always? lol

Seriously though, I can't believe Girardi had the guts to make that move. When you make a move like that, how do you even bother playing the guy the rest of the series? At most, you HAVE to move him down in the batting order now. And I don't even want to hear any garbage news stories about "What kind of message does that send to A-Rod?" You know what sends a great message? Coming through and freaking helping your team out. I tell ya though, a night like tonight couldn't drive my point home any better about the guy.

I did love A-Rod's quote though. "Maybe 10 years ago I would have reacted in a much different way." Yeah...well, Alex, you were benched in favor of someone older than you. So, playing the "I'm an old man" card doesn't really work. Ibanez can figure out a way to not completely suck. Why can't you? 7 freaking strkeouts in 12 at bats. Where are my numbers guys at now?

Edited by n8rockerasu, 11 October 2012 - 05:03 AM.

#723 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

4 More Games!
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#724 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

lmaodetroit

A's seem to have that magic last years Cards had. Probably going all the way.

#725 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

And they're eating pie in Oakland tonight!

#726 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

lmaodetroit

A's seem to have that magic last years Cards had. Probably going all the way.

Let's go A's! What a game!

#727 GBH

GBH

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

Respect game or get flames.
Listened to this new casual song at the start of the bottom of the ninth on youtube.
Casual La Danse Du Fessie
pimp shit
I Didn't Mean To

#728 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

#729 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

I did love A-Rod's quote though. "Maybe 10 years ago I would have reacted in a much different way." Yeah...well, Alex, you were benched in favor of someone older than you. So, playing the "I'm an old man" card doesn't really work. Ibanez can figure out a way to not completely suck. Why can't you? 7 freaking strkeouts in 12 at bats. Where are my numbers guys at now?

I hate A-Rod as much as the next guy but that's not what he was doing at all. He was saying that 10 years ago he was immature.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#730 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Ibanez can figure out a way to not completely suck.

I really wish he figured that out 2 years ago.

#731 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

I hate A-Rod as much as the next guy but that's not what he was doing at all. He was saying that 10 years ago he was immature.

Maybe, but it makes it sound like 10 years ago he would have had a right to be upset. Maybe that's not how he meant it...but why not just say "I haven't been producing and baseball is a team sport"? Not a big deal. But still a funny choice of words. He may have been immature 10 years ago, but at least he could hit the damn ball, lol.

I really wish he figured that out 2 years ago.

Well, A-Rod set the bar pretty low for him.

#732 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

What a rally by the A's in the ninth!
Hopefully Oakland doesn't pull out another one.
But always feel good about Verlander pitching.
C'mon Detroit!
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#733 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

What a rally by the A's in the ninth!
Hopefully Oakland doesn't pull out another one.
But always feel good about Verlander pitching.
C'mon Detroit!

Should be a good game tonight...wish Verlander wasn't pitching though. :lol: Let's go A's

#734 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

As a Reds fan, this is hard to watch.

#735 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Looks like game 1 for the NLCS starts in San Francisco.

#736 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

Well, I'm an Orioles fan. :) And yes, those two loses sucked. Sigh.

What really sucks, though, is that these playoffs are on cable. No cable here. But I'm starting to enjoy listening on the radio again, so maybe it's not all bad.
Posted Image

#737 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

As a Reds fan, this is hard to watch.

They had an awesome year that not many expected. I certainly didn't.

Verlander is pretty clutch so I'll be impressed if the A's can pull it off tonight.

My hope for BotB v 2.0 remains alive for the time being.

#738 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

13 pitches and Werth finally gets the one he wants and puts it right over the wall. :wall:

Looks like NLDS goes Game 5 on both sides.

#739 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

That may have been the at-bat of the year.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#740 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

That may have been the at-bat of the year.

I was there.

And it was.

Everyone went insane. EVERYONE.

No one was sitting for the final two innings. Even between innings.

Edited by KingBroly, 12 October 2012 - 01:17 AM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#741 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

Baseball is such a weird sport. I really feel like the Yankees - O's game took a turn when Joba took that bat off his elbow in the 12th. It's rare enough getting a broken bat hit like that...but then having 80% of the bat come rocketing at the pitcher? What a stroke of good fortune for Baltimore. The Yankee bullpen looked dominant up to that point (Joba included) too. Then when Phelps came in, it just seemed like a matter of time. I'm not a fan of pitchers who give up long flyball outs. Oh well. CC better have his good stuff on Friday...oh and it would be great if Cano and Granderson would stop trying to impersonate A-Rod too. I don't think Girardi has enough bats to pinch hit for everybody, lol. Crazy that all 4 LDS series are going the distance though.

#742 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

I feel like that flying bat combined with nearly bleeding out on a trampoline is the universe's way of telling Joba that he should take it easy for a while.

#743 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You Can't Quit Me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Tigers!

Posted Image

#744 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

I can not wait for 5 PM tonight. Simultaneously I'm not sure I can stand it. Games are too close. LOL. Go Orioles!
Posted Image

#745 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Really hope the O's and Nats win today. Would like to see some small market teams that have never won/haven't won in ages in the world series.

If both go down, I won't pay much attention to the rest of the playoffs. Guess I'd pull for the Tigers.

#746 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Yankees need to get their shit together offensively. They've only had one inning in the entire series where they scored more than 1 run. I've always believed you can't rely on the long ball in the playoffs and since the Yankees are inept with RISP, it's going to pose a big problem if they make it out of this series.

But I have a feeling they are going to lose today.

#747 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

If they are going to win, Girardi benching A-Rod tonight is a good way to start.

#748 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

If they are going to win, Girardi benching A-Rod tonight is a good way to start.

Ballsy move by Girardi. The NY media will have a field day but that's inevitable. He's shown a lot of moxie the last 3 days. Let's go Yankees!

#749 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

After the moves he's made the past two days, this was really the only play left. Considering what a headcase A-Rod is, whatever confidence he had left was probably destroyed by being pinch hit for twice when he represented the tying run, and being moved down in the order. He's an automatic out right now. Good for Girardi to say enough is enough. You're a professional ballplayer. Either nut up and act like one or just get out of here. Pro athletes aren't told that enough, honestly.

#750 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

I am really pumped up for the Orioles game right now.
Posted Image