2012 MLB Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1142 replies to this topic

#151 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

Apparently he lost 25 pounds? How I have no idea but they are attributing it to his loss of velocity.

He had 25 pounds to lose?!

#152 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

I think they meant he lost 25 pounds of weed. He's depressed now since that happened, so it's affecting his pitching.

#153 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

Can this be the Jason Bay we met fans have been waiting for? Also great to see Ike get a homer today. I

4-0 against the Braves and going for another series win tomorrow with Johan on the mound.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#154 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

why the f did he lose 25 pounds?

he wasn't exactly CC.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#155 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

Can this be the Jason Bay we met fans have been waiting for? Also great to see Ike get a homer today. I

4-0 against the Braves and going for another series win tomorrow with Johan on the mound.

Don't get your hopes up with Bay

#156 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

Don't get your hopes up with Bay

I'm not but he made a great play in the OF and he hit a bomb. Ill take anything at this point. Anything is better than last year's performance.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.

#157 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

why the f did he lose 25 pounds?

he wasn't exactly CC.

He was doing a strict swimmer workout type thing over the offseason to increase his durability.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#158 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

small sample sizes own but you have to remember your first 10 games were against the worst teams in the majors.

False. We haven't played the Giants yet.
Posted Image

#159 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

That's what I meant, don't know where he was hiding 25 pounds of body.

#160 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

That's what I meant, don't know where he was hiding 25 pounds of body.

He definitely looks thinner, especially in the legs. Not as apparent as Brian Wilson's weight loss (dude really looks like a guy who went off the sauce), but it's obvious enough to me at least. I fully expected him to look exactly the same after doubting the weight loss reports, but when I saw him in uniform I was convinced.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#161 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Well... fences were moved in. Can't hurt. He won't be the Bay of the Pirates or even the Red Sox, but he should at least be an average MLBer.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#162 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Lol... Everyone is abandoning ship on Lincecum. Got an offer in my fantasy league: Lincecum, Hellickson, Storen for Strasburg. :rofl:

#163 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

I'm not but he made a great play in the OF and he hit a bomb. Ill take anything at this point. Anything is better than last year's performance.

Yeah I saw the game. I was happy he was able to contribute but at this point he is only really out there because of is contract.

#164 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

Rangers are beating that ass right now

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#165 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

Rangers are beating that ass right now

Validating my decision to shut the game off a while ago. :bomb:

Man, what a disaster Mark Melancon has been. I thought he was supposed to be a decent reliever, he's been basically throwing batting practice all Spring.

33126.png

#166 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Validating my decision to shut the game off a while ago. :bomb:

Man, what a disaster Mark Melancon has been. I thought he was supposed to be a decent reliever, he's been basically throwing batting practice all Spring.

I was listening to the game on MLB Network radio and the Boston announcer's said his ERA went from 9 to 49. Baseball stats early in the year are awesome.

Posted Image

#167 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

I was listening to the game on MLB Network radio and the Boston announcer's said his ERA went from 9 to 49. Baseball stats early in the year are awesome.

49 doesn't even do justice to how brutal he's been. He's gone from "possible closer and 8th inning guy" to mop up duty in a week, pretty impressive for a guy on a new team.

33126.png

#168 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

Melancon was an Astros pitcher. That should validify any argument stating that he's anything but absolutely terrible.

I'm shocked that the Astros let him get away, because it seems like the motto there recently is "Hey, can you play baseball? What's that, you can?! Now kindly GTFO."

#169 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

They showed that on FSN, shit was too funny.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#170 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

Awesome end to the brewers dodgers game tonight.

#171 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

I'm on record as saying the Melancon trade was a disaster from the beginning. They had no shortstop after they traded for him. It made no sense. And he's never been any good. Not a second guess, first guess.

#172 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

man rough loss tonight. Santana got banged around and man what happened to Ramirez. That 4 ER in the last two games. Well its still early and the Metsies should even out soon. Hope Dickey can take the rubber match. ATL came out to play finally.

I just hope there is 0 truth to the Mets honoring Larry Jones at Citi. I had 0 respect for Wilpon now. I never knew I could hit the negatives with this BS owner.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350

#173 jello44

jello44

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

Melancon was an Astros pitcher. That should validify any argument stating that he's anything but absolutely terrible.

I'm shocked that the Astros let him get away, because it seems like the motto there recently is "Hey, can you play baseball? What's that, you can?! Now kindly GTFO."

Rebuilding phase, yo.

They pretty much got a King's Ransom of prospects for Pence. If they all pan out, score.

Schafer doesn't seem so bad, right now.

Melancon wasn't that bad when he was pitching with the Astros.

72768.png

#174 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Lol... Everyone is abandoning ship on Lincecum. Got an offer in my fantasy league: Lincecum, Hellickson, Storen for Strasburg. :rofl:

holy shit.

Awesome end to the brewers dodgers game tonight.

That last play is why I watch baseball. Great stuff. Bummer we lost.
Posted Image

#175 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Glad the Braves finally got the offense going and beat the Mets. Could have a good year if they can get some offense going as the pitching is solid through the rotation and bullpen. And will get better when Hudson makes it back.

#176 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Braves offense rolled again this afternoon, thumped the Mets 14-6.

#177 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Damn Dodgers lose another in play at the plate, Matt Kemp ball was in time but catcher didn't place the tag in time. Man it was fun though 5 infielders for the final two brewers.

#178 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

Rebuilding phase, yo.

They pretty much got a King's Ransom of prospects for Pence. If they all pan out, score.

Schafer doesn't seem so bad, right now.

Melancon wasn't that bad when he was pitching with the Astros.

They should've asked for Domonic Brown in the deal. He's just wasting away with Pence taking his roster spot.

My point was that usually in a rebuilding phase, the team keeps at least ONE guy that can do.. well.. SOMETHING for their team.

#179 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

Bartolo Colon threw 38 straight strikes. That is ridiculous.

Good game for the Rangers tonight. Getting to the Boston bullpen in the 8th again was nice.

The game between the Giants and Phil's reminds me how much I wish the Rangers still had Lee.

Posted Image

#180 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

While I do miss Lee, I don't wish we still had him. He would have cost too much money down the line which is the same reason I don't wish we still had CJ. I love the rotation as it is right now.

I'm glad we swept the two-game stint from Boston, but the the Rangers face their first playoff-caliber team this weekend in Detroit. The Rangers have always played bad at Comerica, but the same was true at Minnesota's new ballpark. Theoretically, I would love to see them split the series. Gonna be interesting to see Darvish face the best hitting team he has ever faced.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies