Photo
- - - - -

Asura's Wrath $41 with clearance tag at Target. (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 rockettorussia

rockettorussia

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

This is almost certainly a mistake but may be happening at some other targets. Didn't check the 360 version but it may be the same as well.

Might be worth checking out your local target.

#2 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

pretty sure this one will be $20 in 6 months anyway, I can wait.
Posted Image

#3 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:57 AM

pretty sure this one will be $20 in 6 months anyway, I can wait.

Probably less, I've heard the game has only about 2-4 hours of actual gameplay.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#4 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

i predict $20 in 2 months, or when street fighter x tekken comes out in a few weeks :lol:

#5 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'll wait for the $10 price point. ;)

#6 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Target clearance thread ;)

#7 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

You know that Hepler chick got so much crap for suggesting a skip combat button...this game is pretty much the same thing right?
Posted Image

#8 media_wonder

media_wonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'll wait for the $10 price point. ;)

Ill wait till its -$10 (someone pays me to play it).

/sarcasm
Posted Image

#9 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Good... at that rate it will be $20 by this Friday!

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#10 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

You know that Hepler chick got so much crap for suggesting a skip combat button...

What?

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#11 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Is there more then 1 spot where they keep clearance games? i check my local target 4-5 times a week and they never have anything in clearance worth getting, most the time it's just 10-15% off msrp on games that are years old.

games that should be selling for $19.99 but are like 52.99 or 4x.xx

#12 sevenfold

sevenfold

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Is there more then 1 spot where they keep clearance games? i check my local target 4-5 times a week and they never have anything in clearance worth getting, most the time it's just 10-15% off msrp on games that are years old.

games that should be selling for $19.99 but are like 52.99 or 4x.xx

At the Target nearest me if they ever have clearance games they're way down near the automotive section and it varies by store, so sometimes you have to do some exploring or ask an employee.

#13 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

I know this game is gonna drop fast, but I absolutely don't regret paying full price. So many people misuse the word "epic", but this is honestly the most epic game ever made.

#14 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

I've yet to see a Target store with the game in stock period, let alone in clearance. I know it's not a well known title, but the lack of availability of this game in stores is really going to hurt its chances.

#15 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

This is why no one makes new ips

#16 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

I kinda want to buy it just to show these guys that I like their work. Some of the most interesting animation and effects I've seen in a game this gen. There were some really talented artists working on this one.

That said, it's as anime as you can get and there's not a ton of gameplay. It's pretty much an insanely epic Heavy Rain where the solution to every problem is to punch it as hard as possible, then a few open combat sections. Might keep my gamefly copy as reference; I can see playing through it again at some point.

Took me about 7-8 hours to wrap up on hard, for those questioning the game's length.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/29/2014   Anime doodles      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#17 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

The real problem is that when someone makes a 5-7 hour game on hard difficulty, they expect people to buy it at $60 then whine when it doesn't sell. I am all for supporting new ips, but if it's that short, I don't really want to spend my $60 or 40 on clearance on it.

$40 is still too much for me, but I will buy it at $20.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#18 samuraixyz

samuraixyz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

I know this game is gonna drop fast, but I absolutely don't regret paying full price. So many people misuse the word "epic", but this is honestly the most epic game ever made.

Can you explain in your opinion how it's epic? I only played the demo but, aside from the one-on-one with that guy with the sword, it seems fixed and based heavily of quick time events. Very cinematic though.

#19 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Reviews have been brutal . . . tons of cutscenes and QTEs, and very little actual gameplay. I'm sure there are some amazing scenes in this game, but with so little apparent actual gameplay, it just doesn't seem worth it. I'll wait for the bargain bin; preferably around $10.

#20 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Cue Comic Book Guy: "Fastest. Clearance. Ever."

Joking aside, I agree with most posters here--I'll pick it up when it inevitably hits $20. It looks like it has some campy action game craziness, a la God Hand, Bayonetta, etc. but the overabundance of QTEs, short playtime, and poor reviews mean I'm going to wait until it hits bargain bin.

I agree that gamers should vote with their dollars, ESPECIALLY when it comes to new IPs. But for me, that means games like Ghost Trick, Solatorobo, and Xenoblade--where I really feel strongly enough to pay more or preorder to support the developers or localization efforts.
Posted Image

#21 John187

John187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

This is a 2$ red box rental @ best... The graphics are awesome but way to many cut screens for my liking.

#22 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

You know that Hepler chick got so much crap for suggesting a skip combat button...this game is pretty much the same thing right?

What?

Look up Jennifer Hepler, Bioware, Dragon Age. She basically has been cyberbullied from fans for saying she is not a big video game player even though she writes for Bioware. Some fanboys lost their collective minds and think she is the sole reason for the decline of video games. It is really just childish nonsense.
Posted Image

#23 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Well there is a huge difference between this game as a new Ips and Kingdoms of Amalur. You need to give people more than 6-7 hours of game if you want to charge $60 and establish a fanbase. Heck the new Alan Wake game has 4-5 hours of SP and unlimited "horde mode" for a game that only costs $15.
Posted Image

#24 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

Black Friday: $10

That is my bet on this one, no desire to bother unless it is dirt cheap after what I got from the demo, which was QTEs and some minor script heavy on rail gameplay. So, about worth the price of a cinema admission.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Game looks cool but not worth 60 for 2 - 3 hours of gameplay, maybe 4 hours of cut scense and QTEs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

I´ll wait, probably Best Buy will have this as ´Deal of The Day´ for $5 on Nov-Dec.
Posted Image

#27 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

I´ll wait, probably Best Buy will have this as ´Deal of The Day´ for $5 on Nov-Dec.

Ditto, seems like one of those games that sell badly even tho it's ok but will never get a sequel; maybe they'll try to throw the character into another edition of MvC3 but that's as far as it's likely to go

#28 bnizzle

bnizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Publishers can really hurt themselves by selling all new games for $60. Tiered pricing would help shorter games a lot.

#29 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Publishers can really hurt themselves by selling all new games for $60. Tiered pricing would help shorter games a lot.

Ok, how much is low enough? Whenever I see a game come out at $40 or even $30, I generally assume it's not great or will require paid DLC, so I just wait until it hits $20 or less. I think publishers have experimented with tiered pricing and the same people who bite at $60 bite at $40 and so they just make less money.

#30 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Well there is a huge difference between this game as a new Ips and Kingdoms of Amalur. You need to give people more than 6-7 hours of game if you want to charge $60 and establish a fanbase. Heck the new Alan Wake game has 4-5 hours of SP and unlimited "horde mode" for a game that only costs $15.

There is also a huge difference if not one minute of Amalur is enjoyable to someone, which is true for a lot of people. There are plenty of us that still replay short games just like we did 20 years ago (some of these cost more than $60 and weren't even half this long); it's all a matter of perspective.

I do agree that there should be more tiered pricing, however. It seemed to work fine the previous generations, where something like this would be $40 or even $30 in order to establish a fanbase for potential sequels (can't forget the infamous NFL football pricing war that led to the exclusivity deal, either). This and NeverDead for another recent new IP are interesting attempts, but they're only decent games that won't draw too many people in, let alone get bought by more than a niche crowd at full price.