CAGcast #272: Sony Sympathy

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

I have to agree with the Vita's game lineup not interesting me. I don't wanna play tiny Uncharted with scaled-down graphics, I want to see it on the big screen and play it with good, non-gimmicky controls.

I couldn't agree more on the point about handheld games that mimic console games. Use the handheld platform to deliver something unique that can't be done on a home console. I've only got a DS and PSP right now, but there are plenty of games that utilize the hardware, games that simply wouldn't work on a home console. The World Ends With You and Gravity Rush come to mind.

As of now, I don't have a 3DS or a Vita. I don't see any games on there that compel me to get them, especially considering how they're both pretty expensive.

There are tons of people, myself included, that love the fact that I can play console level games on a handheld. I have no interest in playing mobile games. I haven't found one that has held my interest for more than ten minutes. They are all crap IMO.

Whereas I can play games for hours and hours on my 3DS, and more recently Vita, away from home.

You sound very uneducated as far as the Vita is concerned. Have you played Uncharted? Have you played it for more than Shipwreck did with his whole ten minutes at a Target kiosk? Because I have. I'm on Chapter 28. I've been playing the game for well over twelve hours of play time and would guess I have around five hours to go. The graphics are amazing. So much so that I am constantly taking screen grabs using the very easy to use option on the Vita. The game is every bit as good as it's console brethren.

It cracks me up every time Cheapy and Shipwreck say "I don't know who they are targeting with this thing? It plays console games, but worse." The reason they are so confused is because they are both Apple fanboys and just adore playing shitty iPhone games on a handheld device. Millions of people don't feel that way. And based on the Vita's first weeks sales, at least 600k don't agree with them either. Also LOL at their sales predictions.

#122 Whutt2000

Whutt2000

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Dungeon Hunter debuted at a $4.99 price tag and DH2 debuted at a $6.99 price. Any iPhone purchaser knows that these games from time to time go on sale, many times to .99. After the sale the price goes back up. So are you talking about regular prices or sale prices, because the Vita's DH can go on sale too. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Vitas pricing either, but be fair. I always predicted that the Vita would be dead on arrival. The DH Alliance title arrived on PSN at $14.99 and the same game is on the Vita for $40?? This is ludicrous. IMO they should have concentrated their efforts on the Playstation Phone, buying out Ericcson sooner and giving it the full branding of Playstation. If they couldn't do anything about those damn nubs as analog sticks on the thing, then just omit them. It would still be a better experience on certain games than on the iPhone. Dungeon Hunter would be great on a Playstation Phone with an actual game pad. My .2 cents.