Get Games Extra Day GIANT Sale, Anno 2070 $17, Dirt 3 $10, Sonic Gen $10.20, more

hal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Just got this in the mail from Get Games (affiliated with Eurogamer):

It happens every four years. Every four years we get a 29th of February. If your boss is anything like ours - you don't get paid for this day of work and you don't get any thanks.

Anyway, the point of us cluttering up your inbox is that FROM 11.00AM GMT on the 29th OF FEBRUARY FOR 24 HOURS we are taking 29 games and cutting prices big time. So check out the list below, get ready and then Get Games (see what we did there!)

So, to save money - 11.00am 29th Feb - and click the link...

** Anno 2070 66% off $49.99 $16.99
** Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 70% off 49.99 $14.99
** Batman Arkham City 50% off $49.99 $24.99
Cities XL 2012 70% off $39.99 $11.99
Commandos Complete 75% off $14.99 $3.74
Deus Ex Human Revolution + The Missing Link 70% off $64.98 $18.29 - activates on Steam
Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition 66% off $59.99 $20.39 - activates on Steam
Dirt 3 75% off $39.99 $9.99
Driver San Francisco 66% off $39.99 $13.59
Dungeon Siege III + Treasures of The Sun 75% off $49.99 $12.49 - activates on Steam
Explodemon 50% off $9.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2012 50% off $27.99 $14.99 - activates on Steam
Frozen Synapse 75% off $19.99 $4.99
IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover 70% off $49.99 $14.99 - activates on Steam
King's Bounty Crossworlds GOTY 75% off $29.99 $7.49
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 50% off $24.99 $12.49
Men of War Assault Squad GOTY 50% off $39.99 $19.99
Napoleon Total War Imperial Edition 66% off $19.99 $6.79 - activates on Steam
Operation Flashpoint Red River 75% off $19.99 $4.99
Red Orchestra 2 66% off $29.99 $10.20 - activates on Steam
Renegade Ops 66% off $14.99 $5.10 - activates on Steam
Serious Sam 3 BFE 50% off $39.99 $15.99 - activates on Steam
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter 80% off $14.99 $2.99 - activates on Steam
Shogun 2 Total War 66% off $44.99 $15.29 - activates on Steam
Sid Meier's Civilization V 66% off $10.20 $10.20 - activates on Steam
Sonic Generations 66% off $29.99 $10.20 - activates on Steam
Super Meat Boy 66% off $13.99 $4.76 - activates on Steam
The Oddboxx 70% off $14.99 $4.49
Tropico 4 70% off $39.99 $11.99

** these do not appear to be available in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got that email. I may bite on Sonic Generations because I didn't get it when it was $9.99 on the Christmas sale and I believe that is the lowest it has been up to this point.

Also I don't have to pay WA sales tax to GetGamesGo. :p

Sonic Generations is great - and I'm hardly a Sonic fan. I bought it on Steam last year, and it's a step in the right direction for the franchise. It's not there yet, but this game is definitely worth 10 bucks. It's pretty, plays nice, and easy to get into and out of.

Also, be sure to use a controller when you play.

These are all Direct Download.. Not bad deals, but I'd probably find better on Steam in the fall.

[quote name='kaydigi']Is the site trustworthy? I Will get Sonic, did they make Sonic Colors for PC?[/QUOTE]

They are fine. I got Might and Magic Clash of Heroes from them a while back. Got the key, plugged it into Steam, had no issues.

[quote name='Donut2922']Should clarify this is PC only in the thread title.[/QUOTE]

Windows Logo shows up in the title.

Also of note the Deus Ex and Dungeon Siege DLC are also on sale individually ($4.49 and $2.49 respectively), and Serious Sam 3 is actually $15.99.

I'm on the fence with OP Flashpoint for $5, as it's supposedly a mix of COD arcade style and a more realistic style, but I have a feeling the MP is dead.....hmmm....

[quote name='kaydigi']Is the site trustworthy? I Will get Sonic, did they make Sonic Colors for PC?[/QUOTE]

Colors was Wii only, and personally I thought it was terrible. After all the hype, and considering I though Sonic Unleashed was almost really good (just way too hard) I was expecting a lot, but Colors to me seemed like a giant step backwards.

I still need to play Generations though!

So what is this site? Do the games that don't use steam have any activation? I've never heard of this before....

I've never played a Total War game and Napoleon looks recent, so...

[quote name='Wolfpup']So what is this site? Do the games that don't use steam have any activation? I've never heard of this before....
[/QUOTE]

Just bought Sonic this morning. After you checkout you will be taken to a summary page of your order that gives you your key(s). A copy of the summary with the key will also be mailed to you. You then take the key and just add it to Steam like you would do a game you bought from Amazon or an indie bundle etc.

For Steam games you don't have to download anything at all from them. I have not bought non-Steam games from them but I assume they do provide a direct download for those.

Note that when you get to the shopping cart and go to buy the default 'delivery zone' is UK which gives currency in pounds. If you are in the US you will want to change it to "rest of the world" from the drop down box to get the currency in US dollars. Changing to Euro-zone will give the currency in Euros.

Anyone have a take on IL-2 STURMOVIK: CLIFFS OF DOVER? I'm so tempted to purchase a flight stick as well as a few flying games. It's been 10 years since I've used a flight stick and seem to be getting the itch again :)

Also, I notice that IL-2 STURMOVIK: CLIFFS OF DOVER states that it is not for sale in North America. Anybody know if this will keep me from activating on Steam if I decide to purchase from this site?

[quote name='Motoki']Just bought Sonic this morning. After you checkout you will be taken to a summary page of your order that gives you your key(s). A copy of the summary with the key will also be mailed to you. You then take the key and just add it to Steam like you would do a game you bought from Amazon or an indie bundle etc.

For Steam games you don't have to download anything at all from them. I have not bought non-Steam games from them but I assume they do provide a direct download for those.

Note that when you get to the shopping cart and go to buy the default 'delivery zone' is UK which gives currency in pounds. If you are in the US you will want to change it to "rest of the world" from the drop down box to get the currency in US dollars. Changing to Euro-zone will give the currency in Euros.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That's really descriptive/useful. And I assume it's legal and whatnot. Eh, what the heck, maybe I'll try it for Napoleon.

When I attempted to purchase Anno 2070, the game appeared red in my cart, with the following message underneath:

"We are unable to provide the highlighted item(s) for the country you have selected.
Please remove them to continue shopping."

I'm in the US — California specifically. What a drag.

I'm from the US. Will buying off this site (steamworks games) have any problem with region differences?

[quote name='Schazzwozzer']When I attempted to purchase Anno 2070, the game appeared red in my cart, with the following message underneath:

"We are unable to provide the highlighted item(s) for the country you have selected.
Please remove them to continue shopping."

I'm in the US — California specifically. What a drag.[/QUOTE]

I guess you answered my question about IL-2 STURMOVIK: CLIFFS OF DOVER since it supposedly is not available in North America either. How far did it let you go before you got that message?

Edit: Nevermind. I see the same after I created an account. If I want it, I guess I'll have to pay a few more dollars to Amazon.

[quote name='Saejin8']I'm from the US. Will buying off this site (steamworks games) have any problem with region differences?[/QUOTE]

I have not had any region issues with the two games I bought (Sonic Generations and Might and Magic Clash of Heroes). Since they do have you specify your region and put your address in I'm pretty sure if they weren't allowed to sell a particular game in your region the cart would block the sale. That seems to be the case with Anno 2070

Yeah, from what I can tell there are a few games that aren't available in the US - Anno, Batman, and Assassin's Creed. The others I tested seemed to work fine.

[quote name='Saejin8']I'm from the US. Will buying off this site (steamworks games) have any problem with region differences?[/QUOTE]

As long as you aren't blocked from buying it in your cart (due to region) then you should have zero problems. It's a legit site with legit keys and they honor publisher regional lockouts and will not sell you an invalid key.

Picked up Sonic Generations, it activated on Steam perfectly. My son is going to freak out, he just got the 3DS version and now this will be his first PC game.

[quote name='SolarUxie']My Super Meat Boy product key wont activate on steam and ive already emailed them with no response yet D:[/QUOTE]

They are in the UK so they're ahead of us on time and it's really late there right now. Hopefully they will get back to you later once it hits morning their time.

bread's done
Back