• Please log in to reply
1385 replies to this topic

#961 Daywalker

Daywalker

KNOW YOUR RANK

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'm done for trying to get at least one marine left alive in spartan ops

After you save the marines, get on top of the middle base so they follow you up there. Afterwards, use nothing but rockets and keep guard of the entrance to make sure the elites with the swords don't even have a chance to attack the marines. For the next wave with the covenant ships, just use the Spartan Laser.
Posted Image

#962 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Anybody get their specialization code yet? Seriously starting to get worried.

#963 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Thanks for the advice on the marine achievement.

Looks like they added winning kill cam at the end of a game

#964 Sistros

Sistros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the advice on the marine achievement.

Looks like they added winning kill cam at the end of a game

Wasn't it in already during launch week? I did notice that it wasn't anymore after a couple of weeks, but always wondered why.
Posted Image

#965 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I don't recall if it was.

#966 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

got mine a couple days ago....Came in a message on live, not email.

#967 Wet Ninja

Wet Ninja

Cheaping from the shadows

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

It looks like there's going to be a Halo 4 tournament via Xbox Live, called Infinity Challenge:
http://www.majornels...nity-challenge/

Also, Spartan Ops will be taking a mid-season break until the middle of January. Next week, a "best of" selection of chapters will be available in matchmaking. Then, from December 17 - January 14, episodes 1-5 will be available in matchmaking again (one at a time), for the Infinity Challenge.

#968 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

mid season break? what?

Virgin Gaming and XBOX 360

Oddly two things that fit well together

#969 dennisb407

dennisb407

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I got a used vanilla copy a few weeks back, all I did was put disc in and did update and for some reason took disc out and never played the game itself and returned it back to GS. Last night via xbox messages I received the specialization code.

So yea..check your xbox inbox

#970 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

got mine a couple days ago....Came in a message on live, not email.

Gamerdude, did you post in that halo forum thread I linked in this thread? I did and got mine as a message on live two days ago.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#971 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Gamerdude, did you post in that halo forum thread I linked in this thread? I did and got mine as a message on live two days ago.

I did, havent seen any Xbox Live messages yet....

#972 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

You would have received it via e-mail.

#973 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

So i just did the solo legendary in spartan ops. Wow. so you get unlimited respawns? That makes things way too easy...I mean yeah, I died like 23 times, but I was able to pull it off.....Is there any real reason to not do all these missions solo on legendary? Besides it being tedious and boring? Just wondering.

On the other hand, finished the campaign by myself on heroic. One of my favorite halos. Thank fucking god there
Spoiler

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#974 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

So i just did the solo legendary in spartan ops. Wow. so you get unlimited respawns? That makes things way too easy...I mean yeah, I died like 23 times, but I was able to pull it off.....Is there any real reason to not do all these missions solo on legendary? Besides it being tedious and boring? Just wondering.

On the other hand, finished the campaign by myself on heroic. One of my favorite halos. Thank fucking god there

Spoiler

There's 0 point in playing Spartan Ops on Legendary solo unless you like having your experience being tedious and boring.

Also, they absolutely need to include unlimited respawns with how much they throw at you. The last Episode was insane with how many enemies the game throws at you at a time.

#975 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

There's 0 point in playing Spartan Ops on Legendary solo unless you like having your experience being tedious and boring.

Also, they absolutely need to include unlimited respawns with how much they throw at you. The last Episode was insane with how many enemies the game throws at you at a time.

figured as so. I mean I thought it was going to be like, die once restart completely or something. I dunno. But it was just boring as I had thought. Just thought the achievement might have been hard to get, guess not. oh well. Just wish there were options for matchmaking for all episodes not just the current one.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#976 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

You would have received it via e-mail.

Those who mistakenly didn't get the email and signed up on the forum received xbox live messages with an apology and the code as I, Only One Haze and a few others have posted here about. Can't hurt to keep checking email and spam folders though.

Strange. You sure you qualified? You did play a game before the 20th and not just put in the disc, right? Maybe they accidentally missed your post in that thread. You could post there again.

#977 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

Those who mistakenly didn't get the email and signed up on the forum received xbox live messages with an apology and the code as I, Only One Haze and a few others have posted here about. Can't hurt to keep checking email and spam folders though.

Strange. You sure you qualified? You did play a game before the 20th and not just put in the disc, right? Maybe they accidentally missed your post in that thread. You could post there again.

Yup, played a good amount before the 20th so I should qualify. I also havent gotten my 100 point rebate for buying the season pass...guess I'll just post in the thread again and see what happens.

#978 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

I don't think anyone has gotten their halo points yet

#979 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

All those month promotion points always come months after. I remember from previous promos. Months later i would get some random small point amount in my account. Then if you check xbox live rewards site it will show you

#980 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

How do double xp codes work? Is it a 24 hour thing until the code expires and then you put in another one?

#981 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

You put it in on the doritos/dew xp site, log into live on the site and click apply/redeem whatever it is and then when you log on to your system and play it will tell you after the match when showing your score you have so many double xp rounds left.

Edit....You have a certain number of matches per code, depending on what the code came from. A bag of Doritos is 12 matches worth, a 20 oz Dew is 3 matches. And you can enter as many at a time as you want.

#982 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Ah ok thanks wanted to buy some in xbox market place but if its only 12 matches maximum per code(if its doritos) I'll just grind it out

#983 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, if you do Spartan Ops you can max at 11,900 (after doubling) per match which is pretty good. I normally get around 2200-2500 per match (win) in War Games so only maybe 5000 after doubling. So if you do it, Spartan Ops is the way to go.

#984 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Yeah, if you do Spartan Ops you can max at 11,900 (after doubling) per match which is pretty good. I normally get around 2200-2500 per match (win) in War Games so only maybe 5000 after doubling. So if you do it, Spartan Ops is the way to go.

hmm wish I would have known that when i had like 5 codes I just did Flood though it went pretty fast and got a good amount of XP

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#985 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

dang, didn't know doritos was the way to go. been drinking tons of dew... :p

#986 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

betrayal kicks really need to happen stat....

#987 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Besides being run over there are no betrayals don't play BTB =]

#988 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

dang, didn't know doritos was the way to go. been drinking tons of dew... :p

I've never seen a single doritos bag for this promo and I've looked all over. I get lots of mt dew 12 packs anyway though. Still haven't used all the 2xp from MW3's similar promo last year since I only played in 2xp events in order to get 4xp.

#989 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Yeah I have only seen literally 3 bags of doritos in the last week. I remember seeing a ton of them right before and right after launch. Havent looked for Mt. Dew.

#990 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Besides being run over there are no betrayals don't play BTB =]

how about CTF when you get a ghost and your teammate throws a plasma grenade on it? What do you call that? Cause the game calls it a betrayal.