Catherine (PS3 & X360) 29.99 @ Best Buy 2 Day sale

Deal was kinda meh but I've missed out on this on every Gamefly sale so I bit. Reward zone coupons took it to $19.99, so probably as good as I could have hoped to get it anyway. I just wish it wasn't the alt art cover. Beggars can't be choosers.

Uggh why couldn't the pre-owned drop accordingly too? Woulda been perfect to pair my $10 off coupon with and get it for 15.

Is their any chance that these would come with the artbook and soundtrack or was that exclusive to Amazon?

Also does Best Buy only have one version (normal artwork vs alternative)?

Damn it. No available for available for shipping.
bdiasd
These things fly out of the store.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is their any chance that these would come with the artbook and soundtrack or was that exclusive to Amazon?

Also does Best Buy only have one version (normal artwork vs alternative)?[/QUOTE]

From all the BB I been in to in new York city. They all have alternative cover :(.

[quote name='FerDK']Thanks OP but I´m still waiting for the magic number... $20 :)[/QUOTE]
The two largest online retailers don't have it in stock anymore -- WM and AMZN. You're waiting for an used copy.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']From all the BB I been in to in new York city. They all have alternative cover :(.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer. At any point did the alternative cover ever come with the soundtrack and artbook? I have the original cover form amazon with the artbook and soundtrack sealed from when they had it for $29.99 on Valentine's Day so I would like the alt. cover for collectors purposes and Walmart still has them in stock in my area tooo but i think they are at $39.96.. I've just never seen any with the soundtrack/artbook so I was wondering if they were ever produced

Sweet, did in store pickup. Not the magic $20 price I was waiting for, but if it's going to be hard to find down the line, might as well pick it up. Thanks OP.

::sigh:: I guess I'll have to bite since this appears to be going out of print based on eBay prices. I was hoping for that magical $20 price point but it may not ever happen. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Nice, been saving $20 in certs for something like this. Looks like Best Buy extended my silver membership also in the reward zone even though I never come close to spending $2500 in their calendar year.

Ok, with everyone saying this is going out of print (and online it reflecting that opinion), I went ahead and bit the bullet and put an order in. Fortunately, it is still in stock at the Best Buy near my work.

Ugh, not available online (free shipping is no prob when you WON'T SHIP) and store pick up would almost be do-able...except that the closest store to me that has a copy is in MISSOURI which negates the discount seeing as i live in Louisiana

[quote name='Daviddenton3']Ugh, not available online (free shipping is no prob when you WON'T SHIP) and store pick up would almost be do-able...except that the closest store to me that has a copy is in MISSOURI which negates the discount seeing as i live in Louisiana[/QUOTE]

It's only one state you would have to cross over. Grab a friend and a case of pop and set off. :D

So tempted to bite on this... but I gotta fix my car on top of buying Raccoon City next week and the Witcher next month. Guess I'd better keep my eyes out for a used copy in decent condition. ;(

Went into my local Best Buy where the price was advertised on the shelf. I wanted this for the 360 but only saw 1 copy for the PS3. I asked an employee who checked the computer and said they were sold out for the 360 and they don't plan on getting anymore shipments in. So I picked up the PS3 version as it does seem like this will be hard to find soon

I ended up picking one up ... concerned it may become rare, and seeing that only 2 stores in the area had it for pickup.

I got bit doing this with :ps3: Shadows of the Damned though. It is discontinued, and it was nowhere to be found locally. Amazon had it for $29.99 ($39.99 MSRP), so I jumped on it, thinking there wouldn't be a better deal. Amazon eventually dropped it to just over $20 weeks later ... and now the Origin store has it for ~$18.

Its a crap shoot either way.

My local BB still had a few copies and with my remaining trade in credit I could drop this down to only $15 for me... Hmmm.... I think I'll download the demo and try it first. Still might pick it up because this game probably will go OOP soon.

[quote name='Gixxer']Are you guys only getting the Alt-boxart at BB? Or is there a chance they have the standard boxart?[/QUOTE]

BB seems to only have the awful alt-boxart bought mine at gamestop and got the normal art.

lol I got lucky and got my love is over deluxe edition on PS3 last month for $59.99 on amazon still have it sealed. Been watching the ebay prices soar near $100 so kept it sealed.

I might get this game eventually and just print off the alternate cover art. I don't mind the censored version either. Would have been nice if the reverse side had the other girl on it for each console.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I might get this game eventually and just print off the alternate cover art. I don't mind the censored version either. Would have been nice if the reverse side had the other girl on it for each console.[/QUOTE]

Are there any Xbox games that actually do double-sided cover inserts? I only know of Playstation games doing this.

[quote name='whitereflection']Are there any Xbox games that actually do double-sided cover inserts? I only know of Playstation games doing this.[/QUOTE]

i only know of one game, which is Bulletwitch

Was this price on Amazon last month as a DotD. I really want to bite, but I'm still going to wait for $25 or less marking. :whistle2:#

I managed to price match this at Fry's, getting not only the original cover art but the first-run preorder version with the additional art book and soundtrack CD. They had a couple of those bundled versions behind the standalone versions - specifically, the Fry's in Plano, TX had one more preorder version left after mine. Might be worth the time to invest in checking this out if you're a collector and have a Fry's in proximity.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I might get this game eventually and just print off the alternate cover art. I don't mind the censored version either. Would have been nice if the reverse side had the other girl on it for each console.[/QUOTE]

Command & Conquer 3 Red Alert had a brunette on one side and a blonde on the other if I remember correctly.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but this does rang up at 29.99 in store.

Also, for those people waiting for 20 bucks or whatever, this, I believe, has been discontinued. Not sure if that price point will be reached anytime soon

Man.... I just bought Tales too... I have money to get it and I've been eyeing it but mang.... so its for sure being discontinued? How do you guys know this kind of stuff?

[quote name='Kakdum']Man.... I just bought Tales too... I have money to get it and I've been eyeing it but mang.... so its for sure being discontinued? How do you guys know this kind of stuff?[/QUOTE]

It's an Atlus game.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I want to try it but I can wait for 15 or less.[/QUOTE]
You could try Gamefly if you're a member there. It's $14.99 to keep and just recently GF had a sale which included free shipping for non members at that price. Unfortunately it sold out there just as quickly as it has at BB.

As for people saying 'oh it's an Atlus game'. Yeah it is. But I sincerely doubt you'll see it get 'zomg rarez' like some other Atlus released stuff. So if that's the only reason you're buying it, save your money since I have a feeling they way overprinted this game.

bread's done
Back