Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#6901 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

Wasn't mentioned, but I guess PS+ people get to buy it a week early.

#6902 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Scott Pilgrim is a GREAT game, way more enjoyable if you have others to pay with since it's lacking online. I seriously dont know why they didnt include online multiplayer...baffles me.

Also, isn't JSR next week for ps+ also Frisky?

There is going to be a new DLC character and online MP for Scott Pilgrim. I don't remember when and why it is soooo late, but yeah. I am hoping the online MP is free since it would suck to pay for it, but we shall see.

http://www.destructo...er-232707.phtml

523546.png

#6903 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

There is going to be a new DLC character and online MP for Scott Pilgrim. I don't remember when and why it is soooo late, but yeah. I am hoping the online MP is free since it would suck to pay for it, but we shall see.

http://www.destructo...er-232707.phtml

That DLC has been delayed till "fall" and there wasn't really a reason as to why. And if you read the article that you linked to, it states that the "Online Multiplayer+Wallace Pack will run you 400 Microsoft Points." So it won't be free.

#6904 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

WOW

Very glad to find that out, thanks.

and the MP wont be free, it says in the article...but ill gladly pay for it.

Now we need online MP for Catherine!

#6905 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

Scott Pilgrim is an awesome game! Alas, I have it on PS3 already. Wish I had originally bought it on Xbox, so I could replay it now. Oh well.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6906 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

I have tried twice to play Scott Pilgrim and I just can't get into it. The levels are super long and you're so weak in the beginning that you die frequently (or maybe I just suck at it). Maybe it's because I played a ton of the super awesome Castle Crashers before hand.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6907 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

I have tried twice to play Scott Pilgrim and I just can't get into it. The levels are super long and you're so weak in the beginning that you die frequently (or maybe I just suck at it). Maybe it's because I played a ton of the super awesome Castle Crashers before hand.

Yeah there's definitely grinding required at the beginning of Scott Pilgrim. I played 3 or 4 levels with my friend one night, then went to play more by myself the next day and for some reason had to start back at level 1, but my character maintained all his money and levels. So I was forced to replay 4 levels, which essentially took care of a lot of the grinding for me.

I actually enjoyed SP way more than CC, I could barely get through it.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6908 GBH

GBH

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

I loved scott pilgrim and hated castle crashers. Had 3.03 in my account and picked up the latest valkyria chronicles dlc. Anyone want to play through the zombie apacolypse or lara croft games we got from plus pm me.
I Didn't Mean To

#6909 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

Holy crap, online for Scott Pilgrim? My friend is gonna need new pants when i tell him about this.

Also cant wait to buy Jet Set Radio next week, never really got to play the original.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6910 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

after I beat the game with my first char in scott pilgrim I duped money for everyone else so I wouldn't have to grind again. its easy with 2 controllers you just give all your money and drop out, come back and you have the money again, iirc. and there is 1 shop that sells a reasonably priced item that boosts every stat.
Posted Image

#6911 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Bleh, two more side scrollers for PS+ after getting two side scrollers last month.

Glad to see they are diversifying their line-up.

#6912 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

If anyone wants to play MP for Scott Pilgrim when it comes out, pm me. Serious players, not ones that want to play like one level then quit for a week lol

#6913 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hmm, Scott Pilgrim for PS+, huh? Already have it on XBLA (I still need to play the Knives DLC since I got it on sale), but hey, free's free & I wouldn't mind replaying through it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6914 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ugh, I haven't bought a game in forever and still my backlog is more than I can handle. I think I'm not quite halfway through Outland, haven't even played Bloodrayne or Borderlands yet, and I've only played through like 2 levels of Ratchet and Clank with my buddy. And now Scott Pilgrim is coming. Yay PS+ :)

#6915 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Have they given up on PS1 classics or something? I have been waiting for almost a year for Fear Effect to show up on there (its out in EU), but no dice. Surely that would sell better than some of the crappy PS2 classics they have been releasing...

#6916 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Is there somewhere I can see a list what's been released for free on PS+ in the past?

The reason I ask is because I just started PS+ and there are a couple things I might consider purchasing, and it would help to know if it has already been a free release (they don't do them twice, right?).

#6917 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

If anyone wants to play MP for Scott Pilgrim when it comes out, pm me. Serious players, not ones that want to play like one level then quit for a week lol

It's local only.

Bleh, two more side scrollers for PS+ after getting two side scrollers last month.

Glad to see they are diversifying their line-up.

I'm not overwhelmed with their current offerings either. Still easily worth $50/year, but the last few months have kind of been duds in my opinion.

Is there somewhere I can see a list what's been released for free on PS+ in the past?

The reason I ask is because I just started PS+ and there are a couple things I might consider purchasing, and it would help to know if it has already been a free release (they don't do them twice, right?).

Not a full list, but here's everything I've gotten for free from PS+ since I signed up in June 2011:

Spoiler

Edited by tylerh1701, 07 September 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#6918 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

snip

Awesome, thanks Tyler. Now I just wish I had gotten it last year :-P

But you've helped my purchasing decisisons, so thank you again.

#6919 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

jiminy christmas, when you put it in a big list like that it's pretty crazy. even if each game cost a buck you'd still come out ahead.

#6920 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

jiminy christmas, when you put it in a big list like that it's pretty crazy. even if each game cost a buck you'd still come out ahead.

But people like to judge the merits of PS+ on each month and only each month's offerings.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6921 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

But people like to judge the merits of PS+ on each month and only each month's offerings.

Ya, the "what have you done for me lately?" effect. I'm definitely guilty.

#6922 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

In case no one noticed, the scores for ZenPB2 are linked to your username, so you have only one high score whether you play PS3 or Vita or both.

Meaning, if you unlock the 2000 point trophy, the four game trophy and the team point trophy on one system, you just have to boot up and finish one game on the other system to get those trophies on both, if that matters to you.

PRO TIP...it seems that for now, you get much higher rank points for a lower high score on the original four pack since I guess people are not playing those as much right now? I satisfied my trophy requirements easily on the original four (Tesla, El Dorado, Shaman and V12)

#6923 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Double Dragon is free from September through January so I don't think it'll be included in the offers this month. I think we could get something in addition to Scott Pilgrim still.

#6924 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

In case no one noticed, the scores for ZenPB2 are linked to your username, so you have only one high score whether you play PS3 or Vita or both.

Meaning, if you unlock the 2000 point trophy, the four game trophy and the team point trophy on one system, you just have to boot up and finish one game on the other system to get those trophies on both, if that matters to you.

PRO TIP...it seems that for now, you get much higher rank points for a lower high score on the original four pack since I guess people are not playing those as much right now? I satisfied my trophy requirements easily on the original four (Tesla, El Dorado, Shaman and V12)

Either Zen Pinball 2 is not all that popular yet or the pro score is only slightly affected by the overall leaderboards. I'm not a pinball pro but I was getting pretty decent pro score on my tables (I got it just by playing the four original Marvel Pinball tables).

By the way, I also just got my PSN Play credit so check your inboxes.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6925 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I tried playing a couple of the pinball games we got for free so far with plus. I must REALLY blow hard at pinball or you guys are master pros. I couldnt get very far on any tables I tried. I guess I just suck and hate pinball...

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#6926 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

I tried playing a couple of the pinball games we got for free so far with plus. I must REALLY blow hard at pinball or you guys are master pros. I couldnt get very far on any tables I tried. I guess I just suck and hate pinball...

Practice practice practice. Pinball isn't as easy as it looks. Just look at the rules for each table. Then try to follow them. I love real pinball lately. My friend recently got Comet, Freddy Nightmare on Elm St. , Data East Star Wars. Also he fixed a Funhouse machine for a friend so been able to enjoy that table too. I suck at real pinball but my friend is in a league that plays every week so he kills it all the time compared to my scores.

#6927 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

i hated duke nukem forever pinball trophy Balls of Steel

even with glitch its still very hard to acquire :headache:

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#6928 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

I suck at pinball in knowing how to mainipulate the ramps and so on, which is why I don't think I'll get many, if any, of the original Zen Pinball tables. I can keep the ball alive for a decent amount of time, but that's just hitting the flippers, not too hard.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6929 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

My subscription just ran out last week. Is anyone running any deals or specials? Or are there any expected soon?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#6930 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

By the way, I also just got my PSN Play credit so check your inboxes.

Thanks for sharing, I just got my credit as well. My PS+ sub has been out since the 1st and I've been waiting to get this credit ever since so I can renew. Now I can play some Marvel tables and hopefully get all these ZP2 trophies everyone is talking about.