Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#7981 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

I'm surprised anyone is anxious to play that generic looking remake. Looks like some garbage fanart that Gust would put in their games.

The creators left the studio before this halfassed project was in development( to join Grasshopper Manufacture I might add). Just get the real one. This shit looks like a joke.

Vita version has beautiful graphic.
For handheld game and for Vita game it is top of their lane,

though I do admit has frame issues,
regardless of that This IS great game.

Not just shitty re-make, or some garbage Gust makes (though I do lie gust games).
If you do have chance to play it, please do.
Yes $40 might seem bit to high for Vita PSN release game but To me it was well worth it
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#7982 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'm surprised anyone is anxious to play that generic looking remake. Looks like some garbage fanart that Gust would put in their games.

The creators left the studio before this halfassed project was in development( to join Grasshopper Manufacture I might add). Just get the real one. This shit looks like a joke.

I was actually really interested in it, until I found out it was a remake, then I was like whaaaa.... I already own it, which made me sad, and yeah the new character art, I'm not too keen on that either.
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#7983 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

$19.99 is the buying price for New Little King Story for me.

I want to support more digital releases of games but not at that silly price, especially not for a remake.

I wouldn't pick up Muramasa on vita for $39.99 either and I really liked that game on the wii.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#7984 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

New Little King's Story is a sequel, not a remake.

#7985 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

New Little King's Story is a sequel, not a remake.

Why do I keep hearing that it's a remake from people? o_o

#7986 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

It could be that the original announcement was poorly translated from Japanese magazines as to what it was, but it takes place a few years after the events of the first game.

#7987 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

It's a sequel storyline-wise, but gameplay isn't changed much if at all. There's an easy mode though, which I will shamelessly make use of if any of the bosses are as frustrating as in the Wii release.

#7988 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

$19.99 is the buying price for New Little King Story for me.

I want to support more digital releases of games but not at that silly price, especially not for a remake.

I wouldn't pick up Muramasa on vita for $39.99 either and I really liked that game on the wii.

Serious question: does ANYONE pay $60 for a digital copy of a game? Is anyone THAT stupid?

Games are $60 at release due to marketing, packaging, distribution, etc. Digital copies are always the same price, then rarely go on sale. Often times you'll find a game $30 months after release yet the digital version is still $60.

#7989 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Meh, I like getting my games digital. Especially if they are games that I want right away (or until 9PM because of PSN). I gotten Dead or Alive 5 PSN Download because my niece and I are huge fan of the series.

I like digital download for games. I feel stupid. :drool:

Edited by lupe guillotine, 06 October 2012 - 05:45 PM.
didn't game share doa5, my friend didn't want it.

#7990 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Serious question: does ANYONE pay $60 for a digital copy of a game? Is anyone THAT stupid?

Games are $60 at release due to marketing, packaging, distribution, etc. Digital copies are always the same price, then rarely go on sale. Often times you'll find a game $30 months after release yet the digital version is still $60.

Of course they do, as they wouldn't offer them at that price if there wasn't an audience for it. Some of those people are CAGs, too.

Some publishers have been offering their new games for pre-order at a discount and we've been getting sales on a retail game or two almost every week, so they are definitely offered on sale a decent amount of the time.

#7991 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Some people may have gotten free or discounted psn credit, so they aren't really paying $60 out of pocket.

#7992 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Know no one cares, but I finally got all 195 Spelunker HD trophies. So happy to have it done :3. Wish I could have done it sooner though. ><

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7993 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

way to go admiralvic, you are surely a masochist ;)

couldn't find exact details, but Estimated Difficulty: Near impossible to obtain.
4 out of 3,858 (0.1%) players have earned this trophy.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7994 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Know no one cares, but I finally got all 195 Spelunker HD trophies. So happy to have it done :3. Wish I could have done it sooner though. ><

Congrats admiralvic :applause: Spelunker HD is hard but the EX levels are you insane.

I know this game will take me a long time. Good Job!

BumslieOG.png

#7995 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

way to go admiralvic, you are surely a masochist ;)

couldn't find exact details, but Estimated Difficulty: Near impossible to obtain.
4 out of 3,858 (0.1%) players have earned this trophy.

Haha, guess I have a new sig. Btw, I have both the US and JP 100%, which I believe only me and Ray have.

@ Bumslie

They're not too bad, but EX 10 is just completely unrealistic for most people.

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7996 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Haha, guess I have a new sig. Btw, I have both the US and JP 100%, which I believe only me and Ray have.

@ Bumslie

They're not too bad, but EX 10 is just completely unrealistic for most people.

I saw the video and it looks insane and very unrealistic. I will keep trying to get through this game. Spelunker HD is such a fun game. Congrats also on the JPN 195 trophies Plat.

BumslieOG.png

#7997 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

I saw the video and it looks insane and very unrealistic. I will keep trying to get through this game. Spelunker HD is such a fun game. Congrats also on the JPN 195 trophies Plat.

the 195 remark was the sum total of them all.

74 US version
74 JP version
47 Black version

#7998 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

the 195 remark was the sum total of them all.

74 US version
74 JP version
47 Black version

Ok, I take it the Black version is JP only? Sounds like more craziness.

BumslieOG.png

#7999 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Ok, I take it the Black version is JP only? Sounds like more craziness.

Black is the base game, but with that black filter you see in area 6 on some stages. It was never released in the US and was later taken down from the PS store.

#8000 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

Black is the base game, but with that black filter you see in area 6 on some stages. It was never released in the US and was later taken down from the PS store.

Ok, damn Spelunker is filled with so much fun :). Why was it taking down?

BumslieOG.png

#8001 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

Ok, damn Spelunker is filled with so much fun :). Why was it taking down?

In January the rights pass from Irem to Tozai in Japan, which resulted in Sony removing the Irem published Spelunker games. Tozai never brought black back, but they wasted plenty of time staging out the EX levels and got a avatar pack US/EU has yet to get. Some suspect this will lead to a Spelunker Black Tozai Games Edition with EX levels, but I do think playing EX levels on black would be VIRTUALLY impossible and insane to even think about.

#8002 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

In January the rights pass from Irem to Tozai in Japan, which resulted in Sony removing the Irem published Spelunker games. Tozai never brought black back, but they wasted plenty of time staging out the EX levels and got a avatar pack US/EU has yet to get. Some suspect this will lead to a Spelunker Black Tozai Games Edition with EX levels, but I do think playing EX levels on black would be VIRTUALLY impossible and insane to even think about.

Thanks for that info. I guess if they made a Black version with EX levels that would be the right challenge for you. I could see you completing that since you make Spelunker look so easy in your videos.

BumslieOG.png

#8003 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

Thanks for that info. I guess if they made a Black version with EX levels that would be the right challenge for you. I could see you completing that since you make Spelunker look so easy in your videos.

Most likely they would be virtually impossible for anyone and would result in virtually no sales. The EX levels are WAY too dependent on timing out every single last detail, so changing anything could make the level impossible under normal circumstances. I've always thought Tozai was ashamed of Black, since they sold it for like 2,100 yen (like 25 dollars) and it was the same game with a filter over the whole thing. Sadly it did have some cool things, like the trophies were different (same tasks though), you played the black spelunker, the red spelunker attacks you, online had everyone as black, but with different color lights, though it's long since been forgotten.

#8004 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Damn... I usually don't have the patience to try to platinum any game. No platinum trophies for me, and I've only FC'ed 4 or 5 Xbox 360 games. Nice work.

#8005 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Damn... I usually don't have the patience to try to platinum any game. No platinum trophies for me, and I've only FC'ed 4 or 5 Xbox 360 games. Nice work.

I'm the same way, though I may 'legit' platinum Demon's Souls because I am a glutton for punishment.

#8006 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Demon's Souls plat isn't really hard at all.

It takes 3 playthroughs doesn't it?

#8007 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I don't have Demon's Souls plat, but that game was way over sold on how hard it is.
If you take your time and don't try to bum rush opponents, its not tough solo.
and the fact you can summon 2 friendly souls to help you, and they usually know the exact way and everything to do, makes it really manageable.
I felt a lil ripped off, and should have gone solo my first time, cuz i kept summoning blue spirits and they would know exactly which way to go and how to beat the boss and it took away that magic. but yeah, can't blame anyone but myself. kinda like borderlands with high leveled co op friends just defeats the whole purpose of the game, lol.

and a playthrough isnt really that long, i was always hoping they would 'fix' that broken monument or whatever its called and that would be a new dlc level, but nope.

now when they shut down the servers that they warned they would do every few months, then it will be alot harder.
no more black phantoms, but cmon, those guys are fun ;) ooh and i miss squid face prison guards and their bell chiming... so creepy!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#8008 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

The hard part of getting a plat on demon's souls is farming for rare drop items. I know some people that have spent 10 hours trying to get something to drop to never find one.

#8009 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Takes 3.5 if you are looking to do it legit (mainly because some of the Demon's Souls you need 4 of to make and get everything). If you choose to do everything legit, like I did, here are some tips.

First, make sure you know about the gecko's and where they are, since you have a limited amount of them each playthrough (some are in easy spots and others in tough spots). You need them since most of the pure stones from them and the farther in each level you get the higher quality stones you will find from the gecko's. Farming for the lower quality ones can be a pain, but its like any other grinding in an RPG. Hardest pure stone to get is the pure bladestone (has a really low drop rate and only two black knight ninja's can drop them in the game).

Second, try your best to get white character tendency on your first playthrough (I had to get mine on second and was a pain). For this you have to kill the black phantoms in each world to raise the character tendency. This is needed to get one of the rings. After that, going black tendency is easy, but getting white is a pain.

Third, don't let the 3.5 playthrough's look hard. The game is meant to get harder for each playthrough, but once you know what to do it isn't so bad. Believe on the second playthrough the difficulty (damage you take per hit) goes up like 60% from the first playthrough. The catch it though after the second playthrough each one only goes up by like 8%, so it's much less. Once you know the patterns and such for each enemy and boss it doesn't matter too much.

When I went through I made sure to do a lot of the stone grinding, and trying to push my character to white tendency as soon as possible. This made it so near the end all I was really doing was going through just getting the demon's souls I needed for weapons and spells.

While I did enjoy the game, I think a lot of people praise it a little too much. Good luck if you do decide to get it by normal means. I never did any friendly summons when i played. I only did the evil ones to get the Monk wrappings, just to get it.

Also, off topic but there are 140 people with platinum on Lost Planet 2 now, not 7. Granted, it is still a hard platinum (mainly cuz of not resetting the times online). More people will get it along with Spelunker 100%.

RPGHope18.png

#8010 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

takes 3.5 / 4 since you 2 souls (I think) are needed for a weapon, magic, magic and a miracle. You also need to beat every level on pure white (special bosses), pure black (colorless souls / special bosses) world / character tendency, and spend hours farming for pure bladestone (and others, but that will most likely take the longest). It's certainly not a game where you gain much doing it "legit", but thats what is required.

@ Velo

I agree (have the platinum), though I thought Atlus extended the server again. Could be mistaken since I don't care, but I recall having to post it.