Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#8431 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

The current PS Store design is too bright on the eyes with that blue. The new one will be a welcomed change! Plus it's HTML5

I can only dream this is a precursor to making the store available online like xbox does. That's so stinkin convenient.

#8432 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

http://blog.us.plays...new-releases-2/

The Drop for this week:

PlayStation 3

Doom 3 BFG (Also on PSN) – DOOM 3 BFG Edition features DOOM 3 and the Resurrection of Evil add-on pack, both of which have been completely re-mastered. The package also includes hours of new content – seven new levels entitled “The Lost Mission.”

This genre defining game and its expansion pack offers greatly enhanced graphics, deeply immersing the player in the demonic world of this terrifying horror masterpiece. Players will also experience a never-before-seen single-player story, The Lost Mission, featuring seven heart-pounding levels that will once again have them on the edge of their seats.

007 Legends (Also on PSN) – 007 Legends is the most diverse Bond gaming experience ever created. Gamers and Bond aficionados alike will become James Bond, reliving the world-famous spy’s most iconic and intense undercover missions from throughout the entire Bond film franchise – including this year’s highly anticipated new installment, “SKYFALL.”

Players use their Bond knowledge and quick wit to test their mettle – employing Bond’s full arsenal of gadgets and weaponry, to face notorious villains and their brutal henchmen, perform impressive stunts, and of course, mingle with gorgeous Bond women.

PlayStation Network

Silent Hills: Book of Memories (For PS Vita // Also on Gamecard) – A departure for the series, with a focus on co-operative multiplayer action rather than traditional Psychological Horror. Players can work together as they explore several different Otherworlds, solving puzzles and defeating creatures to advance through the Nightmares and uncover the truth behind the Book of Memories. Scare rooms, limited resources, and dark atmosphere all return – but in a gameplay package specifically designed to take advantage of the PlayStation Vita.

Dokuro (For PS Vita) – With a captivating chalk-drawn setting and adorable fairytale themes, Dokuro provides a unique platform-puzzle experience that will flex your mind and heart!This game tells the story of charming skeletal hero Dokuro, the great and powerful Dark Lord who is Dokuro’s boss, and the beautiful princess that the Dark Lord , returns to his castle with one day. From the moment he lays his eyes on her, Dokuro is love-struck and resolves to save her from his master’s treacherous castle.

Arkedo Series 03 Pixel! – Douse your console in a colorful world and get ready for some serious old-school action! In this 2D platformer, you’ll direct Pix the Cat through his nocturnal wanderings in a pixilated world. You may already have met Pix the Cat in Pix’n Love Rush. Instead of the short scoring-oriented sessions of the Pix’s previous game, however, 03 — Pixel! is more in line with traditional platform adventure, offering a fully HD adventure for classically-styled gaming fans!

Of Orcs and Men – Play as Arkaïl, an elite Orc soldier of the legendary legion of Bloodjaws, a league of warriors devoted to victory in the war against Humankind. As a veteran group of warriors who have seen the most brutal of battles, the Bloodjaws are appointed to complete a mission that could change the course of the war: kill the one man responsible for all of the bloodshed, the one who has, for years, exhorted the human masses to loath and fight the green-skinned people… the Emperor himself.

Jeopardy! – Jimmy and Sarah will join Kelly to complete the JEOPARDY! Clue Crew and bring the clues to life for the first time in game format Vibrant HD graphics, improved menu interface and fresh in-game features! Play with your friends online and earn bragging rights among your buddies. Compare earnings and progress on the post game leaderboards.

Wheel of Fortune – Wheel. Of. Fortune!! Spin the wheel along with Pat Sajak and Vanna White on the virtual version of America’s game! Vibrant HD graphics, improved menu interface and fresh in-game features! Voice Overs by Pat Sajak, Vanna White and Jim Thornton will make you feel like you’re on the set of Wheel of Fortune! New animated videos and a mini game add variety to your Wheel of Fortune experience. Play with your friends online and earn bragging rights among your buddies. Compare earnings and progress on the post game leaderboards.

minis

Breakquest: Extra Evolution

PlayStation 2 Classic

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe – Players enter the world of Narnia, a land frozen in eternal winter by the evil powers of the malevolent and evil White Witch. In order to end this frigid captivity and free his people, the mighty lion Aslan, true ruler of Narnia, invokes an ancient prophecy. It will become the destiny of four young siblings from our world: Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy Pevensie to work together and use their unique combat skills, weaponry and abilities to defeat the Witch and her armies and save Narnia. These four unlikely heroes must battle the evil forces of the White Witch by waging war against a vast variety of creatures, including Centaurs, Minotaurs, Minoboars, Cyclops, Werewolves, Wraiths, Ankleslicers, Wolves, Satyrs, Boggles and more.

#8433 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Wonder how 007 legends will turn out...

#8434 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

I thought we were getting all the Arkedo games in 1 bundle? Either or, I like how they start with 3 / only announce 3.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#8435 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

will Fez ever come to PSN? I know its an XBLA exclusive game but its bound to come to other platforms at some point right?

300px-Titan_esports.jpg

#8436 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

will Fez ever come to PSN? I know its an XBLA exclusive game but its bound to come to other platforms at some point right?

It's published by M$, so it is EXTREMELY unlikely.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#8437 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

The Chronicles of Narnia as a PS2 classic?

:cry:

I know they have to make sure folks can still cash in on HD remakes, but surely they can do better than that. Gradius V? Klonoa 2? Digital Devil Saga? Shadow Hearts? So many good PS2 games that could go on there.

#8438 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

I know they have to make sure folks can still cash in on HD remakes, but surely they can do better than that. Gradius V? Klonoa 2? Digital Devil Saga? Shadow Hearts? So many good PS2 games that could go on there.

Waiting on shadow hearts 2: covenant whatever

#8439 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Don't get me started on what games deserve the title "PS2 Classic" versus most of what they've put up thus far.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#8440 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

I didn't know microsoft published it, I have been dying to play this game ever since I saw Indie Game The Movie but I don't own an Xbox 360 so I hope this game makes it onto psn or steam at some point

300px-Titan_esports.jpg

#8441 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

I agree.

I never used PSN video store for a reason, I don't want to. I also don't like looking at advertisements every page, I block that stuff on my PC for a reason. And video playing in background? I see lots of lag incoming, and old PSN store was bad enough with that clock loading in top right.

There are ads on every page in the PS Store for various things in the PS Store for a long time now, which includes ads for Movies and TV Shows in the Game Store. No videos were auto-playing in that walkthrough, so there won't be any issues if you don't click on them.

#8442 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Don't get me started on what games deserve the title "PS2 Classic" versus most of what they've put up thus far.

I was pretty stoked at first with Odin Sphere, God Hand, and Persona 3, I thought we'd be getting more along those lines. It's been pretty lousy outside of those.

#8443 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

That doesn't really mean anything. Phil Fish is eager to see the exclusivity contract expire so he can get the game on Steam and I'm sure it'll come to PSN at some point if he wants to get it out to more people after that.

#8444 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

That doesn't really mean anything. Phil Fish is eager to see the exclusivity contract expire so he can get the game on Steam and I'm sure it'll come to PSN at some point if he wants to get it out to more people after that.

is Phil Fish really thinking of bring the game to Steam, after all he did say "PC are for spreadsheets" seems he's changed his mind about that

Anyway, when does the time-exclusive contract end, the game released back in April so it can't be long now

300px-Titan_esports.jpg

#8445 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

is Phil Fish really thinking of bring the game to Steam, after all he did say "PC are for spreadsheets" seems he's changed his mind about that

Anyway, when does the time-exclusive contract end, the game released back in April so it can't be long now

That would only be known by him and Microsoft, but this is what he said about that:

During the Q&A, someone inevitably asked if Fez would escape Xbox 360 exclusivity, and while Fish would not explicitly say yes, he didn’t try very hard to say no, either.

“Maybe?” he said. “We are looking at porting the game to other platforms, but there’s nothing concrete about it, so we won’t say which ones, just to be a tease. But, of course, I want the game to be on everything, I don’t want to be stuck on Xbox Live Arcade. I spent five years of my life working on this, I want everybody to play it.”

http://www.giantbomb...after-fez/4275/

#8446 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

I was pretty stoked at first with Odin Sphere, God Hand, and Persona 3, I thought we'd be getting more along those lines. It's been pretty lousy outside of those.

Whaaaat??? WHERE IS MY CONTROLLER?

#8447 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Looks like you can use the $2 off Digital Game code from this thread (SQRLUVIO) on the new PSN codes, so you can get them for a little cheaper if you want.

$20: http://www.amazon.co...uct/B004RMK4BC/

$50: http://www.amazon.co...SIN/B004RMK4P8/

PS+ 3 Month: http://www.amazon.co...SIN/B004RMK57U/

PS+ 1 Year: http://www.amazon.co...SIN/B004RMK5QG/

#8448 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

Dokuro's going to be $20 right? And how's Doctor Who?

#8449 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Pretty pumped for the new Sleeping Dogs DLC coming out 10/30.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#8450 boom!

boom!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

@Frisky. Do you know if the kofxiii discounts will expire with next update?

#8451 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

Dokuro's going to be $20 right? And how's Doctor Who?

pretty sure. Paid about 50 and thought it was well worth it. 20 is a steal.

#8452 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

Anyone know if you can gameshare Vita DLC?

#8453 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

I didn't know microsoft published it, I have been dying to play this game ever since I saw Indie Game The Movie but I don't own an Xbox 360 so I hope this game makes it onto psn or steam at some point

I personally don't think it will ever make it to PSN, but I think it will probably hit Steam eventually. Although you're really not missing out on all that much.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#8454 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Anyone know if you can gameshare Vita DLC?

I wanna say no since the Vita Memory card is linked to a profile. From my experience, it won't even let me use JP vita demo since that is linked to another profile.

#8455 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

@Frisky. Do you know if the kofxiii discounts will expire with next update?

Check the OP for red asterisks next to them.

#8456 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

i thought 1 psn account can be tied to 2 ps3 systems and 2 handheld systems...
Posted Image

#8457 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

If you haven't tried Journey yet, make sure to! Absolutely one of the best and most cerebral experiences I've had this entire generation. And this is coming from one of its biggest skeptics. Probably a better deal to get the collector's edition on disc, though.

#8458 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Dokuro's going to be $20 right?

Yup, confirmed to be $19.99.

I know what ya mean. I would totally buy all those games ya mentioned (though I would LOVE a Shadow Hearts HD collection). But then ya see movie-based games getting re-released instead.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8459 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Looks like beta for Playstation All Stars is starting a week early for PS+ members this Tuesday.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#8460 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

i guess that $2 code is dead? just tried it and no go. at least for psn points.

Velo214.png
sig.gif