Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#9601 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

yeah yesterday my psn was so slow. just like my friend's list was dead mid day. i check ispsndown and it is usually accurate ;) or else i freak and think its a router issue or my ps3 is gonna die or something, lol.

edit-waitso vanquish is free or not? damn my son broke my space bar. rage.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#9602 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Figures the update would happen on the day I have to redownload on my new PS3. Hope it doesnt start glitching up.

Also holy crap, have the trophies been syncing this slow since the last update? 5 minutes so far and only 12%

Yeah, my trophies were taking their sweet time updating. I usually got a fraction of the way and then got an error. I did it a few times over a few days and it eventually all synced.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Blood of the Werewolf (XBLA)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: PAX 2013: Bayonetta 2 Impressions   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#9603 JD*

JD*

Massacre Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

bah... i thought we'd get paypal option since new store is up

MeMyselfAndJD.pngtumblr_mco65un4lN1rk3gouo1_250.gif

#9604 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Yeah finally got mine to sync, now its taking all year to download games. Had my PS3 on since 5 hours ago and all its downloaded is 4GB <_<. Gonna take me a week to fill up the HDD
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9605 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

I guess I saw that BB post enough times that I thought it was cheap everywhere. I am pretty sure I paid $10 for it at TRU many months ago. I could be wrong though. It may have been $16 or something like that. Still well worth it to me as I quickly played it on easy and got almost all my money back trading in to either Amazon or Best Buy.

Yeah, it's $5 at Sears and Kmart, too, if they have it in stock. I was lucky enough to grab the best buy one. In fact, Vanquish was my first "CAG purchase".

I guess it was cheaper at a few more places than I thought. I just never go for those YMMV deals because I never end up getting them, so I don't really keep track of them or remember them.

yeah yesterday my psn was so slow. just like my friend's list was dead mid day. i check ispsndown and it is usually accurate ;) or else i freak and think its a router issue or my ps3 is gonna die or something, lol.

edit-waitso vanquish is free or not? damn my son broke my space bar. rage.

No Vanquish is not free, we're just discussing the possibilities that it might be.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9606 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330909

Just a reminder that the PlayStation Plus Guessing Game is still going on until Sunday night, so get your good guesses while others are making bad guesses to give you better odds.

#9607 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I like the new store except for the new sound effects. Holy shit, those are annoying.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9608 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

Has anyone received their $20 bonus yet?

#9609 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Has anyone received their $20 bonus yet?

You get it November 8th.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#9610 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

You get it November 8th.

Ok, thanks!

#9611 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

No Vanquish is not free, we're just discussing the possibilities that it might be.

I really hope it is. I love that game and thought it was a pretty easy platinum. Shame more people didn't play it.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9612 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

You get it November 8th.

Actually they just tweeted this on the official Playstation twitter today -

Update: U.S. users who purchased $100 of PSN content in October will earn their bonus $20 credit between 11/9 and 11/16 via XMB message!

#9613 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

Anyone else getting slow downloads today? Literally had some to just completely stop for 15+ minutes for no reason at all.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9614 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Actually they just tweeted this on the official Playstation twitter today -

Update: U.S. users who purchased $100 of PSN content in October will earn their bonus $20 credit between 11/9 and 11/16 via XMB message!

Thanks. Just assumed it would be the 8th because that had been announced before.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#9615 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Can someone recommend Wonder Boy, unbiased, who isn't a super fan of the original?

#9616 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Thanks. Just assumed it would be the 8th because that had been announced before.

No problem. I think Morgan Haro over on the PS Blog had said the 8th, IIRC. Guess they decided to change it.

#9617 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...e-order-discou/
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#9618 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Looks like the comic section is really gone. I thought I could still access my comics in my download history list, until the end of the year. :(

#9619 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Looks like the comic section is really gone. I thought I could still access my comics in my download history list, until the end of the year. :(

There's a manga section/reader for the Vita that was released in Japan mid-October, so perhaps the US will get something like that, but with the addition of US comics.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9620 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

That looks like a heavily sarcastic post from gettin, not something you should've taken that seriously.

Edit: I'll add this about the question over whether When Vikings Attack will have the discount in the US, just wait until Monday to see whether it's true or not despite the mention on the PS Blogcast. Nobody should be shitting on others over that anyway, especially when you guys know when they make official announcements for PS+ schedules for the following week.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 03 November 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#9621 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

So i hear they're just a few days away from announcing the finer details of what PS+ will mean for the Vita.

I'm not expecting anything too crazy but if the instant game collection has even one game I don't already own and want, I'll consider that a win~

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#9622 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

So i hear they're just a few days away from announcing the finer details of what PS+ will mean for the Vita.

I'm not expecting anything too crazy but if the instant game collection has even one game I don't already own and want, I'll consider that a win~

I predict lots of whining on the PS Blog.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9623 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

What I really want on my Vita the most is just some of the basic functions from PS+. The Automatic Update feature that the PS3 has for instance. I also want the Vita to be able to access the same cloud storage space that the PS3 can. So if I have a cross-play game, I can just put my PS3 saves on the cloud, download them wirelessly to the Vita through the cloud, and be on my way. Or vice-versa. And a games collection with at least one decent game would be nice lol.

#9624 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

What I really want on my Vita the most is just some of the basic functions from PS+. The Automatic Update feature that the PS3 has for instance. I also want the Vita to be able to access the same cloud storage space that the PS3 can. So if I have a cross-play game, I can just put my PS3 saves on the cloud, download them wirelessly to the Vita through the cloud, and be on my way. Or vice-versa. And a games collection with at least one decent game would be nice lol.

Cross Save games already have cloud storage for each game to sync the saves between both platforms in-game, so I'm not sure what you're asking for there that wasn't already there.

#9625 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Oh ya, the cloud and cross-play just feels like they were made with each other's functionality in mind.

Automatic update would be nice for backing up saves to the cloud but for firmware/patches for games, I've not had too many games require patches like they do on the PS3 so I don't think that's as big of a factor.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#9626 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Cross Save games already have cloud storage for each game to sync the saves between both platforms in-game, so I'm not sure what you're asking for there that wasn't already there.

Really? Cause I thought I remembered having to manually connect my Vita to my PS3 to transfer my Sound Shapes save. But I guess I could of gotten that confused with when I was trying to get the PS3 trophies to show up after I platinumed the game on my Vita. If you're right, never mind then lol.

Oh ya, the cloud and cross-play just feels like they were made with each other's functionality in mind.

Automatic update would be nice for backing up saves to the cloud but for firmware/patches for games, I've not had too many games require patches like they do on the PS3 so I don't think that's as big of a factor.

I had to download an update for LBP Vita the other day and it just irked me as I've gotten pretty used to the PS3 downloading all my updates for me.

#9627 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Really? Cause I thought I remembered having to manually connect my Vita to my PS3 to transfer my Sound Shapes save. But I guess I could of gotten that confused with when I was trying to get the PS3 trophies to show up after I platinumed the game on my Vita. If you're right, never mind then lol.

You can't transfer PS3 saves to a Vita, so that would've been an amazing trick to pull off. If you did it the normal way, you just synced it from the menus. They did have server issues around launch that made syncing more difficult than it should've been, so that may be what you're thinking.

#9628 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

You can't transfer PS3 saves to a Vita, so that would've been an amazing trick to pull off. If you did it the normal way, you just synced it from the menus. They did have server issues around launch that made syncing more difficult than it should've been, so that may be what you're thinking.

No, I was talking about trying to transfer my Vita save to my PS3. But it doesn't matter, I think you're right anyways. Sound Shapes is really the only cross-play game I have at the moment so I'll just trust your expertise.

#9629 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

No, I was talking about trying to transfer my Vita save to my PS3. But it doesn't matter, I think you're right anyways. Sound Shapes is really the only cross-play game I have at the moment so I'll just trust your expertise.

I understand now, though they're not compatible through those means. The cloud sync in-game is how it converts the save between both versions to make it as easy as possible.

#9630 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

I predict lots of whining on the PS Blog.

This, guaranteed. I'll prepare myself.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts