Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#9961 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

My friend still hadn't preordered CODBO2 yet, so I convinced him to let me do it for him at Best Buy, then got the @Gamer issue free and bought a year of PS+ for $35. Alright Sony, do your worst (best?). I'm ready for you. I am highly looking forward to the Vita version of + as well.

Btw, I have found that I do hate the new trophy setup. Pretty much every time I want to check a trophy, then back out, it locks up at the list of games for a couple minutes with the loading symbol. Starting to find it's easier to just check my trophy lists via gamercard sites...

#9962 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

My friend still hadn't preordered CODBO2 yet, so I convinced him to let me do it for him at Best Buy, then got the @Gamer issue free and bought a year of PS+ for $35. Alright Sony, do your worst (best?). I'm ready for you. I am highly looking forward to the Vita version of + as well.

Btw, I have found that I do hate the new trophy setup. Pretty much every time I want to check a trophy, then back out, it locks up at the list of games for a couple minutes with the loading symbol. Starting to find it's easier to just check my trophy lists via gamercard sites...

You think thats bad? You only have 221 games played... but seriously, just switch it to offline mode. That will get it to the old style, then click your card to actually sync them. Sorta annoying, but not too different than the old set up really.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9963 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

You think thats bad? You only have 221 games played... but seriously, just switch it to offline mode. That will get it to the old style, then click your card to actually sync them. Sorta annoying, but not too different than the old set up really.

Nah, even in offline mode it tries to sync with server when you try to check your Trophy List, while signed in, and not in a game. If you are in a game, then sure offline mode acts like normal.

#9964 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Nah, even in offline mode it tries to sync with server when you try to check your Trophy List, while signed in, and not in a game. If you are in a game, then sure offline mode acts like normal.

Offline mode is the old system. If you haven't synced your trophies in a while when you're online, it'll sync them. If they're up to date, then they won't sync when you look. It also only shows all of the local trophies, which means no Vita trophies.

#9965 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

If you haven't synced your trophies in a while when you're online, it'll sync them.

This has always bugged me. 'A while' seems to be 'more than 15 minutes of idle' or 'more than 5 minutes of gameplay' to me.

#9966 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

This has always bugged me. 'A while' seems to be 'more than 15 minutes of idle' or 'more than 5 minutes of gameplay' to me.

I've gone hours idle in a game without it happening. Can't say outside of a game, but it almost never happens to me.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9967 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

Got RE5 fine but I cannot get Rachet & Clank, Infamous 2, or LBP 2 to even add to my cart. It keeps telling me that all of them are unavailable at this time. I tried the demo and it will let me download the demo.

Anyone with ideas on that?

#9968 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

ive been playing RE5 but how do i unlock the special stuff from the gold edition? do i have to beat the game first?

#9969 humidore

humidore

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Any impressions of When Vikings Attack?

#9970 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

Is FES just a PS2 classic? So no upscaling or anything like that?

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

The police? The streets are flooded with the ejaculate of the homeless, and you people are counting on the police?

#9971 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

^Yes.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9972 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

^Yes.

Thanks. With P4G around the corner, I think I'll pass and get Vikings instead.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

The police? The streets are flooded with the ejaculate of the homeless, and you people are counting on the police?

#9973 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Quick question for the CAG community...Is there anyway to delete trophy information in which you have 0% for the game? I know you can with Xbox, but I am not sure on PS3.

#9974 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Quick question for the CAG community...Is there anyway to delete trophy information in which you have 0% for the game? I know you can with Xbox, but I am not sure on PS3.

nope

#9975 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

If you haven't synced yet, you can re-format the hard drive.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9976 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

ive been playing RE5 but how do i unlock the special stuff from the gold edition? do i have to beat the game first?

Some of it yes, some no. You need to progress to chapter 3-1 I believe, the boat stage where Chris has the flashback to when He lost his partner, Jill, which was during the "Lost in Nightmares" DLC scenario. Pretty positive that unlocks after this stage.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#9977 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Some of it yes, some no. You need to progress to chapter 3-1 I believe, the boat stage where Chris has the flashback to when He lost his partner, Jill, which was during the "Lost in Nightmares" DLC scenario. Pretty positive that unlocks after this stage.

oh alright thanks

#9978 solidusdeus

solidusdeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

As stated, this is the latest free offering for PS+ subscribers....

#9979 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

As stated, this is the latest free offering for PS+ subscribers....

What?

#9980 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

If you haven't synced yet, you can re-format the hard drive.

Pretty sure you can just delete the profile and then make a new one with that accounts info...

#9981 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

i really hope they come up with some more options for the graphics of psp game on vita. from what i've played, only the anime style games look good. dissidia looks horrible, and ragnarok tactics looks kind of bad in battles. guess i'm going to have to break out the psp for this one. maybe i'm just overreacting, and that's the difference in quality between vita and psp games.

405831.png               sig.gif

2014 completed games tab

#9982 ZettaSA

ZettaSA

Zetta_SlowSA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Wondering if I should go for Persona 1/2/3 on this sale, or just wait and hope they drop more. Any chance that this would happen, or should I just snag them?

#9983 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Wondering if I should go for Persona 1/2/3 on this sale, or just wait and hope they drop more. Any chance that this would happen, or should I just snag them?

You might as well get them now you won't reget it. :)

#9984 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Pretty sure you can just delete the profile and then make a new one with that accounts info...

I knew there was an easier way, still a pain in the ass though, I'd rather go for the trophies.

I'm wondering what I should use my $20 on. I'm hoping Vita Plus comes with some good discounts.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9985 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I knew there was an easier way, still a pain in the ass though, I'd rather go for the trophies.

I'm wondering what I should use my $20 on. I'm hoping Vita Plus comes with some good discounts.

Some games to think about would be Dokuro, Okami HD or Moon Diver since I've never seen it onsale.

Edited by Bumslie, 08 November 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#9986 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

No doubt. Last time I synced my list, it took me 9 hours to complete. (Before someone makes a stupid claim like my internet sucks... I got 300+ games played, there are just a lot of lists lol)

As far as the 20, I 2nd Dokuro. However, some people have problems with the puzzle difficulty... so keep that in mind. I found them all pretty easy and got the platinum within 2 days.

#9987 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I really want Dokuro, Okami, and Killzone HD but I think I'll wait to see what happens with Vita Plus.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9988 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

I guess it depends on when you are planning to play them. It might be a while before they get cheaper, but if you have enough of a backlog that you don't think you will get to it soon, maybe it is a good idea to pass.

Personally, I think the games are worth it at this price.
Posted Image

#9989 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

9 hours to sync is pretty insane admiralvic. i have alot of games and mine takes at most 15mins and even that gets me impatient. Also i don't know why people fret over 0%'s, i think about 25% of my games list is 0-5%s just from putting the game in, playing a level and trading it back in/sending back the rental/back to the backlog. and yeah if i want to check my trophies I just choose to do it ingame now on and hope it doesn't freeze. edit below my gamers tags, yeah 54% completion on 548 games is pretty bad... I gotta quit making babies and play my games!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#9990 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'm pretty happy with my completion rate. I'd like to get it up to over 80% but I keep starting new games instead of wrappin up old ones.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif