Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10415 replies to this topic

#991 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

Going to get...let's see:

House of the Dead 4
Sonic CD (Already have this on Sonic Gems Collection, heard you could play as Tails in this version.)
Alien Syndrome (Even with bad reviews, still worth $3?)
Super Monkey Ball Adventure (Same as Alien Syndrome, have Super Monkey Ball Jr. on Gameboy Advance already.)

#992 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

So. I can play, solo, as tails?!

After beating the game once, yes@!

#993 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

I wonder if capcom will make a raccoon city bundle with both map packs, $10 is steep for only 3 missions.

Just don't bother. If the first DLC quest was any indication, things are only getting worse. So frustrated.

Does one have to beat HOTD4 in one sitting, a la HOTD3?

#994 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

After beating the game once, yes@!

Dag nammit! Guess I better get good! I think I'm going to get it. Thanks!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#995 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

what do you mean getting worse, and frustrated? I thought that mission was rather fun, perhaps better than the original missions.

it would have been nice to see some new weapons or abilities though...
Posted Image

#996 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

I just bought the fortune hunter thing for Uncharted 3 for $25 this morning since it was going away. Now this maps and modes thing is $21 for Plus. If I don't care about the skins, did I just waste $4? If so, they should've given people a heads up. I mean, to do that literally on the same day as removing a deal? It would be understandable if it was a month or two later...

Are they done releasing DLC for this game? If not, I'm sure the Fortune Hunters' Club still gives you the rest of the DLC for free as well.

#997 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

Just beat HOTD:4, lol. Fun game, but short. Still more to do...different paths...better score. I gave my self 9 lives and 9 credits.

I know PlayStation is AMAAAZINGGGG!!!!!, but this is overboard FAN-TA-BU-LI-CIOUS!!!!!!:D:applause::D:applause::D

Wow!!!!! PS Move ROCKS!!!!!!!:D:bouncy::bouncy: To think, I had it collecting dust all that time. Keep up the GREAT work, Sony!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#998 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Are they done releasing DLC for this game? If not, I'm sure the Fortune Hunters' Club still gives you the rest of the DLC for free as well.

No they aren't finished. however, they just released the last piece of content included in the fortune hunters club (the latest map pack). From here on out everyone will have to pay for the dlc.
Posted Image

Check out this link to earn some cash by doing surveys!
http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/9860393

#999 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

So is Alien Syndrome worth it for $3? I can see it being better than or equal to most iPhone games, but just can't pull the trigger.

#1000 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Going out today so I'll pick up a $10 card at BB to get HotD 4 and Sonic CD

#1001 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Sonic CD almost made buying a Sega CD worth it. ALMOST I said. Yes, I bought a Sega CD, and yes, you can laugh at me. Sonic CD was still awesome though.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#1002 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Sonic CD almost made buying a Sega CD worth it. ALMOST I said. Yes, I bought a Sega CD, and yes, you can laugh at me. Sonic CD was still awesome though.

It was worth it to me, especially for being the only kid on the block with Mortal Kombat in all its glory. Kind of torn if I want this on PS3 or PC, though. It's one of those games I want for collector's sake heh.

#1003 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

It was worth it to me, especially for being the only kid on the block with Mortal Kombat in all its glory. Kind of torn if I want this on PS3 or PC, though. It's one of those games I want for collector's sake heh.

Dont get me wrong, there were definately some great reasons for having a Sega CD, and MK was one of them (I forgot about that whole deal), but my god Sega really started there downfall here.

BTW, even though looking back on it now everyone says it was awful, I had a lot of fun with the pack in game, Sewer Shark. I was actually in awe of the FMV when I first saw it since I had never played a game like it before. Of course I was like 12 or 13 years old and stupid. Kids! lol

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#1004 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Without starting the war alluded to in Frisky's OP, I have a question that googling only led me to uncertainty.

I know that the "free game" stuff expires at either the end of your PP membership or the end of the month, but that's where I get confused. Can someone clarify that. For example: NHL 12 is "free", so if I download it but do nothing with it until May 30th, will it still be there and playable or no? Thanks in advance.

I have an unused P+ one year card from the target error so I'm thinking that this may finally be the time to redeem it and get better acquainted with this service.

#1005 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Don't forget the classic on Sega CD Night Trap. I remember after a friend got that game it was pulled from the store shelves.

#1006 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Without starting the war alluded to in Frisky's OP, I have a question that googling only led me to uncertainty.

I know that the "free game" stuff expires at either the end of your PP membership or the end of the month, but that's where I get confused. Can someone clarify that. For example: NHL 12 is "free", so if I download it but do nothing with it until May 30th, will it still be there and playable or no? Thanks in advance.

I have an unused P+ one year card from the target error so I'm thinking that this may finally be the time to redeem it and get better acquainted with this service.

Frisky probalby knows best about month end and that other stuff, but once your plus membership expires you can no longer access (or your not supposed to be able to) the plus items like free games and trials. If you re establish your plus membership later though the free items are useable again.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#1007 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

NHL 12 isn't free, it's only a 1 hour trial for the game that is free. Since it is a trial, it will more than likely stay on the store forever. If you were to "buy" it and download it now, you would have access to it until your PS+ subscription runs out.

An example of a FREE game this month is Shift 2. If you were to "buy" it and download it today, you would have access to it until your PS+ subscription runs out. But it will more than likely stop being "free" at the end of the month, so if you don't "buy" it by then, then you'll lose your chance to get it for free. But like I said, if you do "buy" it and it's in your download history, you'll have access to it until the end of your PS+ subscription.

Hope that makes sense.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1008 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Don't forget the classic on Sega CD Night Trap. I remember after a friend got that game it was pulled from the store shelves.

I remember playing that at my friend's house right after it came out. So bad. And it had Dano Plato, lol.

#1009 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

I just bought the fortune hunter thing for Uncharted 3 for $25 this morning since it was going away. Now this maps and modes thing is $21 for Plus. If I don't care about the skins, did I just waste $4? If so, they should've given people a heads up. I mean, to do that literally on the same day as removing a deal? It would be understandable if it was a month or two later...

The Fortune Hunter's Club (aka Uncharted 3 Season Pass) says you should be getting 4 Map Packs and 3 Skin Packs.

Do you know which Map Packs and Skin Packs are those you got free?

As for the maps...

- Flashback Map Pack #1
- Flashback Map Pack #2
- Drake Deception Map Pack
- Shade Survival Co-op
- Fort Adventure Co-op

Were these all free?

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#1010 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

It will be nice to finally be able to play HOTD4 at home. Will probably grab Sonic CD as well.

#1011 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

NHL 12 isn't free, it's only a 1 hour trial for the game that is free. Since it is a trial, it will more than likely stay on the store forever. If you were to "buy" it and download it now, you would have access to it until your PS+ subscription runs out.

An example of a FREE game this month is Shift 2. If you were to "buy" it and download it today, you would have access to it until your PS+ subscription runs out. But it will more than likely stop being "free" at the end of the month, so if you don't "buy" it by then, then you'll lose your chance to get it for free. But like I said, if you do "buy" it and it's in your download history, you'll have access to it until the end of your PS+ subscription.

Hope that makes sense.

1 hour game trials expire in 60 minutes from the start time or 365 days from the date of download. So, if a person has 2 years of PS Plus, they have 1 year from the download date to play the game trial.

#1012 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hope that makes sense.

That did make sense. Thank you. I was kind of thinking that was the case but Sony does some odd stuff.

On NHL, I misunderstood the terms full game trial to mean you get access to the full game for free as opposed to just single season mode - (In hindsight though, that line of thought would make no sense because people could just pay for a year of PS+ instead of buying the game :dunce:).

Edited by bgame2, 18 April 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#1013 darrenaero

darrenaero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

The Fortune Hunter's Club (aka Uncharted 3 Season Pass) says you should be getting 4 Map Packs and 3 Skin Packs.

Do you know which Map Packs and Skin Packs are those you got free?

As for the maps...

- Flashback Map Pack #1
- Flashback Map Pack #2
- Drake Deception Map Pack
- Shade Survival Co-op
- Fort Adventure Co-op

Were these all free?

99% sure yes.

#1014 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

It will be nice to finally be able to play HOTD4 at home. Will probably grab Sonic CD as well.

For $3, HELL YEAH. Never play HotD4 in the arcades so it will be something new to see.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#1015 frankmackeyspam

frankmackeyspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

I noticed that some of the free PS+ games show an expiration date and some don't. Anybody know what's up with that?

#1016 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

99% sure yes.

Thanks.

It's weird because the Season Pass promises 4 map packs, but Naughty Dog only released 3 map packs and 2 co-op modes, and that was it no more.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#1017 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Never play HotD4 in the arcades so it will be something new to see.

Same here. Bought and played last night for the first time. HOTD2 is still the best of the series from the Japanese studio. 4 however is as good as 3. Now where's HOTD1 and Virtua Cop series HD remakes... and maybe even Confidential Mission.

#1018 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

I noticed that some of the free PS+ games show an expiration date and some don't. Anybody know what's up with that?

I'll make a guess that you're seeing the unlock games, which gave you a demo and an unlock file when you downloaded them. The expiration date doesn't show properly because of the way that works, but it will just turn into the demo on the same day that everything else expires.

#1019 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Had to pick up sonic CD as a previous sega CD owner back in the day. Soon as the game started up without sonic boom I was so disappointed. I remember reading about licensing issue in a blog about it but forgot. Without that cheesy song I just didn't get the same hype when starting :(

#1020 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Had to pick up sonic CD as a previous sega CD owner back in the day. Soon as the game started up without sonic boom I was so disappointed. I remember reading about licensing issue in a blog about it but forgot. Without that cheesy song I just didn't get the same hype when starting :(

Are you serious? Fuck that then, I'd rather put the $3 towards an original CD copy. I don't know why I ever got caught up in trading my old games in for credit years ago. Really wish I had held onto all my original stuff. :(