GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

• Please log in to reply
1164 replies to this topic

#991 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Anyway is the la noire complete price really going to be honored ? My father would really love it and you can't go wrong getting the complete game for 20$ :).

Couldn't get the $19.99 price honored on the LA Noire Complete version at multiple SoCal GameStops (though I just asked, wasn't really pushing too hard for it). Ended up getting BB to PM with no fuss instead...

#992 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

^

You are missing out big honestly. Sure, the map may not be to your taste but the stories and missions are considerably better in The Lost and Damned and Gay Tony. New Weapons/Vehicles/Parachute make the experience even better.

Free mode multiplayer is also a better experience with the new tools.

I agree. The DLC episodes are leaps and bounds better than GTA4. Alot more mission variety, better characters, story. Basically you're not Roman's bitch the entire game.

#993 jmillion

jmillion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

GS tried to sell me a gutted copy of MK Komplete today.

Me: You have MK?
Rep: Yea there is a copy on shelf
Me: Can I get a new sealed copy?
Rep (sigh) If we have anymore. *looks in and there like 10+ copies there*

I think selling gutted copies as new has always been a disrespectful thing from GS. And I always read horrible stories if any reason you try to return it or exchange it.

But yea $29.99 MK Komplete for 360 is cool. My friend she has my vanilla copy. I told her to keep it so I can play her.
Posted Image

#994 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

If i remember correct, they actually had some okay deals last year at this time. Maybe i'll finally be able to spend my GS e-rewards Giftcards.

Took me ages to find something to burn my $75 on. I just cannot stand their pricing policy (among other policies). I, in fact, still have some $8 dollars left and I have ignored any surveys for the past 4 months. Even though I could buy a game for free, every 7 months or so (or 10 months at full MSRP), I just can't stand having to wait to build credit and then be raped by their prices. I am basically turning down a yearly free game because I can't stand the place anymore, it is better to spend money but get it at a nice price with a release deal, or month-after price drop, than to wait to have funds for GS.

88029980.jpg

3DS, DS, GameCube, N64, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#995 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

I saw dead island the speciap; edition is that on sale. If not is it worth picking up used? Is the content on the disc or downloadables?

#996 jms493

jms493

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Went to gamestop to get Unit 13 for $29 - $10 off coupon. He said the coupon does nothing in the system. No Unit 13 for me :(

#997 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Ha, went to one of my local gamestops....Store manager didnt even know about the sale going on (even after checking the ad) he goes "well lets just ring them up and see

new person there got all butt hurt when I said I didnt want to pre-order anything.

They're lucky I find stuff like that funny and since im an ass I laugh at them in their face, I could be more of an ass and report them lol

#998 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Ha, went to one of my local gamestops....Store manager didnt even know about the sale going on (even after checking the ad) he goes "well lets just ring them up and see

new person there got all butt hurt when I said I didnt want to pre-order anything.

They're lucky I find stuff like that funny and since im an ass I laugh at them in their face, I could be more of an ass and report them lol

You could always make some pre-orders with the huffy new employee and then cancel them all at the same time with them on another day. That hurts them just as much as being reported if not moreso, since corporate bases how many hours they give employees on pre-orders and PowerUpRewards subscriptions.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#999 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Seems like alot of people are getting GS "last copy" of the game gutted. Are the employees just saying that so that they can sell the gutted copy? I would hardly believe GS stores will have a sale like this and just have limited supply for way store.

Since I went on Sunday, I'm sure my local GS didn't have get any extra copies in stock then. I asked for a sealed copy of the SE of AC:R for the 360. Dude looked for some (as I watched him), said they had plenty of PS3 versions, but no 360 versions. I believed him since I grabbed the only copy of the SE off the shelf (saw a ton of the PS3 version on the shelf). I shrugged, accepted it, and tested the DLC out shortly after to make sure it worked. Getting a gutted copy doesn't bother me too much since 1) I typically get sealed copies from GS and 2) there's not a whole lot to tamper with in the SE (unlike, say, a CE of a game).

#1000 KillerSmokey24

KillerSmokey24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Just to let everyone know I picked up dead island for 18.99 used and it's 19.99 new. Copy was in great shape.

#1001 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

I couldn't find a SE of Noire or AC so I went ahead and snagged new copies of both for $20 each. The machines here said that Dead Island was $30 new so I passed on it. I guess I'll have to swing by a few other stores to confirm it tomorrow.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1002 czissis

czissis

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

I grabbed a copy of Dead Island at the store by work. I rarely shop at GS and every time I do I remember why.

The guy kept pushing PUR, then was trying to convince me to buy AC: R instead. I understand its his job to help people, but if I don't solicit your opinion, I don't want it.

Edit: Dead Island was $20 at my store.

Edited by czissis, 03 April 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#1003 oldschool990

oldschool990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

I couldn't find a SE of Noire or AC so I went ahead and snagged new copies of both for $20 each. The machines here said that Dead Island was $30 new so I passed on it. I guess I'll have to swing by a few other stores to confirm it tomorrow.

yea, dead island is $30 when I ask them on Monday, I'm going to see if I can go to BB and have them price match it for $20...

#1004 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

I grabbed a ps3 version of la noirce complete. The stores seemed to be very limited like 1 and it was gutted. The problem is some of the gutted stuff is missing stuff

Mine had no codes just a red dead \ max payne insert and a book. I hope there weren't any codes.

#1005 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

my gs had amalur for ps3 marked as 29.99. picked up mvc3 and while gutted, it was resealed in a plastic pouch. i actually don't mind the pouch since it means they didn't have to put on the annoying stickers.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1006 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

Got LA Noire CE for 19.99 sealed. Pretty nice deal. I have a pretty big backlog so I may not open it for awhile.

#1007 Sh0k

Sh0k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Is the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition suppose to come with a downloadable code for the Movie, the Music and the online pass?

Got the last open copy from Gamestop and there is no download code in the box.

#1008 Highman_Terror

Highman_Terror

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Is the Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition suppose to come with a downloadable code for the Movie, the Music and the online pass?

Only for the Movie and the Music there is no code for any online pass. I just got a sealed one from Gamestop on Monday

#1009 Highman_Terror

Highman_Terror

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

I grabbed a ps3 version of la noirce complete. The stores seemed to be very limited like 1 and it was gutted. The problem is some of the gutted stuff is missing stuff

Mine had no codes just a red dead \ max payne insert and a book. I hope there weren't any codes.

I got the last copy gutted also and I wondered if it came with any codes so I did a youtube unboxing search for the game and found one and watched it and it just had the book and the insert that you see nothing else, so it is complete. :D Unless the Unboxing that I watched if the guy removed something while filming all david Blaine style...

#1010 Cabhills

Cabhills

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

To CAG's living in the New Tampa, FL area the Gamestop on Bruce B. Downs has some sealed copies of the PS3 AC:R Signature Edition. Looked to be about 5-7 left.

Cabhills.png

76561198031533789.png

#1011 althe

althe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Yes, it contains 2 separate sheets (one is the download code for the movie, the other is the download code for the music). It does not come with an online pass (it's not needed for the Komplete Edition, maybe not even for the Vanilla version).

This is exactly why I don't even come close to "new" copies that have been gutted.

#1012 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Will dead island last the entirety of the spring sale at $19.99? I know it's not in the OP and was not at that price at the beginning of the sale.
Posted Image

#1013 paintballers

paintballers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Picked up Assassin Revelation for XBOX 360, sucks that only the PS3 version gets sig edition with extra game

#1014 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Couple AC:R Signature editions in houston gamestop at 249/spring cypress

#1015 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

I broke down and grabbed :ps3:Catherine from this sale from the closest GS to me that just opened up maybe 6 months ago. They even gave me the artbook/soundtrack disc with it for $31.79 out the door. Not bad. Now let's see if I actually play it this time or if it collects dust.:cry:

Posted Image

#1016 Ceol_CAG

Ceol_CAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

Got two sealed copies of AC:R Signature Edition for PS3 from the Downtown Crossing GS in Boston yesterday. I asked how many they had, and the manager told me they had a ton, which was why they let me get two. I'm guessing they've still got copies if anyone in Boston's looking.

#1017 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

Does AC:R have dlc's required for anything?? Also, does Dead Island come with dlc codes???

#1018 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

Does AC:R have dlc's required for anything?? Also, does Dead Island come with dlc codes???

Shit I tossed my receipt out before the trash came today. I forgot to check if there was code.

#1019 SleepingVu

SleepingVu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

I broke down and grabbed :ps3:Catherine from this sale from the closest GS to me that just opened up maybe 6 months ago. They even gave me the artbook/soundtrack disc with it for $31.79 out the door. Not bad. Now let's see if I actually play it this time or if it collects dust.:cry:

Is every GS giving out the artbook and soundtrack?

#1020 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Is every GS giving out the artbook and soundtrack?

I don't know honestly. But you could always ask. That's what I did and the girl working at the GS I went to found the soundtrack/artbook bundle sitting right next to the game in the drawer. That's likely YMMV though as the soundtrack and artbook were a pre-order bonus, so unless one of the copies of Catherine at your store is a leftover from when it launched you might not get it.

Posted Image