GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

• Please log in to reply
1164 replies to this topic

#151 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Maybe I'm a noob for not knowing, but what does the "SD" stand for that is in some of the game titles?
Posted Image

#152 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

If I just want to play the expansions for GTA4 is there a cheaper way of doing it or is the $20 complete collection my best bet?

#153 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Maybe I'm a noob for not knowing, but what does the "SD" stand for that is in some of the game titles?

I think it's short for standard (i.e. not CE, collector's editions)

#154 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

If I just want to play the expansions for GTA4 is there a cheaper way of doing it or is the $20 complete collection my best bet?

You can get the Episodes from Liberty City disc for $14.29 like new from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

#155 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

whats a better deal.

MK KOMPLETE for 30 or White Knight Chronicles 2 for $20

#156 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

sweet the $10 off vita games is good until 4/5. if it stacks hot shots and unit 13 for $20 each!!

AND ModNation Racers for 9.99

doubt they stack

just got hot shots off ebay sealed for 25 crap may try unit 13 for 20
WOOOO I STINK

#157 Dreamcastguy

Dreamcastguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Dang definitely picking up Catherine for $29.99. I have never caught that game at a decent price.

#158 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Catherine is tempting, but I might wait when it hits $20 or less.

Same goes with Red Dead Redemption.

Might get White Knight Chronicles 2 since I missed out on the first game.

#159 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Likely going to be in for White Knight Chronicles II, Arkham City CE PS3, and possibly Mortal Kombat Komplete.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#160 xewndar1

xewndar1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

will used versions of these games be a few bucks cheaper? Sometimes Gamestop puts "new" games on sale but doesn't lower the used price :( I wanna get WKC2 for 19.99 so hopefully I can snag a used copy for 17.99 or so

#161 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Damn, been waiting on WKC2 to drop for ages. Totally in for that, might get GTA4 on PS3 too, been trying to talk my friends into getting it
Posted ImagePosted Image

#162 fireworkfan

fireworkfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

some pretty good deals I may get GTA 4 compete been waiting for that to drop forever,though I'm really waiting for a Buy 2 Get one free sale so I might hold off and wait until then
Posted Image

#163 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

WKC 2 looks to be the only thing I am interested in.

#164 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Dang definitely picking up Catherine for $29.99. I have never caught that game at a decent price.

I'm tempted to return the copy I bought at Best Buy and rebuy it at Gamestop to get the unedited cover. I also have a lot of GS credit to use.

That is tempting, tho I'm also picking up Xenoblade Chronicles next week, so I need another JRPG like a hole in the head. I did like the look of it in trailers, but the mediocre reviews warned me off.
Posted Image

#165 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Good thing I didn't jump at getting the MK: Komplete Kollection last week. And WKCII & AC:R for $20? Sweet. Thanks OP.

Great a bunch of opened games sold as new

Yup, and that's why I'm price matching it at Best Buy. That plus to get the bonus content for WKCII & AC1 too. Hey, I didn't have to pre-order and pay MSRP too! :D

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#166 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

How lost will I be if I pick up AC:R, having only played the first AC? I absolutely hated the original because it was so repetitive, but have heard that the series is MUCH better now. :D

#167 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

How lost will I be if I pick up AC:R, having only played the first AC? I absolutely hated the original because it was so repetitive, but have heard that the series is MUCH better now. :D

I recommend starting with ACII and play them in order. The series has very much improved since the first game. I never finished AC1 for the same reason.

#168 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Ben 10 Racing worth it for achievements? I 1000f the other 2 Ben 10 360 games.

Pissed I bought Kingdoms of Amalur used for $50 after Rewards card.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#169 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Catherine is tempting, but I might wait when it hits $20 or less.

Same goes with Red Dead Redemption.

The cheapest Catherine has been was $14.99 during a gamefly sale. I know it's used, but it came with the original cover. I'm hoping it hits $9.99 during their next sale or so.

#170 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

I recommend starting with ACII and play them in order. The series has very much improved since the first game. I never finished AC1 for the same reason.

Yeah the 1st game was really repetitive...that did not stop the OCD in me from getting 1000/1000 on it...I hate those dam flags :lol:
Posted Image

#171 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Awesome. Ive been wanting to trade in my mortal kombat for the komplete edition. With the 50 percent trade in bonus right now, upgrading will be like 8 bucks or something. Gunna grab Assassins creed too, hopefully I can grab a copy with the original AC on the disc.

Jeeze why can't catherine be dropped to 20 bucks! Guess the wait continues.

#172 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yeah the 1st game was really repetitive...that did not stop the OCD in me from getting 1000/1000 on it...I hate those dam flags :lol:

I hate collection based achievements in general. So time wasting and no fun at all.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#173 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

I hate collection based achievements in general. So time wasting and no fun at all.

Agreed. I really need to stop doing them. I wish developers would stop thinking they add "replay value"...the only thing they do is slow down the game making it seem like it is longer than it really is.
Posted Image

#174 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Oh wow was assassins "freeze" annoying to play. There were those annoying beggers and crazed men who got in your way during your missions, stupid and pointless "investigations. Oh yea and the constant freezing lol. I had to turn my system off and reboot it so many times because of it that i almost gave up on the game. Just start from part 2 as it explains part 1 anyway
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#175 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

This sale looks pretty terrible compared to previous ones. I guess part of the problem is they usually hype used games too and lower everything pretty drastically. This sale looks more like it's newer games which are lowered a lot but still end up being pretty expensive (for a true deal anyway).

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#176 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Only 2 games catching my eyes White Knight Chronicles 2 (PS3) $20 and King Of Fighters XIII LE $30 :)
"Evil is Funs"

#177 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Since this is just a one week sale, I guess this isn't their annual Game Days sale then. Otherwise I would say for people to wait till the end of this sale and they may reduce the prices further on some of these games.

But from what I remember the Game Days sale is usually in late spring/early summer sometime.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#178 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

I was going with the thought that this IS the Game Days sale.

I remembered it being Early April with the April showers to bring in the Spring. I could be completely wrong though.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#179 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

pick up a couple of MvC3 and flip them at microcenter for $25 a piece
thanks OP
Posted Image

#180 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

That is tempting, tho I'm also picking up Xenoblade Chronicles next week, so I need another JRPG like a hole in the head. I did like the look of it in trailers, but the mediocre reviews warned me off.

Oh man, already that time again! I reserved a copy of Xenoblade as well. What is up with the Friday (April 6th) release date instead of the usual Tuesday?

Guess I'll just combine both trips for this sale and picking up Xenoblade.