• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

called up my gamestop and they are selling it now yay
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

I went to target today and did not see DMC collection for sale....:[

#33 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Why cant gamestop do this with more games <_<. Would be so awesome.

Either way, nice find OP. Still debating on whether or not i want to get it now or just wait for a used one to show up in a few days
Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Sucks to hear about the NA version not having the reversable cover. Dante tries to "keep it stylish" but apparently capcom does not :(. Oh well, not a big deal I guess. I never had a chance to play these during the ps2 days and Dante's one of my favorite characters in umvc3 so I'll definitely be picking this up asap. Anyone spot this at target yet? Hoping to find it there to get it with the b2g1 deal.

#35 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

The have removed the street date to Devil May Cry HD and it should be available at most retailers.

#36 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

So is there a DmC promo in there?

#37 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

If there is, im not buying it.

#38 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Thanks OP. in for 1 despite beating all 3 games during the ps2 era.

#39 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

[Amazon] DMC HD Collection @ $32.50 (X360)

Nvm; there's additional shipping cost. Still cheaper than retail.

#40 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

just picked it up :) thanks OP
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Grabbed one too. Thanks op.

Now to finish up with Warriors Orochi 3 so I can get a review started on these.
Posted Image

#42 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

The Best Buy I went to today had the PS3 version out but not the 360.

#43 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Does the 360 version have a better frame rate ?
Important for this collection
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#44 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

Snagged one at GS, employee told me they received an email stating release date had been lifted to feel free to sell it. Not a huge thing as its not like the new AC or CoD coming out 5 days early lol.

Had some poweruprewards to cash in, got it for 15$+ tax, spider boss already stomping my face

MadrocSZ.png

#45 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

Gamestops can ignore the street date on this after receiving a notice from their central office. Same with BestBuy is my understanding. You don't need YMMV in the title because it should be nationwide. Not in Canada, though.

Does the 360 version have a better frame rate ?
Important for this collection

Not sure how you'd get a framerate greater than 60fps which is what the original PS2 games were. From what I understand, both the PS3 and 360 versions are identical. I bought the 360 version today and beat DMC3 in one sitting... the game is exactly as I remember with absolutely no framerate dips or any other inconsistencies whatsoever. It's a fantastic port.

I'll never understand all of the "this is not a deal" posts. Sure, this is technically not a deal but I have far more interest in this than many of the ACTUAL deals listed on the first page. If the "non-deal" that gets posted is bad enough to complain about, then it should quickly fall a few pages down without the need to point out that it's "not a deal." Anyway, considering Target has a B2G1 DEAL going on right now, I would say the fact that the game's available now belongs on this forum since its now possible to get it during Target's sale.

Targets might not be able to sell it yet. If they can, that would be amazing. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny.

EDIT: Checked their website. Looks like they're not selling the game in-store.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#46 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

Snagged one at GS, employee told me they received an email stating release date had been lifted to feel free to sell it. Not a huge thing as its not like the new AC or CoD coming out 5 days early lol.

Had some poweruprewards to cash in, got it for 15$+ tax, spider boss already stomping my face

Get on his back, makes it 10x easier.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#47 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

So is there a DmC promo in there?

No DmC promo, thankfully.

The only thing marginally DmC related is some a single piece of fanart that shows half of the fake Dante and half of the real Dante. That's it. Everything else is true DMC stuff only.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#48 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

The Best Buy I went to today had the PS3 version out but not the 360.

I saw the 360 version earlier today. Didn't check for the PS3 version.

#49 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

i played the 360 version and it looks and runs great(i installed it to hardrive) the only thing i dont like is that when the cutscenes play they are in a small box rather than taking up the whole screen but gameplay is fine

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 TheProfessor 89

TheProfessor 89

Mighty No. 9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

picked up the PS3 version thanks to this post, so I am pretty happy he posted it here so I could see it

#51 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hopefully Walmart was smart enough to lift the street date as well.

Probably not, though.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#52 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hopefully Walmart was smart enough to lift the street date as well.

Probably not, though.

Everywhere should have the game on shelves now. We got a memo at BB to go ahead and put the game out for sale and break the street date.

Edited by shrike4242, 01 April 2012 - 04:15 PM.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#53 TheGreatWang

TheGreatWang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

i played the 360 version and it looks and runs great(i installed it to hardrive) the only thing i dont like is that when the cutscenes play they are in a small box rather than taking up the whole screen but gameplay is fine

PS3 is the same(so far in DMC 1). The cutscenes and menus are in a 4:3 box instead of widescreen. Gameplay is smooth as before.

#54 Grammaton-Cleric

Grammaton-Cleric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

It’s funny, I stumbled onto this Wed night and was tempted to do the very same thing as the OP.

It’s odd that anyone would take offense, however mildly, at this type of thing. The only reason anyone would post something like this is to help out his fellow gamer.

No good deed goes unpunished, eh?

#55 MistaBones

MistaBones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

I'm angry with OP at posting this, but only because now I'm trying to convince myself not to run out to Gamestop and pay MSRP for this awesome collection. Seriously though, I do appreciate seeing this, as I've been waiting for this one. I'm justifying my purchase with the fact that the MGS collection has gone on sale only once or twice since its release...

#56 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

No DmC promo, thankfully.

The only thing marginally DmC related is some a single piece of fanart that shows half of the fake Dante and half of the real Dante. That's it. Everything else is true DMC stuff only.

Eh? That was what won the art contest? I am disappoint.

#57 Tiny Gallon

Tiny Gallon

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'm angry with OP at posting this, but only because now I'm trying to convince myself not to run out to Gamestop and pay MSRP for this awesome collection. Seriously though, I do appreciate seeing this, as I've been waiting for this one. I'm justifying my purchase with the fact that the MGS collection has gone on sale only once or twice since its release...

Just to play devil's advocate, I think I would compare the DMC Collection more to the Splinter Cell/Tomb Raider/Sly Cooper Collections (which have dropped). Pretty popular, mainstream titles with a lot of appeal. Stuff like the MGS and ICO collections (yes I know MGS is pretty popular now) but those just feel more cult/niche and likely had fewer copies printed overall. I'm sure Capcom will print a ton of these DMC Collections and you can find one for sub-$20 in a few months. But hey, even I want to pick it up just because they broke street date!

#58 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Very cool, thanks for the heads up. I got too big of a backlog so I'll just pick this up later.

Not sure why people click on the link to complain. I think the title is pretty self explanatory of what type of info you can expect to find. If you've been following this game at all, you pretty much know the YMMV is in reference to the early release. I have this on my wishlist on Amazon and the release date is still listed as 4/3.

Edited by shrike4242, 01 April 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#59 OmegaTyrant

OmegaTyrant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

I rushed to my local best buy during lunch and grabbed the second to last copy for X360. Thanks OP!

#60 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

ymmv

Ive checked 3 walmarts and couldnt find it...but then again they never know what they are talking about "oh we havent got it in yet, maybe tomorrow"

bullshit, I work for walmart and always see new games in the back like 1-2 weeks before street date, unfortunately I havent had time to check for this since we have been busy with Inventory