• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

http://www.godlikepr...sage1829879/pg1

I'm not sure if I'm putting alot of stock in it but my closest Best Buy is on the list so I'm not happy if it is true.

I need a new signature.

#2 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

There was another post about this about a few weeks back.

Basically they are closing down some superstores to focus on best buy mobile and what not.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

If true, all mine are safe! :)

Edited by shrike4242, 10 April 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#4 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

The beginning of the end.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#5 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Only 2 in the Pacific NW

#6 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Fuck! My go-to store is closing down which sucks even more since I have two friends who work there.

#7 lude21

lude21

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

WTF, my store is closing!! Noooooo!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Meh. Waterfront, PA is a sketchy area few would go to past 7pm...doesn't surprise me it may be closing.

#9 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

The beginning of the end.

Relevant:
Best Buy CEO steps down

#10 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Relevant:
Best Buy CEO steps down

Obviously part of the reorg of letting employees go. Now they actually have a chance to adapt and survive under new management.

#11 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Assuming that list is correct, the store in Chesterfield MO is one of the two Magnolia Best Buy stores in the area. Not sure why that one would be closed, for that reason, as well as it's a relatively new store in an area with an affluent local population.

The Ellisville MO is one of the oldest stores in the area and is a bit out of the way from the rest of the other stores. Plus, there's a very newly (2-3 years old) built updated-layout store about 5 miles to the east that's much easier to get to. The Ellisville store being closed down isn't a surprise.

#12 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

I've been to one of the stores on that list a few times. The one in Tinley Park, IL. Luckily it's 30 miles away and I only stop by when I go to a mall not too far from there. My other 3 locations that are 10~20 miles from me are all safe :)

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#13 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Obviously part of the reorg of letting employees go. Now they actually have a chance to adapt and survive under new management.

That's true but usually CEO transitions, even during tough times for a company isn't so sudden as to require an "interim CEO." Cashiers walk in and quit their job one day, CEOs plan out an exit and transition to the next CEO. Obviously something was very, very wrong at the top of Best Buy.

The transition to a new CEO will either make or break the company at this point, if they pick the wrong person again, they're as good as done.

#14 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

I've been to one of the stores on that list a few times. The one in Tinley Park, IL. Luckily it's 30 miles away and I only stop by when I go to a mall not too far from there. My other 3 locations that are 10~20 miles from me are all safe :)

That's my local store:cry:

I need a new signature.

#15 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

That's my local store:cry:

Guess you're stuck driving a bit further to Orland Park :-# Sucks as that Tinley Park one is one of the nicer Best Buys.

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#16 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Guess you're stuck driving a bit further to Orland Park :-# Sucks as that Tinley Park one is one of the nicer Best Buys.

I more upset about the cook county taxes at Orland than the gas. My hope is for a few clearence hits.

I need a new signature.

#17 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Wow, one store is closing in my whole state and it's one of the two that I normally check out, luckily it's not my favorite one but it still sucks to have less of a selection and it sucks to the folks over there losing their jobs.

659629.png?68329996

#18 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

WTF, my store is closing!! Noooooo!

I thought you were kidding. This sucks. But at least now I can take back all of those pre-order deposits for games I never picked up but plunked $5 down on. I actually got to know some of the people at the closest store pretty well and the managers were always really super nice when I came in to PM stuff.

Now the WB store on the other hand shoulda been the one to go cuz the management there was a buncha fuckin' idiots. The only person that I would feel bad for losing their job at that one would be the gaming rep named Tony, but that's since I didn't spend much time in that store beyond the gaming section unlike the closer one.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#19 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Heh, they're closing the one I pass on the way to/from work. It's right near Fenway Park and a bunch of colleges and hospitals (not to mention the rich fuckers who can afford to live around there). If they can't get business there, then that's really fucking sad.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#20 sawyerbrwnfan

sawyerbrwnfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

The ones I go to in Las Vegas are safe. Surprised the one on Maryland Parkway in Vegas is not closing.

#21 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

One thing I have to wonder though. If this is going to be the official list of store closings, then why isn't it listed on any of the major news sites as of yet and IS on some random website? It just seems kinda fishy that a small website would get this info before places like MSNBC.com, Forbes and so on.

Posted Image

#22 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

One thing I have to wonder though. If this is going to be the official list of store closings, then why isn't it listed on any of the major news sites as of yet and IS on some random website? It just seems kinda fishy that a small website would get this info before places like MSNBC.com, Forbes and so on.

Like I said, I'm not putting a ton of stock in this list but at the same time, I wouldn't be suprised if my store is actually cut. It is a new store that is less than 15 minutes away from a Best Buy that has been around since the dark ages and was always busy. Bottom line is there are people losing their jobs either way.

I need a new signature.

#23 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

Yeah. I just hope it's not legit, since I actually enjoy going to my closest store(even without being able to get pennied guides) anymore and I've become so friendly with the employees there.

I posted the link from the OP here on the BB forums, so we'll see what(if anything) the reps there have to say about it.

Posted Image

#24 devyanks90

devyanks90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Article about Best Buy announcing closures around Minneapolis:http://www.bizjourna...sota-store.html

Number of stores that match between the list and that article: 0

Also found a forbes article mentioning these 5 and a store in San Antonio area (no exact store mentioned), no matching.

#25 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

My closest is safe but not my second closest, waterfront pa is on the list. Oh well, looks like I only got one bestbuy now.

#26 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

I'll still have two stores, but one is a much further off(30+ miles) and they're strict as hell on everything just like the other store here that's not on the chopping block list.:roll:

Posted Image

#27 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

Article about Best Buy announcing closures around Minneapolis:http://www.bizjourna...sota-store.html

Number of stores that match between the list and that article: 0

Also found a forbes article mentioning these 5 and a store in San Antonio area (no exact store mentioned), no matching.

I was wondering why I didn't see any San Antonio stores on there. Not that I'm welcoming it, but we have a ton of Best Buys in the city that are in the middle of nowhere pretty much.

#28 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

That Columbia Height store in DC was awesome... I think I got like 8 SBD games free in one transaction there. The cashier was like "Shooot. I don't care if it's free. For all I know, you be buying tons of stuff from us, so they be giving you free stuff." it was a little too out there to hit regularly, though.

#29 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:47 AM

I'm glad they're closing down. Best Buy needs to learn a lesson. I hope Wal-Mart is next.

At one point in time I would have likely agreed, but having become friendly with so many employees at my closest one I'm sad to see them closing(if that list is legit). Not every BB has bad employees and service, but the ones that did definitely need to be retooled from the ground up.

As for WM, they won't close down until all of their competition is gone. Even then, I don't see them shutting down completely. But they could definitely do with closing some stores too, since they have one for about every 10-20 miles around here.

Posted Image

#30 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

Assuming that list is correct, the store in Chesterfield MO is one of the two Magnolia Best Buy stores in the area. Not sure why that one would be closed, for that reason, as well as it's a relatively new store in an area with an affluent local population.

The Ellisville MO is one of the oldest stores in the area and is a bit out of the way from the rest of the other stores. Plus, there's a very newly (2-3 years old) built updated-layout store about 5 miles to the east that's much easier to get to. The Ellisville store being closed down isn't a surprise.

It's possible this whole list is wrong. The one store i go to all the time is a ghost town even though the staff is great. And they're not on the list.

I'm glad they're closing down. Best Buy needs to learn a lesson. I hope Wal-Mart is next.

What is wrong with you?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade