Photo
- - - - -

The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#1681 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I doubt it will happen but I really want to see the falcons take it all since my team is out. I think Tony Gonzo really deserves it after being stuck on the chiefs all those years

#1682 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Sportscenter shouldnt even be giving this attention. I want sports news not some college kid's make-believe stories.

When he brought it into his Heisman campaign, it became sports -- and public -- news.

LOL. I'll admit I haven't read any of the news stories relating to this but I am surprised that this wasn't discovered earlier....

I mean his relative (mom or grandmother?) actually did pass away in September (?) and IIRC his fake girlfriend died shortly thereafter.

How it wasn't discovered that he was lying then I have no idea....

Grandmother. His "girlfriend" supposedly died within hours. Same day, I think.

#1683 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Chiefs weren't always so terrible. They were pretty potent with Trent Green and Priest Holmes for a few years. Gonzo saw playoffs from the sidelines 3 times while with the Chiefs.

Seems like a good guy though... totally indifferent to all final four teams.
Posted Image

#1684 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Glad the Jags got a new head coach. I was worried they would take the Niners OC Greg Roman.

#1685 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

http://www.dawgsbyna...her-staff-named

I guess that one of the coaching rumors for the Browns had to come true at some point this off-season, so the Browns announced some of the new and returning staff members:

Norv Turner - OC
Scott Turner - WR Coach
Brad Roll - Strength & Conditioning Coach
Mike Sullivan - OL Coach #2
George Warhop - OL Coach #1
Chris Tabor - ST Coach

Warhop and Tabor are the returning coaches, though it's weird that they hired a second OL Coach who isn't an assistant. Sullivan and Warhop are both OL coaches with Warhop taking the lead between the two of them.

It'll be interesting to see what Norv Turner will bring to the offense now that he doesn't have to manage the game and can focus on the offense.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1686 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

http://www.dawgsbyna...her-staff-named

I guess that one of the coaching rumors for the Browns had to come true at some point this off-season, so the Browns announced some of the new and returning staff members:

Norv Turner - OC
Scott Turner - WR Coach
Brad Roll - Strength & Conditioning Coach
Mike Sullivan - OL Coach #2
George Warhop - OL Coach #1
Chris Tabor - ST Coach

Warhop and Tabor are the returning coaches, though it's weird that they hired a second OL Coach who isn't an assistant. Sullivan and Warhop are both OL coaches with Warhop taking the lead between the two of them.

It'll be interesting to see what Norv Turner will bring to the offense now that he doesn't have to manage the game and can focus on the offense.

Awww, poor Brad Childress wasn't invited back. Good riddance and screw that guy for fucking over the Vikings not only while he was there but also into the future as well.

#1687 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Awww, poor Brad Childress wasn't invited back. Good riddance and screw that guy for fucking over the Vikings not only while he was there but also into the future as well.

How can you be mad for a guy that traded a third round pick and scored a future seventh round pick and Randy Mo-- oh right.
Posted Image

#1688 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

How can you be mad for a guy that traded a third round pick and scored a future seventh round pick and Randy Mo-- oh right.

Yeah, there's that and the fact that drafting Joe Webb as a WR but turning him into a QB was Childress's pet project as well, which after watching the wild card game we all see was a fan-fucking-tastic idea...

#1689 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

rotf wtf Webb was a wr?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=crOroS5drBU

#1690 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

rotf wtf Webb was a wr?

He apparently split his time in college between QB and WR but clearly didn't excel in either role.

#1691 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Ugh, one drive in the Falcons score a touchdown and suddenly they're celebrating every tackle and broken pass on defense. Little early to get that cocky, guys.

#1692 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Ugh, one drive in the Falcons score a touchdown and suddenly they're celebrating every tackle and broken pass on defense. Little early to get that cocky, guys.

I'd imagine they're pretty pissed about being 4.5 point underdogs in their own building. I'm not surprised they're amped up.

33126.png

#1693 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Seems like the Falcons are trying to increase their degree of difficulty by running the ball for zero yards every 1st-and-10. Just throw it until the Niners show they can stop it.

33126.png

#1694 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Julio Jones took that security guard OUT lol! Poor guy had his back to the field and didn't even get a chance to get out of the way.

#1695 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Must be nice to get half your catches off blatant push offs the way Julio Jones is able to.

Nice job Harbaugh waiting till your 17 down to actually take advantage of a shit tier run d when you have Gore+Kaep, are you trying to let this team look better than they really are?

EDIT: LOL dunta gets away with illegal contact then owns himself on the play anyway

Edited by renique46, 20 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#1696 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

rotf another julio jones pushoff

#1697 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Both teams desperately trying to win in the first half and desperately trying to lose in the second.

33126.png

#1698 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Holy shit. Turnover at the goal line. Poor Niners

#1699 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

You have Frank gore gashing the defense for 5-6 yard previous play and you try some shitty slant route on top of a WR not putting 2 hands on the ball? Defense has bailed out Harbaugh about 3 times

#1700 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

oh gee Gore rapes the defense for a TD, is that so fucking hard to call next time Jim?

refs better do their job and rule this incomplete, that ball moved on the ground clear as day

#1701 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Wow, what an awkward play by Douglas, if he keeps running under it that's a TD. I think that'll be upheld though, the ball does move but it's not clear to me that it ever hit the ground. If it's overturned though, I think the Falcons need to go for it.

33126.png

#1702 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Harbaugh tantrum! Can't wait for the GIF of that.

33126.png

#1703 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Congrats refs its bad enough your not calling these blatant push off on julio now you give this bullshit call to these clowns

#1704 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Congrats refs its bad enough your not calling these blatant push off on julio now you give this bullshit call to these clowns

I think "stands" was the right call there. The ball definitely moved, but I didn't see an angle where it clearly touched the ground while it was.

33126.png

#1705 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

That shit was clear as day, that ball bobbled on the ground slid downward and he trapped it in his thighs thats not a catch by a longshot

#1706 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

I think it hit the ground too, couple of the side replays showed that pretty clearly to me.

#1707 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

That shit was clear as day, that ball bobbled on the ground slid downward and he trapped it in his thighs thats not a catch by a longshot

If his hand was underneath the ball, which it was, it doesn't matter if it moves. It needs to actually touch the ground to be incomplete. It might have grazed the ground, but it certainly wasn't definitive.

33126.png

#1708 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I think "stands" was the right call there. The ball definitely moved, but I didn't see an angle where it clearly touched the ground while it was.

It clearly touched the ground, but his hand didn't come off the ball so they didn't overturn it.

#1709 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

blatant hold not called.

and lol that ball was clearly on the ground and slid

#1710 rpg

rpg

Selling walking dead s2 PS3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

yeahhhhhhh

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           inFamous first light $1 Timeshare

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif